(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 378.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

$19K!?
Holy shit! (even if it is AUD)

I know it's mental, I should be buying a new car but with restored IJ and MM going for around 16K I thought stuff it and went for it .

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh yeah. As far as movie based pins go I think The Hobbit, with its latest code, is now the best of all time in my opinion due to excellent use of licensed assets being integrated throughout the game. The amount of work that went into that games rules, animations, music, and audio is astounding.

Couldn't agree more.

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I know it's mental, I should be buying a new car but with restored IJ and MM going for around 16K I thought stuff it and went for it .

Look at it this way, the pinball machine will have better resale value then a new car, you don't have to pay for insurance / registration, there's no gas to put into it, and maintenance is much cheaper, lol. I was thinking the other day of getting a new car and then said to myself "screw it, I rather drive my old hybrid with 150k miles on it for two more years and buy another pinball machine instead", haha.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Look at it this way, the pinball machine will have better resale value then a new car, you don't have to pay for insurance / registration, there's no gas to put into it, and maintenance is much cheaper, lol. I was thinking the other day of getting a new car and then said to myself "screw it, I rather drive my old hybrid with 150k miles on it for two more years and buy another pinball machine instead", haha.

Once again I agree with everything you say all except for the hybrid part I like my car's to have a bit more up and go.

#355 5 years ago

So I drove an hour and a half yesterday to play the standard version POTC with my 9 year old son. We both loved it generally and it was a lot of fun, but there were a couple of unexpected issues:

1). The ball got stuck constantly under the right ball rail by the second pop bumper. We played about 20 games, ball must have gotten stuck 30 times. Every single time in the same spot. There seems to be an automated feature that moves the play field slightly and released the ball after about one minute, yet not consistently every time. We tilted three times just trying to nudge the ball lose. We were not able to play as many games as we wanted because we lost so much time getting the ball lose.

2). The game registers points and hits when you push the flipper button anytime the ball is still live, even if in the ball is waiting to be launched. As long as you keep hitting the button, you keep getting points 30 at a time. Weird error on a Jersey Jack machine. Would never have expected that.

3) the new disc works better than I thought and looks much bigger in person than online of course. It almost looks too big but Austin (my son) and I really liked the effect it had on the ball sometimes. The trade off they made to put the map rewards only on the screen now seems to have been a smart choice. We really liked how it worked. He plundered all my points on his first reward. He loved that.

4) trying to pay attention to the screen and the playfield at the same time is probably the toughest challenge with this particular pin, and we missed collecting gold multiple times because we couldn’t get it and keep the ball in play or just missed it. We both drained a few times trying to collect gold. We missed collecting a bunch.

We would have kept playing for hours longer if we could have, but we had to leave. Definitely want this pin. I’m on the order list for an LE.

Has anyone else experienced these issues 1 and 2 above? I assume the false point registering is an easy code fix but I have not read of these problems yet. The game is very well designed otherwise and plays fun throughout. I like that it does not repeat the same video clips or call outs over and over like some machines do.

#356 5 years ago

The one I play locally also gets stuck in the same place.

#357 5 years ago

Vdrums did you experience ghost point registering?

#358 5 years ago

Most likely a switch that is gapped to close. Hitting the flipper will cause vibration registering the points. For sure not a code issue.

#359 5 years ago

Yeah, I've never seen any of those issues. Early on the SS Billiards pirates had ball hang ups on the upper playfield. They sent him something to fix that. Up post wasn't coming up for the mode start and the chest shot wasn't't open when lock wasn't lit to allow the ball through to the upper flipper. Those were easy fixes. I've seen the ball get stuck on the plastic under the upper playfield a couple times. Overall, no major or consistent issues and definitely no phantom scoring problems.

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Vdrums did you experience ghost point registering?

This issue is probably the rebound rubber in the Chapter Area, it gives 30 points up there per hit. I had to adjust the switch on mine as it was doing the same thing, simple adjustment.

