(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 378.
#4151 5 years ago

By the way yelobird I bought 4 of your mods and my wife saw them installed and yelled....where did those come from....I LOVE them!! Then I sent her a link to your web page and she bought 6 other things! lol Keep up the great work!!

#4152 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Not correct. My WOZ RR and my THBA both came with copies of JJP'S outstanding manuals. I agree it should have been included with my $9500 POTC LE but it wasn't so, I have a $9600 POTC LE. Love the game, gotta have the manual. Just like a lot of the great mods that yelobird sells (bought 2 more the other day).

Interesting as my WOZRR didn't come with the manual, only the cd. Had to purchase mine too.

#4153 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I can finally post my JJPOTC pin addition photo. I finally got around to installing the topper. Still some tweaking to do to get it right, but loving it! It's now on "the JJP side of the room".
[quoted image]

What an awesome collection you have!

#4154 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

By the way yelobird I bought 4 of your mods and my wife saw them installed and yelled....where did those come from....I LOVE them!! Then I sent her a link to your web page and she bought 6 other things! lol Keep up the great work!!

Thank you So much. I am glad your wife liked them also. Most times wives don't buy into pinball let alone ancillary pinball investments so that is great to hear! I rarely have to bend my wifes arm to play POTC unlike some of the other titles we have. Thank you.

#4155 5 years ago

Mr pinball has posted he has received updated tortuga brackets . For everyone not in Australia yours can't be too far away

#4156 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Mr pinball has posted he has received updated tortuga brackets . For everyone not in Australia yours can't be too far away

Post the link.

#4157 5 years ago

I don't know how to do a link from one thread to another , it's on , is Willy Wonka the next jjp thread . Besides saying he's got them , all he says is to reach out to jjp to support

#4158 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Interesting as my WOZRR didn't come with the manual, only the cd. Had to purchase mine too.

The wozrr should have came with the printed manual. Thba did not (although I too recieved one with one of mine).

How long ago did you get the wozrr?

#4159 5 years ago

Hey guys. Wondering if you can take a look at you chest "load" target for me. I'm having issues with mine.

The guide rail to the right of the target sits out into the target hole. This causes the target to not register when the ball hits it. The guide rail acts as a reinforcement and does not allow the switch enough room to move. On top of that, when I go after that switch, the ball hits the end of that guide rail and makes a terrible noise. It's starting to get dented in already after 61 plays. I'm sure it will take a toll on the balls as well.

I've tried moving the switch over. There was no play in the screw hole, so I used a washer on the right side to tip it over a bit. Wasn't enough to do anything.

My only other though is to remove the chest assembly and see if I can move that guide rail back and to the left a hair. I may even grind down the front of it so it's not hanging over the switch hole.

I can't even get chest locks going because I can't get the switch to register because of this guide rail. I don't even shoot near the chest now because of the awful noise it makes when the ball clunks the end of that guide rail.

Does yours look like this? Any other thoughts besides trying to move or grind the front of that rail?

chest 1 (resized).jpgchest 1 (resized).jpgchest 22 (resized).jpgchest 22 (resized).jpg
#4160 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The other issues on it were issues every single POTC machine seems to have:

- Sticking gold button (fixed with lubricant and/or sanding the button shaft)

I would recommend against people doing this. The problem isn't that the button needs lube. The problem is that JJP installed the switch it hits at an angle. This causes the switch to flex to the left when pressed down, and then it binds.

Sure, some lube might help this. But to actually fix the problem, you simply need to bend that switch blade to a flat/horizontal position. This will stop the switch from flexing to the left when pressed down. 15 second fix.

#4161 5 years ago

pinball_keefer I believe I found a bug last night.

I had qualified Liars Dice. Then I drained to the right outlane but saved the ball and bounced it into the shooter lane. The auto plunger launched the ball. The magnet under the pearl grabbed the ball and dropped it into the hole. I played and won Liars Dice. Then the ball kick up onto the pearl.

When the ball got on the pearl, none of the lights were on. None of the switches would register. Lights didn't come on when switches were here. The ball drained down the wireform and back to the main play field. Everything was fine after that.....odd one.

Also, I believe this is already well known, I had shot the start chapter shot and a chapter never started.

#4162 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I would recommend against people doing this. The problem isn't that the button needs lube. The problem is that JJP installed the switch it hits at an angle. This causes the switch to flex to the left when pressed down, and then it binds.
Sure, some lube might help this. But to actually fix the problem, you simply need to bend that switch blade to a flat/horizontal position. This will stop the switch from flexing to the left when pressed down. 15 second fix.

That sounds like a different fault. On the machines which required lube, the button would bind even if you removed the lockbar entirely.

#4163 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

My only other though is to remove the chest assembly and see if I can move that guide rail back and to the left a hair

I would try this. Because as you said the balls are going to get damaged. I can take a look at mine tonight and see what it looks like. Unless someone beats me to it!

#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Find a new distributor.

