(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 377.
#3651 5 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Thanks to Chris at KingPin Games, I will be joining this club soon! Also, a big thank you to those posting on here for getting me more excited each day. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Same here talked with Chris on Saturday getting an le

#3652 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

The new WOZ Yellow Brick Road will have some problem mechs stripped out and will be super limited edition with new art at a staggering cost.

So, less for more? NO THANKS!

I was on the fence about selling my WOZECLE (w full 5V buffered kit). I would then have either bought a RR75th (2.0) or waited for the YBR edition. Sounds like I am glad that I didn't. I have just spent a few days installing a full WOZ 2.0 as I was thinking that I would be further ahead anyway, I think that was wise. I love the metallic green and the extras on it, bonus that it is a true (andJJP's first) LE.

#3653 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

So, less for more? NO THANKS!
I was on the fence about selling my WOZECLE (w full 5V buffered kit). I would then have either bought a RR75th (2.0) or waited for the YBR edition. Sounds like I am glad that I didn't. I have just spent a few days installing a full WOZ 2.0 as I was thinking that I would be further ahead anyway, I think that was wise. I love the metallic green and the extras on it, bonus that it is a true (andJJP's first) LE.

I wouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet. :p

#3654 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I wouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet. :p

This isn’t the Internet, this is Pinside!!!

oh wait...

#3655 5 years ago

I was talking to a guy yesterday who has been having problems with his WOZ doors. He says Jack called him directly to talk about his issues and they got to chatting. The new WOZ Yellow Brick Road will have some problem mechs stripped out and will be super limited edition with new art at a staggering cost.

Don't believe everything you hear , next it'll be don't believe everything you see .

#3656 5 years ago

We purchase a lot of pinballs every year for the business and this game is something special. They knocked it out of the park

#3657 5 years ago

So, fwiw i received my printed manual today that came with my CE... holy crap its nice. Full color spiral bound... screw holding my phone and fighting with it when this thing is massive.

20190211_195047 (resized).jpg20190211_195047 (resized).jpg
#3658 5 years ago

Dumb question on the manual - can it be downloaded and printed or only viewed online unless you spend $100 for a copy?

#3659 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Dumb question on the manual - can it be downloaded and printed or only viewed online unless you spend $100 for a copy?

This is from the same PDF that is available for everyone and available right in the game's setup menu for quick access. I would never spend $100 USD on it. The JJP PDF manuals are a thing of beauty. Thanks to Butch Peel!

#3660 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

This is from the same PDF that is available for everyone and available right in the game's setup menu for quick access. I would never spend $100 USD on it. The JJP PDF manuals are a thing of beauty. Thanks to Butch Peel!

Ok but can it be downloaded in printed out?

#3661 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Ok but can it be downloaded in printed out?

Yes it can.

#3662 5 years ago

What an awesome pin! Why did they stop production so abruptly?

#3663 5 years ago

Thank you.

Is that downloadable once you register your game online? I don't have my game yet (hopefully next week) but thought it would be nice to start going through the manual.

#3664 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

What an awesome pin! Why did they stop production so abruptly?

Make a new game is the rumor. They will make them again though. Just on hold for now so they can finish up the backorders of POTC first.

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Is that downloadable

jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads.

LTG : )

#3666 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads.

Thank you guess my eyes are deceiving me as I did not see that before. My apologies.

#3667 5 years ago

Anyone install cliffys yet?

#3668 5 years ago

No apology necessary. I'm just trying to help.

#3669 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Anyone install cliffys yet?

Yes. Search this thread for my posts. I recently gave Cliff some feedback on his protectors. If you get the protectors, make sure you install both the MAP and MAP2 at the map hole as the MAP protector has a tough time staying flat w/o the MAP2 protector.

The protectors take a little time to install, but worth it I think.

JJP-POTC-SET (resized).jpgJJP-POTC-SET (resized).jpg
#3670 5 years ago

I paid mine in full about a month ago on a CE... hope I get it before production stops

#3671 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Don't believe everything you hear , next it'll be don't believe everything you see .

I did just meet the guy, but people don't usually lie to me while drinking beer in my home while playing my pinballs!

#3672 5 years ago

So my auto plunge mech wasn't off again like before. My wife and my guests agree that it's like it gets tired after awhile. Is that a thing? Can the auto launch coil get "tired" after it's umpteenth multi ball?

#3673 5 years ago

I did just meet the guy, but people don't usually lie to me while drinking beer in my home while playing my pinballs!

When people drink beer and play Pinball at my house that is probably when I hear the most bullshit . I like the way WOZ is and wouldn't want it stripped down but I would be shocked if a stripped-down yellow brick road version didn't happen , if anyone wanted a new in box with a Flying Monkey I would be getting it sooner rather than later

#3674 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

this is not entirely true. while you are getting everything from the pdf, you also get the behind the scenes photos from the whitewood builds to the shows to extras not found online.

