(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 378.
#3801 5 years ago

Follow your wires back from motor. I do believe they are the yel/blu wire. And you should end up at J109 header at I/O
board.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3802 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Do I just start from the motor under the playfield?

Start there.

You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com in the Support - Downloads section. Page D-80 has the I/O board connector layout. Page D-81 has the connector info for J109-9

I'd snoop around for something unplugged first.

LTG : )

#3803 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Actors is the one thing they don't have besides Gibbs doing the callouts

After owning it for a while now I have to agree. The only thing you can really say negatively on the game is the movie integration. Not that it is bad, not by a long shot. Just doesn’t have the heavy integration of The Hobbit or Star Wars.

For me, this is probably a good thing as the theme based on the movies doesn’t do much for me. The pirate theme is cool though. So just so you have that expectation, I think it is a must have for any size collection including as the only machine.

Now honestly, I don’t know if I will do another first run purchase. The chipped playfield with no offer to replace or even purchase at cost was poor. I am glad they fixed this issue and many other items for future buyers. Just don’t know if getting it early was worth it.

#3804 5 years ago

Gibbs did a great job though! Really top notch.

#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Actors is the one thing they don't have besides Gibbs doing the callouts

But my Guess is he doesn't work for Free nor is his time. I personally Love that selection of character as a key in each movie and one of my favorites.

#3806 5 years ago

So I had 5.5ishK to get a Maiden Pro... and decided that every time Inplay on location with league and tournaments I find myself spending all my time enthralled with JJP Pirates.

After 100+ games I decided this is the pin for me. Will be great for the family and I’ll not get bored for a very long time.

So I made the call this weekend to my JJP distributor in my league and told him let’s go with Pirates, and Maiden will just have to wait a year or two and probably will be some good uses options in the future.

So excited to get this pin, I have only owned a EM so this is a huge home step up for me. finally joining the Pirates club after 6 months of pondering Pirates or Maiden.

#3807 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

But my Guess is he doesn't work for Free nor is his time. I personally Love that selection of character as a key in each movie and one of my favorites.

Gibbs is an actor but you wrote "actors" meaning more than one , and yes he is the perfect choice for the job

#3808 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Gibbs is an actor but you wrote "actors" meaning more than one , and yes he is the perfect choice for the job

Ok you got me on a technicality but for semantics as an example the Arrrhhhg Frenzie mod is done with Several other Acting voices granted many of those were the JJP engineers having some deserved fun but they Were paid.....

#3809 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok you got me on a technicality but for semantics as an example the Arrrhhhg Frenzie mod is done with Several other Acting voices granted many of those were the JJP engineers having some deserved fun but they Were paid.....

I wasn't having a go I was meaning it would have been nice if they had got the rights to use the actors in the game

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I wasn't having a go I was meaning it would have been nice if they had got the rights to use the actors in the game

I know I was having fun with my mistake. lol

#3811 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Thanks Lloyd! First pin so I'm a newbie. Is this easy to follow? So many wires. Do I just start from the motor under the playfield? Which wires do I trace?

Congrats on buying your first new pin and choosing that to be both a JJP and their POTC!

There is literally no limit to that amount of support you will receive here. You will get this figured out.

Be sure to register your pin (serial number) on JJP's site and you can always open a ticket as well as ask in here. Opening a ticket ensure that the JJP Team is aware of your problem whether you figure it out or they call you back and assit, this is helpful information to them, especially if it is a bigger issue (game affecting).

The only other advice I would give is to try to go back in the thread and see what else others have experienced and what the root causes were and how we collectively resolved, this can only helpful. Lastly, download the manual and go through it at your leisure, It is beautiful and very informative.

Of course you can just skip all of this and just try to focus on playing the pin, when there is no tweaking to do

#3812 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The only other advice I would give is to try to go back in the thread and see what else others have experienced and what the root causes were and how we collectively resolved, this can only helpful. Lastly, download the manual and go through it at your leisure, It is beautiful and very informative.

The invaluable "Find in topic" search tool at the top of thread pages here is your friend. Many folks have made significant documentation contributions here that I appreciate very much.

