(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 378.
#3451 5 years ago

Rule suggestion: Governor Swan is useless in single player games and not a terribly compelling choice in multiplayer (IMHO). To make him a viable choice, in addition to his prevent plundering "power", perhaps also add that you start the game with a ball saver? It fits the theme of him "being a protector".

#3452 5 years ago

Anyone else been playing the Adm Cutler Beckett character regularly? I've only been playing Pirates on route so far, but I really like being able to collect all the gold each time with just a single hit of the action button. I need both hands on the flippers as much as possible with this game!

#3453 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Rule suggestion: Governor Swan is useless in single player games and not a terribly compelling choice in multiplayer (IMHO). To make him a viable choice, in addition to his prevent plundering "power", perhaps also add that you start the game with a ball saver? It fits the theme of him "being a protector".

I disagree. In multiplayer games when you are the better player, this can be a huge advantage.

#3454 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Negative. The game number has nothing to do with production numbers.

There is a blue number stamped on the playfield that Jack told me was in consecutive order. Mine was playfield #0682 built on 1/15/19. Not sure if the CE's are included in that sequence or not. For DI, all 3 models still were numbered in order of production per Jack (same playfield).

#3455 5 years ago

Permission to come aboard....
I just put a deposit down for a PoTC LE. Very excited!

#3456 5 years ago

I had 4 wizard modes lit and make it through 3. man this Game is too hard. Hope they will make it more adjustable to get it a Bit easier

And fix the chest multiball please. It’s the easiest to get and it sucks when you can’t get it anymore....

D29B2B6B-2550-47F2-8589-52E785C01CB8 (resized).jpegD29B2B6B-2550-47F2-8589-52E785C01CB8 (resized).jpeg
#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I had 4 wizard modes lit and make it through 3. man this Game is too hard. Hope they will make it more adjustable to get it a Bit easier
And fix the chest multiball please. It’s the easiest to get and it sucks when you can’t get it anymore....
[quoted image]

I have yet to see a problem with chest multiball. It seems to do the right thing for me?

#3458 5 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

Permission to come aboard....
I just put a deposit down for a PoTC LE. Very excited!

Congrats ye scarvy dog! Good choice this game amazes me every time I turn it on.

#3459 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have yet to see a problem with chest multiball. It seems to do the right thing for me?

After 3 chest multiballs, it won't let you lock balls anymore.

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Here is what I have done,
From Mod couple,
Dauntless railing
Canon cover
Pop bumper cover East India trading c one
Silencer kit for spinning disc
Numbered ship for coin door
@mustangpaul
Lighted leg protectors
@zitt
Lighted shooter housing
Mezel mods
Led kit for flipper area
I also added a external sub which is freaking AWESOME!!!!
I went this for powering all of my mods
https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html

How did you connect the external subwoofer to your POTC?

#3461 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Anyone else been playing the Adm Cutler Beckett character regularly? I've only been playing Pirates on route so far, but I really like being able to collect all the gold each time with just a single hit of the action button. I need both hands on the flippers as much as possible with this game!

Don’t play him regularly but I set my grand champion score playing him..... might be something to this!

My top scores have all been with Beckett, Calypso and Davey Jones. Haven’t gotten anywhere near them with anyone else. My only wizard modes were played with Calypso.

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Just solder the wires to the sub in the bottom of the cab. Run those wires out the back bottom part of the cabinet. There are some screens that you can remove the screw too and have space for the wire.

#3463 5 years ago

Ok I'll ask.... So love playing this game but I find the women characters have the best values for gameplay specifically Tia Dalma. Is it wrong that I have a hard time playing as a woman!!!! lol

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I'll ask.... So love playing this game but I find the women characters have the best values for gameplay specifically Tia Dalma. Is it wrong that I have a hard time playing as a woman!!!! lol

I’ve been playing as Carina Smythe quite a bit (more time for everything.). Get over it

#3465 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve been playing as Carina Smythe quite a bit (more time for everything.). Get over it

lol. So its not wrong. Does that mean I don't have to wear the lipstick for the end of game photo?? lol

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

lol. So its not wrong. Does that mean I don't have to wear the lipstick for the end of game photo?? lol

All personal preference - what you do in your own home is up to you, no one to judge you

#3467 5 years ago

Pinzzz
I used quick connectors
Ran the wire through the loops and out the small grill in the rear of cabinet. Easy pesy!
This way if I want to sell pin I can keep wire and no soldering involved.
You can solder if you like though.

