(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 32 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 378.
#3851 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Mod Couple mods just arrived. Right off the bat I can say I'm really impressed with the detail. Very nice!
[quoted image]

What? You didn't get "Jack the Monkey"?? No "Hangman's Noose"? I can see another order in your future.

#3852 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Yes, many great shots and it is a smooth shooter. I find the upper playfield challenging, never tedious. I think the sound is great and fits perfectly with the game. Jack Danger is suppose to stream the game this afternoon at 5PM CST on Twitch with Eric and the design team. Probably worth watching.[quoted image]

I wonder if this is still happening?

#3853 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

I wonder if this is still happening?

I wonder if they meant EST ? Eric posted on face book an hour ago about two hours to go. Which would put it in about 45 minutes.

LTG : )

#3854 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wonder if they meant EST ?

If that was the case, it would have started an hour ago.

#3855 5 years ago

5pm EST would be well past now. It's 6:15pm EST. Did they mean Pacific time?

#3856 5 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Trade WOZ for pirates? HMMMMMMMMMM

That's exactly what i am doing

#3857 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

5pm EST would be well past now. It's 6:15pm EST. Did they mean Pacific time?

No idea.

I saw Eric posted on Facebook about 4pm CST and said two hours to go, which would be 6pm CST. Though they've always posted CST and the original posts said 5pm CST.

Maybe Valentine's Day had other plans for them ?

#3858 5 years ago

ARGH!

#3859 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea.
I saw Eric posted on Facebook about 4pm CST and said two hours to go, which would be 6pm CST. Though they've always posted CST and the original posts said 5pm CST.

Maybe they got plundered .

#3860 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea.

I'm spending my Valentines day with Jackdanger and Lloyd.... What happened to my life with this pinball addiction!!

#3861 5 years ago

On now.

#3863 5 years ago

Twitch.tv/deadflip

#3864 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm spending my Valentines day with Jackdanger and Lloyd....

Hey cupcake, I spent an hour on a tech support call earlier with a man who is going to buy one of each of your Pirates mods. I had to find you for him on Pinside, your website, and go over each mod.

#3865 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Hey All, just took delivery of my first nib POTC. I have to say, I am VERY disappointing in the Jersey Jack QC. Thankfully the machine arrived physically undamaged. But at first boot-up there were multiple switch errors. And some were not trivial. For example, two of the star map standups were so misaligned that they overlapped. It took an hour to fix this - had to add washers under the screws to change the angle, not easy given the location behind the ship motor. The wire for the Chest opto was mis-routed and was literally wrapped around of one of the star map standups - would have easily been severed after a few good shots to the target. There was an opto that was not attached because the small plastic holder cover fell off (it had been held together with a piece of tape). Another leaf switch was always closed. The Chest lift mech reported a malfunction because it would not stay in the up position. Had to significantly bend the arm on the end-of-stroke cherry switch so the solenoid could travel further and engage the lock. The right flipper solenoid strength was different than the left and could not put the ball in the chest. Oh, and there were no screws for the topper. Four hours later and the pin was playing as it should. All I can say is for a $9500 pin, WTF!!
But love the game!

I am surprised that no one replied to this. I am going to say that I had the same type of issues on my CE. It was as if no one turned the machine on and read the self test, or if they did they simply decided to shrug.

Additionally my machine was picked up from the factory and placed inside my vehicle and had a nice smooth ride home.

Certainly there is some room for improvement when it comes to a QC review here.

#3866 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hey cupcake, I spent an hour on a tech support call earlier with a man who is going to buy one of each of your Pirates mods. I had to find you for him on Pinside, your website, and go over each mod.

I just put the silencer mod on, and i am going to say that this is my favorite one because it is really well done. Of note i used the dry lube solution rather than the WLG.

Worth every penny and really easy to install. My spinner is now incredibly quiet and from my perspective is impossible to hear during gameplay.

#3867 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Twitch.tv/deadflip

is this new code they're showing?

#3868 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

is this new code they're showing?

Based upon the crash they just had on stream I’m guessing no

#3869 5 years ago

My friend just bought a JJP POTC.
All I can say is "WOW!".

I honestly believe this is the best modern day game released at the moment.

And possibly a #1 title. Definately in the top 5.

#3870 5 years ago

Thanks for your help Lloyd - still tearing my hair out on this ship not moving. I guess I need to figure out how to test the motor/board. I tried following the wires all the way up to the head unit, don't see anything loose, but there's a lot of cable covered up by the black conduit with sections along the way; I peeked in where it was possible.