However, Butch's game manuals are not recognized enough for how reflective they are of the quality of JJP machines. They're easy to admire, but they're even more valuable when you use them! Then they get more admirable.

#3813 5 years ago

Hey All, just took delivery of my first nib POTC. I have to say, I am VERY disappointing in the Jersey Jack QC. Thankfully the machine arrived physically undamaged. But at first boot-up there were multiple switch errors. And some were not trivial. For example, two of the star map standups were so misaligned that they overlapped. It took an hour to fix this - had to add washers under the screws to change the angle, not easy given the location behind the ship motor. The wire for the Chest opto was mis-routed and was literally wrapped around of one of the star map standups - would have easily been severed after a few good shots to the target. There was an opto that was not attached because the small plastic holder cover fell off (it had been held together with a piece of tape). Another leaf switch was always closed. The Chest lift mech reported a malfunction because it would not stay in the up position. Had to significantly bend the arm on the end-of-stroke cherry switch so the solenoid could travel further and engage the lock. The right flipper solenoid strength was different than the left and could not put the ball in the chest. Oh, and there were no screws for the topper. Four hours later and the pin was playing as it should. All I can say is for a $9500 pin, WTF!!

But love the game!

#3814 5 years ago

Save a few bucks on a demo game or go NIB?

#3815 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Save a few bucks on a demo game or go NIB?

What's a few bucks?

#3816 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

What's a few bucks?

4bills

#3817 5 years ago

So I was very skeptical of all these rumors around pirates being phased out and not to say kaneda is a guarantee but even he's now reporting pirates manufacturing will end very soon.

Seems like woz, then WW than Toy Story so an opportunity for more pirates really seems rare especially how detailed and custom that game is another run wouldn't be easy. Plus that license isn't going to last too long so it's not like they can just continue producing indefinitely.

Who knows how this will end but it seems pirates could be a "rare" game at least for 2019. Crazy to me bc I'm not someone to keeps games too long and even pirates, well you never know but this game is absolutely loaded with just not "stuff" but really great feeling shots, the best upper pf in history, a sick left looper up top and code that keeps your interest. Once they refine the modes a bit, I would say it's one of the best I've ever played and I've played many.

How many widebodies can you say when playing - you forgot it was a widebody?! It's amazing how fast yet loaded this game is.

#3818 5 years ago

In the scope of 9500, I would go NIB over a demo unit that saved $400. $800 would get me to go with the demo unit. I guess it really depends on how many games are on the demo unit. Do you still get the warranty?

#3819 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like woz, then WW than Toy Story so an opportunity for more pirates really seems rare especially how detailed and custom that game is another run wouldn't be easy.

I highly doubt we'll see anymore this year. 2020? Who knows? That's what pushed me over into purchasing one now. The odds of finding a good HUO deal locally in the next 12 months is almost nadda.

#3820 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I highly doubt we'll see anymore this year. 2020? Who knows? That's what pushed me over into purchasing one now. The odds of finding a good HUO deal locally in the next 12 months is almost nadda.

Same reason I pulled the trigger on one

#3821 5 years ago

Good way of increasing orders to make people think this is the last chance saloon.

Is it?

Well, only time will tell.

If it is, POTC is going to be a pretty desirable game going forward.

#3822 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Good way of increasing orders to make people think this is the last chance saloon.
Is it?
Well, only time will tell.
If it is, POTC is going to be a pretty desirable game going forward.

Got me to jump off the fence and snatch one. I tend to keep things I buy forever, so not concerned about resale so much.

#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Got me to jump off the fence and snatch one. I tend to keep things I buy forever, so not concerned about resale so much.

Smart move.

#3824 5 years ago

Strongly considering this pin which is crazy as I don't have access to one to play. I thought I throw out a few random questions to about the machine here. Are the shots smooth or clunky? Does the upper playing field get tedious. How is the sound? For me sound is kind of important as it is what pulls me into the game. It's what made me consider getting a hobbit because the sound was so awesome.

