(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 378.
#3551 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

If you read it on the internet then it must be true, right?

You would know more than me so I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's true or not

#3552 5 years ago

No more pirates. No woz monkey. JJP really is making it hard for me to save $ past the stern pro price point. Hopefully Steve ritchies next game delivers...maybe we get Lyman with it

#3553 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

No more pirates. No woz monkey. JJP really is making it hard for me to save $ past the stern pro price point. Hopefully Steve ritchies next game delivers...maybe we get Lyman with it

Wait and see what wonka is like .

#3554 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Wait and see what wonka is like .

Theme does close to nothing for me. But ill have an open mind.

#3555 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t think they are never making POTC again. Just stopping for now for next game. And WOZ let’s not jump to rumor as fact on the monkey. :p

#3556 5 years ago

My guess it that they are holding production on all the games for the new reveal. They understand that people want their games immediately after the reveal to keep up the hype.

Based on the quality of the JJP games and flexibility of a small factory, they can do small runs of all games in the future.

#3557 5 years ago

FYI: for random character hold left flipper and flip right 5 times quickly

#3558 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I don’t think they are never making POTC again. Just stopping for now for next game. And WOZ let’s not jump to rumor as fact on the monkey. :p

It wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t make anymore though.
Disney of all companies I would assume would put a specified length of time on using the assets. I think this is even more plausible now that they want nothing to do with Johnny D after he was given the boot from the franchise.

We will see I guess, if you want a great game I wouldn’t wait!

#3559 5 years ago

All I know is I'm super pumped about Eric's next game as both Wonka and Toy Story seem like great pinball themes. I just love all the creativity shown in POTC even if some of it didn't make production. I have a feeling game two is going to be a masterpiece (not saying pirates isn't, haven't played it).

#3560 5 years ago

Pinside newbie here. I hope to soon be part of the owners club. Has anybody received their POTC from thepinballcompany recently? I paid by deposit late last year. Still waiting for the reminder of my payment to taken. However, with the recent talk of POTC halting production, at least for awhile, should I be worried that I might have a much longer wait?

#3561 5 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Pinside newbie here. I hope to soon be part of the owners club. Has anybody received their POTC from thepinballcompany recently? I paid by deposit late last year. Still waiting for the reminder of my payment to taken. However, with the recent talk of POTC halting production, at least for awhile, should I be worried that I might have a much longer wait?

Have you considered just giving them a call to ask for a status update seeing as they have you money? They are usually pretty quick on the phone. Worst case last I checked KingPin Games and Flippen Out Pinball both had stock for immediate delivery so not sure why you would still be waiting?

#3562 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have you considered just giving them a call to ask for a status update seeing as they have you money? They are usually pretty quick on the phone. Worst case last I checked KingPin Games and Flippen Out Pinball both had stock for immediate delivery so not sure why you would still be waiting?

At first I was told end of the month (jan). Then I was told maybe 1 or 2 more weeks. Then after reading about the possible end of the production run....I just wanted to see what others have experienced with thepinballcompany so that I could compare what others have been told or experienced with what they would tell me. I intend to call by end of next week. I also didn't know if things like this were the norm for buying pinball machines.

#3563 5 years ago

Looks like (ex) Green Bay Packers head coach is a pinball fan! Nice choices there coach.

20190209_131018 (resized).jpg20190209_131018 (resized).jpg
#3564 5 years ago

Cool! Even as I Lions fan I can appreciate that! Was Mike at your store?

#3565 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Cool! Even as I Lions fan I can appreciate that! Was Mike at your store?

No, he called and we discussed different games. This is what he decided on.

#3566 5 years ago

No, he called and we discussed different games. This is what he decided on.

So even thought he's a Packer he's pretty smart!! lol

#3567 5 years ago

Looks like (ex) Green Bay Packers head coach is a pinball fan! Nice choices there coach.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the pic from? We are looking at buying a home in Green Bay and went to two of them that were two houses down on either side of McCarthy ‘s house haha.

#3568 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Where did you get the pic from? We are looking at buying a home in Green Bay and went to two of them that were two houses down on either side of McCarthy ‘s house haha.

I took the picture when I delivered the game

#3569 5 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

At first I was told end of the month (jan). Then I was told maybe 1 or 2 more weeks. Then after reading about the possible end of the production run....I just wanted to see what others have experienced with thepinballcompany so that I could compare what others have been told or experienced with what they would tell me. I intend to call by end of next week. I also didn't know if things like this were the norm for buying pinball machines.