#361 5 years ago

Thanks I figured probably an easy fix. Good to know not a code issue. Shows how much I know about how these things work lol

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

So I drove an hour and a half yesterday to play the standard version POTC with my 9 year old son. We both loved it generally and it was a lot of fun, but there were a couple of unexpected issues:
1). The ball got stuck constantly under the right ball rail by the second pop bumper. We played about 20 games, ball must have gotten stuck 30 times. Every single time in the same spot. There seems to be an automated feature that moves the play field slightly and released the ball after about one minute, yet not consistently every time. We tilted three times just trying to nudge the ball lose. We were not able to play as many games as we wanted because we lost so much time getting the ball lose.
2). The game registers points and hits when you push the flipper button anytime the ball is still live, even if in the ball is waiting to be launched. As long as you keep hitting the button, you keep getting points 30 at a time. Weird error on a Jersey Jack machine. Would never have expected that.
3) the new disc works better than I thought and looks much bigger in person than online of course. It almost looks too big but Austin (my son) and I really liked the effect it had on the ball sometimes. The trade off they made to put the map rewards only on the screen now seems to have been a smart choice. We really liked how it worked. He plundered all my points on his first reward. He loved that.
4) trying to pay attention to the screen and the playfield at the same time is probably the toughest challenge with this particular pin, and we missed collecting gold multiple times because we couldn’t get it and keep the ball in play or just missed it. We both drained a few times trying to collect gold. We missed collecting a bunch.
We would have kept playing for hours longer if we could have, but we had to leave. Definitely want this pin. I’m on the order list for an LE.
Has anyone else experienced these issues 1 and 2 above? I assume the false point registering is an easy code fix but I have not read of these problems yet. The game is very well designed otherwise and plays fun throughout. I like that it does not repeat the same video clips or call outs over and over like some machines do.

Both sound like adjustment issues. Spotlight bent too low in the pops, and likely the switch in the Chapter Start area gapped too tight. Let me knew where you played it, and I'll reach out to the operator.

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Both sound like adjustment issues. Spotlight bent too low in the pops, and likely the switch in the Chapter Start area gapped too tight. Let me knew where you played it, and I'll reach out to the operator.

Bit Bar in Salem, Massachusetts.

#364 5 years ago

Can you tell Eric loves his baby!

#365 5 years ago

I am pretty sure I said somewhere that this pin was going to top all of JJP's games! All the coding,game play, pf toys, layout! Even after the spinner gate!
This will be my first and only NIB at these prices! But it will be worth it! As well as being my first wide body game. Once again, great job Maties and keep up the great work!

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

How much of the area needs Mylar in your opinion?

I would try to cover that entire area in mylar/vinyl. It's a small area.

#367 5 years ago

I stopped in to SS Billiards and played a couple games this afternoon and dropped this bomb. I lit all the wizard modes and played through them all, except the final one. I was stuck in a wizard mode and drained my final ball during it, so even though I had the last one lit, I couldn't shoot it to start it. Man, I really enjoy playing this game, so much fun and it's so deep I am still learning different things about the game.

...and I totally understand Liar's Dice now. I played it 3 or 4 times and even won an EB from it.

44052916_2187592424812635_2707578083824631808_n (resized).jpg44052916_2187592424812635_2707578083824631808_n (resized).jpg44088601_249111529108052_7606039850289987584_n (resized).jpg44088601_249111529108052_7606039850289987584_n (resized).jpg

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Holy crap! Nice man.

Fly out to MN and lets hold a buffalo pinball live stream at SS Billiards. Kevin Vs. John

#370 5 years ago

Holy crap! Nice man.

Thanks. I learned a lot from watching your guy's stream and from playing with another good player locally and watching what happens when he was playing. It's so hard to look up and try to figure out what to do on the fly in this game. I still feel like there's so much more to learn too which is the cool thing.

Quoted from lordloss:

Fly out to MN and lets hold a buffalo pinball live stream at SS Billiards. Kevin Vs. John

I love the live stream stuff. I really wish I had that game on video so I could go back and watch it and see all the stuff I missed while playing. Hopefully someday I'll have a nice portable rig that I can bring places easily to do stuff like that.

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Be right there

#372 5 years ago

If you do ever find yourself in town, definitely let me know. It'd be a good time for sure.

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Can someone explain how "Super X" works?

