(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 378.
#3601 5 years ago

Very nice find. A remarkable coincidence of timing it seems since the problem started after your improbable chest airball hit. Next thing I was thinking was to see if the low power AC was getting there at all (J702), but it didn’t seem likely that anything like that would have changed based on what you were describing. Very nicely done, Sir

#3602 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not fully sure I understand this request. You can already set the game to randomly select a character for you in settings. (granted it doesn't seem like much work and I rather like alternate character journeys) Not with you on the random traits concept. The game would have to random custom program the rules with every play. Not sure why you would want to wonder what your characters traits are while you're playing. Again, I like that Keith designed the code so I can choose the strategy and journey I want to play. Rather genius in my book and love it.

Hi Yelobird, Currently we have to: Start the game –> press and hold the left flipper and immediately hit the right flipper 5 times quickly to get a random character.

1. The game needs a random selection (icon) next to all the other characters on the main screen. And maybe a random selection of traits (like in MarioKart GP arcade). Maybe use the spinning wheel graphic at the end of a game to randomly select your character in the beginning. With another 2nd smaller wheel in the middle of the big wheel for a 'random character trait' that would also spin with the big wheel.

2. And maybe add some 'special' hidden characters that need to be unlocked during the game (like 'Jack the Monkey' etc). These 'hidden' characters would then be added (once unlocked) to all the other characters in future games. You could also have 'hidden' unlock-able player traits. (extra tilt warning, extra playable ball, etc) And once the player hits grand master high score (or unlocks a wizard mode) he or she now becomes a 'Pirate' and can become a playable character with the pin taking a picture of the player to be use in new games. This new pirate player is now a select-able character. It would be a great way to personalize our games. Or to leave your mark on location pins.

Just some ideas to make this great pin even better!

#3604 5 years ago

I had a strange software bug today.
JJP crew you may want to look into this.

This was the first time a game was started with more than 2 players on my new pin.
We started a 4 player game.
P1 picked Davy Jones
P2 was Salazar
P3 was Will Turner
On the P4 character selection screen it showed players 2 & 3 with their selected characters. P1 was missing completely!
So P4 was able to select Davy Jones!
Once P4’s turn ended the machine changed P1 to Salazar. So then we had 2 Salazar’s instead of 2 Davy Jones’s.
Very strange.

See photos of P4 selection screen and P1/P2 as Salazar.
Also note that P1 doesn't show the text Player 1 under the character pic.

I’m on .98.
POTCLE build date 1/15/19

Nick
20190210_095303 (resized).jpg20190210_095303 (resized).jpg

20190210_095541 (resized).jpg20190210_095541 (resized).jpg20190210_095739 (resized).jpg20190210_095739 (resized).jpg
#3605 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I had a strange software bug today.
JJP crew you may want to look into this.
This was the first time a game was started with more than 2 players on my new pin.
We started a 4 player game.
P1 picked Davy Jones
P2 was Salazar
P3 was Will Turner
On the P4 character selection screen it showed players 2 & 3 with their selected characters. P1 was missing completely!
So P4 was able to select Davy Jones!
Once P4’s turn ended the machine changed P1 to Salazar. So then we had 2 Salazar’s instead of 2 Davy Jones’s.
Very strange.
See photos of P4 selection screen and P1/P2 as Salazar.
Also note that P1 doesn't show the text Player 1 under the character pic.
I’m on .98.
POTCLE build date 1/15/19
Nick
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve seen a couple of phantom Salazar’s as well, but haven’t nailed down steps to reproduce yet.

#3606 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I unplugged the big connector coming off of the transformer and found that one of the middle yellow wires pin connection was not seated into the connector very far,

That is why when I ask someone to check connectors. Look for loose connector and loose pins in connectors.

Not a rare issue.

LTG : )

#3607 5 years ago

Got my JJPOTC delivered yesterday and put my first few games on it. First impressions?

All i can say is WOW !! Absolutely amazing. Great on all fronts and worth every penny.

#3608 5 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Got my JJPOTC delivered yesterday and put my first few games on it. First impressions?
All i can say is WOW !! Absolutely amazing. Great on all fronts and worth every penny.

Yep.
I'm starting to think maybe this is the GOAT pin

#3609 5 years ago

It’s definitely in the top 3 of all time!!!

#3610 5 years ago

Yep.
I'm starting to think maybe this is the GOAT pin

Quoted from heni1977:

It’s definitely in the top 3 of all time!!!

Make sure to review it on pinside and help this game get the recognition it deserves!