I was told the exact same thing from a vendor in the neighboring state next to those guys. I was thinking they forgot to order it when i put my deposit down. But exact same timelines you mention

#3570 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Nothing yet. Plays fantastic! Such a beautiful machine!
After only the 2nd game I was in the menu and both screens lost signal. They didn't return. Had to power off. Same exact thing happened on day one with my DILE also. Strang JJP bug? Hopefully it doesn't return.
The way the ball falls off the side of the black pearl seems really odd to me. Sounds like it's hitting the cabinet side. Funny how I hadn't noticed this on the 2 games I had played before buying. Obviously this is supposed to happen, just odd IMO.

FWIW, the exact same thing happened to me. 1st or 2nd game, the screens died and I had to reboot. Nearly 100 games later, it has not reoccurred, nor have I experienced any other glitches.

(and yes, falling off the ship has a nice *thonk* sound when it hits the cabinet.)

#3571 5 years ago

Just added a subwoofer to my game and what a difference! Sounds awesome. With out a doubt worth every penny.

#3572 5 years ago

Just confirming something please ... purchasing a used JJP POTC there is no warranty is that correct?

Nevermind found my own answer
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/jjp_warranty-updated.pdf

#3573 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Just confirming something please ... purchasing a used JJP POTC there is no warranty is that correct?

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/jjp_warranty-updated.pdf

Seems to be original purchaser only.

#3574 5 years ago

I took the picture when I delivered the game

Packers coach didn't get the LE mbr? Cmon now son!

#3575 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Packers coach didn't get the LE mbr? Cmon now son!

Didn't want to wait. Special was in stock.

#3576 5 years ago

I found a unrecoverable ball search. An airball few into the chest and it couldn't find it and would not release any during ball searches. Turn the game off then back on. It ran another ball search with 3 balls in the chest and couldn't find them. Has anyone else seen this happen before?

20190209_220559 (resized).jpg20190209_220559 (resized).jpg
#3577 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I found a unrecoverable ball search. An airball few into the chest and it couldn't find it and would not release any during ball searches. Turn the game off then back on. It ran another ball search with 3 balls in the chest and couldn't find them. Has anyone else seen this happen before?
[quoted image]

By coincidence (I guess) the chest stopped releasing ball's. Next game after removing the balls from the chest, it would not release for chest multiball. Now I gotta figure out this one.

#3578 5 years ago

None of the 20v coils work now. Great.

#3579 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

None of the 20v coils work now. Great.

Dumb question, is the coin door open?

#3581 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Dumb question, is the coin door open?

Nope, closed it when I tested each coil.

These 3 red fuse lights probably mean that they are blown. ? The ball searches blew them out? Not funny that my wife wants a replacement pin. Lots of issues with this one.

20190209_224340 (resized).jpg20190209_224340 (resized).jpg
#3582 5 years ago

Red led means the fuse is probably good.

#3583 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Red led means the fuse is probably good.

Closed the coin door (ironic with the last post) and all but a different 3 light up.

20190209_225326 (resized).jpg20190209_225326 (resized).jpg
#3584 5 years ago

F703 and F710 check - those are the two involved with the 20v plum color group

#3586 5 years ago

Which 3 are dark ?

F703, F710, F711

#3587 5 years ago

703 oversees 710 and 711 IIRC. If 703 is blown you won’t get red LEDs on 710 or 711 even if 710 and 711 are still good fuses

#3588 5 years ago

Don’t trust the LEDs pull the fuses w game off and check them start with 703

#3589 5 years ago

I check all 3 and they all have continuity. Pic is of the 703 fuse. Anything else I can check?

20190209_230606 (resized).jpg20190209_230606 (resized).jpg
#3590 5 years ago

Jumping the 703 fuse with the volt meter leads, I get no DC voltage.

#3591 5 years ago

And the fuse in 703 reads good outside the fuse Holder?

#3592 5 years ago

And the fuse in 703 reads good outside the fuse Holder?

Yes, via the Ohm meter

#3593 5 years ago

The light for F712 is out also. That fuse checks okay with the Ohm meter also.

#3594 5 years ago

Yeah 703 oversees (if you will) 712 also. That’s the other 20v dc line although on pirates that one is only used for one thing and the blue group isn’t used at all. But the connectors at J110 and J112 pin 1 should be sending the 20vdc out to the playfield.

#3595 5 years ago

Yeah 703 oversees (if you will) 712 also. That’s the other 20v dc line although on pirates that one is only used for one thing and the blue group isn’t used at all. But the connectors at J110 and J112 pin 1 should be sending the 20vdc out to the playfield.