This!!! Hope you get yours soon!! I was in a couple months after the release so I just had to wait out till they started production. I received mine in mid Oct.
And I went through a good friend who does business with a great distro. I think he is located in Wisconsin somewhere

#4165 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

This!!! Hope you get yours soon!! I was in a couple months after the release so I just had to wait out till they started production. I received mine in mid Oct.
And I went through a good friend who does business with a great distro. I think he is located in Wisconsin somewhere

Hmmm.... No kiddin? I stand corrected then. Sounds like there are multiple issues with this button.

#4166 5 years ago

Has anyone heard rumors about the next code update? On the POTC Dead Flip stream I heard Keith mention they are getting closer to 1.0. I wonder if that means the Break the Curse super wizard mode will be coming soon as well?

Also, is there a progress map on the game similar to WOZ or TH that shows what tasks are completed?

#4167 5 years ago

Hey guys I was wondering if Jersey Jack ships out of Florida or is my distributor just giving me more bs?

#4169 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I wonder if that means the Break the Curse super wizard mode will be coming soon as well?

I'm reasonably sure he did say during that stream, that the super wizard mode would be included in that release.

#4170 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Hey guys I was wondering if Jersey Jack ships out of Florida or is my distributor just giving me more bs?

Jersey Jack pinball is in.... Jersey. :p So they have their factory and make their pins, in Jersey.

#4171 5 years ago

So here is the Noobiest if noobie questions:
On the spotlights, do they just pull straight out? I ordered new ones and don’t want to find out later that you had to unscrew something first!
After a bunch of games....still trying to figure out Hurry Up mode
Lastly for the lame questions, trying to figure out the constellations. Anyone mapped them out? I keep looking and still don’t see the patterns!

#4172 5 years ago

Hurry up as in the Pirate lanes award? Score starts counting down on the apron monitor and you have to hit the collect pirate award standup before it reaches zero.

#4173 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

I am guessing your distributor is in Florida, and will ship the game from their warehouse.

#4174 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

On the spotlights, do they just pull straight out? I ordered new ones and don’t want to find out later that you had to unscrew something first!

They pull straight out. It’s a blade style connector.

#4175 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

After a bunch of games....still trying to figure out Hurry Up mode
Lastly for the lame questions, trying to figure out the constellations. Anyone mapped them out? I keep looking and still don’t see the patterns!

If you’re having difficulty making out the constellations, you can go into settings and set them to easy...at the cost of points, at least until you learn them.

#4176 5 years ago
#4177 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, is there a progress map on the game similar to WOZ or TH that shows what tasks are completed?

Yes. It shows you basically everything important that you need to know. Just like WOZ and Hobbit.

#4178 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Any other thoughts

Yellow arrow points to leaf blade stack below the target. Thin pliers or something. Gently grab the sides of the leaf blade stack and move to the left, direction of the blue arrow.

A little should do it. And save tearing things apart.

LTG : )

fea84c03a9df48d1b4427a513078abd6f4c74d12 (resized).jpgfea84c03a9df48d1b4427a513078abd6f4c74d12 (resized).jpg
#4179 5 years ago

Much thanks everyone!

#4180 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

On top of that, when I go after that switch, the ball hits the end of that guide rail and makes a terrible noise.

Looks like it's not designed correctly. The rail guide should be back completely behind the target and more to the left so the target blocks it from dead on hits. But if you move the traget to the left, it will be even more exposed. Popeye has this problem as well, and my solution there was to to wrap a piece of soft velcro around the metal edge.

#4181 5 years ago

wish I could upvote more than once

#4182 5 years ago

So my friend picked up my POTC LE #69 (yep that's mine folks) and has it up and running ran into the following issues out of the box so far (only posting for posterity sake).

Problem ... 3 connectors were pulled out when they put the head down to ship the game - fixed now
Problem ... the autolaunch is not working consistently so many balls fed during multiball don't reach the playfield and you have to manual plunge to get them in play. Plunger forks had to be realigned and appears to be fixed now
Problem ... the lockbar will not catch he has adjusted the 2 brass screws on top but you have to hold the moving part inside to get to catch the bar - basically still working on getting this fixed
Problem ... Spinning disc was too high had to adjust its height and make it level with PF - all fixed here
Problem .... Target Ship Bullseye switch is still stuck closed - working on this one
Problem .... rubber plunger tip was broken - new one installed - fixed
POTC 1 (resized).pngPOTC 1 (resized).pngPOTC 2 (resized).jpgPOTC 2 (resized).jpgPOTC 3 (resized).jpgPOTC 3 (resized).jpg

#4183 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

So my friend picked up my POTC LE #69 (yep that's fine folks) and has it up and running ran into the following issues out of the box so far (only posting for posterity sake).
Problem ... 3 connectors were pulled out when they put the head down to ship the game - fixed now
Problem ... the autolaunch is not working consistently so many balls fed during multiball don't reach the playfield and you have to manual plunge to get them in play. Plunger forks had to be realigned and appears to be fixed now
Problem ... the lockbar will not catch he has adjusted the 2 brass screws on top but you have to hold the moving part inside to get to catch the bar - basically still working on getting this fixed
Problem ... Spinning disc was too high had to adjust its height and make it level with PF - all fixed here
Problem .... Target Ship Bullseye switch is still stuck closed - working on this one
Problem .... rubber plunger tip was broken - new one installed - fixed[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just asking to assess if this is a NIB concern. As I know who originally bought this game can I assume you bought this used? Or did he never open it.