#3611 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Sold my Iron Maiden LE, Love playing the Pirates.
Even better when you can play with friends and plunder them

Ha - Ditto - sold my IMLE to get my Pirates LE. Nothing wrong at all with IM - just Pirates is such a deep, fun home game I needed it as soon as I had some time on it and understood it better.

#3612 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me in which JJP post on YouTube the rules for Liars Dice is explained and, how you play it in the game when it appears on screen? My wife was well on way to a million point game when the game presented her with the opportunity to play Liars Dice. Neither of us knew what to do and thanks to my dumb advice she lost half of her accumulated score. Ouch! So, any pointers on which video it is explained in?

#3613 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Can anyone tell me in which JJP post on YouTube

Probably one of the twitch feeds.

Here is one short one -

then search on line how to play liars dice so you understand the rules.

#3614 5 years ago

Is it "normal" for the right white LED spotlight that looks towards the map disk to "flicker" and come on and off with the movement of the map? All other spotlights are solid white LED all the time but this one behaves like the connection is loose or it's tied directly to the movement of the map disk.

Jeff

#3615 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Is it "normal" for the right white LED spotlight that looks towards the map disk to "flicker" and come on and off with the movement of the map? All other spotlights are solid white LED all the time but this one behaves like the connection is loose or it's tied directly to the movement of the map disk.
Jeff

Sounds like it’s loose.

#3616 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

I’ve had a few of the spots go flaky like this. I found twisting them a bit would resolve it for a time but do not do this! The spots are spade connectors. Pull the spot directly out and smooth the two wires that make their contacts. They are kinda like Christmas lights. Once you get the contact wires sorted and push it back into the slot it should behave.

#3617 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

Not normal. Typically JJP puts a dab of silicone on the edge of the bulb so it stays in. Yours may not be seated correctly. I find with LED bulb after you pull them out I slightly bend the small wire on both sides Slightly to the sides of the bulb then push it in. This gives a better seat and more wire contact with the socket. With the shaker and the pops going off these lights tend to work themselves loose which is why I suspect JJP adds the dab of silicone. Good Luck.

#3618 5 years ago

Tech question.
On the Pearl, the left flipper does not raise like the right flipper does. Is this normal behaviour, or not. Do I need to get the pearl removed to resolve this?

It was good untill this weekend I suppose. I changed the pitch of the pearl a bit to the right to resolve the mech touching the wood in the back but making the cannon shot became way more difficult. Then I noticed.

Thanks!

28565F1D-2740-45AB-8334-6CE26ACD1428 (resized).jpeg28565F1D-2740-45AB-8334-6CE26ACD1428 (resized).jpeg
Left down, right up
4EEEF8C2-E8C8-49F4-ABB0-B5190EF10198 (resized).jpeg4EEEF8C2-E8C8-49F4-ABB0-B5190EF10198 (resized).jpeg
Left up
AD0BB003-27F7-40E5-9AE3-7EA24A5188E3 (resized).jpegAD0BB003-27F7-40E5-9AE3-7EA24A5188E3 (resized).jpeg
Left up, right down

#3619 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Tech question.
On the Pearl, the left flipper does not raise like the right flipper does. Is this normal behaviour, or not. Do I need to get the pearl removed to resolve this?
It was good untill this weekend I suppose. I changed the pitch of the pearl a bit to the right to resolve the mech touching the wood in the back but making the cannon shot became way more difficult. Then I noticed.
Thanks!
[quoted image]
Left down, right up
[quoted image]
Left up
[quoted image]
Left up, right down

Doesn't look correct from your photos? The mini flippers should act the same as any set of flippers. In the up position they should be almost parallel at the tips. Looks like your left flipper pawl loosened up and it is over traveling down to the rest position. From some previous posts I believe you can adjust this without taking the black pearl out.

#3620 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Tech question.
Thanks!
[quoted image]
Left down, right up
[quoted image]
Left up
[quoted image]
Left up, right down

I had to increase the coil strength of my left flipper by about 4 or 6 more than default to get it to work like the right. You may want to try that. Go to settings, coil strength.

#3621 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here is one short one - then search on line how to play liars dice so you understand the rules.

B36A3A95-77D5-4E57-97BB-B47740096022 (resized).pngB36A3A95-77D5-4E57-97BB-B47740096022 (resized).png
#3622 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball: maybe add some 'special' hidden characters that need to be unlocked during the game (like 'Jack the Monkey' etc).

I think it was Keith who said they couldn't even get the monkey or the dog they have their own agents ! Thank god they got Gibbs for the call outs .

