(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 377.
#3901 5 years ago

Btc is coming in 1.0. you will only need to have played all wizard modes, but probably winning them will make btc score higher. That's the current plan.

#3902 5 years ago

I noticed on the stream that the left devils triangle shot, when returning, was exiting right AROUND the left sling and to the flipper.

This was a question asked earlier and almost everyone's comes back and hits the sling. How did they get this to work so smoothly?

#3903 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball-freddy:

Orange Convolux for POTC (JJP) by Freddy's Pinball Paradise
11 pcs. Set of yellow fluorescent protector sculptures for Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP). For the installation of the Convolux four longer countersunk screws of the Art.-Nr. 02-6005 are required for the bumpers. For the delivery please click on the last picture. Fits: Pirates of the Caribbean CE, Pirates of the Caribbean LE, Pirates of the Caribbean SE
http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206704[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you or Someone Please make these in Smoked acrylic plastic. For me, I just don't see the florescent orange or green in this dark pirate theme. Batman or a comic theme yes but the dark pirate seas not so much. Could you offer these non florescent?

#3904 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Btc is coming in 1.0. you will only need to have played all wizard modes, but probably winning them will make btc score higher. That's the current plan.

I've always liked that with STTNG wizard mode. Does winning them earn a specific award (artifact/treasure) that's used to multiply the scores in BTC?

#3906 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you or Someone Please make these in Smoked acrylic plastic. For me, I just don't see the florescent orange or green in this dark pirate theme. Batman or a comic theme yes but the dark pirate seas not so much. Could you offer these non florescent?

I would love them in clear. I always like to use plastic protectors but want clear. Any chance of that?

#3907 5 years ago

Alright, SWMBO has very hesitantly sort of agreed to let me make my next pin purchase: JJPPOTC LE!! Zach ZMeny at FlipNOut is already taking care of me, and looking forward to it joining the collection in a couple of weeks. Keefer pinball_keefer really wet my appetite on this pin with his panel at LAX last year, and I've finally got the resources to be able to pull the trigger...stoked!!! An apparently just in time, based upon JJP's announcement. This will be my first JJP, so looking forward to learning the Ins & Outs of this system as well!

In the mean time I will be slowly re-reading this thread in detail as well as others here on Pinside to prepare. Cliffy's are already ordered, and now I'm looking for other must have mods such as plastic protectors or flipper cabinet protectors, which I haven't been able to find any so far form the normal sources.

Besides the awesome mods from the Mod Couple Yelobird that will also be ordered sooner or later (just as I did with BM66) what are the other must have mods/items I will need to get for my soon to be arriving pin??

#3908 5 years ago

Smoked translucent for me as well!

#3909 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Smoked translucent for me as well!

I guess I could live with that so put me in line for a set if they get made!

On a side note my POTC LE will be available to pick up next week. Friend is getting it for me and we will meet up next weekend.

I laughingly but proudly will say I am member of the club with POTC LE #69

#3910 5 years ago

Why not a plastic protector set in fluorescent Blue ???

#3911 5 years ago

Does anyone here have any of the Pin Stadium products on their JJP POTC? I'm very curious how it looks and user feedback if it enhances any light shows. I tried to search for POTC Pin Stadium, but thought I would ask here and see what opinion/experience people have with the light mod.

#3912 5 years ago
Quoted from Nostaw:

Does anyone here have any of the Pin Stadium products on their JJP POTC? I'm very curious how it looks and user feedback if it enhances any light shows. I tried to search for POTC Pin Stadium, but thought I would ask here and see what opinion/experience people have with the light mod.

Find a post from VillaThrilla or something like that he posted pics of his. Don't recall if it was in this thread or the pinstadium one but it is here somewhere as I saw it.

#3913 5 years ago

Same goes for me.. The smoked acrylic would be ideal.

#3914 5 years ago
Quoted from Nostaw:

Post 3888 shows a picture of it with Pin Stadiums.

#3915 5 years ago

Thanks to LTG, Kingpin, zaphx, and the others that posted here on the ship issue. I've almost got it working.

Now the ship will fully move during the ship test, but still barely moves/stops moving during the game. I'm thinking it's still a loose wire somewhere, but will keep playing and see how it does.

#3916 5 years ago

Pirate with tons of mods!