#4184 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just asking to assess if this is a NIB concern. As I know who originally bought this game can I assume you bought this used? Or did he never open it.

Nope this is NIB picked up from JJP factory yesterday. If you can prove to me this was someone else's lmk as I will be pretty ticked since I paid NIB full price.

#4185 5 years ago

Target ship bullseye work if you drop a ball into the ship hole?

#4186 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Target ship bullseye work if you drop a ball into the ship hole?

I believe my friend Paul is still working on it. I was unable to go to JJP to pick it up during the week when they are available so he lives in NJ and grabbed it for me. He is in the business so working on the game is not a problem for him, not only that but he is a good solid dude.

He was just sending me a list of the issues out of the box and where he was with things today. Will update as I know more. Hoping to get my game from him in a week or so just have to work out our schedules in the meantime he is putting in some games on it for me.

#4187 5 years ago

NightTrain here is a couple of pics of mine. Looks as if the guides is more behind the target.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4188 5 years ago

BIG shoutout to Tiltgraphics for amazing customer service. Gave me a second chance at putting on the fantastic pin blades. Also thanks to Pinball Life for the side art protectors.

20190220_185651 (resized).jpg20190220_185651 (resized).jpg20190220_185658 (resized).jpg20190220_185658 (resized).jpg20190220_185707 (resized).jpg20190220_185707 (resized).jpg
#4189 5 years ago

Ah okay. I know Paul well myself. He’s a good dude. We played in league together years ago and we talked the other day as he was working on a Hobbit. He told me he was getting a game at the factory for someone on Tuesday. Good choice by you. Small world.

#4190 5 years ago

A very good start but needs improvement. There are errors and omissions it seems.

IE: pop bumper mystery colors are backwards I believe (RED and WHITE)

Also, missing the point of the rollover button at loop to drop into the bumpers, this will increase the lowest mystery light by one.

The guide simply says: Pop bumper entrance - Small gap near the loop that has a rollover. The ball tends to fall into this area at random.

#4191 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Ah okay. I know Paul well myself. He’s a good dude. We played in league together years ago and we talked the other day as he was working on a Hobbit. He told me he was getting a game at the factory for someone on Tuesday. Good choice by you. Small world.

Yep I have known Paul for quite a few years now. I swear I cannot remember how we ran across one another now guessing he had a game I wanted or something and we did I don't know how many deals. He even stayed at my house a few times when he delivered a game and stuck around for some extra work and some pizza and pinball. Great guy and has helped me a lot in the past.

#4192 5 years ago

So is disc an easy fix?

#4193 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Nope this is NIB picked up from JJP factory yesterday. If you can prove to me this was someone else's lmk as I will be pretty ticked since I paid NIB full price.

My apologies. Looking through my records I made a Custom Coin door mod for someone that had #69 but it was a CE not an LE. Sorry for the confusion. Stinks that you had issues but it seems like you have most under control now.

#4194 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So is disc an easy fix?

Yes fairly simple. Just loosen #8 plastic jamb nut, rotate #2 center threaded post with fingers till disk is level and lock jamb nut back to position.

56523573132__92A9078B-B09C-4B8F-AB20-470A788EA030 (resized).JPEG56523573132__92A9078B-B09C-4B8F-AB20-470A788EA030 (resized).JPEG
#4195 5 years ago

Thanks Yelo that's pretty simple adjustment. How well does you disc mod work? I'm picking my game up Friday so wont know if I'll need it yet

#4196 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

BIG shoutout to Tiltgraphics for amazing customer service. Gave me a second chance at putting on the fantastic pin blades. Also thanks to Pinball Life for the side art protectors.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those blades look awesome! I just bought a Pirates, and getting it delivered tomorrow! Can’t wait. Keeping an eye out and see so many cool mods.

Have you or anyone here seen where we can get this one from? It’s so much better from just having the pirate on the pop bumper!

66D766C6-8EFB-44C4-9A36-568F190C0C24 (resized).jpeg66D766C6-8EFB-44C4-9A36-568F190C0C24 (resized).jpeg
#4197 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Those blades look awesome! I just bought a Pirates, and getting it delivered tomorrow! Can’t wait. Keeping an eye out and see so many cool mods.

You’re in for a real treat! Such a great game.

#4198 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Have you or anyone here seen where we can get this one from? It’s so much better from just having the pirate on the pop bumper![quoted image]

Post 2473 I believe. Around page 50. You make it yourself if you can find the character.

#4199 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Have you or anyone here seen where we can get this one from? It’s so much better from just having the pirate on the pop bumper![quoted image]

That pop bumber mod was done using the action figure cut in half. You have to obtain one and donit yourself. Yelobird posted how to do this earlier. It is cool, but I'm staying with Tortuga Tom for now.

#4200 5 years ago

Yep, still holding out for Tortuga Tina!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Wanted
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/84?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.