E40703E3-FCDD-4029-9B46-8308975AF9F8 (resized).jpegE40703E3-FCDD-4029-9B46-8308975AF9F8 (resized).jpeg
#3468 5 years ago

I have a set of the Plastic Protectors from Mezel mods for sale that I decided not to use. I took the protective plastic off them but they have not been used. They go $40 plus shipping from Mezel Mods. These are $34 shipped. I will package them up so that they will not get scratched.
PM for paypal address

https://mezelmods.com/collections/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-plastic-protector-set-jjp

P1010176 (resized).JPGP1010176 (resized).JPG

Added over 5 years ago:

Sold

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

[quoted image]

Bug has been corrected on the latest software, which will be dropping in the next couple weeks.

#3470 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I'm going to be adding a sub to my POTC the same way I did on my DI.
I added a 3.5mm "Y" splitter from the MB audio output jack in the backbox. Then I run a 3.5mm cable out to the sub with a 3.5mm to RCA Stereo pair adapter on the end.
Super clean. Sounds great. Easy peasy. The sub's crossover filters out the highs.

Nick "junky"

#3471 5 years ago

Wow!! This is a busy thread. Got mine three days ago (an LE) didn’t request any special number and mine was 61. Also saw there is a notice in the scroll after game is over when it is going through the attract cycle that says game #208. I have no idea what that means. Fortunately mine was pretty straightforward to set up with no issues thus far.....however I never noticed the topper wasn’t centered until I read it on this thread and looked closer at it. Thanks for that. lol

#3472 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Wow!! This is a busy thread. Got mine three days ago (an LE) didn’t request any special number and mine was 61. Also saw there is a notice in the scroll after game is over when it is going through the attract cycle that says game #208. I have no idea what that means. Fortunately mine was pretty straightforward to set up with no issues thus far.....however I never noticed the topper wasn’t centered until I read it on this thread and looked closer at it. Thanks for that. lol

You can change the LE# display in the settings or just turn it off. Congrats and welcome to the pirate seas!

#3473 5 years ago

Here’s hoping they’re still making LEs, because I’m in for one. All the streams have convinced me!

#3474 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Bug has been corrected on the latest software, which will be dropping in the next couple weeks.

Great news! Maybe you can adjustable how many chapters/movie must be played. Similar to the SIM cards from dialedin.

Will get the Game a bit easier and much more fun for beginners

#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'm going to be adding a sub to my POTC the same way I did on my DI.
I added a 3.5mm "Y" splitter from the MB audio output jack in the backbox. Then I run a 3.5mm cable out to the sub with a 3.5mm to RCA Stereo pair adapter on the end.
Super clean. Sounds great. Easy peasy. The sub's crossover filters out the highs.
Nick "junky"

something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LM0ZGK6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00

#3476 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Thanks Eric!

Is there a list somewhere or possibly a wish list somewhere?

The one thing that gets me with some regularity is when a ball travels back up the left in-lane, hits the gate and goes under it. I don't think there is a mechanical fix but it would be cool if the software recognized that neither of the in-lane switches above were triggered and gave your ball back. Even if only in single ball play.

Be well and thanks for an incredible adventure!

#3477 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

i agree with you on this. some of the characters could definitely use another round of balancing. having a ball save with swan would be a great choice for single player games and wouldn't be too overpowered in competitive play.

the real elephant in the room is blackbeard IMO. in the hands of a decent player he's far-and-away the best choice for going for high scores. probably a game breaking choice in a tournament. i have a feeling his ball save timer will be toned down a bit if the other characters don’t get some significant buffs or have their negative traits removed.

#3478 5 years ago

Is there going to be a new code for the jack danger stream on the 14 th ?

#3479 5 years ago

Anti Airball octopus

Sometimes no self-printed part, but how do you find very suitable.

Prevents with me the airballs that occur from time to time.

The octopus is from the Schleich family.

https://www.schleich-s.com/de/DE/wild-life/produkte/krake-14768.html

The holder is available here for my other artwork for the POTC.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393818

It's best to print in PLA so that you can adjust it with warmth.

In the octopus, I had to bend an arm, so he does not disturb the ship, see Figure 4

IMG_7608 (resized).jpgIMG_7608 (resized).jpgIMG_7609 (resized).jpgIMG_7609 (resized).jpgIMG_7611 (resized).jpgIMG_7611 (resized).jpgIMG_7612 (resized).jpgIMG_7612 (resized).jpg
#3480 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thanks Eric!
Is there a list somewhere or possibly a wish list somewhere?
The one thing that gets me with some regularity is when a ball travels back up the left in-lane, hits the gate and goes under it. I don't think there is a mechanical fix but it would be cool if the software recognized that neither of the in-lane switches above were triggered and gave your ball back. Even if only in single ball play.
Be well and thanks for an incredible adventure!