IMG_1859 (resized).jpgIMG_1859 (resized).jpgIMG_2479 (resized).jpgIMG_2479 (resized).jpgIMG_2481 (resized).jpgIMG_2481 (resized).jpgIMG_2482 (resized).jpgIMG_2482 (resized).jpgIMG_2483 (resized).jpgIMG_2483 (resized).jpgIMG_2484 (resized).jpgIMG_2484 (resized).jpgIMG_2485 (resized).jpgIMG_2485 (resized).jpg
#3917 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Thanks to LTG, Kingpin, zaphx, and the others that posted here on the ship issue. I've almost got it working.
Now the ship will fully move during the ship test, but still barely moves/stops moving during the game. I'm thinking it's still a loose wire somewhere, but will keep playing and see how it does.

What is the lowest speed achieved during the ship test? Are you certain the motor is running smoothly without bending the mount during any point?

#3918 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What is the lowest speed achieved during the ship test? Are you certain the motor is running smoothly without bending the mount during any point?

Yes it goes all the way down to 5 during the ship test.

#3919 5 years ago

drfright, those mods look great!! Are they all modcouple? Does your Jack the Monkey have a pinball in his hand?

#3920 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Hey that's the pirates that got me to drop 10k on pirates! Thanks a lot man :/

#3921 5 years ago

Yes it goes all the way down to 5 during the ship test.

Ok. So you don’t have my problem then. Is the harness to the backbox binding against the rocking mech when the playfield is inserted?

Do the optos appear to test out correctly during the ship test?

#3922 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Does winning them earn a specific award (artifact/treasure) that's used to multiply the scores in BTC?

It'll probably just be presented as "score level" like the other wizard modes do now.

Now the ship will fully move during the ship test, but still barely moves/stops moving during the game.

There are game adjustments that control the minimum speed and sway, might want to check what those are set to as well. Maybe just take a picture?

#3923 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!
Any issues with the artblades? I bought the Kraken ones but haven't installed yet because the PF seems pretty tight against the cab walls.

#3924 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jack the Monkey is Jacked! what happened to him hand with the pinball in it?

#3925 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I would love them in clear. I always like to use plastic protectors but want clear. Any chance of that?

Deeper at the edges for protection and clear. Would clear not show the RGB GI better than coloured or smoke?

If anyone already has the vector files for these I could run off my own. I just have a small CNC but it works. Making the files is possible of course but that would save me time

#3926 5 years ago

I’m helping my friend set up CE 146.

We are doing switch tests and found 3 targets not responding on the pearl:

Bonus
X
Load

Can you give us pointers on what to look at @ltg?

#3927 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can you give us pointers on what to look at ltg?

Tests - Switches -Matrixed, push with finger. Not working. Broken wire(s) below the black pearl playfield.

LTG : )

#3928 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches -Matrixed, push with finger. Not working. Broken wire(s) below the black pearl playfield.

Switch test and pressing with finger is what we did. Will pull the pearl and examine.

#3929 5 years ago

Anyone have box measurements on this? Trying to decide which vehicle to take to pick it up.

#3930 5 years ago

LTG nothing visibly broken or not soldered in place. Those three switches just straight don’t work.

The rest of the machine appears fine. Had a minor adjustment to the 2x stand up.

4E5FC752-75D2-468C-81E0-D523D1ECC229 (resized).jpeg4E5FC752-75D2-468C-81E0-D523D1ECC229 (resized).jpeg67048C36-2B6A-48A4-B297-001A9DE9CEF8 (resized).jpeg67048C36-2B6A-48A4-B297-001A9DE9CEF8 (resized).jpeg798B5BB4-88D1-4F89-BA0B-D633753398AE (resized).jpeg798B5BB4-88D1-4F89-BA0B-D633753398AE (resized).jpeg
#3931 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

ltg nothing visibly broken or not soldered in place. Those three switches just straight don’t work.
The rest of the machine appears fine. Had a minor adjustment to the 2x stand up. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cut the ziptie and look further down the line. All three of those targets are daisy chained together and if the wire is broken somewhere in the bundle of ziptied wires (like mine was) then they won’t register at all. I think it’s the green and brown wire, but not 100% on the color

#3932 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

nothing visibly broken or not soldered in place.

