(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 378.
#4051 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Just curious what color flipper rubber is everyone going with on this game? Obviously clear titan silicon everywhere else.

Blue titans

8E8B401A-8499-4003-A990-AD4F329E8AE6 (resized).jpeg8E8B401A-8499-4003-A990-AD4F329E8AE6 (resized).jpeg
#4052 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

As I wait to pick up my JJPOTC from Zach in Louisville next week, couple of quick questions for the collective:
1) What color flipper bats are they shipping with?
2) Saw in the manual that some of the rings, especially posts and Black Pearl, are made of rubber and not silicone....is that correct?
3) Trying to decide on art blades versus mirror blades. Are JJP cabinets/playfields too tight to fit mirror blades??
4) Can't believe no one is making plastic protectors in clear, only found colored plastics so far....anyone had any luck finding clear ones??
TIA!!!!

I just installed mirror blades on mine this weekend. It was tight, but I got them in. Love the way that they look!

#4053 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I just installed mirror blades on mine this weekend. It was tight, but I got them in. Love the way that they look!

For me, the art blades did just fine especially with the PinStadium magnets helping center the playfield.

77CB9B0F-F538-496F-8F8C-C438F9C52D84 (resized).jpeg77CB9B0F-F538-496F-8F8C-C438F9C52D84 (resized).jpeg
#4055 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The movies suck, the last 4 anyhow. MBr is what it is. And its freaking gorgeous one of the best of all time pins.
If you want deep, go with POTC. Fun? I don't know, MBr is awesome.

Well, that's like your opinion man.

#4056 5 years ago

Has anyone switched out their 12 volt spotlights? I had one go out (just requested a replacement). I'm wondered if there any any better options. I'm looking for one that it set back in the housing further. The factory ones stick out quite a bit and are bright when seen from the side. I'm looking for something that just projects the light forward.

Would either of these work?

https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdminit10.htm

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=77

https://cointaker.com/products/copy-of-1-89-flat-8-0c82c6fd-e922-4d87-96be-bc44e8d96f3e

#4057 5 years ago

Hi, I've noticed that the side rails on my potc are not sticking to the side of the cabinet. There is a small gap between the rail and the cab and if I press I can feel the double-stick tape take hold for a second but then the rail pulls away. Same on both sides. Is this normal? Have others noticed this?

#4058 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hi, I've noticed that the side rails on my potc are not sticking to the side of the cabinet. There is a small gap between the rail and the cab and if I press I can feel the double-stick tape take hold for a second but then the rail pulls away. Same on both sides. Is this normal? Have others noticed this?

I notice the same thing on mine. Thought it was kind of odd too.

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I have this on one of my machines. It’s a source of a rattle noticeable during the end game match sequence. Grabbing it stops the rattle.

Haven’t put much thought or effort into addressing it. I’m planning a radcal upgrade for it so I will likely deal with it at that time.

#4060 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Has anyone switched out their 12 volt spotlights? I had one go out (just requested a replacement). I'm wondered if there any any better options. I'm looking for one that it set back in the housing further. The factory ones stick out quite a bit and are bright when seen from the side. I'm looking for something that just projects the light forward.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=77
https://cointaker.com/products/copy-of-1-89-flat-8-0c82c6fd-e922-4d87-96be-bc44e8d96f3e

I personally recommend these from Comet. Really good light and brighter then stock. Perfect fit.

https://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/opmax12v.htm

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I personally recommend these from Comet. Really good light and brighter then stock. Perfect fit.

Do they stick out past the spotlight cone? Can they be seen from the player's view?

FYI - I just placed an order for your disc silencer and cannon mod. Looking forward to them!

#4062 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Has anyone switched out their 12 volt spotlights? I had one go out (just requested a replacement). I'm wondered if there any any better options

I’ve had spot issues on 3/3 machines. They are fixable, I posted the fix on the potcfixes page, but they do seem cheap and poorly made.