#3623 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Tech question.
Thanks!
[quoted image]
Left down, right up
[quoted image]
Left up
[quoted image]
Left up, right down

I wouldn’t recommend adjusting default power to coils as the first thing you do. It’s probably a simple mechanical fix. I posted something similar on #1339. Try loosening this nut just a bit more, then reposition the flipper. Ultimately with the flipper engaged, you want the flipper to be able at the same height/angle as the other for reference. When you’re done, just re-tighten this nut on its respective flipper.

It’s normal for them to work loose over time. You don’t have to disassemble anything, you’re just re-tightening a nut after the flipper has been re-positioned. You should be able to get to either nut without removing the upper playfield.

995632BA-38AE-4196-B160-0BE4BD57CAD5 (resized).jpeg995632BA-38AE-4196-B160-0BE4BD57CAD5 (resized).jpeg
#3624 5 years ago

PinPeet , is the left flipper going up at all? Mine had intermittent power. I would flip it multiple times and sometimes it would flip full and sometimes not all the way. I agree that adjusting coil strength may not be the best first move. However, I would go to test mode, then individual coil test, then test the left upper playfield flipper. If it flips fine under coil test, then I would adjust the power. If it still does not flip, then I think you need to adjust flipper bat placement. That is how I diagnosed my problem.

#3625 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That would make no sense to get rid of the monkey. If they get rid of any toys then I think they will have a harder time selling those pins. From a business standpoint I just don’t see the logic.
If anything I’d expect the next run of WOZ to be the same as current LE/75th or better with tweaks. If it’s a lesser version then I’m out.

I was talking to a guy yesterday who has been having problems with his WOZ doors. He says Jack called him directly to talk about his issues and they got to chatting. The new WOZ Yellow Brick Road will have some problem mechs stripped out and will be super limited edition with new art at a staggering cost.

#3626 5 years ago

How would you guys rate the reliability of this game and out of box issues..?. thinking about buying one. Both my woz and di had a bunch of issues and i find it a little annoying when you take them out of the box and things dont work or are damaged

#3627 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I was talking to a guy yesterday who has been having problems with his WOZ doors. He says Jack called him directly to talk about his issues and they got to chatting. The new WOZ Yellow Brick Road will have some problem mechs stripped out and will be super limited edition with new art at a staggering cost.

I'm assuming you're being facetious, but if not, well, you should be.

#3628 5 years ago

Here is one short one - then search on line how to play liars dice so you understand the rules.
LTG

Thanks very much Lloyd. What I still do not know is how do I choose not to play Liars Dice when the game offers me the opportunity. I don't see anything in the menu that allows me to turn off the feature so do I just wait for a time out on the screen or is there a selection that I have to make (I did that and I lived to regret it).
Mike

#3629 5 years ago

Thanks for your post. I kind of knew the general rules but I did not and still do not know how to decline the opportunity to play the feature when it is offered.

#3630 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

how to decline the opportunity to play

I believe it's the beginning of liars dice and options to walk away.

#3631 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks Lloyd. That was helpful but I want to know is what to do in order to not even play Liars Dice when its' offered. In other words, don't gamble. I don't see an option to turn the feature off in the menu. Does the screen simply time out when no action is taken? Again, thanks for your reply.

#3632 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

How would you guys rate the reliability of this game and out of box issues

I would say that they are small issues. The biggest one would be having to remove the BP and fix something under it or in the chapter start area. They have fixed the issue with the wires breaking under the BP for bonus x switches. With the experiance you have from previous JJP pins you should be fine. Don't pass this pin up, I think it's the best to date from JJP!!!

Quoted from arcadem:

Does the screen simply time out when no action is taken?

It will simply put the ball back in play after waiting for a length of time.
See post just above your last.

#3633 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Thanks Lloyd. That was helpful but I want to know is what to do in order to not even play Liars Dice when its' offered. In other words, don't gamble. I don't see an option to turn the feature off in the menu. Does the screen simply time out when no action is taken? Again, thanks for your reply.

When liar's dice comes up, just choose "walk away".

#3634 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

When liar's dice comes up, just choose "walk away".

I don't remember seeing that 'on screen' but if we ever get that far again, we will look for it. Thanks.

#3635 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I would say that they are small issues. The biggest one would be having to remove the BP and fix something under it or in the chapter start area. They have fixed the issue with the wires breaking under the BP for bonus x switches. With the experiance you have from previous JJP pins you should be fine. Don't pass this pin up, I think it's the best to date from JJP!!!

It will simply put the ball back in play after waiting for a length of time.
See post just above your last.

OK. Thanks.

#3636 5 years ago

In regards to Liar's dice. you can hit the action button to change what your lane award is. When I don't feel like playing it, or if there is something else I need or would rather have, I change it. Roll over all lanes and hit the Pirate award switch next to the right chest lock target. Bing! there you go.