Devs, feel free to correct me, but this is what I’ve learned watching the streams over the last year...You asked specifically about Super X, but I’ll answer your question with a general guide on earning awards:
Bonus X = End of Ball Bonus
Shot X = Your next shot value is multiplied by that number
Super X = Everything on the playfield is multiplied (timed mode)

1) Select your pirate award on the action button
2) Lock in your award by rolling over and lighting the P-I-R-A-T-E lanes. One of the neat features is that the color of the lanes corresponds to the color of the award you chose on the action button. In some ways, you always know what pirate award you’re going after based on the color of the lanes/action button. (Ex. ‘Super X’ is purple)
3) Hit the pirate standup target to earn the award....but, with bonuses, there is one more step to getting it....
4) Now hit one of the available lit x2, x3, etc... standup targets to earn that bonus amount. NOTE: in order to light the larger x4, x5, and x6 amounts, you need to have lit the pirate lane awards and earned them a few times, so if it’s your first time lighting all of the pirate lanes, don’t expect to be able to get x6 playfield bonus.

Basically, all of the possible pirate lane awards are earned via steps 1-3 similarly, with final step 4 being specific to the award. (Ex. with Liar’s Dice, you must finally shoot the Liar’s Dice lane).

Hope that helps.

#375 5 years ago

So with Shot X, once you collect it from pirate, say you hit the 2x standup. Then, the very next shot, and only the very next shot you hit, will be 2x it's value?

#376 5 years ago

So with Shot X, once you collect it from pirate, say you hit the 2x standup. Then, the very next shot, and only the very next shot you hit, will be 2x it's value?

Yes, I believe so. I think Super X is the only timed bonus. The really crazy scores happen when you get multiple multipliers stacked. There’s a way to hold your end of ball bonus over as well.

#377 5 years ago

evh347 pretty much has it. A new SuperX opens up with each completion of the award. The first time you complete and collect SuperX, only 2x is available on the standups. The next time you do it, 2x and 3x are available (meaning you can make a mistake and take 2x instead of 3x). Then the next one adds 4x, 5x, then finally 6x for the 5th+ collection of SuperX. At any time when you light the standups, it's the first one you hit is what you get, making it slightly more riskier DURING multiball.

SuperX isn't the only timed award from the inlanes... ShotX technically has a timer (20 seconds) to make a shot. Arrr Frenzy last 30 seconds like SuperX, and its value increases each time you collect it as well (500, 750, 1000, etc.). Hurryup starts immediately after completing the lanes and you collect the Hurryup value by hitting the Pirate target ASAP. Also, other things become more valuable the more you do them, such as Light Gold (20, then 30, then 40...), big points becomes more and more valuable, hurryup becomes more and more valuable, etc. We are quite proud of the depth we managed to pack into "just an inlane rule"!

#378 5 years ago

Thank you evh and Keefer! It's very impressive the rules you've crammed in those inlanes!

#379 5 years ago

I'm not a rules genius, so bear with me, but why would you choose "Shot X" over "Super X". Shot X just multiplies the next shot, while Super X multiplies the entire playfield. Seems much better, no?

#380 5 years ago

I'm not a rules genius, so bear with me, but why would you choose "Shot X" over "Super X". Shot X just multiplies the next shot, while Super X multiplies the entire playfield. Seems much better, no?

Why not both qualify super X > get shot X with the PIRATE lanes (all but one letter) ready, hit pirate target to cash in super X > start super X > spell PIRATE to qualify shot X > cash in Shot X > ??? > profit.

Too Easy? Then stack super X 6x with Shot X 6x

#381 5 years ago

Continuing from what Eskaybee said, ShotX always lights all 5 targets, so any time you collect ShotX, the next one can be worth up to 6x (depending on which target you hit). So if you have a fat super or some other shot lit or coming up, go for the ShotX and try to collect it at 6x.

I once finished a chapter with an ~880K shot. Tia Dalma (added pressure) as the last character, decent time still on timer, had 6x going, nailed 6x target for ShotX, backhanded Tia Dalma for the horrific collect.

#382 5 years ago

I don`t think the manual has been posted yet, here it is:

http://159.203.76.48/potc/POTC_Manual%201_1%20October%202018.pdf

Missing the rules and shot map, but that will come soon i guess.

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Continuing from what eskaybee said, ShotX always lights all 5 targets, so any time you collect ShotX, the next one can be worth up to 6x (depending on which target you hit). So if you have a fat super or some other shot lit or coming up, go for the ShotX and try to collect it at 6x.
I once finished a chapter with an ~880K shot. Tia Dalma (added pressure) as the last character, decent time still on timer, had 6x going, nailed 6x target for ShotX, backhanded Tia Dalma for the horrific collect.