I have a hard copy of all 4 games. they are great to have around (and my brother, nephew and daughter make cameos in the different manuals)

#3675 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Problem: Chest seems to reject shots that it should have captured.
Solution: Remove the chest mech from under the playfield (5 screws.). Tighten the two screws for the fork which are likely loose. This is a common problem.

My forks have seemed a bit wobbly and rejecting more shots lately so I lifted the playfield to check it out. Looking into the fork assembly it looked like one of the two screws holding the forks is missing and when I looked down I found the screw in the bottom of the cabinet. I see it's five screws to undo to get the fork assembly off the bottom of the playfield so I can put the missing screw back in. It looks like it might to be possible to do it without disconnecting any wiring, but does anyone know if that's the case or if I have to disconnect wires to pivot the fork assembly out and replace the screw? Even though my chest isn't locking balls I'd still like to fix this issue so balls go through the chest more often instead of getting rejected by the forks and rolling back down the middle.

My unit was built in Nov. and delivered in early Dec., so I'm still running into a lot of the common list of issues. It's a testament to the game though that even with no chest lock working, switches 9, 10, and 12 out due to a broken green/brown wire, and other nuisances popping up I'm still super addicted to it after two months, and my kids are still really into it too. I still have "one more game" syndrome keeping me up and playing for extended periods every day. I love trying to hit all the different shots, challenges, and rewards this game has, and I'm usually still playing an hour after I first tell myself, "Okay, one more game".

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3676 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

My forks have seemed a bit wobbly and rejecting more shots lately so I lifted the playfield to check it out. Looking into the fork assembly it looked like one of the two screws holding the forks is missing and when I looked down I found the screw in the bottom of the cabinet. I see it's five screws to undo to get the fork assembly off the bottom of the playfield so I can put the missing screw back in. It looks like it might to be possible to do it without disconnecting any wiring, but does anyone know if that's the case or if I have to disconnect wires to pivot the fork assembly out and replace the screw? Even though my chest isn't locking balls I'd still like to fix this issue so balls go through the chest more often instead of getting rejected by the forks and rolling back down the middle.
My unit was built in Nov. and delivered in early Dec., so I'm still running into a lot of the common list of issues. It's a testament to the game though that even with no chest lock working, switches 9, 10, and 12 out due to a broken green/brown wire, and other nuisances popping up I'm still super addicted to it after two months, and my kids are still really into it too. I still have "one more game" syndrome keeping me up and playing for extended periods every day. I love trying to hit all the different shots, challenges, and rewards this game has, and I'm usually still playing an hour after I first tell myself, "Okay, one more game".

You don’t have to remove the wires to the fork mech. Just remove the five screws and then fix the two screws on the fork. I used loctite so I didn’t have to think about it a second time. This is indeed a common issue.

#3677 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

in the past week I've had several shots bounced back at me from the left orbit (yellow skull shot). I think the post at the start of that lane may be raising when it shouldn't and blocking the ball, and then retracting when it gets hit. I haven't been able to confirm it for sure because the post is blocked from view when I'm playing and I don't know it's a problem until a shot gets blocked. Anyone have anything similar to this happen?
Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

Tonight I got visual confirmation on my left orbit post question. The post is sometimes lifting up and blocking shots to the left orbit, and it's happening in single ball play even when On Stranger Tides multiball has not been qualified or played. Tonight I had a ball get blocked and it sounded like the post retracted after the block. I ducked down to see that the post was not up. About 20 seconds later with no other shots going to the upper area of the playfield, I again hit a clean shot to the left orbit that was blocked. This time I ducked down quicker just in time to see the post finish retracting as the ball rolled away from it. The post is never blocking shots coming around from the right orbit though, so it seems like the issue is that occasionally switch 77 for some reason raises the post as a ball enters the left orbit. Anyone have any ideas?

#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You don’t have to remove the wires to the fork mech. Just remove the five screws and then fix the two screws on the fork. I used loctite so I didn’t have to think about it a second time. This is indeed a common issue.

Thanks! I like the idea of using the loctite. I'm going to do that. I appreciate the help/confidence booster so I can give it a try to fix it.

#3679 5 years ago

Sorry, one more post looking for an assist. Tonight when I found the screw for the forks in the bottom of my cabinet I looked around and also found a small spring. Attached is a picture of it. Anyone have any idea as to where it might have come from?

POTC Spring (resized).jpegPOTC Spring (resized).jpeg
#3680 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Tonight I got visual confirmation on my left orbit post question. The post is sometimes lifting up and blocking shots to the left orbit, and it's happening in single ball play even when On Stranger Tides multiball has not been qualified or played. Tonight I had a ball get blocked and it sounded like the post retracted after the block. I ducked down to see that the post was not up. About 20 seconds later with no other shots going to the upper area of the playfield, I again hit a clean shot to the left orbit that was blocked. This time I ducked down quicker just in time to see the post finish retracting as the ball rolled away from it. The post is never blocking shots coming around from the right orbit though, so it seems like the issue is that occasionally switch 77 for some reason raises the post as a ball enters the left orbit. Anyone have any ideas?

