(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,869 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 57 minutes ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 378.
#4101 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red circle is the wireform to raise. Yellow arrows point to screws. Easy to check. Easy to fix. Loosen screw and pull the wireform the whole way up. Save yourself an adventure.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

Saving people an adventure was my hope with the post . It’s a super easy thing to check, and the consequence are potentially bad if it’s misadjusted.
I suspect lifting the heavy playfield a lot can cause this wireform to slide down if the screws are not nice and tight.

I managed to get my ball out when it happened (before I posted) by sliding the glass quickly up and down but it was absolutely an adventure and not one I choose to repeat.

#4102 5 years ago

owned hobbit - thought it was better with the new code but POTC absolutely smokes it. It's JJPs best so far.

I love WoZ for what it represented - a breakthrough in pinball. Wish it shot a little better.

#4103 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

You're lucky - I've lost count on the number of issues with mine, some small and some significant. If this were a new car it would be close to lemon status.

Yes, after reading about the problems others have had I do feel very fortunate. You have my empathy. But, my WOZ RR and my THBA have also been bullet proof. Maybe it is because I bought both of them NIB last year and most problems they might have had were already resolved. In any event, no more pre orders for me; I probably dodged a bullet this time and I don't want to push my luck. Whatever JJP does next, I think I will let "the dust settle a bit" before I join the parade. But, I will be there looking to jump in. They are just too much fun to miss out on.

#4104 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So anyone here by chance have this pin and love it, maybe has or had a woz and loved it, but had a Hobbit and thought it was a huge disappointment? How do you rate it compared to the other JJP titles?

- I think POTC is the greatest pinball of all time
- I do not like the Hobbit.
- I am only lukewarm on WOZ - I wish it shot better and also I’ve never understood the rules despite somehow learning all the rules on POTC. But I never owned WOZ and only played it in arcades.

#4105 5 years ago

So they still having problems out of box or most resolved now. Anyone get one in last couple weeks?

#4106 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So they still having problems out of box or most resolved now. Anyone get one in last couple weeks?

Set up a CE that was delivered Friday. Build date was mid December, I think 12/15.

It was mostly perfect OOTB except for broken wires under the Pearl which caused 3 switches to fail. Fixed by removing the Pearl and resoldering.
The other issues on it were issues every single POTC machine seems to have:

- Sticking gold button (fixed with lubricant and/or sanding the button shaft)
- Ball sticking on Pearl ramp (fixed by removing the black rubber in this case.)
- Flickering intermittent spotlight (fixed by removing and straightening the wires on it.)

That said, don’t let the setup issues deter you. It is absolutely a spectacular game and worth the trouble.

#4107 5 years ago

Thank you also seen your post with links to fixed tyvm for doing this. Also can anyone tell me what action figures are being used to replace pop bumper pirate?

#4108 5 years ago

What size speakers are in this? I always replace all the speakers in my Stern games with Kicker or Pioneer in the back and a Pyle sub in the cab and it makes a huge difference.

#4109 5 years ago

Thanks for those that responded to my post. I too loved the Hobbit theme but there was just no satisfying shots, nothing to really shoot (I don't count drop targets or pop trolls all that fun) so glad to hear many say this is night and day different and better. I need to find one locally to play, if its as fun as you guys are saying this might be my 10th pin

#4110 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

What size speakers are in this? I always replace all the speakers in my Stern games with Kicker or Pioneer in the back and a Pyle sub in the cab and it makes a huge difference.

Good luck with that. You have to take the entire backbox and motherboard apart to get to them. Let us know if you are successful and if it does anything. I am guessing they are 4”.

5B39F15B-24A3-428F-BBA8-CC02931A100C (resized).jpeg5B39F15B-24A3-428F-BBA8-CC02931A100C (resized).jpeg

#4111 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I got mine NIB this month and I've had zero problems

#4112 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

My November build had zero problems. I’d wager most machines had little or no issues.

#4113 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I got one in the last couple of weeks. My build date was 1.15.2019.

I'm really picky when it comes to my pins. I spend A LOT of time dialing in all of the switches and whatnot.