Or should I just wait for Wonka?

Anyway, glad everyone here seems to be enjoying their game!

#3825 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Strongly considering this pin which is crazy as I don't have access to one to play. I thought I throw out a few random questions to about the machine here. Are the shots smooth or clunky? Does the upper playing field get tedious. How is the sound? For me sound is kind of important as it is what pulls me into the game. It's what made me consider getting a hobbit because the sound was so awesome.

If you have 2 hours I suggest watching parts 1 and 2 of the SDTM in depth review of the game. They get into tons of detail about it and interview the designers really a good show and very informative.

#3826 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

If you have 2 hours I suggest watching parts 1 and 2 of the SDTM in depth review of the game. They get into tons of detail about it and interview the designers really a good show and very informative.

Thanks, I will. I've watched a bunch of streams and it seems really fun, especially in multiplayer. I'm trying to decide between this and BM66. BM66 wins by a lot on them but there's a clunkiness to the shots that gives me pause (could just be me). It's hard for me to tell what the shots are like on pirates because they seem kind of different. Are there a lot of satisfying shots?

#3827 5 years ago

Thanks, I will. I've watched a bunch of streams and it seems really fun, especially in multiplayer. I'm trying to decide between this and BM66. BM66 wins by a lot on them but there's a clunkiness to the shots that gives me pause (could just be me). It's hard for me to tell what the shots are like on pirates because they seem kind of different. Are there a lot of satisfying shots?

Clunky is probably the last adjective I would use to describe POTC. Love BM66 but won't deny POTC is in a level all it's own. Thats just my opinion.

#3828 5 years ago

Are there a lot of satisfying shots?

Yes, many great shots and it is a smooth shooter. I find the upper playfield challenging, never tedious. I think the sound is great and fits perfectly with the game. Jack Danger is suppose to stream the game this afternoon at 5PM CST on Twitch with Eric and the design team. Probably worth watching.

Dead Flip (resized).jpgDead Flip (resized).jpg
#3829 5 years ago

Smoothest widebody every made. It's smooth period. Upper PF was my biggest concern and it getting boring. Def does not. It's my fav upper in all of pinball. Sound/music is from my fav pinball guy (David Theil - hobbit, Alien, etc) and he delivers again.

#3830 5 years ago

Check out pinmap there are two on location in Milwaukee

#3831 5 years ago

You're welcome to come play mine. colgate WI is just under an hour from Madison, possibly more depending where in madison you are.

#3832 5 years ago

Question. Is there a way to make the tortuga spot kick out the ball harder? I seem to get a lot of straight down the middle no chance to stop it ball ejections from there (surprisingly my wife noticed this first while playing) It is my only annoyance, even if it is a minor one, in the game.

#3833 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Question. Is there a way to make the tortuga spot kick out the ball harder? I seem to get a lot of straight down the middle no chance to stop it ball ejections from there (surprisingly my wife noticed this first while playing) It is my only annoyance, even if it is a minor one, in the game.

I tightened my screws on the kickout guide (mine were loose) and that thing fires out FAST now. It shoots straight to the middle of the left flipper on factory settings every time now.

#3834 5 years ago

Underneath?

#3835 5 years ago

On top. It requires loosening the Tortuga Tom pop. Instructions earlier in the thread.

I found it got loose again so I used loctite and it has been solid and consistent since.

I have not modified the power of the vuk. Only the guide to aim it to the center of the left flipper.

#3836 5 years ago

Thanks! I will give it a try. Appreciate the help.

#3837 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

On top. It requires loosening the Tortuga Tom pop. Instructions earlier in the thread.
I found it got loose again so I used loctite and it has been solid and consistent since.
I have not modified the power of the vuk. Only the guide to aim it to the center of the left flipper.

What he said...although I did not use locktite. However, if I have to go through that again, I will. BE CAREFUL YOU DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE LITTLE SPACERS UNDER THE TOM MOTOR. Took me forever to fish it out from under the plastic in the back.

#3838 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You're welcome to come play mine. colgate WI is just under an hour from Madison, possibly more depending where in madison you are.