I've emailed support as well. Will let everyone know if I come up with a solution.

Edit: It is an amazing pin, but an extremely frustrating experience to have my first NIB have so many issues with <150 plays on it.

#3871 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

My friend just bought a JJP POTC.
All I can say is "WOW!".
I honestly believe this is the best modern day game released at the moment.
And possibly a #1 title. Definately in the top 5.

I was just watching the stream! What stands out to you most? Does it hold up in single player?

#3872 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Thanks for your help Lloyd - still tearing my hair out on this ship not moving. I guess I need to figure out how to test the motor/board. I tried following the wires all the way up to the head unit, don't see anything loose, but there's a lot of cable covered up by the black conduit with sections along the way; I peeked in where it was possible.
I've emailed support as well. Will let everyone know if I come up with a solution.
Edit: It is an amazing pin, but an extremely frustrating experience to have my first NIB have so many issues with &lt;150 plays on it.

Have you reached out to your distributor? They are supposed to be there to help. Do you have access to a digital multimeter? PM me and we can go over how and where to test.

#3873 5 years ago

1.0 code being streamed....

#3874 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

1.0 code being streamed....

Hopefully they fix the plunder crash then hah!

#3875 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And we love and appreciate you! Look forward to seeing you at the TX show.

#3876 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Making and adding some new custom mods!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now, one of these are exactly along the lines of what I have been DREAMING about! Just not sure how to make what I thinking about. Great job man.

#3877 5 years ago

Great stream by Dead Flip and JJP! Thanks to all - it was both entertaining and informative!

Added over 5 years ago:

(oops) Re-adding: "Effective too. I'm now in the club! "

#3878 5 years ago

Good Evening everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a NOOB and received my CE POT #249 last week. To say it's an awesome game is an understatement! I'm glad I found this site and look forward to reading thru all the posts. Did have several problems with some stuck switches but have them all resolved! A special thanks to ModCouple for all the incredible mods. I think I've managed to squeeze all of them in, just waiting for the Kraken

#3879 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Good Evening everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a NOOB and received my CE POT #249 last week. To say it's an awesome game is an understatement! I'm glad I found this site and look forward to reading thru all the posts. Did have several problems with some stuck switches but have them all resolved! A special thanks to ModCouple for all the incredible mods. I think I've managed to squeeze all of them in, just waiting for the Kraken

In route and Thank you. Congrats on your New great game and welcome to the forum. Many Very educated and helpful people on this forum so jump in should you ever need help.

#3880 5 years ago

...speaking of the Kraken!.. just installed it today

20190214_211054 (resized).jpg20190214_211054 (resized).jpg
#3881 5 years ago

Well nearly 1000 games in I noticed my red flipper rubbers starting to crack. I already had similar wear on the clear slings as well, so I replaced them all with new ones from Titan Pinball.

I bought this kit: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/926

The new ones do not appear porous like the originals. They seem to play great, maybe they won’t dirty as much.

15D36A57-C971-4CD3-A119-6281278AE0A3 (resized).jpeg15D36A57-C971-4CD3-A119-6281278AE0A3 (resized).jpeg5A297D9C-815C-41F8-AAA8-5605C633FC3C (resized).jpeg5A297D9C-815C-41F8-AAA8-5605C633FC3C (resized).jpeg6D1F4782-63D6-47CE-8035-303807685E2F (resized).jpeg6D1F4782-63D6-47CE-8035-303807685E2F (resized).jpeg70CEF030-9935-4227-8DB6-B769338A299D (resized).jpeg70CEF030-9935-4227-8DB6-B769338A299D (resized).jpegB0590DB9-8309-4EFA-BB89-FEE7192A0207 (resized).jpegB0590DB9-8309-4EFA-BB89-FEE7192A0207 (resized).jpeg
#3882 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was just watching the stream! What stands out to you most? Does it hold up in single player?

It flows great. The mechs are amazing.
The # of diverters is crazy. So many different routes for the ball to go. The third flipper shots loops are incredible. And it has different paths. The ship rocking, cannon etc.
Single player and great as it depends on what character you choose can help or hinder you. Multiplayer is a blast with plundering stuff from other players
The code is solid. I could go on and on. There really isn't just one thing that stands out.

This game just has it all.