Here are the "real" issues I've had:

-The machine showed up with a broken chest. The bracket itself was broken. I feel like the gauge of metal used is a bit too thin. Replacement sent and installed. Works great now. My father helped me set up the game. He sure enjoyed his "$10,000 huh?" comments.
-Chest fork release solenoid wire solder came undone after a few plays.. Had to re-solder the wire. Not at all impressed by the solder work on this game to be honest. My father (electrical engineer) and myself (ex-auto tech) were both very un-impressed by the solder work. JJP needs to retrain their employees on this skill set. One of these days when I'm very bored, I will lift the play field and re-solder most of these wires.
-Chest forks were sitting too high. This one was odd. Honestly, I think either this mech is not properly designed or was not properly installed. Even when adjusted all the way down with the set screw, it still sat above the play field and was causing ball hang ups. I had to remove the mech and install some washers to space it out. Plays great now, but can't image someone wouldn't notice that during QC.
-One of the spotlights wasn't working. The casing itself was split in half. I could get it to flicker if I pressed on it. New bulb coming from JJP.
-Tortuga VUK was sending balls SDTM. Had to remove tortuga pop number to adjust this.

Here are the "I'm a picky pinball player and not many people but me would notice these things" issues I've had:

-Not one single flipper was properly gapped. I swear there was almost 1/2 inch play in one of them. I re-gapped all 5 flippers.
-Black pearl flippers were not properly aligned. Left flipper sat higher than the right and also got stuck in the up position.
-I re-gapped the "G-O-L-D" targets and the chapter start targets. They were not equally gapped.
-I re-gapped the slingshot switches. Also not equally gapped and also gapped way too wide in my opinion.

I have spent 8-12 hours dialing this game in. At the end of the day though, I would still do it all over again. My machine is as smooth as butter now. This game is nothing but incredible. Well designed and well coded. I've been through a lot of games, and this one is right up near the top, if not at the top. Anyone on the fence should jump right over.

My only disclaimer would be that if you don't know how to solder, or aren't mechanically inclined....you may want to look elsewhere.

Joe PinballSTAR has been great and so has Steve @ JJP for helping me out with my new chest and other minor issues.

JJP and team knocked this game out of the park. Seriously...such an amazing game and a great shooter.
chest (resized).jpgchest (resized).jpg

#4114 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Thank you also seen your post with links to fixed tyvm for doing this. Also can anyone tell me what action figures are being used to replace pop bumper pirate?

I opted to go with Davy Jones as that is fitting of my game but they also make a Jack Sparrow in the same series. The Best detailed and option sadly is the most difficult to find as they are Long out of production so the only way you can find them is through high markup via Ebay. The Series 1 figures are spot on to the correct scale and the detail is beyond perfect. (well compared to the Tom found in the game....

IMG_1789 (resized).jpgIMG_1789 (resized).jpgIMG_2273 (resized).jpgIMG_2273 (resized).jpg
#4115 5 years ago

That looks so damn good. Nice work.

#4116 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

With the Pin Stadiums on and off as I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But for this pin, I love them. Now to get Tilt to make some new apron decals to match.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is not at all a fair comparison. You don’t have the lower spotlights installed.

#4117 5 years ago

Been watching the sdtm tutorials. A bit intimidating with all the rules. Can't wait to pick mine up Fri from the factory. Hoping to get a little tour of the factory too

#4118 5 years ago
F3A64856-434B-4803-B5A3-F4452397A8E0 (resized).jpegF3A64856-434B-4803-B5A3-F4452397A8E0 (resized).jpeg
#4119 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Been watching the sdtm tutorials. A bit intimidating with all the rules. Can't wait to pick mine up Fri from the factory. Hoping to get a little tour of the factory too

Would love to hear about your visit Especially if your allowed in the factory with all the silence of whats on the production line.... Good luck and Congrats on your Awesome new game.

#4120 5 years ago

Pirates is still on the line for awhile yet.

#4121 5 years ago

An updated tortuga bracket is coming

#4122 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Source?

#4123 5 years ago

Ketchup

#4124 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I took the pics on character select so you could see without the playfield lights shining off colors on the side art.

when the playfield goes to a solid color do the pin-stadiums change color? if not I'll pass for this game .

#4125 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you or Someone Please make these in Smoked acrylic plastic. For me, I just don't see the florescent orange or green in this dark pirate theme. Batman or a comic theme yes but the dark pirate seas not so much. Could you offer these non florescent?

