JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 376 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 minutes ago by pinball_keefer
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 100 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

44088601_249111529108052_7606039850289987584_n (resized).jpg
44052916_2187592424812635_2707578083824631808_n (resized).jpg
IMG_20181012_231115093_HDR (resized).jpg
Shame.gif
IMG_20181012_113848024 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181011_173029 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181011_195941_402 (resized).jpg
20181011_125857 (resized).jpg
IMG_6866 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
1B5CBEA2-3511-4B53-AB58-EE4914AEEA95 (resized).jpeg
EFCDA6C7-7E0A-4761-A7DB-812D91F44C75 (resized).jpeg
544EE293-34C5-4851-A095-A553795D9035 (resized).jpeg
20181002_211254 (resized).jpg
20180929_132815 (resized).jpg
20180929_132845 (resized).jpg

There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 6 days ago

Kevin you are awesome!

#302 6 days ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Kevin you are awesome!

This GAME is awesome! But thank you

#303 5 days ago

Friday 10/12/18 at 3pm central: Live stream of POTC from the guys who made it.

Come check us out!

https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

Be sure to subscribe to receive notifications in case we play unannounced again....

Oh, and a bonus stream Monday 10/15/18 @ 3pm of NEW CODE....FOR DIALED IN!!!!!!!!!! Hold onto your butts!

#304 5 days ago

Finally got this game in my house. I'm in love.

While I could easily be accused of being in the honeymoon phase (and I am), this is now my favorite game, knocking Walking Dead Premium off of it's three year reign in the top spot.

Can't wait to sing it's praises on our next podcast. #SorryHaters

-Nick, Buffalo Pinball

#305 5 days ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

While I could easily be accused of being in the honeymoon phase (and I am), this is now my favorite game, knocking Walking Dead Premium off of it's three year reign in the top spot.
-Nick, Buffalo Pinball

Very cool - congrats! I look forward to hearing your insights as I've been warming up to POTC the more I see it lately. I hope to actually play one again sometime soon too as my only opportunity to do so was at the NW Show last June!

#306 5 days ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

-Nick, Buffalo Pinball

I'm ready to fanboy it up!

#307 4 days ago

My chest is releasing an extra locked ball when I lock another ball. Anyone have a fix for this?

#308 4 days ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

My chest is releasing an extra locked ball when I lock another ball. Anyone have a fix for this?

Every time or just once in a while? The one I play does it once in a while when a ball gets up there when lock isn't lit. On that note, should you ever be able to get a ball up in the chest when lock isn't lit or should the ball always go through the chest and feed the upper flipper in that scenario.

#309 4 days ago

Im creeping up my scores one week at a time. This was today, pretty good considering they nerfed the points supposedly.

I blew up the ship with the cannon, and had a stacked multiball.

20181011_125857 (resized).jpg
#310 4 days ago

Thanks to a fellow pinsider, I was able to test a couple of mods, trough light and sidelights on the translight...the fire really lights up well.

I realize not many games out there, but if there is interest in these mods, they are on our site now.

https://lermods.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-mods

IMG_20181011_173029 (resized).jpgIMG_20181011_195941_402 (resized).jpg
#311 4 days ago

From watching Eric and the boys and the Buffalo guys play this I’m super interested but at $15,000 AUD I’m super not interested... Hopefully I know someone who is getting one so I can play it!

#312 4 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

From watching Eric and the boys and the Buffalo guys play this I’m super interested but at $15,000 AUD I’m super not interested... Hopefully I know someone who is getting one so I can play it!

I hear you, AUD and CDN price on this beast are very close.

My first and only NIB was TSPP back in 2004, that was $4999 CDN + tax. JJPOTC LE is essentially 3x that. Had to dig deep as I wanted the title, day one. I can't see getting any more NIB going forward, likely used market only unless there is something worth selling off pins for and taking the depreciation on a NIB.

#313 4 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks to a fellow pinsider, I was able to test a couple of mods, trough light and sidelights on the translight...the fire really lights up well.
I realize not many games out there, but if there is interest in these mods, they are on our site now.
https://lermods.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-mods
[quoted image][quoted image]

The back box came up really well .

at $15,000 AUD I’m super not interested...

The AUD has dropped over 10 cents since I ordered mine so they're not going to get cheaper anytime soon.

#314 4 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Every time or just once in a while? The one I play does it once in a while when a ball gets up there when lock isn't lit. On that note, should you ever be able to get a ball up in the chest when lock isn't lit or should the ball always go through the chest and feed the upper flipper in that scenario.

Good question. I'll have to pay better attention as I'm not sure. I don't think it's every time though.

#315 4 days ago

Here's an OCD pro tip: I think it's wise to add some mylar/vinyl to the chapter start cove area. The ball in that area is dragged back and forth several times each game when it's shot up there, and it's a small, tight area. I'm guessing over heavy usage it will start to wear.

#316 4 days ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

Here's an OCD pro tip: I think it's wise to add some mylar/vinyl to the chapter start cove area. The ball in that area is dragged back and forth several times each game when it's shot up there, and it's a small, tight area. I'm guessing over heavy usage it will start to wear.

So there is no factory protection in that area?

#317 4 days ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

I think you're right.

I love the mode start. For those that don't know, there's a magnet underneath that throws the ball around. For each stand up the ball hits, the shaker rumbles and there's a cannon fire sound effect. A lot of the time it does several cannon shots. It's pretty cool.

#318 4 days ago

How much of the area needs Mylar in your opinion?

#319 4 days ago

I am also looking for any advice as to what needs mylar and possibly 1 or more cliffies.

Thoughts from owners at this point?

