(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 378.
#3401 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

This cable is lose. Does it go into the spare socket?

No. It's an extra and not used.

LTG : )

#3402 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. It's an extra and not used.

If you plug that in it activates the camera so Lloyd can watch you all night.....lol

#3403 5 years ago

Not correct. My WOZ RR and my THBA both came with copies of JJP'S outstanding manuals. I agree it should have been included with my $9500 POTC LE but it wasn't so, I have a $9600 POTC LE. Love the game, gotta have the manual. Just like a lot of the great mods that yelobird sells (bought 2 more the other day).

#3404 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I seem to be having a problem loading the cannon. I get it ready, light fuse arrows lit. then I hit the shot but the gate Isn't up. I lowered the glass and pushed on top the coil and it sure enough it was not even trying to hold, so I hit the load cannon target again and it opened I put the glass back on continued to play
but noticed the light fuse arrow was no longer on?? I didn't think there was a time limit for loading the cannon ? any Ideas would be appreciated thanks

I had a similar problem where the load cannon gate would not open at all and the coil wasn’t firing. Turned out the problem was purely mechanical: the metal gate was stuck inside the tunnel for the shot, and simply had to be pried back out. Then the tunnel was bent slightly so this wouldn’t happen again.

#3405 5 years ago

Separate rules related question (possible bug?): I was in movie 4 wizard mode. Once I started wizard mode I noticed Tortuga Multiball was lit. So I figured I’d go for it and it would get me a ton of points with the wizard mode. When I started Tortuga though, the Wizard mode ended and when I was out of multiball it was gone. Anyone else noticed this?

#3406 5 years ago
Quoted from phoenixpin:

Separate rules related question (possible bug?): I was in movie 4 wizard mode. Once I started wizard mode I noticed Tortuga Multiball was lit. So I figured I’d go for it and it would get me a ton of points with the wizard mode. When I started Tortuga though, the Wizard mode ended and when I was out of multiball it was gone. Anyone else noticed this?

Yes. Also if you are in a multiball and load the cannon and start a chapter, you can’t fire the cannon. Chapter starts and it just dribbles the ball out of the cannon. Seems to be a couple overlapping scenarios like this that don’t quite hit right yet. Still early code.

#3407 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

He has one on YouTube...

Yep - thanks. Not the latest code though like his Twitch stream video.

Quoted from iepinball:

Looks like they expired there . The recordings were too large to upload to YouTube and I haven't had the time to edit them down enough to get under the size limit.
I'll be doing more streaming of it in a few weeks, if not sooner.

Dang! I just watched the beginning a couple days ago and then came back to it last night after playing some Pirates on route and discovered it's now gone!

Thanks for recording these Karl! Your videos are great both technically as well as for learning the rules. I have to play them at 3/4 speed though because you talk so fast!

#3408 5 years ago

Joining the club, just put my deposit down for an LE. Won't have for a few months as I am going to pick it up at Pinfest but still pretty excited about getting it.

#3409 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Still early code.

Is Keffer saying that its still got more to come?

#3410 5 years ago

What is the general rule about unboxing and setting up a pin in cold weather? Can it be unboxed, setup with the legs. but don’t turn it on until room temperature?

Should the game be room temperature before it is moved after delivery, from a insulated garage into the house on a dolly?

#3411 5 years ago

Double post

#3412 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

What is the general rule about unboxing and setting up a pin in cold weather? Can it be unboxed, setup with the legs. but don’t turn it on until room temperature?

I'd unbox and set up in room it will be in. Remove backglass and playfield glass and put somewhere safe. Lift playfield up and lean back. Let it warm up to room temperature.

#3413 5 years ago

I'd unbox and set up in room it will be in. Remove backglass and playfield glass and put somewhere safe. Lift playfield up and lean back. Let it warm up to room temperature.

Disclaimer : Double post.

#3414 5 years ago

I can finally post my JJPOTC pin addition photo. I finally got around to installing the topper. Still some tweaking to do to get it right, but loving it! It's now on "the JJP side of the room".

28_20190206_193807 (resized).jpg28_20190206_193807 (resized).jpg
#3415 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I can finally post my JJPOTC pin addition photo. I finally got around to installing the topper. Still some tweaking to do to get it right, but loving it! It's now on "the JJP side of the room".
[quoted image]

How tall is your JJPOTC with the topper installed?
My LE arrives tomorrow!

#3416 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image]

Nice! I like how they're in release order too

#3417 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image]

Pretty respectable score for it not being “right” yet!

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

My LE arrives tomorrow!

Just measured - between 67 and 68 inches with the playfield at 6.5 degrees.

#3419 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Pretty respectable score for it not being “right” yet!

I just got that score tonight, before I put on the topper. I'm learning it … shoot the flashy lights first, then the solid lights. I've played the prototypes at many shows and play it on location where we are on a pinball league. But previous scores before owning were down below 400K, so I'm not really all that good. The more you play it without other noise around you, the faster you will learn and pick up on it. I got to 2 movie wizard modes in that game. A blast.

#3420 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I just got that score tonight, before I put on the topper. I'm learning it … shoot the flashy lights first, then the solid lights. I've played the prototypes at many shows and play it on location where we are on a pinball league. But previous scores before owning were down below 400K, so I'm not really all that good. The more you play it without other noise around you, the faster you will learn and pick up on it. I got to 2 movie wizard modes in that game. A blast.

If two wizard modes in one game is “not very good” then I am flatly terrible!

#3421 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image]

You need to get the Hobbit Topper. My wife got it for my birthday because she said it looked lonely without it.

20190109_211022 (resized).jpg20190109_211022 (resized).jpg
#3422 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

My LE arrives tomorrow!