Sorry we haven't smoked acrylic plastic. But if you would likenwe can make the set with clear plastics for you. It wouldn't be fluorescent. It would be just a protector for the original plastics.

If you are interested please let me know and write me an e-mail to [email protected].

Kind regrads
Yvonne from Freddy's Pinball Paradise

#4126 5 years ago
Quoted from bbble:

Why not a plastic protector set in fluorescent Blue ???

We also have this Convolux set in the color blue.

http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206704

Kind regrads
Yvonne from Freddy's Pinball Paradise

#4127 5 years ago

Geez, March 2nd & LAX can't get here quick enough, dying to pick up my JJPOTC LE from @zmeny......

Meanwhile living vicariously through y'all and your pins!!

#4128 5 years ago

Just ordered my LE, My dist has to pick one up at JJP . Hoping for one with no issues out of the box. Should have that and the afm le I ordered next week.

#4130 5 years ago

Sorry couldn't help myself

#4131 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Ok aside from the ketchup and mustard.... What kind of update could be offered other than locktite? Is this something you can share or just a pirate wish?

#4132 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok aside from the ketchup and mustard.... What kind of update could be offered other than locktite? Is this something you can share or just a pirate wish?

Just heard it was coming don't know any more than that

#4133 5 years ago

Question ....I am new to this site and was curious on how long people had to wait for their le pirates? I have had an order in for the le since mid December and Still haven’t received my game. Thanks.

#4134 5 years ago

Just joined. Here's hoping it works out of the box!

IMG_1021 (resized).jpegIMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
#4135 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Question ....I am new to this site and was curious on how long people had to wait for their le pirates? I have had an order in for the le since mid December and Still haven’t received my game. Thanks.

All depends on how many people were in front of you with your distributor. Did you ask them where you were on thier list?

#4136 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just joined. Here's hoping it works out of the box!
[quoted image]

Pallet jack inside the house nice

#4137 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

All depends on how many people were in front of you with your distributor. Did you ask them where you were on thier list?

Seems odd to me, I just bought and paid for one last week and my friend picked it up today.

#4138 5 years ago

Yeah it’s weird I can’t get answers from the distributor and jersey jack says contact your distributor. Running in a circle here.

#4139 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Yeah it’s weird I can’t get answers from the distributor and jersey jack says contact your distributor. Running in a circle here.

That's why ya only deal with the king!

#4140 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Get deposit back, purchase from someone with stock

#4141 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Who is the Distro?

#4142 5 years ago

Agreed, not sure where you are but got mine from Joe at pinballstar and my friend picked it up at JJP factory.

#4143 5 years ago

Aminis In St. Louis mo I’m new to pinball and didn’t know if delays are common . Thanks for the replies

#4144 5 years ago

Delays are acceptable, not being answered is not

#4145 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Aminis In St. Louis mo I’m new to pinball and didn’t know if delays are common . Thanks for the replies

They used to buy from another distributor and resell, I heard they just recently signed up with Jack and can sell direct. I hope you didn't get screwed on the price. Get a refund and call Zach @ Flip-N-Out. He is a stand up guy...are you in STL? If so he will bring it to ya.

#4146 5 years ago

When i ordered Zach hasn’t started his company other wise I would have I love there youtube show.amini won’t refund my money they claim it’s a store policy since they ordered my pin already.

#4147 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

When i ordered Zach hasn’t started his company other wise I would have I love there youtube show.amini won’t refund my money they claim it’s a store policy since they ordered my pin already.

Find a new distributor. Refunds (before the game ships) should not be an issue. I would much rather refund a customer than have one paid up that is going to tell their friends what a difficult time they had with me.

#4148 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Who will not refund it? Eric? Ask for the owner, that's bullshit. No reason it should take over 60 days when they are on the line being made. That kind of shit fires me up...

#4149 5 years ago
Quoted from Wesmantooth:

Piss on that no reason for this. Call Kingpin or FlupNOut and get your game. Both will treat you great as a Buyer should be treated!!

#4150 5 years ago

I bought my game and had it 10 days later and that was only because of the polar vortex stopped the game in Wisconsin for a couple of days. I agree with the rest. Get your money back and buy it from someone who has it in stock and ready to ship. This game is too great to keep waiting. I wish I bought one sooner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/83?hl=vzspyder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.