#320 4 days ago

Pinball Mayhem guys shot some video. LTG : )

#321 4 days ago

#99 is in the house!

IMG_20181012_113848024 (resized).jpg
#322 4 days ago

I bet this ends up being a rare game in the future due to low production numbers. Unfortunately, this pin has had a really bumpy start.

#323 4 days ago
Quoted from jcoble:

#99 is in the house!
[quoted image]

Are you sure that you want to block that beautiful window?

Congrats!

#324 4 days ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I bet this ends up being a rare game in the future due to low production numbers. Unfortunately, this pin has had a really bumpy start.

Heck no. A slow and cautious start but this game (in just My opinion) will hit massive numbers and they will be making it for Many years to come. As close to a art/code/shot masterpiece as you can get.

#325 3 days ago

It's a really good game. We have literally every new game on route somewhere here and I still choose to play Pirates and it keeps bringing me back. In fact, I could play Deadpool on route for free if I wanted to, but I still choose to pay $1.00 per game to play Pirates instead. In my opinion it is head and shoulders better than what anyone else is producing right now.

#326 3 days ago

I've heard this from someone else as well, hopefully it isn't true. This might be my first NIB pin if they end up not making many.

#327 3 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

In my opinion it is head and shoulders better than what anyone else is producing right now.

I keep hearing from many of my players that it's the best JJP game, and I have all four here.

LTG : )

#328 3 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

I keep hearing from many of my players that it's the best JJP game, and I have all four here.
LTG : )

As much as I am ashamed to say it, this game moved WOZ to my #2 favorite game of all time. I didn't think it would be possible.

#329 3 days ago

Did I read somewhere that if you get all the multiballs going that there is something that happens with a mode or special effect?

#330 3 days ago

Yes

#331 3 days ago

Has anyone accomplished this yet?

#332 3 days ago

I think there was a Buffalo Pinball stream where it happened. You could look on their Twitch page.

#333 3 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Has anyone accomplished this yet?

For someone who watches JJPOTC like a hawk, you sure do miss a lot

Check out buffalos stream.

#334 3 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

For someone who watches JJPOTC like a hawk, you sure do miss a lot
Check out buffalos stream.

Yeah - it’s called I have kids and don’t have the ability sit and stare at the screen uninterrupted so I likely missed it.

#335 3 days ago

Joe Katz just got it again on the JJPLive stream just as we were typing, so you can see it there as well.

#336 3 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

As much as I am ashamed to say it, this game moved WOZ to my #2 favorite game of all time.

Shame.gif

#337 3 days ago

From what I understand, I think you get 6X playfield with all multiballs running and there is a "secret" jackpot, which can be obtained and requalified several times.

#338 3 days ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Joe Katz just got it again on the JJPLive stream just as we were typing, so you can see it there as well.

Thanks

#339 3 days ago
Quoted from Gusphan:

I've been thinking you are correct about this since you brought it up in one of the recent streams. Better safe than sorry. Don't need it looking like a dirty sanctum.

#340 3 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The back box came up really well .

The AUD has dropped over 10 cents since I ordered mine so they're not going to get cheaper anytime soon.

I’m pretty sure you’ll be paying the $15000 unless you paid in full. Not sure... let me know what you think

#341 3 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah - it’s called I have kids and don’t have the ability sit and stare at the screen uninterrupted so I likely missed it.

Just for you buddy: https://clips.twitch.tv/HeadstrongWiseMacaroniDoritosChip

#342 3 days ago

Just got done playing pirates at Helicon brewing I put up this score.

IMG_20181012_231115093_HDR (resized).jpg
#343 3 days ago

I’m pretty sure you’ll be paying the $15000 unless you paid in full. Not sure... let me know what you think

I can only fit a hand full of pins in my house so I'm going all in for the CE at over $19k. Had to sell a couple of pins to do it but pirates has a couple of pins worth of features so I think it'll be worth it ,if not I can always sell it that's the good thing about this hobby. It would be good to see some progress pictures of it, but I've waited this long so what's a bit more.
P5 I hope you sold your hobbit.

#344 3 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I can only fit a hand full of pins in my house so I'm going all in for the CE at over $19k. Had to sell a couple of pins to do it but pirates has a couple of pins worth of features so I think it'll be worth it ,if not I can always sell it that's the good thing about this hobby. It would be good to see some progress pictures of it, but I've waited this long so what's a bit more.

$19K!?

Holy shit! (even if it is AUD)

#345 2 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

$19K!?

Now, compare JJP-POTC with BBB at that price, which is a better buy?

#346 2 days ago

Thanks for posting that! Helps a hack like me!

#347 2 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

$19K!?

$20K by Christmas!

#348 2 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah sold the hobbit took a bit of fenangling but I got there hope you're enjoying yours. Wow a CE at $20k or there abouts hope you love it. What did you end up selling?

#349 2 days ago

Yeah sold the hobbit took a bit of fenangling but I got there hope you're enjoying yours. Wow a CE at $20k or there abouts hope you love it. What did you end up selling?

I sold a rrwoz and getaway .I am loving the hobbit ,to me its the complete pin, it's so immersive and fun to play and keeps getting better with all the updates. TH has set a very high bar for pirates.

#350 2 days ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I sold a rrwoz and getaway .I am loving the hobbit ,to me its the complete pin, it's so immersive and fun to play and keeps getting better with all the updates. TH has set a very high bar for pirates.

Oh yeah. As far as movie based pins go I think The Hobbit, with its latest code, is now the best of all time in my opinion due to excellent use of licensed assets being integrated throughout the game. The amount of work that went into that games rules, animations, music, and audio is astounding.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,500.00
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside