(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 378.
#3701 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

How tall is the tilt topper?

It stands 11 1/4" above the top of the back box. The led's flash or "flicker" to enhance the burning torch look. Overall, Dan at TILT Toppers did a excellent job with it. Very pleased.

#3702 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Now I'm confused. I thought the skull's position was based on its value for the shots of the next chapter ? the more you hit the qualifying shot the further over the skull moves? or something like that.....

No the skull value is shown below the boxes.

#3703 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

It stands 11 1/4" above the top of the back box. The led's flash or "flicker" to enhance the burning torch look. Overall, Dan at TILT Toppers did a excellent job with it. Very pleased.

I think it looks good.
And look it’s even centered!
Grrrrrrrr

#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Here are a couple of pictures. I think the color of the topper goes well with the apron and map colors.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks!

It does look good. Coloring is off a little bit but not as much as I was expecting. That topper is also a lot bigger than I thought it was, I still love it though!

I caved and ordered, uggh this game was already expensive enough LOL.

#3705 5 years ago

Ok, as everyone is helping explain code to slower individuals like my self. Can someone please explain (in simpleton terms lol) what these circled items do and how do you collect them? With the help of others I have figured out most of the game code but these still have me baffled. Thanks!!

POTCHUH (resized).jpgPOTCHUH (resized).jpg
#3706 5 years ago

Those are treasures. Collect them all, and a "treasures" jackpot can be collected via tortuga hole. You acquire them through map awards or by making "combo" shots.

#3707 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, as everyone is helping explain code to slower individuals like my self. Can someone please explain (in simpleton terms lol) what these circled items do and how do you collect them? With the help of others I have figured out most of the game code but these still have me baffled. Thanks!!
[quoted image]

Aren’t those your nine pieces of whatever that you collect by hitting the red arrows?

#3708 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Aren’t those your nine pieces of whatever that you collect by hitting the red arrows?

No, the 9 pieces of eight are represented in the middle column on the main screen (they surround the maelstrom on the screen).

#3709 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Those are treasures. Collect them all, and a "treasures" jackpot can be collected via tortuga hole. You acquire them through map awards or by making "combo" shots.

Correct. One of the instant info pages tells you which shots give you which treasures.

#3710 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks So much those had me puzzled. So primarily a random award and side bonus for points in general. Thanks!!!

#3711 5 years ago

I think my question got lost in the shuffle of another discussion.

My guests and wife think that the auto plunger gets "tired" after a couple of hours of multi-balls and starts messing up. Is it possible for coils to get weaker with use and then be fine after being powered off after awhile?

#3712 5 years ago

Question on strategy here.

I find it very difficult to play all 5 chapters of one movie unless you choose Tia Dalma. The position of the chapter start area makes it difficult to start a chapter after making the shot, without starting another chapter.

For example. Let's say I want to play through Curse of the Black Pearl chapters. I hit that shot. Then I need to get the ball over to the left flipper to make the chapter start shot. So I hit the left ramp....now I have 2 separate movies qualified.

Any thoughts here?

#3713 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I think my question got lost in the shuffle of another discussion.
My guests and wife think that the auto plunger gets "tired" after a couple of hours of multi-balls and starts messing up. Is it possible for coils to get weaker with use and then be fine after being powered off after awhile?

In my personal experience I've only seen this happen with a bad plunger coil/mech or when the machine isn't getting consistent power/voltage from the wall outlet.

#3714 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I find it very difficult to play all 5 chapters of one movie unless you choose Tia Dalma. The position of the chapter start area makes it difficult to start a chapter after making the shot, without starting another chapter.
For example. Let's say I want to play through Curse of the Black Pearl chapters. I hit that shot. Then I need to get the ball over to the left flipper to make the chapter start shot. So I hit the left ramp....now I have 2 separate movies qualified.
Any thoughts here?

It's part of the challenge!

#3715 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Any thoughts here?

Post pass instead of left ramp shot.

#3716 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Post pass instead of left ramp shot.

I was trying that last night. I can post pass all day long on my other games. I just can't seem to pull it off on this one for some reason.

#3717 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Here are a couple of pictures. I think the color of the topper goes well with the apron and map colors.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice topper.

#3718 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

No the skull value is shown below the boxes.

ARGGG what boxes? is it in the picture?

Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image]

Damn I forgot all about those. There's so much other things on my mind while I'm playing. This game is awesome! by the time I figure it all out I'll have dementia and forget it all !

#3719 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

ARGGG what boxes? is it in the picture?

Damn I forgot all about those. There's so much other things on my mind while I'm playing. This game is awesome! by the time I figure it all out I'll have dementia and forget it all !

Lol I feel the same way. Honestly though of All the JJP titles I am actually understanding the rules on this game better then the other titles. Hobbit for one had me totally confused (not hard). With the help of that how to thread and member support I feel comfortable playing this game. Now I need to start hunting treasures I guess!

