(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 378.
#3501 5 years ago

Topper update...

20190208_144246 (resized).jpg20190208_144246 (resized).jpg20190208_144337 (resized).jpg20190208_144337 (resized).jpg
#3502 5 years ago

I commend your creativity but, sorry, it doesn't do it for me

#3503 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i agree with you on this. some of the characters could definitely use another round of balancing. having a ball save with swan would be a great choice for single player games and wouldn't be too overpowered in competitive play.
the real elephant in the room is blackbeard IMO. in the hands of a decent player he's far-and-away the best choice for going for high scores. probably a game breaking choice in a tournament. i have a feeling his ball save timer will be toned down a bit if the other characters don’t get some significant buffs or have their negative traits removed.

Another idea is to make an option for random selection of your character before the game starts and maybe a random selection of traits (like in MarioKart GP arcade). Use the spinning wheel graphic at the end of a game to randomly select your character in the beginning.

Also add some hidden 'special' characters that need to be unlocked during the game. (like in Mario Smash Bros).

-Dan

#3504 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Another idea is to make an option for random selection of your character before the game starts and maybe a random selection of traits (like in MarioKart GP arcade). Use the spinning wheel graphic at the end of a game to randomly select your character in the beginning.
Also add some hidden 'special' characters that need to be unlocked during the game. (like in Mario Smash Bros).
-Dan

I did see a menu option for a forced random character selection at the start of the game. Probably intended for competition.

#3505 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I commend your creativity but, sorry, it doesn't do it for me

It's the old McKee topper I had from my old Stern POTC. I thought I'd give it a shot. The one thing I like is it's not so bright (for where my game is). But, I like the factory topper just fine too.

Brian

#3506 5 years ago

I really like the tilt toppers one just trying to decide if I want to cough up even more cash for this thing

#3507 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like you have some minor adjustments to make but I applaud your commitment in trying to learn as you go. Most side with giving up to complain. As your not all that far from me feel free to reach out if I can be of assistance. Once you get this pin dialed in you will enjoy every minute. Congrats neighbor.

Thank you! Yep, even without the chest lock working for me from day 1 and the left load cannon switch now out it's still playable and a ton of fun to play. Once I get those resolved it should be really great again. I've seen your posts with the mods available for the game and they look great. I didn't realize your location until seeing your message. I appreciate the offer. Once I get the chest lock and broken wire issues fixed the next step might be looking into getting that cannon mod

#3508 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Don't be too concerned about removing the ship. It's in there tight, but with a bit of jigging around, it can be done - see LTG's previous post on page 64 of this thread.
For me, putting it back in place was more difficult. What seemed to work best was pushing the front end just under the ramp first, and then wiggling it around until the bracket with the 'male' end engaged with the 'female' bracket standup thingy on the playfield. It was easy to see when it had engaged, as the ship pivoted left and right in a controlled way when I moved it with my hand. Then it was just a case of putting the allen-type screw back in on the back of the ship, and the washer/pin behind the playfield.
I'll be better at it next time (although I'm hoping nothing else will go wrong under there), and there will be less swearing/sweating.
Addition: while you've got the ship off, I suggest you check whether the wiring loom is too tight. Mine was, and I snipped a couple of wire-ties to loosen it. Hopefully the wires won't get in the path of the ball when it enters the lanes below the ship, but I'll post here if that happens. Best of luck!

Thanks! I'm going to do a test run getting the ship in and out using that guidance, then I'll work up the nerve to attack the wiring. I appreciate the help.

#3509 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

1st question - Yes - You need to loosen that nut and slide the habitrail over a bit. Try metric sockets maybe? Otherwise a small crescent wrench.
2nd question - I think this is designed in some mode. The post pops up to deflect the ball back to the upper left flipper.

I got a small crescent wrench and was able to make it work. Thanks for the tip!!!

#3510 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The one thing that gets me with some regularity is when a ball travels back up the left in-lane, hits the gate and goes under it. I don't think there is a mechanical fix but it would be cool if the software recognized that neither of the in-lane switches above were triggered and gave your ball back. Even if only in single ball play.

... And you'd detect this... How?

#3511 5 years ago

Pirate club ??? I heard JJP stopped production on the game ? Has anyone else hear this ?!! Something to do with
The rights ? Lets just say it was s little birdie that’s all I heard ???

#3512 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Pirate club ??? I heard JJP stopped production on the game ? Has anyone else hear this ?!! Something to do with

I certainly hope this is a false rumor. I’m a huge fan of this game and want to see it very successful for them.

#3513 5 years ago

I was shocked to hear it ? I love my pirates .

145C74EA-3BD2-4ECE-A5C5-E1CDA00AD09A (resized).jpeg145C74EA-3BD2-4ECE-A5C5-E1CDA00AD09A (resized).jpeg
#3514 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

First I had heard that...hope it’s not true. They said they only had a handful of DIs left and no other titles in stock currently. Everyone assumed/hoped they were working on starting the next title. Would certainly put a premium on the ones in the wild.