YES PLEASE!!! I had this happen in a good game last night. Ball came through the left "outlane" and then bounced and drained through the center "outlane". I figured no big deal and the game would recognize that the switch above wasn't hit and give me my ball back.....no luck. This needs to be added.

#3481 5 years ago

Anyone have any issues with their chest fork being too high? Mine is adjusted all the way down and it still slightly sticks out of the playfield. Enough to effect ball travel and even get ball hang ups. The only other thing I can think to do is remove the complete assembly and add some thin washers for a little more space.

Thoughts?

#3482 5 years ago

Ok - going for a hat trick of posts here. I was looking at this beautiful game this morning and couldn't help but laugh when looking at the backbox. I imagine a couple guys in the bar talking about what artwork should go on it.

"How about the back glass?" ---"Definitely got to have the skull and crossbones!"----"Good Idea"

"How about the back box sides that are inches away from the skull and crossbones?"----"Hmmm....How bout more skull and crossbones?"----"Genius!!!"

"Now what about the topper?"----"Fuck it!!! More skull and crossbones! Skull and crossbones everywhere!"----"God damn! That why I love you man. Another round please!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
#3483 5 years ago

Ok last post for now. I'd love to see something else done with this screen. It's about as lame as it gets.

IMG_3310 (resized).jpgIMG_3310 (resized).jpg
#3484 5 years ago

I am actually going to turn that off in the menu. I like that it is a choice to do it!! It is already on the pin and since I added the mod couples coin door mod, it really does not need to appear in 3 places. Plus I can get to the wanted pics faster
NightTrain did you figure out the issue with your screens going out?

#3485 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i agree with you on this. some of the characters could definitely use another round of balancing. having a ball save with swan would be a great choice for single player games and wouldn't be too overpowered in competitive play.
the real elephant in the room is blackbeard IMO. in the hands of a decent player he's far-and-away the best choice for going for high scores. probably a game breaking choice in a tournament. i have a feeling his ball save timer will be toned down a bit if the other characters don’t get some significant buffs or have their negative traits removed.

How about all scores are 1/2 when any ball saver is active as Blackbeard?

#3486 5 years ago

Here’s another rules idea/suggestion. And correct me if this is already in game, but...

+ Ability to Plunder ball locks or multiball progression.

#3487 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am actually going to turn that off in the menu. I like that it is a choice to do it!! It is already on the pin and since I added the mod couples coin door mod, it really does not need to appear in 3 places. Plus I can get to the wanted pics faster
nighttrain did you figure out the issue with your screens going out?

Played a few games last night. It didn't happen. I'll keep an eye on it and post back if it acts up.

#3488 5 years ago

Just wanted to post that JJP support and Joe @ PinballStar are awesome. Within just a few hours of me making them aware of my broken chest and other minor issues, they had fixes ready to rock n roll. It's great customer service that makes me love JJP pins!

Bravo JJP team. Bravo.

#3489 5 years ago

Ok lazy guy question. Is it possible to disable the Todays high score option in settings?

#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok lazy guy question. Is it possible to disable the Todays high score option in settings?

Lazy answer ... Yes!

#3491 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It annoys me to all ends but I leave it on cause my 6 year old kid just loves getting his picture taken when he plays and keeps him wanting to play again.

#3492 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

It annoys me to all ends but I leave it on cause my 6 year old kid just loves getting his picture taken when he plays and keeps him wanting to play again.

Totally makes sense but as its mostly my wife and I playing I get tired of only seeing her picture up there. Yeah I suck at pinball.

#3493 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

something like this?
amazon.com link »

That will work

#3494 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah I suck at pinball.

But you make great mods!

#3495 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The only other thing I can think to do is remove the complete assembly and add some thin washers for a little more space.

I'd do that.

LTG : )

#3496 5 years ago

I'm new to pinball ownership and in the past couple months bought a JJPOTC LE and a STNG. Both have been great games to play, and searching Pinside forums has been super helpful in identifying and troubleshooting some issues popping up in both machines. Unfortunately I don't have much experience or knowledge with mechanical stuff and I don't have much of a tool collection, so it's been very slow learning for me. I've browsed a lot of the history on this JJPOTC thread (up to about page 50) and I've had many of the same issues with my POTC LE as others (ball hanging up on right ramp, balls entering chest but rolling right through instead of locking, and wire breaking under mini playfield - still don't have the courage to try to fix that one yet) and I just had a couple other issues pop up that I haven't seen mentioned (or I missed them). I was wondering if anyone might have some advice to offer on either of these:
- First, the wire return ramp from Malestrom has in the past day or so shifted to the right by about 1/2 inch so balls coming down it are getting hung up on the top edge of the right slingshot where they're supposed to drop down into the "R" lane. I see there are screws on the dividers between the P & I lane and the the I & R lane. It seems like I should just need to unscrew those a bit, nudge the ramp back over and re-tighten in place. Problem is I don't know what tool to use on those two screws. I checked the user manual (especially pages C-135 to C-151) to see what size they are but I couldn't identify it. I went out and bought a 7-piece SAE nut driver set thinking it should be one of those sizes but 5/16 was too small and 3/8 was too big. Any idea what tool I need for those screws?

