(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 377.
#3751 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s totally going to retain value, especially once production halts.

#3752 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

8600 is leaving money on the table. Game will sell in a heartbeat at 8900.
Big D jump on board. The game is loaded.

I probably will but really wanna c jjp next release first ... but unfortunately looks like they may stop production before that? I'm sure there will a few available from distros tho....

#3753 5 years ago

I think even when production stops prices will come down.... its just what happens with 9-10k pins these days unless it's limited. It will settle where 2.0rrwoz and dile has most likely which is 7800-8500 but probably on the higher end of that. Also jjp will make more if its in demand.... its a great pin

#3754 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Ahhhh, so it's intentional. Okay, good to know. Thank you!

Intentionally genius.

#3755 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For the guys that have had this game for a couple months or more, what do you think of it? Is it still worth 10k? Are you having any thoughts of dumping it soon? How is it compared to other games you own or have owned? I must admit, I've never had such a difficult time deciding on a game before, but the price still has me held back. For some reason there is a mental threshold past 8k for me. Even if you only had it a very short time, how is the honeymoon period comparing to other games you've owned?

I expect that at present, an owner this side of the border might only lose their tax on a NIB POTC, if selling today. Especially if it will be out of production for a while.

$9500 USD is currently $12575 CDN (possibly + 2% bank fees if you let them convert our dollar). Tax is $1635 CDN (shipping, mods etc... all on top)

I would think $12500 might be doable if some can save $1635 on a gently used NIB. Or maybe one can work out a trade for 1 (+ cash) or 2 other pins etc...

That said, if you are questioning losing money or having a hard time on anything over 8K (USD), don't buy NIB, buy used

#3756 5 years ago

Did my Depths fix and my Tortuga guide fix last night. Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted how-to and especially pictures on these fixes. Made it a heck of a lot easier. So, thank you to my fellow Buccaneers! Yaaarrgghh!

#3757 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For the guys that have had this game for a couple months or more, what do you think of it? Is it still worth 10k? Are you having any thoughts of dumping it soon? How is it compared to other games you own or have owned? I must admit, I've never had such a difficult time deciding on a game before, but the price still has me held back. For some reason there is a mental threshold past 8k for me. Even if you only had it a very short time, how is the honeymoon period comparing to other games you've owned?

We've "been aboard" since December. Even though we've had more (minor) issues to resolve out of the box than most who've checked in here, I have zero regrets about it because there's SO much value in its single cabinet relative to what else could potentially fill that space.

Big question for me would be: dump it for what else? What's available now or on anyone's radar that is of similar quality and depth to Pirates? What machine can offer more gameplay and quality in all the ways we know that count in that same single-machine space? That's a REALLY high bar at this point. In the meantime? A pirate's life for me.

In normal situations, why do we sell games? We master them. The rules and/or sounds/display are repetitive. There's new shiny objects that by some subjective measure are different/desirable enough to swap for.

Master Pirates? Well, when you can complete Break the Curse in 3 out of 5 games, you probably ought to hit the Circuit like yesterday. Repetitive? Relative to other games Pirates has arguably unprecedented variety and depth in gameplay along with a jolly roger-flying boatload of very high quality audio/video assets, and the code's not even done yet. Shiny objects? Maybe Stern does a theme you just have to have, or CGC remakes your favorite classic, but are they going to be objectively comparable in terms of gameplay value to Pirates? I suppose we'll see. Until then, pick your character and I'm going to try to plunder you blind. (Can you plunder opponents in any other potential replacement game?)

My other games are really good and really pimped out, but the Pirates honeymoon continues. Every time we power it up it's a special treat--a challenging, varied, and exciting gameplay experience with tons of "delicious frosted topping" heaped on. It challenges every pinball skill in a beautiful environment loaded with cool stuff that makes pinheads smile. Weeks after its "landfall" here I haven't tired of it in the slightest, because each game you're off on another path of adventure among so many possibilities, determined mostly by your play--maybe all the way to Break the Curse this time?? Unlikely...but press Start and let's find out. And again. And again...

#3758 5 years ago

I've had mine since October, and I'm more in love with it than ever. Seriously, no other game has held my interest in a way that Pirates has. I'm still discovering new things and strategies by playing with different characters and that won't stop for a very, very long time.

Best game ever made.

#3759 5 years ago

These are great things to hear ordered le last weekend soon I'll be in club

#3760 5 years ago

Screw it, you only live once. I just paid in full for an LE, so it looks like I'll be joining the club. Oh boy!

#3761 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Screw it, you only live once. I just paid in full for an LE, so it looks like I'll be joining the club. Oh boy!

peer pressure is a wonderful thing, isn't it

#3762 5 years ago

Just put deposit down.

#3763 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yes, but I clearly asked for it. I just needed this monkey off my back. Too many brain cycles were getting monopolized over the indecision and in the end its not that big of a deal.

#3764 5 years ago

Selling like hot cakes

#3765 5 years ago

My LE should arrive next week. Hope everything goes well and I don't have too many problems out of the box.

#3766 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

My LE should arrive next week. Hope everything goes well and I don't have too many problems out of the box.