#3637 5 years ago

Ones aren't wild in our game, though!

Yes, Walk Away means "I don't want to play."

#3638 5 years ago

Liars dice is awesome. Just learn how to play!

#3639 5 years ago

I had another strange software bug come up today. During the game the main monitor went all black but this was not because it lost signal. The floating scores on the bottom were still coming up. A black screen with numbers coming up. And the LCD in the apron was still functioning just fine. I cradled the ball so that I could get my phone and take a picture of it and in that amount of time the screen returned to normal.
Anyone else see this?

Nick

#3640 5 years ago

I had another strange software bug come up today. During the game the main monitor went all black but this was not because it lost signal. The floating scores on the bottom were still coming up. A black screen with numbers coming up. And the LCD in the apron was still functioning just fine. I cradled the ball so that I could get my phone and take a picture of it and in that amount of time the screen returned to normal.
Anyone else see this?
Nick

Still don't personally think this is a software bug at this point. I suspect you have a connection or CPU issue somewhere. Especially since it's primarily happening only to the main monitor. Have you tried reseating Every connector and checking pins? Just a thought as I'm not sure it would help but I would consider reloading the software as it may be corrupted?

#3641 5 years ago

Thanks to Chris at KingPin Games, I will be joining this club soon! Also, a big thank you to those posting on here for getting me more excited each day. I'm really looking forward to this one!

#3642 5 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Thanks to Chris at KingPin Games, I will be joining this club soon! Also, a big thank you to those posting on here for getting me more excited each day. I'm really looking forward to this one!

Great choice in distributor.

#3643 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Great choice in distributor.

Agree on That! Chris is an A+ Pirate and the buying experience was Beyond smooth! One of the good guys for sure!

#3644 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Still don't personally think this is a software bug at this point. I suspect you have a connection or CPU issue somewhere. Especially since it's primarily happening only to the main monitor. Have you tried reseating Every connector and checking pins? Just a thought as I'm not sure it would help but I would consider reloading the software as it may be corrupted?

I appreciate the input. Respectfully I have to disagree with you. There's no way it could be a connection issue when there are still floating scores showing up on the main monitor. If both screens were completely blank then yes definitely a possible connection issue. This could be a possible OS corruption issue maybe. I talked with Lloyd today and sent an email to Keith. If there's anything to pass on I will post it here.
I'm considering doing a full install.
Nick

#3645 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not possible. Floating scores wouldn't be showing up. Has to be software related.

#3646 5 years ago

Third time I've had people over and the auto plunger starts messing up. I'm about ready to try sending the whole mech back to JJ and asking for another one.

Going to tighten the hell out of it tomorrow and hope I don't hurt the wood.

#3647 5 years ago

Third time I've had people over and the auto plunger starts messing up. I'm about ready to try sending the whole mech back to JJ and asking for another one.
Going to tighten the hell out of it tomorrow and hope I don't hurt the wood.

Is it contacting the manual plunger?

#3648 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is it contacting the manual plunger?

No, from what I can tell, the whole mech twists under the cabinet. Whenever I loosen the screws, twist it counter clockwise as far as it will go, then tighten it, it plunges much better. The teeth on the mech are situated correctly. After about 15 multi ball heavy games though, I'm finding I have to do it again. I'm worried I'll damage the wood if I tighten them much more.

#3649 5 years ago

I appreciate the input. Respectfully I have to disagree with you. There's no way it could be a connection issue when there are still floating scores showing up on the main monitor. If both screens were completely blank then yes definitely a possible connection issue. This could be a possible OS corruption issue maybe. I talked with Lloyd today and sent an email to Keith. If there's anything to pass on I will post it here.
I'm considering doing a full install.
Nick

No issues just trying to provide feedback. I typically don't side with software bugs when its an Individual case. More times then not its a bad software install or electrical issue. Hope you find your solution so you can get back to enjoying the game!!

#3650 5 years ago

No, from what I can tell, the whole mech twists under the cabinet. Whenever I loosen the screws, twist it counter clockwise as far as it will go, then tighten it, it plunges much better. The teeth on the mech are situated correctly. After about 15 multi ball heavy games though, I'm finding I have to do it again. I'm worried I'll damage the wood if I tighten them much more.

I had a similar problem and I was going nuts trying to adjust the auto plunger. It turned out to be one of the chrome rails that had a bump/sharp bend close to the auto plunger. I took out the ramp and straightened the rails and it has been perfect ever since. Lifting the playfield you can look straight down the rails. Hope it helps.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.