Congrats!! You will love it. Glad to see another one in the area!

#3423 5 years ago

Are the toppers centered now?

#3424 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just measured - between 67 and 68 inches with the playfield at 6.5 degrees.

Thanks, but...68” from the floor, to the top of the topper can’t be right?

#3425 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not mine. Build date 1/15/19.

#3426 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

You need to get the Hobbit Topper. My wife got it for my birthday because she said it looked lonely without it.
[quoted image]

I'm working on a design that will use the 3 Hobbit Weta Barrel dudes and have them slowly spin when the pop bumpers are hit and would continue a few seconds after the last pop bumper is hit, and hopefully some interactive lights with it. Just my own concept currently. Gotta talk to some people … got the barrel dudes, picked out the slow motors, now for the program.

off topic … sorry.

#3427 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Sorry, didn't have my glasses on. Between 87" and 88".

#3428 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Mine's about 87"

#3429 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image]

Cool - Jack must love you!

#3430 5 years ago

Anyone know who can make plastic protectors for this game in fluorescent blue ?

#3431 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nope . Build date 1/15/19.

#3432 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Should the game be room temperature before it is moved after delivery, from a insulated garage into the house on a dolly?

Just got mine yesterday in the cold. I unboxed it, pull the glass, slid the playfield out, removed the backbox glass. I set a space heater near the machine to help warm it up (not too close!). After 4 hours, everything was room temp.

#3433 5 years ago

Got my LE yesterday and set it up!!!

Had a few issues, main one being that I got to see that the chest was broken when I lifted the backbox. That was a huge bummer since it's not really playable right now. There was no shipping block between the chest and the black pearl like the included flyer shows there should have been.

I did get to play a few games though (no chest of course). During this, I had both of the screens go out at the same time. They didn't come back on until I power cycled the machine. I was holding the left flipper to access the info screens. Once they came up, I hit the right flipper 3 times. Both screens went out right then. Anyone seen this before?

Game 1 (resized).jpgGame 1 (resized).jpgScreens 1 (resized).jpgScreens 1 (resized).jpgChest 1 (resized).jpgChest 1 (resized).jpgChest3 (resized).jpgChest3 (resized).jpg
#3434 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Both screens went out right then

Try tightening the cables in the head. Mine was loose on the monitor and that fixed it.

#3435 5 years ago

I have been on vacation so missed a lot of posts. Went through and caught up. We have a great group of guys helping each other out with their pins and getting them up and going. Love this group and I agree that this pin is going to be top of the charts for a long time.
I should be receiving my manual today. Yes the extra cost does suck, but it is online which to me is the most important thing since I am not about to carry manuals every where I go.

#3436 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Try tightening the cables in the head. Mine was loose on the monitor and that fixed it.

I'll check the cables, but it happens to both monitors at the same time, so that seems unlikely.

#3437 5 years ago

What build date and # is your LE?

Quoted from NightTrain:

Got my LE yesterday and set it up!!!
Had a few issues, main one being that I got to see that the chest was broken when I lifted the backbox. That was a huge bummer since it's not really playable right now. There was no shipping block between the chest and the black pearl like the included flyer shows there should have been.
I did get to play a few games though (no chest of course). During this, I had both of the screens go out at the same time. They didn't come back on until I power cycled the machine. I was holding the left flipper to access the info screens. Once they came up, I hit the right flipper 3 times. Both screens went out right then. Anyone seen this before?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#3438 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

but it is online which to me is the most important thing since I am not about to carry manuals every where I go.

It is also available right on the pin inside the setup menu!

#3439 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What build date and # is your LE?

1/15/19 - #800

#3440 5 years ago

Here ya go..This is for sale on my local Facebook market page..Anybody need a life size pirate? lol

51454111_2530167477000516_5490642210741288960_n (resized).jpg51454111_2530167477000516_5490642210741288960_n (resized).jpg
#3441 5 years ago

Nice, so they’ve made at least probably 400 LEs in the past two months.

#3442 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Possible though I don't think they go in exact number order? Could be assumed though. All I know is I wish them all the success in the world on this game. Eric and JJP hit this one out of the park and aside from some growing pains in production any owner will be pleased with this awesome game.

#3443 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Le are not done in any kind of order

#3444 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Possible though I don't think they go in exact number order? Could be assumed though. All I know is I wish them all the success in the world on this game. Eric and JJP hit this one out of the park and aside from some growing pains in production any owner will be pleased with this awesome game.

Hear hear! I’ve never played a more fun addictive pin.

I finally got the 666666 multi ball yesterday which was fun!

#3445 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Negative. The game number has nothing to do with production numbers.

#3446 5 years ago

So after doing any matching LE # requests they completely randomly assign an available number?

#3447 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

666666 multi ball

I was so close last night. I was 3 gold away from Tortuga and drained!!!

#3448 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

So after doing any matching LE # requests they completely randomly assign an available number?

I really don't know to be honest. I have 5 numbers to choose from. 800 was the best of those IMO. I asked my disrto about order and numbers and he said they have no correlation.

#3449 5 years ago

what are the best mods to add to POTC? Definitely considering the kraken and cannon mods - what else does everyone like

Also considering the topper from tilttoppers but many that bad boy is pricey

#3450 5 years ago

Here is what I have done,
From Mod couple,
Dauntless railing
Canon cover
Pop bumper cover East India trading c one
Silencer kit for spinning disc
Numbered ship for coin door
@mustangpaul
Lighted leg protectors
@zitt
Lighted shooter housing
Mezel mods
Led kit for flipper area
I also added a external sub which is freaking AWESOME!!!!
I went this for powering all of my mods
https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-whitestar-or-sam-operating-systems.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 38.00
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.