I’ve seen the left post reject shots too. I think it’s intentional in certain modes?

#3681 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Sorry, one more post looking for an assist. Tonight when I found the screw for the forks in the bottom of my cabinet I looked around and also found a small spring. Attached is a picture of it. Anyone have any idea as to where it might have come from?[quoted image]

Thats a new one to me?? Looks almost like a spring from a Bic pen. lol

#3682 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve seen the left post reject shots too. I think it’s intentional in certain modes?

I've been noticing this too. Is this a bug?

#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

this is not entirely true. while you are getting everything from the pdf, you also get the behind the scenes photos from the whitewood builds to the shows to extras not found online.
I have a hard copy of all 4 games. they are great to have around (and my brother, nephew and daughter make cameos in the different manuals)

Ah, I never thought about the extras that they added. I only saw the diagram which I know is in the PDF. I stand corrected.

So next question, who is going to share 300DPI scans of the extras? PM me

#3684 5 years ago

So what's the consensus on the vuk by the pops not going diem the middle? Best settings/tweaking?

#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

received my printed manual

Yep, got mine a few days ago. I thought they were supposed to be signed or something. Oh well, guess I will have to take it to Chi Expo this year and get that taken care of!! I will be seeing you JJP crew!!!

#3686 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So what's the consensus on the vuk by the pops not going diem the middle? Best settings/tweaking?

Loosen the tortuga Tom pop (instructions elsewhere in the thread.). Aim the scoop a bit to the left and tighten down. I used a tiny bit of Loctite on the threads and it hasn’t moved back since. I set mine to fire the ball into the center of the left flipper.

It’s doing this reliably after the fix.

#3687 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes it is

#3688 5 years ago

Does anyone have the POTC topper from tilt toppers? Just curious to see how it looks with this game since the coloring is geared more towards the Stern POTC than this one.

#3689 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Does anyone have the POTC topper from tilt toppers? Just curious to see how it looks with this game since the coloring is geared more towards the Stern POTC than this one.

I have one and I think it is great, much better than the 'piece of plastic' that comes with the LE. Toppers is one area where JJP really falls short. For $9500 it could and should have been a whole lot better. My original topper is now sitting comfortably stored in the base of the game cabinet.

#3690 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I have one and I think it is great, much better than the 'piece of plastic' that comes with the LE. Toppers is one area where JJP really falls short. For $9500 it could and should have been a whole lot better. My original topper is now sitting comfortably stored in the base of the game cabinet.

Yeah I agree. I think the one on the CE is pretty awesome but not for an extra 3k. This game is already expensive enough. Rather keep that 3k and put it towards another game.

Any chance you could share a pic of your game with the topper on it, love to see how it looks.

Thanks

Greg

#3691 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

How tall is the tilt topper?

#3692 5 years ago

The left post assist comes into play when you're playing a chapter that has an upper flipper shot (map hole/loop) and no other character is lit on the left orbit.

#3693 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The left post assist comes into play when you're playing a chapter that has an upper flipper shot (map hole/loop) and no other character is lit on the left orbit.

Genius. I love this!

#3694 5 years ago

Can someone clue me in here.

X = Played the mode and didn't complete?

Check mark =Played the mode and completed?

Skull = ?????

IMG_3353 (resized).jpgIMG_3353 (resized).jpg
#3695 5 years ago

Skull means that is the next chapter you have qualified.

#3696 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can someone clue me in here.
X = Played the mode and didn't complete?
Check mark =Played the mode and completed?
Skull = ?????
[quoted image]

Skull is chapter qualified
Check is chapter complete
X is chapter wasn’t completed

#3697 5 years ago

Cool. Thanks guys.

#3698 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve had a few of the spots go flaky like this. I found twisting them a bit would resolve it for a time but do not do this! The spots are spade connectors. Pull the spot directly out and smooth the two wires that make their contacts. They are kinda like Christmas lights. Once you get the contact wires sorted and push it back into the slot it should behave.

Yeah what I found was it was hot glued in place without being properly seated. While it was a chore getting the LED back out to reseat it with all of the hot glue applied, I think I got it now...

Thanks,
Jeff

#3699 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Yeah I agree. I think the one on the CE is pretty awesome but not for an extra 3k. This game is already expensive enough. Rather keep that 3k and put it towards another game.
Any chance you could share a pic of your game with the topper on it, love to see how it looks.
Thanks
Greg

Here are a couple of pictures. I think the color of the topper goes well with the apron and map colors.

Quoted from GCS2000:

Thanks
Greg

P1060293 (resized).JPGP1060293 (resized).JPGP1060295 (resized).JPGP1060295 (resized).JPG
#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Skull means that is the next chapter you have qualified.

Now I'm confused. I thought the skull's position was based on its value for the shots of the next chapter ? the more you hit the qualifying shot the further over the skull moves? or something like that.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
30,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/74?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.