#3720 5 years ago

The skull values are how much you get per "soul" you collect while in a chapter mode. The skull values are shown here in this picture. Each value is color coded to the movie/column. And next to the skull values is where you see "checks" and X's for completed chapters for that movie.
da850541c6b78871768643643a68f3739f1c3bdd (resized).jpgda850541c6b78871768643643a68f3739f1c3bdd (resized).jpg

#3721 5 years ago

Just joined this club got it on Saturday, set it up Sunday played all afternoon and night. Just got my first wizard mode and don't know how i did it. this game is awesome....its also my very first nib.

#3722 5 years ago

Any LE or CE owners ever score anything from the star map? I see the coded images come up on the screen at times, but never enough time to look at the map and shoot the shot. Little like HOADC on WOZ it seems - nice side game but only by accident.

#3723 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Any LE or CE owners ever score anything from the star map? I see the coded images come up on the screen at times, but never enough time to look at the map and shoot the shot. Little like HOADC on WOZ it seems - nice side game but only by accident.

Yep! What I do to "learn the stars" , is shoot the chapter select / star map shot...watch for the flashing shot on the playfield , and then look at the star field. Then you learn the star constellation patterns. I can pick out a few now by looking at just the stars. When I get it right, and playing with a friend it freaks them out lol.

#3724 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats a new one to me?? Looks almost like a spring from a Bic pen. lol

Flick my Bic = Flip my pinball

#3725 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The left post assist comes into play when you're playing a chapter that has an upper flipper shot (map hole/loop) and no other character is lit on the left orbit.

Ahhhh, so it's intentional. Okay, good to know. Thank you!

#3726 5 years ago

For the guys that have had this game for a couple months or more, what do you think of it? Is it still worth 10k? Are you having any thoughts of dumping it soon? How is it compared to other games you own or have owned? I must admit, I've never had such a difficult time deciding on a game before, but the price still has me held back. For some reason there is a mental threshold past 8k for me. Even if you only had it a very short time, how is the honeymoon period comparing to other games you've owned?

#3727 5 years ago

Still worth every penny I paid. Zero thoughts of selling it. I've had mine since december. It has 735 games played.

#3728 5 years ago

I got mine in December and the more I play it the more I like it! It is not going anywhere.

#3729 5 years ago

Had mine since mid October and it’s never leaving! Hooked a external sub up and this pin rocks!!! It seems the more people play it and learn it, the more they want to play.

Quoted from thc666:

its also my very first nib

Mine too!!!

Quoted from javagrind888:

Is it possible for coils to get weaker with use

I don’t believe that your coil is weakening during play. Mine has been getting worse as well and I am going to have to get in there and figure it out.

#3730 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For the guys that have had this game for a couple months or more, what do you think of it? Is it still worth 10k? Are you having any thoughts of dumping it soon? How is it compared to other games you own or have owned? I must admit, I've never had such a difficult time deciding on a game before, but the price still has me held back. For some reason there is a mental threshold past 8k for me. Even if you only had it a very short time, how is the honeymoon period comparing to other games you've owned?

We offer trade ins of other coin op equipment (pinball, arcade, dart, etc), cars, motorcycle, etc if that will help with the self imposed threshold.

#3732 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Worth every cent. It will be in my home for a long time. So many features, so much fun, not enough time to discover everything it has to offer. It's a classic.

#3733 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For the guys that have had this game for a couple months or more, what do you think of it?

I previously wrote in this thread about my daughter coming home from college over Thanksgiving Break and playing it for the first time. Though I have had pinball machines in the house for ten years, it is the first that she has ventured to the rec room to play on her own. She loves it and we love playing it together when she is home as it is so much fun to play with others. (Unfortunately, my wife has no interest in anything in the basement except the treadmill and, on most days, me.) I have played it almost every day since it arrived in October and I have yet to tire of it. My "bolted to the floor games" look more likely to leave than this one.

#3734 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I own two and have been playing for about 2 months now. Still love it 100%, still barely scratched the surface. Absolutely worth it 100%.

#3735 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Game is phenomenal, has not grown old or stale in the slightest after months of ownership. I'm frightened as I only have 4 machines in my collection of which I anticipated 2 being games I could rotate out and the other 2 being permanents (WoZ and LOTR). This game is approaching "keeper" territory leaving only a single slot.

#3736 5 years ago

These last few posts have me second guessing my Munsters LE. I have the option of switching over to a Pirates and think I’m going to do it. The tides have turned and I’m jumping ship.

#3737 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm really happy I bought this game. I'm completely hooked on it and I don't foresee my interest in it going down any time soon. I always loved the rare chances I'd had to play pinball over the years and took the plunge by buying a couple machines to fulfill a bit of a little kid dream I always had. I was and still am a very, very novice player (after 2 months I finally got to a wizard mode three nights ago). I've had my POTC since early December and still play just about every day for at least an hour and my grade school kids love it and are still playing it a bunch too. I think it says something that this game has captured some of their attention away from Fortnite and Minecraft. Whether it's me having fun trying to get better at playing pinball, my kids playing to hit shots & targets and getting a little interested in the object/rules of the game, or friends & neighbors coming over and having fun just hitting the ball around without caring what they're hitting it's been a lot of fun for everyone.