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

First I had heard that...hope it’s not true. They said they only had a handful of DIs left and no other titles in stock currently. Everyone assumed/hoped they were working on starting the next title. Would certainly put a premium on the ones in the wild.

Because there are so few on location I feel like people haven’t even gotten to experience how great it is yet.

#3516 5 years ago

It’s s great game, I don’t think that’s the issue. Not trying to start a rumor just curious if there’s any truth to it. Who knows a CE could be the next TBL ?
25K !!!

#3517 5 years ago

On a different note, I know we debate whether or not the top 100 really is worthwhile...but...I have not played Iron Maiden that much as I just can’t get past the theme. People really seem to like it. For those that do like it, do you think it really should be rated better than Pirates? Just curious. For me Pirates is still my #1 followed very close by The Hobbit. It just matches what I like in pinball.

#3518 5 years ago

On a different note, I know we debate whether or not the top 100 really is worthwhile...but...I have not played Iron Maiden that much as I just can’t get past the theme. People really seem to like it. For those that do like it, do you think it really should be rated better than Pirates? Just curious. For me Pirates is still my #1 followed very close by The Hobbit. It just matches what I like in pinball.

IM is nowhere near pirates. Pirates is way better.

#3519 5 years ago

LE #1000 joined the gameroom lineup today!
I'm ecstatic! What a fantastic game.

Nick

20190208_200711 (resized).jpg20190208_200711 (resized).jpg
#3520 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

LE #1000 joined the gameroom lineup today!
I'm ecstatic! What a fantastic game.
Nick
[quoted image]

Congratulations and welcome to the club! Did you have to adjust anything? (Pearl ramp?)

#3521 5 years ago

Nothing yet. Plays fantastic! Such a beautiful machine!

After only the 2nd game I was in the menu and both screens lost signal. They didn't return. Had to power off. Same exact thing happened on day one with my DILE also. Strang JJP bug? Hopefully it doesn't return.

The way the ball falls off the side of the black pearl seems really odd to me. Sounds like it's hitting the cabinet side. Funny how I hadn't noticed this on the 2 games I had played before buying. Obviously this is supposed to happen, just odd IMO.

#3522 5 years ago

I own IMDN. Pirates is much better. Pirates is the best pin ever made IMO. Hope to own one someday.

#3523 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I own IMDN. Pirates is much better. Pirates is the best pin ever made IMO. Hope to own one someday.

I also own a IMDN. Love it. A lot. But, Pirates is just on a different level. Won't stop me from buying a Stern in the future... But, I feel like there's more "heart" than "bean counters" in a JJP title now days...

#3524 5 years ago

Sold my Iron Maiden LE, Love playing the Pirates.
Even better when you can play with friends and plunder them

#3525 5 years ago

So I could use a little help. I preface this with the fact I am not very good at fixing things....like ever. The game said to run a test report and I got these two messages. Not sure what to do about them. I assume red is bad. Game seems to be playing fine but I haven’t played it enough to know if something is wrong/not working properly. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

72D9AB5F-B29C-4540-9299-4D33FFA030F7 (resized).jpeg72D9AB5F-B29C-4540-9299-4D33FFA030F7 (resized).jpegC3002F61-ACCB-4223-B1CB-7BBAF3EF7385 (resized).jpegC3002F61-ACCB-4223-B1CB-7BBAF3EF7385 (resized).jpeg
#3526 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Not sure what to do about them.

Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Test them with your finger. Upper slingshot needs adjusting if the leaf blade switch is stuck closed. And if the front longer one is too tall, you might trip it down a little. 48 likely hasn't had a ball go by it. 37 if it doesn't work in test, you likely have a broken wire below the pirate ship playfield.

LTG : )

#3527 5 years ago

For 48 target ship hit, the actual microswitch itself is down on the bottom of the back side of the back panel but you don’t even need to pull the playfield forward to see if it works. Just grab the bow of the dauntless (the target ship) and move it from right to left and back again while in matrix switch test. When you move the target ship left the switch should close and when you move it back to the right (to it’s resting position), the switch should reopen again.

#3528 5 years ago

I am fighting to settle the ball release from the chest. in mechanical adjustment and parameter.
but nothing makes it.
if I put too much time, he sometimes drops 2 balls instead of one.
if I do not put enough time, the ball does not fall.
I therefore clamped the coil so that it is hardly activated, it drops but it does not work well.
did anyone have this problem?
I am waiting for the return of the support jjp.

I found the best setting that works with 1, and 2 balls.
but when there are 3 balls, the first ball falls after 10 shots.

it looks like the trunk does not have enough slope.

sorry my english

https://www.amazon.fr/clouddrive/share/VhvvZwZ1HR5JoC4oFnwx00QyoMSz6DmRkro9AdbM2Ia

#3529 5 years ago

I have a maiden LE and i will tell you that I was never really a maiden fan. That being said maiden is a great game, and i know the songs I like and the songs I hate. Pirates and maiden are my top two. The other games i own are missing my love.