- Second, in the past week I've had several shots bounced back at me from the left orbit (yellow skull shot). I think the post at the start of that lane may be raising when it shouldn't and blocking the ball, and then retracting when it gets hit. I haven't been able to confirm it for sure because the post is blocked from view when I'm playing and I don't know it's a problem until a shot gets blocked. Anyone have anything similar to this happen?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I'm new to pinball ownership and in the past couple months bought a JJPOTC LE and a STNG. Both have been great games to play, and searching Pinside forums has been super helpful in identifying and troubleshooting some issues popping up in both machines. Unfortunately I don't have much experience or knowledge with mechanical stuff and I don't have much of a tool collection, so it's been very slow learning for me. I've browsed a lot of the history on this JJPOTC thread (up to about page 50) and I've had many of the same issues with my POTC LE as others (ball hanging up on right ramp, balls entering chest but rolling right through instead of locking, and wire breaking under mini playfield - still don't have the courage to try to fix that one yet) and I just had a couple other issues pop up that I haven't seen mentioned (or I missed them). I was wondering if anyone might have some advice to offer on either of these:
- First, the wire return ramp from Malestrom has in the past day or so shifted to the right by about 1/2 inch so balls coming down it are getting hung up on the top edge of the right slingshot where they're supposed to drop down into the "R" lane. I see there are screws on the dividers between the P & I lane and the the I & R lane. It seems like I should just need to unscrew those a bit, nudge the ramp back over and re-tighten in place. Problem is I don't know what tool to use on those two screws. I checked the user manual (especially pages C-135 to C-151) to see what size they are but I couldn't identify it. I went out and bought a 7-piece SAE nut driver set thinking it should be one of those sizes but 5/16 was too small and 3/8 was too big. Any idea what tool I need for those screws?
- Second, in the past week I've had several shots bounced back at me from the left orbit (yellow skull shot). I think the post at the start of that lane may be raising when it shouldn't and blocking the ball, and then retracting when it gets hit. I haven't been able to confirm it for sure because the post is blocked from view when I'm playing and I don't know it's a problem until a shot gets blocked. Anyone have anything similar to this happen?

Looks like you have some minor adjustments to make but I applaud your commitment in trying to learn as you go. Most side with giving up to complain. As your not all that far from me feel free to reach out if I can be of assistance. Once you get this pin dialed in you will enjoy every minute. Congrats neighbor.

#3498 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

wire breaking under mini playfield

Don't be too concerned about removing the ship. It's in there tight, but with a bit of jigging around, it can be done - see LTG's previous post on page 64 of this thread.

For me, putting it back in place was more difficult. What seemed to work best was pushing the front end just under the ramp first, and then wiggling it around until the bracket with the 'male' end engaged with the 'female' bracket standup thingy on the playfield. It was easy to see when it had engaged, as the ship pivoted left and right in a controlled way when I moved it with my hand. Then it was just a case of putting the allen-type screw back in on the back of the ship, and the washer/pin behind the playfield.

I'll be better at it next time (although I'm hoping nothing else will go wrong under there), and there will be less swearing/sweating.

Addition: while you've got the ship off, I suggest you check whether the wiring loom is too tight. Mine was, and I snipped a couple of wire-ties to loosen it. Hopefully the wires won't get in the path of the ball when it enters the lanes below the ship, but I'll post here if that happens. Best of luck!

#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

1st question - Yes - You need to loosen that nut and slide the habitrail over a bit. Try metric sockets maybe? Otherwise a small crescent wrench.

2nd question - I think this is designed in some mode. The post pops up to deflect the ball back to the upper left flipper.

#3500 5 years ago

Here's a suggestion for a future update. When pressing start, a random character is pre-selected and flipping left/right moves the selection (unless I'm missing something, which has happened before! ). How about having the previously-selected character already selected at the beginning of a new game? I'm all about Tia Dalma at the moment, as I'm trying my best to get to a chapter's wizard mode. But each time I start a new game I have to flip around to get back to the lovely Tia.

Maybe this could be a setting? Just an idea!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/70?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.