Folks should buy with confidence. At this point a lot of previous production issues are resolved, and anything else is pretty minor and likely documented here. Support is excellent too.

#3767 5 years ago

So black Pearl's wires breaking fixed now?

#3768 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Folks should buy with confidence. At this point a lot of previous production issues are resolved, and anything else is pretty minor and likely documented here. Support is excellent too.

Mine comes from Germany and so it probably sits there since some time. Probably out of the earlier production runs. But I am confident. The place I bought it from is also unboxing and checking the games before shipping. So I'm not worried at all.

#3769 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

So I'm not worried at all.

Excellent!

I had played 9 balls on location before it arrived, and the rest of my house had never played it. I look forward to seeing posts from new owners about how much you're enjoying it. It's a truly special game, and you have an amazing treat in store!

#3770 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So black Pearl's wires breaking fixed now

Yes, It was addressed last time Eric was up at the factory. Along with some other issues.

#3771 5 years ago

I am a bit confused regarding the reason for the production stop, which seems far too early to me. One said it is not licence related. So what is the true reason? Set up of the next (unknown) JJP game on the production line? Demand should be there for Pirates.

Does anyone know more details?

#3772 5 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I am a bit confused regarding the reason for the production stop, which seems far too early to me. One said it is not licence related. So what is the true reason? Set up of the next (unknown) JJP game on the production line? Demand should be there for Pirates.

I think surely this must be to the demands of releasing not 1 but 2 titles this year, one of which I'm sure they're under pressure to time in conjunction with the movie release.

#3773 5 years ago

In the past, JJP has had one major production line and one smaller line. So, in order to do 1 or maybe even 2 games this year (+/- another WOZ run), Pirates has to come off the line. I imagine WOZ re-run will be on the minor line with whatever new title will be on the main line. After WOZ, maybe another Pirates on the minor? Guess they will wait and see if there is demand.

#3774 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

...one of which I'm sure they're under pressure to time in conjunction with the movie release.

What if pausing Pirates production allows Jack to work with the studio to put Toy Story games in the fifty busiest theater lobbies on its opening weekend?

Maybe put a plaque on them saying "Theatrical Edition" or something. There could be mild interest in those machines not sold to the operators at those theaters...

Would you go see the movie? I think I would.

#3775 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Attaboy! Good choice, I don't think that you will have any regrets.

Quoted from GCS2000:

Well, I can only assume that if we were hanging in Stern or another competitor's club that they could convince you why you shouldn't by this pin

#3776 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just put deposit down.

Congrats! But I thought the LEs were fully sold through and waiting list only. Is that not the case? Or did you get a standard?

#3777 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Congrats! But I thought the LEs were fully sold through and waiting list only. Is that not the case? Or did you get a standard?

Mine is an Allentown show demo. So be gentle y'all.

#3778 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Mine is an Allentown show demo. So be gentle y'all.

Gonna go to the show and watch over it?

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That was just with jjp directly. Distributors have a few left

#3780 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Excellent!
I had played 9 balls on location before it arrived, and the rest of my house had never played it. I look forward to seeing posts from new owners about how much you're enjoying it. It's a truly special game, and you have an amazing treat in store!

You know I received a flyer for the game some time ago when I bought another machine. My 2 year old boy always walks around with this flyer. He even takes it to bed. Whenever I ask him about it, he tells me "pirate pinball machine". Then I tell him that we don't have room and he takes my hand, walks me straight into his room and shows me where he wants to put it. No joke...

So I guess somebody is in for a suprise next week The only drawback for him is, that it won't be in his room...

#3781 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Gonna go to the show and watch over it?

Bringing my own Out of Order sign.

#3782 5 years ago
Quoted from philsublime:

You know I received a flyer for... So I guess somebody is in for a suprise next week The only drawback for him is, that it won't be in his room...

XtraNice!!

#3783 5 years ago

Couple questions for you guys. And I can’t seem to find the answers in the manual.

By default does the game come with the preset difficulty at medium? When I change the presets I’m not seeing the differences in gameplay or in the menu. So if I install the extra hard preset and then I look in game settings the wizard mode movie 1 for example stays at level 1 which is easy. So what do the difficulty presets actually change? What am I missing? Furthermore, In the difficulty presets menu it shows preset value, current value, default value, as headers but nothing underneath. That screen is blank.

Is there a way that you guys know of that you can disable multi-ball stacking? I’ve had multiple games now where I have 2,3,4 multi balls going on all at once. I think I would like to try playing just one multi-ball at a time. For example with Star Wars you can disable starting 2 modes at once. I liked it that way where I was able to enjoy and focus on one mode at a time.

Thanks in advance.
Nick

#3784 5 years ago

Wow! I just had a crazy fun game. All of the multi balls. Won at Liar's Dice. What a blast!