#3883 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

It flows great. The mechs are amazing.
The # of diverters is crazy. So many different routes for the ball to go. The third flipper shots loops are incredible. And it has different paths. The ship rocking, cannon etc.
Single player and great as it depends on what character you choose can help or hinder you. Multiplayer is a blast with plundering stuff from other players
The code is solid. I could go on and on. There really isn't just one thing that stands out.
This game just has it all.

Which above everything else would be beyond bizarre if JJP was just simply going to stop making these. It isn't logical.

#3884 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Which above everything else would be beyond bizarre if JJP was just simply going to stop making these. It isn't logical.

Wasn't the Hobbit on the line multiple times? I can't imagine POTC not being again with a new edition when stock dries up, WOZ is done again, and it might move to the second line as a new pin moves to the first line.

#3885 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I replaced them all with new ones from Titan Pinball.

Yep, I do this with all my pins now. Love Titan great product!

#3886 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Wasn't the Hobbit on the line multiple times? I can't imagine POTC not being again with a new edition when stock dries up, WOZ is done again, and it might move to the second line as a new pin moves to the first line.

I'm no expert, but with WOZ again on the line and two new games for 2019, it might be tough to find a spot. Also, I read somewhere that they are out of certain parts. Just imagine TS and WW really selling well and another new game in 2020... I'm sure there will be another production run sooner or later though.

What I think is funny, that the LEs are not numbered in sequence. So just because someone has a LE Nr. 999 doesn't mean that there have been 999 games produced. So it's possible that not all LEs have actually been produced. Also I wonder how many SEs have been made. The SEs are probably the toughest to sell.

#3887 5 years ago

I own all JJP's except for DI and the only thing I can say that POTC is lacking in comparison is a big "moment". WOZ has Melting the Witch and Hobbit has killing Smaug (and let's face it, every Wizard mode has one at it's intro). But POTC has the best shots of the three by far and has that JJP over the top mech thing going for it. I don't think we will see anything major added to this game as coding is probably done for the foreseeable future except for polish. But, you never know. WOZ got lots of later updates as did Hobbit and DI, so I would never count out JJP's coding department...which is the best or at least on par with the best. JJPOTC is just a great, balanced game. The one thing that the lack of assets did for the game is it did make it faster. With no reason to stop the ball and look at the screen to watch a scene, it means the ball keeps moving. And maybe that is where it's magic lies. Anyhow...just my thoughts. My only gripe after owning for almost 3 months is that I can't seem to beat any of the wizard modes....ARRGH! Gosh I want to get further into the fountain of youth wizard to see what happens next. Until then..."select your character!"

#3888 5 years ago

Yelobird mod couple Kraken mod fan here as well. The best mods are ones that look like it came from the factory. Look how this completes that left ramp by covering that mechanic and really bringing in the Pirates theme.

Gold around the gold button also makes a great impact. Kraken plays just as well as the crumbled City mod on AFM to cover up that mechanic.

20190214_231309 (resized).jpg20190214_231309 (resized).jpg20190214_231316 (resized).jpg20190214_231316 (resized).jpg20190214_231334 (resized).jpg20190214_231334 (resized).jpg

20190214_231331 (resized).jpg20190214_231331 (resized).jpg

#3889 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I own all JJP's except for DI and the only thing I can say that POTC is lacking in comparison is a big "moment". WOZ has Melting the Witch and Hobbit has killing Smaug (and let's face it, every Wizard mode has one at it's intro). But POTC has the best shots of the three by far and has that JJP over the top mech thing going for it. I don't think we will see anything major added to this game as coding is probably done for the foreseeable future except for polish. But, you never know. WOZ got lots of later updates as did Hobbit and DI, so I would never count out JJP's coding department...which is the best or at least on par with the best. JJPOTC is just a great, balanced game. The one thing that the lack of assets did for the game is it did make it faster. With no reason to stop the ball and look at the screen to watch a scene, it means the ball keeps moving. And maybe that is where it's magic lies. Anyhow...just my thoughts. My only gripe after owning for almost 3 months is that I can't seem to beat any of the wizard modes....ARRGH! Gosh I want to get further into the fountain of youth wizard to see what happens next. Until then..."select your character!"

That's a good point about big moment but I was thinking it's bc I haven't beaten any wizard mode. I would think these big moment exist maybe we're just not good enough to see yet?

#3890 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's a good point about big moment but I was thinking it's bc I haven't beaten any wizard mode. I would think these big moment exist maybe we're just not good enough to see yet?