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on that sometime.

You guys are really making it hard for me to make the right call and save the money. Thanks again for all the replies.

#3839 5 years ago

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on that sometime.
You guys are really making it hard for me to make the right call and save the money. Thanks again for all the replies.

Just assuming but I think KingPin Games Christopher just north of you has one on his floor?? Might be another option. Good Luck!!

#3840 5 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I paid mine in full about a month ago on a CE... hope I get it before production stops

Is production really going to stop? I want one but not right now

#3841 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just assuming but I think KingPin Games Christopher just north of you has one on his floor?? Might be another option. Good Luck!!

I wish. Everything I have is at customers homes. As soon as my personal collectors comes in you are welcome to come and play though.

#3842 5 years ago

Trade WOZ for pirates? HMMMMMMMMMM

#3843 5 years ago

I'm also having a problem with Tortuga kick-out consistency. Here's the odd thing: I probably have like 400 games on it, and it JUST started to become inconsistent the other day.

Please note that my bracket becomes loose like other people's, but even when it was loose (since day one pretty much), it was still shooting it out fine. Whether it's tight or loose, it's just now become inconsistent. So this tells me that there's something else going on.

#3844 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I'm also having a problem with Tortuga kick-out consistency. Here's the odd thing: I probably have like 400 games on it, and it JUST started to become inconsistent the other day.
Please note that my bracket becomes loose like other people's, but even when it was loose (since day one pretty much), it was still shooting it out fine. Whether it's tight or loose, it's just now become inconsistent. So this tells me that there's something else going on.

For me the inconsistency was directly correlated with the looseness.

Whenever it started going wonky on me I found the guide could be wiggled by hand.

#3845 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Loosen the bracket turn it towards the left flipper as far as it will go tighten back down then you will be good to go.

#3846 5 years ago

Do you have problems with phantom double and triple tilts? I do regardless of where I put the tilt bob.

Thanks to a YouTube video I finally found the solution. Jam an earplug in there. This gives it enough friction pressure to settle quickly without removing tilt behavior entirely.

D4CE0696-62BC-46BB-A910-8A6979A9D927 (resized).jpegD4CE0696-62BC-46BB-A910-8A6979A9D927 (resized).jpeg
#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do you have problems with phantom double and triple tilts? I do regardless of where I put the tilt bob.
Thanks to a YouTube video I finally found the solution. Jam an earplug in there. This gives it enough friction pressure to settle quickly without removing tilt behavior entirely.
[quoted image]

Very clever!

Don't get too accustomed to that behavior if you are tourney player

#3848 5 years ago

Making and adding some new custom mods!

1C1F261D-BFDA-422F-BA1F-91B92FF87BFB (resized).jpeg1C1F261D-BFDA-422F-BA1F-91B92FF87BFB (resized).jpeg622174F7-09C6-41DD-B4C4-BAAA764A2F2C (resized).jpeg622174F7-09C6-41DD-B4C4-BAAA764A2F2C (resized).jpeg7584B00B-297F-4A9D-BEA5-9EC3B7D6421F (resized).jpeg7584B00B-297F-4A9D-BEA5-9EC3B7D6421F (resized).jpeg88D19240-660F-4219-9566-ECDBF14D6801 (resized).jpeg88D19240-660F-4219-9566-ECDBF14D6801 (resized).jpeg74A0182A-7AA0-4A96-89C9-11732747EB2F (resized).jpeg74A0182A-7AA0-4A96-89C9-11732747EB2F (resized).jpeg
#3849 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Very clever!
Don't get too accustomed to that behavior if you are tourney player

I don’t mind being punished for a nudge.
I do mind being triple punished for it, or punished the next ball when I am not even touching the machine.

I don’t know why my JJPs are so sensitive in this regard where my Stern Star Wars is fine. Maybe Stern software debounces the tilt.

#3850 5 years ago

Mod Couple mods just arrived. Right off the bat I can say I'm really impressed with the detail. Very nice!

20190214_135116 (resized).jpg20190214_135116 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/77?hl=skyrex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.