I'll go out tomorrow and buy a fuse for 703 anyhow, just to say that I tried it. No voltage when I use the meter leads on each side of the fuse to jump it. I'll add it to my list for Steve, Butch, and LTG.

#3596 5 years ago

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean
GameBlades™ designed by Tilt Graphics Inc.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jjp-potc

PLEASE TAKE 2 MINUTES TO READ THE INSTALL AND CARE SHEET THAT SHIPS WITH EACH GAMEBLADE!

50622455_2160172237336608_2638011506393874432_n (resized).jpg50622455_2160172237336608_2638011506393874432_n (resized).jpg

#3597 5 years ago

Okay … for anyone interested in my issue that was discussed for quite a few consecutive posts going back with @pinballomatic, here is the conclusion to that issue. I went to 3 different hardware stores and no 6.3 amp fuses, closest I could find was 6.0 amp quick blow fuse. Figured that would be close enough at least for me to prove that the old fuse was fine. Installed the new fuse, same issue for no 20v power. The wiring diagram in the manual shows nothing between fuse 703 and the transformer. I inspected all of the wire and it looked fine. Wiggled the wire connector and wires on the board and it was fine. Started wiggling the wires down at the transformer and connector down there and initially nothing happened. But then all of a sudden the red lights turned on with a flash and faded out and this was occasionally repeatable. Switched to the original fuse, same thing happened. I unplugged the big connector coming off of the transformer and found that one of the middle yellow wires pin connection was not seated into the connector very far, causing a likely intermittent connection. (Previously to this I had moved that wire to troubleshoot a headphone harness issue, but never pulled on it.) It took a bit of effort with the wire buckling, but I got that pin back in there and felt it click. The other wires were then buckling a bit because they were tie wrapped that way. A little straightening of the wires for the tie wraps was needed. I put the connectors back together, turned on the power, and all looks okay now. So this is an experience to note in case you run into something similar. Also note that the 6.3 amp fuses are not readily available at your local hardware. I'm going to order a few if/when I find them online, just in case. Guessing some of the other JJP pins use the same fuse for other things as well.

20190210_112823 (resized).jpg20190210_112823 (resized).jpg

20v_PowerIssue (resized).JPG20v_PowerIssue (resized).JPG
#3598 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing your fix! Glad you’re pirating again, yarrr!

#3599 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Okay … for anyone interested in my issue that was discussed for quite a few consecutive posts going back with pinballomatic, here is the conclusion to that issue. I went to 3 different hardware stores and no 6.3 amp fuses, closest I could find was 6.0 amp quick blow fuse. Figured that would be close enough at least for me to prove that the old fuse was fine. Installed the new fuse, same issue for no 20v power. The wiring diagram in the manual shows nothing between fuse 703 and the transformer. I inspected all of the wire and it looked fine. Wiggled the wire connector and wires on the board and it was fine. Started wiggling the wires down at the transformer and connector down there and initially nothing happened. But then all of a sudden the red lights turned on with a flash and faded out and this was occasionally repeatable. Switched to the original fuse, same thing happened. I unplugged the big connector coming off of the transformer and found that one of the middle yellow wires pin connection was not seated into the connector very far, causing a likely intermittent connection. (Previously to this I had moved that wire to troubleshoot a headphone harness issue, but never pulled on it.) It took a bit of effort with the wire buckling, but I got that pin back in there and felt it click. The other wires were then buckling a bit because they were tie wrapped that way. A little straightening of the wires for the tie wraps was needed. I put the connectors back together, turned on the power, and all looks okay now. So this is an experience to note in case you run into something similar. Also note that the 6.3 amp fuses are not readily available at your local hardware. I'm going to order a few if/when I find them online, just in case. Guessing some of the other JJP pins use the same fuse for other things as well.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Good catch thanks for sharing your investigative solution. Pinball can be a love/hate proposition at times with troubleshooting and issues. Always appreciate when people share their solution as it Really helps others find the correct path. Otherwise you spend your Sunday evening on the phone with Lloyd poking and prodding your machine lol. Actually a fun option also...

#3600 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not fully sure I understand this request. You can already set the game to randomly select a character for you in settings. (granted it doesn't seem like much work and I rather like alternate character journeys) Not with you on the random traits concept. The game would have to random custom program the rules with every play. Not sure why you would want to wonder what your characters traits are while you're playing. Again, I like that Keith designed the code so I can choose the strategy and journey I want to play. Rather genius in my book and love it.

Per Eric> To do random select: Start the game – press and hold the left flipper and immediately hit the right flipper 5 times quickly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/72?hl=wudchopper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.