Did you lift the black pearl playfield up and out and look at all the wiring below ? Could be broken wires at other switches killing those.

#3933 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Deeper at the edges for protection and clear. Would clear not show the RGB GI better than coloured or smoke?
If anyone already has the vector files for these I could run off my own. I just have a small CNC but it works. Making the files is possible of course but that would save me time

I don’t think smoked translucent would be any worse at letting light through than red or any of the other crazy colors.

The smoked translucent style has become quite popular with led automotive lighting housings so I think it could work.

The neons and flashy don’t look like something that fits the style of the art.

#3934 5 years ago

What kind of spotlights does this game use? I had one bad one and replaced it with a 6.3v spot. Burnt 2 of them out right away.

#3935 5 years ago

Scratch that. All of my spotlights are out now. That’s no good. What did I burn out?

#3936 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you lift the black pearl playfield up and out and look at all the wiring below ? Could be broken wires at other switches killing those.

Yes we did. That pearl is NOT easy to deal with. Did not find anything obvious.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B11GlxzuqGDXuez

#3937 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Scratch that. All of my spotlights are out now. That’s no good. What did I burn out?

spotlights are controlled by

f709 3a sb
f714 4a sb

Yellow power wire (J109-1) and yellow/green drive (J109-8)

are you pop bumper barrels spinning, your black pearl moving? (these are on the same power line). If they are, then you either have a blown transistor (Q416) or a broken wire. The same color wiring is for all 5 spotlights

#3938 5 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

Cut the ziptie and look further down the line. All three of those targets are daisy chained together and if the wire is broken somewhere in the bundle of ziptied wires (like mine was) then they won’t register at all. I think it’s the green and brown wire, but not 100% on the color

Wait, you had a broken wire -inside- the zip tied bundle?

Was your behavior the same, these 3 specific switches failing?

#3939 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wait, you had a broken wire -inside- the zip tied bundle?
Was your behavior the same, these 3 specific switches failing?

are you other switches in that column working?

Spot
Gold
Cannon

it sounds like you have a broken wire. I would check the wire coming off of the "Spot" target since this the one before you seem to be losing activity.

#3940 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What kind of spotlights does this game use?

12 volt.

#3941 5 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

I'm almost certain it's the green and brown wire.

#3942 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I'm almost certain it's the green and brown wire.

yes, it is. the entire column is run by the green/brown wire. manuals are built into each games software, and are also downloadable at www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support. click downloads, pirates, manual.

page c-152 (switch matrix)

#3943 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

are you other switches in that column working?
Spot
Gold
Cannon
it sounds like you have a broken wire. I would check the wire coming off of the "Spot" target since this the one before you seem to be losing activity.

Yep the other 3 are fine. I’m about to head back over there and help him diagnose this. Thank you!

#3944 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

spotlights are controlled by
f709 3a sb
f714 4a sb
Yellow power wire (J109-1) and yellow/green drive (J109-8)
are you pop bumper barrels spinning, your black pearl moving? (these are on the same power line). If they are, then you either have a blown transistor (Q416) or a broken wire. The same color wiring is for all 5 spotlights

You are correct. 714 was blown. All good now. Gracias amigo.

04C5245A-237F-497D-89FB-C0D984B409EC (resized).jpeg04C5245A-237F-497D-89FB-C0D984B409EC (resized).jpeg
#3945 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep the other 3 are fine. I’m about to head back over there and help him diagnose this. Thank you!

okay, then i would definitely check the wire coming from the (Spot) gold target and going to the (Load) cannon target. you will have to remove the black pearl in order to get a good look at (and fix) this wire.

#3946 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You are correct. 714 was blown. All good now. Gracias amigo. [quoted image]

glad to hear it.

#3947 5 years ago

Did they build all the CE Editions?
If not how many if you had to guess ?

#3948 5 years ago

Pretty impressed with watching the deadflip stream of this game. Lots of good code, lots of good shots, and lots of good new ideas. Really impressive total package here from JJP.

#3949 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Did they build all the CE Editions?
If not how many if you had to guess ?

Yes. I have 2 left if you are looking for one

#3950 5 years ago

Is it possible to release the soundtrack? I love the soundtrack and it would be awesome to listen to it when not playing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/79?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.