20190213_124003 (resized).jpg20190213_124003 (resized).jpg
#3785 5 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Note I am BS guessing with NO fact just opinion but really looking at this game as hard as it is to fathom based on sales price I wonder if part of the issue is Eric designed a dream machine almost To complete and advanced to make a sizable company growth profit. Add licensing, actors, delay, and 1 plus year of refinement without a new release and budgets start to get thin... I doubt many would disagree this game (similar to TZ) was ahead of its time in creativity and advancement. I doubt a single part, toy or mech was recycled from a previous JJP or market option. NO complaints and do hope I am completely wrong as I am elated to own one and happy for anyone that has this game and wish JJP only the best and most successful (profitable) future.

#3786 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Note I am BS guessing with NO fact just opinion but really looking at this game as hard as it is to fathom based on sales price I wonder if part of the issue is Eric designed a dream machine almost To complete and advanced to make a sizable company growth profit. Add licensing, actors, delay, and 1 plus year of refinement without a new release and budgets start to get thin... I doubt many would disagree this game (similar to TZ) was ahead of its time in creativity and advancement.

This makes the most sense to me. Take complexity, price, and delays and I'll bet in spite of all its grandeur, the game is not creating a windfall profit due to relatively lower volume. Then you hear rumors of YBR WOZ being set at a higher price with some stripped off features. If we pay close attention, it will be somewhat telling with the next release.

#3787 5 years ago

Played an LE on location at Tilt Pinball Arcade today...glad I installed Cliffy's.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#3788 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Played an LE on location at Tilt Pinball Arcade today...glad I installed Cliffy's.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ouch. I was really hoping that JJP would install Cliffy's from the factory just like they do with Dialed In but with production ramping down (not sure if there will be another run?) it may not happen.

#3789 5 years ago

I wonder how many plays that machine has. That has to be thousands. I have 800 plays and mine still look practically new.

#3790 5 years ago

Well I ordered Cliffy's for mine and will install once they arrive just to be safe.

#3791 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I wonder how many plays that machine has. That has to be thousands. I have 800 plays and mine still look practically new.

Nearly 1000 and aside from expected dimpling it’s fine. No chipping yet.

#3792 5 years ago

I don't see JJP POTC on cliffy's site, am I just blind.

#3793 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don't see JJP POTC on cliffy's site, am I just blind.

I know I'm repeating myself in this thread regarding Cliffy's, but here it goes again:

Cliff hasn't 'officially' posted the JJPOTC protectors on his site yet because they're somewhat a work-in-progress as he gathers input from people. When his products haven't quite worked itself out of the WIP status, he posts them on this page:
http://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Send him an email and he generates an invoice for you to respond to:
[email protected] or [email protected] to request ordering info

I recently gave Cliff some feedback on his JJPOTC protectors and Cliff was (as usual) beyond customer-helpful and generous. If you get the protectors, make sure you install both the MAP and MAP2 at the map hole as the MAP protector has a tough time staying flat w/o the MAP2 protector.

The protectors take a little time to install, but worth it overall I think.

cliffy (resized).jpgcliffy (resized).jpg

#3794 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I know I'm repeating myself in this thread regarding Cliffy's, but here it goes again:
Cliff hasn't 'officially' posted the JJPOTC protectors on his site yet because they're somewhat a work-in-progress as he gathers input from people. When he his products haven't quite worked itself out of the WIP status, he posts them on this page:
http://passionforpinball.com/wip.htm
Send him an email and he generates an invoice for you to respond to:
[email protected] or [email protected] to request ordering info
I recently gave Cliff some feedback on his JJPOTC protectors. If you get the protectors, make sure you install both the MAP and MAP2 at the map hole as the MAP protector has a tough time staying flat w/o the MAP2 protector.
The protectors take a little time to install, but worth it overall I think.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the repeat on the info, I apologize I didn't recall seeing it earlier.

#3795 5 years ago

Ordered my cliffys so will go one once I get machine.

#3796 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I doubt many would disagree this game (similar to TZ) was ahead of its time in creativity and advancement.

Well written and I agree. Not only the creativity of a TZ, but also the depth of code like, not surprisingly, LOTR, and the layout makes it incredibly fun just to shoot (as good as or better than IMDN). I think they had hoped to be pumping these out in 2018 with the plan to switch over starting in 2019. Maybe a year and a half (which would take us from reveal to rumored end of production) was as long as they could go with, apparently, two Lawlor titles (and more popular themes than Pirates) ready to go.

#3797 5 years ago

Ship still won't move at all. I removed the ship and set it on its side, couldn't find any broken wires.

I checked the metal arm in the back and loosened the two screws. By pulling on the little bar that connects the ship, I can make the ship move back and forth, but it will not move on its own. Motor doesn't seem to move at all.

Really frustrating.

#3798 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Motor doesn't seem to move at all.

Start there. Please check wiring from motor to the I/O board in the head. Something came loose or unplugged along the way.

LTG : )

#3799 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Start there. Please check wiring from motor to the I/O board in the head. Something came loose or unplugged along the way.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd! First pin so I'm a newbie. Is this easy to follow? So many wires. Do I just start from the motor under the playfield? Which wires do I trace?

#3800 5 years ago

Actors is the one thing they don't have besides Gibbs doing the callouts

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/76?hl=looking4firstpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.