That was my thought too. Have we even seen the final “break the curse” wizard mode completed yet?

#3891 5 years ago

I have not heard anything about the final wizard mode yet or even seen it talked about here lately.

I love mod couples mods, But I am not to much of a fan of the Kraken mod as I feel it takes some of the view away from the Dauntless. I agree that the mech being partially hidden is better.
Would be cool if it was a little smaller and lite up when that multi ball was ready. Just me thinking is all.
Don't worry Yelobird still love your mods!!!!!

#3892 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That was my thought too. Have we even seen the final “break the curse” wizard mode completed yet?

Do you think you will ever get to break the curse...I don't. I have yet to be able to get to more than 1 wizard mode on 3 ball.

#3893 5 years ago

Practice, Practice,Practice!!!

#3894 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I have not heard anything about the final wizard mode yet or even seen it talked about here lately.

I love mod couples mods, But I am not to much of a fan of the Kraken mod as I feel it takes some of the view away from the Dauntless. I agree that the mech being partially hidden is better.
Would be cool if it was a little smaller and lite up when that multi ball was ready. Just me thinking is all.
Don't worry yelobird still love your mods!!!!!

At 6ft tall, maybe that's wy it's not an issue b/c from realworld experience, it doesn't block anything for me. I can understand that though.

#3896 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Do you think you will ever get to break the curse...I don't. I have yet to be able to get to more than 1 wizard mode on 3 ball.

I've had 3 wizard modes in a game so far, but haven't beaten a wizard mode. It will take practice and time to get there I'm sure.

#3897 5 years ago

Bump

Quoted from imagamejunky:

Couple questions for you guys. And I can’t seem to find the answers in the manual.
By default does the game come with the preset difficulty at medium? When I change the presets I’m not seeing the differences in gameplay or in the menu. So if I install the extra hard preset and then I look in game settings the wizard mode movie 1 for example stays at level 1 which is easy. So what do the difficulty presets actually change? What am I missing? Furthermore, In the difficulty presets menu it shows preset value, current value, default value, as headers but nothing underneath. That screen is blank.
Is there a way that you guys know of that you can disable multi-ball stacking? I’ve had multiple games now where I have 2,3,4 multi balls going on all at once. I think I would like to try playing just one multi-ball at a time. For example with Star Wars you can disable starting 2 modes at once. I liked it that way where I was able to enjoy and focus on one mode at a time.
Thanks in advance.
Nick

#3898 5 years ago

Orange Convolux for POTC (JJP) by Freddy's Pinball Paradise

11 pcs. Set of yellow fluorescent protector sculptures for Pirates of the Caribbean (JJP). For the installation of the Convolux four longer countersunk screws of the Art.-Nr. 02-6005 are required for the bumpers. For the delivery please click on the last picture. Fits: Pirates of the Caribbean CE, Pirates of the Caribbean LE, Pirates of the Caribbean SE

http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206704

img_102206b_xl.jpgimg_102206b_xl.jpgimg_102214b_xl.jpgimg_102214b_xl.jpgimg_102217b_xl.jpgimg_102217b_xl.jpgimg_102219b_xl.jpgimg_102219b_xl.jpgimg_102226b_xl.jpgimg_102226b_xl.jpgimg_102234b_xl.jpgimg_102234b_xl.jpgimg_102238b_xl.jpgimg_102238b_xl.jpgimg_102239b_xl.jpgimg_102239b_xl.jpgimg_102241b_xl.jpgimg_102241b_xl.jpgimg_102255b_xl.jpgimg_102255b_xl.jpgimg_102260b_xl.jpgimg_102260b_xl.jpgimg_102262b_xl.jpgimg_102262b_xl.jpgimg_102265b_xl.jpgimg_102265b_xl.jpgimg_102274b_xl.jpgimg_102274b_xl.jpg
#3899 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Have we even seen the final “break the curse” wizard mode completed yet?

My big moment would be successfully completing a wizard mode. For 'break the curse," do you need to have completed all the movie wizard modes or do you just need to have played them all? Playing them all will be hard enough.

#3900 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

My big moment would be successfully completing a wizard mode. For 'break the curse," do you need to have completed all the movie wizard modes or do you just need to have played them all? Playing them all will be hard enough.

I believe you just have to have played them. I'm tempted to take the glass off to complete these and see what happens lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Wanted
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.