In a bit over 60 days ownership (including 2 weeks vacation when it was home alone and not played), it has 611 plays on it (counting each 1 through 4 player game as one play) and we're still getting more and more into it. For me, it had in one machine a wide variety of the individual elements I liked from other machines like an upper playfield, a fun & unique shot (the cannon shot), lots of different multiballs, and many target lanes & holes (I think 13) with a deep rule set that I knew would hold my interest for a long, long time because I might not ever be able to conquer the entire game. I like a challenge (I still play golf with clubs made in 1990), and I've really loved playing this game. I haven't spent a minute wishing I'd bought one of the other games instead. But that's just me, and I'm sure different games appeal to different people for different reasons.

#3738 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

These last few posts have me second guessing my Munsters LE. I have the option of switching over to a Pirates and think I’m going to do it. The tides have turned and I’m jumping ship.

I played munsters, it’s a totally different type of game. Very shallow, kinda easy, not much flavor in the rule set. JJP blows it out of the water (pun?) in every way.

#3739 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Yah I would be making that switch for sure.

Thanks for everyone's input. I really do appreciate it. There certainly seems to be a positive consensus and there have been very few HUO sales (2 I think) and they didn't get greased too bad, it appears. My biggest concern is that 10k potentially leaves a lot to the downside if its not a game that would last long and that's why I posed the question.

#3740 5 years ago

An HUO LE just sold for $8900 within a couple days of going up for sale.

#3741 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Thanks for everyone's input. I really do appreciate it. There certainly seems to be a positive consensus and there have been very few HUO sales (2 I think) and they didn't get greased too bad, it appears. My biggest concern is that 10k potentially leaves a lot to the downside if its not a game that would last long and that's why I posed the question.

It’s totally going to retain value, especially once production halts.

#3742 5 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

What’s the price difference, like $500? And you’re getting like $5,000 of more features, integration, and code? Seems like a no brainer, Pirates all the way.

#3743 5 years ago

Well I just sent my payment into to Joe today so it will be about a week or 2 before I have mine but I don't think it will be leaving the house unless we hit some sort of massive financial crunch. Can't wait for it to arrive.

#3744 5 years ago

To add on, I'm hooked after a few weeks.

#3745 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Loosen the tortuga Tom pop (instructions elsewhere in the thread.). Aim the scoop a bit to the left and tighten down. I used a tiny bit of Loctite on the threads and it hasn’t moved back since. I set mine to fire the ball into the center of the left flipper.
It’s doing this reliably after the fix.

As long as the scoop isn't loose, I would just adjust the strength in the settings.

#3746 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Quoted from f3honda4me:

An HUO LE just sold for $8900 within a couple days of going up for sale.

I know of a few on fb and a few others just around my area that sold . All them sold for 8600- 8700. . Not to bad of a loss imo. Im actually thinking of getting one before production is over.

#3747 5 years ago

Ok with all the Good vibes I have a personal Negative vibe on Pirates! This game has Literally ruined all other games for me! Dam you Eric, Keith, Joe, and JJP team you raised the fricken bar so high I now constantly compare this game to every other I play or is released and this just makes them sad. You ruined my future of ever loving other games and I blame you for that with this amazing fricken machine! And to make matters even More difficult it turns out KingPin Chris is a beyond awesome guy and I won't ever be able to say no to him cause he's so darn nice. And don't get me started on Lloyd!!!! Ok I'm done venting I have some plundering to do!!!

#3748 5 years ago

I took the family to play Munsters last weekend hoping they would like the easy shots and rules, and hoped maybe the wife would say let’s get it. After a handful of games of Munsters pro and premium, the girls bounced around to various other pins, as I tried to get them excited about something there. My daughter and I ended up on Pirates and it was very cool watching her play. She’s 16 now but has played pinball since she was very young, and kicks my butt most of the time. What was different and awesome was that she wanted to keep playing pirates, and kept saying “Daddy let’s get this”, then Wifeypoo said “we’re gonna have to sell something to get Pirates” as she watched us play. I guess I get her point... maybe I’ll sell our arcade game haha

#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok with all the Good vibes I have a personal Negative vibe on Pirates! This game has Literally ruined all other games for me! Dam you Eric, Keith, Joe, and JJP team you raised the fricken bar so high I now constantly compare this game to every other I play or is released and this just makes them sad. You ruined my future of ever loving other games and I blame you for that with this amazing fricken machine! And to make matters even More difficult it turns out KingPin Chris is a beyond awesome guy and I won't ever be able to say no to him cause he's so darn nice. And don't get me started on Lloyd!!!! Ok I'm done venting I have some plundering to do!!!

ha, okay. let's test this out.

I would like 2 full set of ALL PotC items from your store... for free.

Just kidding. I will gladly buy them (and then you will return my money to me when you buy your next game (which you will make mods for, and that i will buy, and that you will return to me.... and so on and so on)

#3750 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I know of a few on fb and a few others just around my area that sold . All them sold for 8600- 8700. . Not to bad of a loss imo. Im actually thinking of getting one before production is over.

8600 is leaving money on the table. Game will sell in a heartbeat at 8900.

Big D jump on board. The game is loaded.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 38.00
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/75?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.