Replacing them with another product seems like a good call.

#4063 5 years ago

I have the same side rail issue. I am hoping someone will come out with some better side armor rails. Maybe some cool ones with cut outs and light behind them. I know if I had a flow jet I could make them but alas I do not!

#4064 5 years ago

Not purple flames but maybe swords or skulls!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4065 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Do they stick out past the spotlight cone? Can they be seen from the player's view?
FYI - I just placed an order for your disc silencer and cannon mod. Looking forward to them!

Nope they fit pretty much like the standard ones. These have a Really good light output and look great lighting this playfield.

#4066 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

For me, the art blades did just fine especially with the PinStadium magnets helping center the playfield.
[quoted image]

Can you take more pics of this but the entire table? I like the way they look so much that I'm thinking about replacing my mirrors with them ; )

#4067 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I have that exact situation too....decided to ignore it for now. Glad to know I am not the only one.

I really like the look of those art blades but there is no chance I could get that done with my skill set. lol

#4068 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I have that exact situation too....decided to ignore it for now. Glad to know I am not the only one.
I really like the look of those art blades but there is no chance I could get that done with my skill set. lol

We're discussing the actual side rails? They're somewhat jostling loose? I never knew they were attached with double sided tape....

#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I have the same side rail issue. I am hoping someone will come out with some better side armor rails. Maybe some cool ones with cut outs and light behind them. I know if I had a flow jet I could make them but alas I do not!

Same here, loose but I'm alright with it for the moment as I too am looking for something better and laser cut etc...

#4070 5 years ago

Pirate tip: Check to ensure your airball protector at the apron is installed to prevent a ball from reaching the apron. Otherwise you may end up like this!

EE26ECAE-E363-4E5F-A824-8CEC91F1E1E7 (resized).jpegEE26ECAE-E363-4E5F-A824-8CEC91F1E1E7 (resized).jpeg
#4071 5 years ago

What air ball protector are you referring to? Is that some kind of mod and if so, who sells it?

#4072 5 years ago

It’s actually the wire form on the front of your apron. It is technically a airball deflector.

#4073 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

It’s actually the wire form on the front of your apron. It is technically a airball deflector.

Correct. The wireform on the apron. Mine is a bit too low.

#4074 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Otherwise you may end up like this!

Slip a ruler under the glass and push the ball over to the shooter lane gauge, which is lower then the apron. Then slide the glass out. Otherwise the ball may roll with the glass and the apron is higher in the front. Then you may not get the glass off, or scratch the glass.

LTG : )

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Thanks guys, appreciate the quick responses. Just placed a Titan order to replace the rubber rings, don't like them in the machine for dirt/balltrail reasons alone, pin stays cleaner longer with silicone. I'll wait on the blades, leaning art on this one anyway......
Now I need to start saving my pennies for all of yelobird Mod Couple mods out there. I thought you went crazy on BM66, but you've gone hogwild on JJPOTC!!!

Did you go with a kit for the rubbers?

#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The wireform on the apron. Mine is a bit too low.

On Pirates and Dialed In. Loosen screws, pull the wireform up, retighten screws.

#4077 5 years ago

With the Pin Stadiums on and off as I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But for this pin, I love them. Now to get Tilt to make some new apron decals to match.

D610D4BB-D424-47B6-B294-2CA675E86D86 (resized).jpegD610D4BB-D424-47B6-B294-2CA675E86D86 (resized).jpeg103B667F-FADC-4BEC-99D2-50E2FE022B1B (resized).jpeg103B667F-FADC-4BEC-99D2-50E2FE022B1B (resized).jpeg78A0E538-7D0C-48D4-B491-AC302AA6FB43 (resized).jpeg78A0E538-7D0C-48D4-B491-AC302AA6FB43 (resized).jpeg8550D24B-73B8-4CDA-8832-7AED3A2C3C6D (resized).jpeg8550D24B-73B8-4CDA-8832-7AED3A2C3C6D (resized).jpegB80F89FF-6A7D-4861-8C0A-FB0E9C85C5ED (resized).jpegB80F89FF-6A7D-4861-8C0A-FB0E9C85C5ED (resized).jpeg

#4078 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I have had the same issue with the right rail on my NIB Dialed In LE that I purchased last year. The right rail feels slightly loose. This is not acceptable at these prices and is a QC issue.