The rules rock in this pin. I appreciate the deep thought that went into making this pin a notch above anything else in my collection. I finally got my POTCLE and can't seem to stop playing it. The only constructive feedback is that I believe that there should be posts and a rubber on the upper playfield to keep the ball from falling off. Sometimes the ball gets stuck on top of the wooden rail and you either need to tilt the machine or remove the glass to resume gameplay. Otherwise there is nothing I can say but this is the best pin I own. Thanks for digging in with the rule set!

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

The only constructive feedback is that I believe that there should be posts and a rubber on the upper playfield to keep the ball from falling off.

Do you mean on right side of the ship?
It is meant to fall off, but you can make it harder/easier.

Page E9 in the manual:

FCF71B66-1B22-4127-8D83-FCCE139D78D9 (resized).jpegFCF71B66-1B22-4127-8D83-FCCE139D78D9 (resized).jpegA2EB9D3D-C8FA-4F8D-B633-A7B208E275EC (resized).jpegA2EB9D3D-C8FA-4F8D-B633-A7B208E275EC (resized).jpeg

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Sometimes the ball gets stuck on top of the wooden rail and you either need to tilt the machine or remove the glass to resume gameplay.

I noticed this happen to someone at PAGG. I just tapped the side of the cabinet with the palm of my hand and ball popped back into play.

Perhaps something to prevent the ball trap there would be better than keeping the ball from dropping off the mini playfield.

#386 5 years ago

Hey friends-

If you're coming to Chicago Pinball Expo this weekend, come say hi. If you have a Pirates already, or one on order, let me know. I'll have a little something special for you if we meet in person.

Cheers,

Eric

#387 5 years ago

So stoked! Couple more weeks and I will be getting my first NIB!

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I noticed this happen to someone at PAGG. I just tapped the side of the cabinet with the palm of my hand and ball popped back into play.
Perhaps something to prevent the ball trap there would be better than keeping the ball from dropping off the mini playfield.

At the York show this happened a handful of times. I agree that modifying the plastic on the wood rail would likely keep the ball from becoming trapped. It's not a show stopper but I would imagine that it would be an easy fix.

#389 5 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

At the York show this happened a handful of times. I agree that modifying the plastic on the wood rail would likely keep the ball from becoming trapped. It's not a show stopper but I would imagine that it would be an easy fix.

If there was a problem you would think it would show up during testing maybe the pins have not been set at the correct levels.

#390 5 years ago

Played Pirates for the first time at the Houston Arcade Expo. My wife is sold on it 100%. Going to have to sell my Theatre of Magic but it will be worth it.

20181020_164555 (resized).jpg20181020_164555 (resized).jpg
#391 5 years ago

The one we were playing here at the Houston Arcade Expo had a bit of warping around the outer edge of the disc (part where the removed large ring is). Does anyone seen this on other machines? Wonder if this was an altered machine and it's showing?

#393 5 years ago

Tonight we talk with Hogbog of Jersey Jack Pinball about all things Pirates of the Caribbean! Reply with your questions or email [email protected] and we'll answer them on the show. Live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

eric (resized).jpgeric (resized).jpg
#394 5 years ago

Tonight we talk with hogbog of Jersey Jack Pinball about all things Pirates of the Caribbean! Reply with your questions or email [email protected] and we'll answer them on the show. Live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball[quoted image]

Looking forward to it. Question for Eric: Did you start the mechanical design after collaboration with the software teams code vision or did they write the “code story” as they seen the mechanical direction unfold. Also, did you have involvement in some of the software code direction. Amazing Pin!!

#395 5 years ago

Tonight we talk with hogbog of Jersey Jack Pinball about all things Pirates of the Caribbean! Reply with your questions or email [email protected] and we'll answer them on the show. Live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball[quoted image]

Ive got a question for him........hahaha

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ive got a question for him........hahaha

I'll ask so your game gets bumped back another spot. I've got your back!

#397 5 years ago

I'll ask so your game gets bumped back another spot. I've got your back!

Or he will take a crap in Zach's Maelstrom hole before it ships. lol

#398 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm not sure what to think about this!

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

lol

Crude ... but humorous.

#400 5 years ago

Chest releasing two balls instead of one. Solution?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 38.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.