#3530 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Thank you! Yep, even without the chest lock working for me from day 1 and the left load cannon switch now out it's still playable and a ton of fun to play. Once I get those resolved it should be really great again. I've seen your posts with the mods available for the game and they look great. I didn't realize your location until seeing your message. I appreciate the offer. Once I get the chest lock and broken wire issues fixed the next step might be looking into getting that cannon mod

Glad to hear your getting things in order! Do note my offer to help if you had any issues with the fixes or game never mind meeting local enthusiasts. Never any intention to solicit any mod sales just an offer to help a local with an Awesome game. Congrats again!

#3531 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

-Dan

Not fully sure I understand this request. You can already set the game to randomly select a character for you in settings. (granted it doesn't seem like much work and I rather like alternate character journeys) Not with you on the random traits concept. The game would have to random custom program the rules with every play. Not sure why you would want to wonder what your characters traits are while you're playing. Again, I like that Keith designed the code so I can choose the strategy and journey I want to play. Rather genius in my book and love it.

#3532 5 years ago

Isn't there a flipper code to randomly select a character. I think it's hit one flipper quickly 5 times or something like that?

#3533 5 years ago

I've noticed that when I drain sometimes At World's End multiball will automatically qualify. Just tonight, on a drain, the machine considered 2 additional shots made, and the multiball was qualified. At the same time, I can naturally qualify it. Anyone else notice this? Error on my machine, software feature, software error, ...?

#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Didn't Jack say production was stopping soon?

But everyone presumed it was to get a new game on the line.

Maybe the licence has run out?

#3535 5 years ago

I heard it's going to be the last wide body game they make due to the cost of filling it up with all the goodies

#3536 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I hope this isnt true been thinking about picking one up. Can anyone confirm this?

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Isn't there a flipper code to randomly select a character. I think it's hit one flipper quickly 5 times or something like that?

I heard this too. Can someone confirm and let us know exactly what it is?

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I hope this isnt true been thinking about picking one up. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes, after distributors orders ate fulfilled production will be put on hold. Another woz run, and then onto game 5. At this time we are not being when or if another pirates run will happen. It has nothing to do with rights though.

Call your favorite distributor to get one.

Personally I have the following left (still to be built)

3 standard
2 limited
2 collectors

#3539 5 years ago

Thanks chris might have to hit ya up on one of those le

#3540 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

... And you'd detect this... How?

Hi Keith. Yes, good point!

Thinking out loud... and to share my silliness...

There would have had to been a switch to the right of the gate or the gate would have to be a switch itself to first be registered, to know that either of the 2 left side in-lane switches were not triggered, otherwise a ball drain through the left of the gate is no different than a SDTM drain. Never mind... just passing through

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Another woz run,

I read somewhere it's going to be a yellow brick road version stripped down no flying monkey

#3542 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I read somewhere it's going to be a yellow brick road version stripped down no flying monkey

That sucks. What do they have against the monkey? I thought he was pretty cool.

#3543 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That sucks. What do they have against the monkey? I thought he was pretty cool.

The monkey is cool although I did have a few issues with him on my ruby red

#3544 5 years ago

That would make no sense to get rid of the monkey. If they get rid of any toys then I think they will have a harder time selling those pins. From a business standpoint I just don’t see the logic.

If anything I’d expect the next run of WOZ to be the same as current LE/75th or better with tweaks. If it’s a lesser version then I’m out.

#3545 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That would make no sense to get rid of the monkey. If they get rid of any toys then I think they will have a harder time selling those pins. From a business standpoint I just don’t see the logic.
If anything I’d expect the next run of WOZ to be the same as current LE/75th or better with tweaks. If it’s a lesser version then I’m out.

I think they're using up all of their spare parts to make one last run

#3546 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

If you read it on the internet then it must be true, right?

#3547 5 years ago

If you read it on the internet then it must be true, right?

I heard Eric is held up in the factory refusing to let any of his beautiful Pirates games out the door frantically screaming “My Precioussssss”. All mine!

#3548 5 years ago

Yes, after distributors orders ate fulfilled production will be put on hold. Another woz run, and then onto game 5. At this time we are not being when or if another pirates run will happen. It has nothing to do with rights though.
Call your favorite distributor to get one.
Personally I have the following left (still to be built)
3 standard
2 limited
2 collectors

Why such a short run? WOZ running for years POTC for a few months?

#3549 5 years ago

No monkey in WoZ would be a shame. Through the pops to the monkey is one of the more satisfying shots in the game.

#3550 5 years ago

Disappointing to hear guess I am glad I got my deposit in this week.

Although I would sure prefer an LE at a cheaper price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/71?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.