#4079 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you get the naturals?

#4080 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I went with the Pin Stadiums and pulled all of the spot lights out FWIW. I think the playfield looks much better. You can actually see everything now without the spots in the way. Just much more world under glass appearance than with the spots in.

#4081 5 years ago

With the Pin Stadiums on and off as I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But for this pin, I love them.

The GI on the lower half of your playfield looks turned off. There is zero glow under the slings or outlane guides. That's why it looks so dark. I do like how the Pin Stadiums light up your art blades.

#4082 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Otherwise you may end up like this!

Red circle is the wireform to raise. Yellow arrows point to screws. Easy to check. Easy to fix. Loosen screw and pull the wireform the whole way up. Save yourself an adventure.

157cee02add5654ae3dba157307783c538f2ce04.jpeg (resized).jpg157cee02add5654ae3dba157307783c538f2ce04.jpeg (resized).jpg
#4083 5 years ago

I went with the Pin Stadiums and pulled all of the spot lights out FWIW. I think the playfield looks much better. You can actually see everything now without the spots in the way. Just much more world under glass appearance than with the spots in.

How bad is the zebra effect?

#4084 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Red circle is the wireform to raise. Yellow arrows point to screws. Easy to check. Easy to fix. Loosen screw and pull the wireform the whole way up. Save yourself an adventure.
[quoted image]

Not to seem paranoid but with so many new products and problems experienced by others, I wasn't sure if this was a new one. Guess not because mine is just fine. To be honest, I really haven't had any problems with my POTC at all. Thank goodness and, thanks to you Lloyd and zaphX for being there to help us all out.

#4085 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Did you get the naturals?

Yep naturals for me. Look good and really tie the room together... As for the apron wire guide I suspect this is a minor issue possible on any pinball machine. Possibly more so on POTC as the playfield is Mega heavy, the apron monitor blocks the traditional lift spot, and I suspect many (including myself) favor lifting the playfield (incorrectly) from the apron wire guard instead of the arch. Simple push and tighten, JJP gets a pass on this one in my book.

#4086 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The GI on the lower half of your playfield looks turned off. There is zero glow under the slings or outlane guides. That's why it looks so dark. I do like how the Pin Stadiums light up your art blades.

I took the pics on character select so you could see without the playfield lights shining off colors on the side art.

#4087 5 years ago

Well I like how the pinstadiums look. I can tell you that I often see the PS pics and go they look good but too bright so for me I think the brightness on many peoples PS setups should be turned down. Just my opinion guess I will get to find out when I get my game and my PS which I did order.

Hope I like them.

#4088 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

How bad is the zebra effect?

It pops up on the rails but that is about it. I generally set them on only blue with no white at all. Gives the game an eerie glow and reduces the number of lights on the rails. With the ramps being plastic you don’t get the crazy zebra stripe like you do on Deadpool for example. The first two pics are pretty representative.

#4089 5 years ago

Been playing our new POTC for a few days now and I've noticed that the Pirate lanes don't seem to work as expected; after completing all 6 lanes and hitting the Pirate standup, it does not award the selected choice. Maybe it's awarding one before or after the one I selected? Very annoying. Am I doing something wrong or maybe I misunderstand how this should work?

#4090 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Not to seem paranoid but with so many new products and problems experienced by others, I wasn't sure if this was a new one. Guess not because mine is just fine. To be honest, I really haven't had any problems with my POTC at all. Thank goodness and, thanks to you Lloyd and zaphX for being there to help us all out.

You're lucky - I've lost count on the number of issues with mine, some small and some significant. If this were a new car it would be close to lemon status.

#4091 5 years ago

With the Pin Stadiums on and off as I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But for this pin, I love them. Not to get Tilt to make some new apron decals to match.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Seriously thinking about switching but it's a hassle. PS look great I have them too

#4092 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Been playing our new POTC for a few days now and I've noticed that the Pirate lanes don't seem to work as expected; after completing all 6 lanes and hitting the Pirate standup, it does not award the selected choice. Maybe it's awarding one before or after the one I selected? Very annoying. Am I doing something wrong or maybe I misunderstand how this should work?

The lanes change color for the award. For example gold makes them yellow. When you complete PIRATE the pirate stand up by the chest turns yellow. Hitting the target will then award while it is still yellow will award gold.

If you complete PIRATE again before hitting the stand up, the award will change.

Perhaps that is what is happening?

In any event the pirate stand up color should reflect the award currently vended.

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I wasn't sure if this was a new one.

Nothing new under the sun. Williams used them, Capcom used them, AFMR has them. Etc. Etc.

#4094 5 years ago

So anyone here by chance have this pin and love it, maybe has or had a woz and loved it, but had a Hobbit and thought it was a huge disappointment? How do you rate it compared to the other JJP titles?

#4095 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So anyone here by chance have this pin and love it, maybe has or had a woz and loved it, but had a Hobbit and thought it was a huge disappointment? How do you rate it compared to the other JJP titles?

Your in the POTC fan club thread. I suspect I know what overwhelming answer you’ll get and for me yes we love it. Lol

#4096 5 years ago

It's hard for new people to grasp. My wife and I were ready to sell it after only a couple of weeks with all the issues that came with it. Now that I've finally gotten every issue fixed (so many!) she says it's a forever machine. All my guests still agree that their favorites are Iron Maiden Premium and Dialed In LE though. Pirates wows you at first several plays, has a plateau of "It's so hard" combined with "Jesus! another issue" but then settles out as a wonderful game that you don't regret.

#4097 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your in the POTC fan club thread. I suspect I know what overwhelming answer you’ll get and for me yes we love it. Lol

No i understand that, but would like to hear if someone loves this pin AND was very disappointed by Hobbit. That would actually give me more hope/interest in POTC. Because when I read people talk about how great Hobbit is I just can't relate at all.

#4098 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

No i understand that, but would like to hear if someone loves this pin AND was very disappointed by Hobbit. That would actually give me more hope/interest in POTC. Because when I read people talk about how great Hobbit is I just can't relate at all.

Hobbit was not for me ultimately. But love POTC. I had and sold my hobbit.

#4099 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

While I won’t say Hobbit is bad (everyone has a personal taste) it is by Far no POTC in my opinion. We Loved the LOTR movies and the Hobbit theme was incredible. For Us, the Playfield was just to open with minimal strategy and the code was just over my head to understand. Trying to explain it to guests made them just walk to the next game. POTC on the other hand is in My opinion the best execution I have ever seen from art, code, shots, fun, design, toys, etc etc in a very long time. Yes admittedly JJP had some QC learning issues with assembly but that can be expected from Any company attempting to build something of this complexity. Luckily they have a rock star support network along with A++ distributors and an ownership following to get you sailing in no time. That’s my view.

#4100 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The lanes change color for the award. For example gold makes them yellow. When you complete PIRATE the pirate stand up by the chest turns yellow. Hitting the target will then award while it is still yellow will award gold.
If you complete PIRATE again before hitting the stand up, the award will change.
Perhaps that is what is happening?
In any event the pirate stand up color should reflect the award currently vended.

I had thought that after the sixth lane was hit, you could change the selected reward before hitting the standup, but the sixth lane locks in the current reward. Makes it rather difficult because the you tend to change the reward accidentally when frantically hitting the button for gold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.