(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 378.
#3351 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks so much for the kind feedback. If you have time, could you post a picture of the pinstadium lights results here or in the PS thread. Considering it just not sure if I should make the leap. Thanks!!

Must be someone else, no Pinstadiums on mine.

#3352 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Must be someone else, no Pinstadiums on mine.

opps sorry... lol

#3353 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Well, got mine in and they are perfect. Does not rub the sides at all. But, I also have the Pinstadium magnets in there. They get scraped first and actually save the side art. I love the graphics. Exactly what I was looking for. Hard to get a good shot of them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry asked the wrong guy.... If you have time can you please show a picture of the Pinstadium results on your game here or in the PS thread. Been considering it just not sure if they are a must. Thanks!!!

#3354 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry asked the wrong guy.... If you have time can you please show a picture of the Pinstadium results on your game here or in the PS thread. Been considering it just not sure if they are a must. Thanks!!!

I would like to see some pics or video as well. I think it would just be worth it to get ride of those spot lights that shine onto backbox monitor.

#3355 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks for the kind words. I have always been curious, is pinball as popular in AU as the US now? Meaning pincades and such where they are out in the wild again or primarily a private collector type of thing. Seems like there are a Lot of AU fans on the forum so my guess is you have a pretty good pin environment out there even with the crazy prices.

Hi mate
In sydney pinball has picked up very well over the years, Melbourne is slowly picking up.
nothing like the old days where pinbll machines could befound in local fish n chip shops

Private collectors would be the most people buying new machines today.

America I feel is still larger with the popularity towards pinball.
example. when Munsters was announced there was only 40Les coming into the country
now we have 50 Les due to the increase in sterns production run from 500 to 600.
I would imagine at a guess maybe 5Les at max will be used for onsite amusements.

Crazy prices indeed

#3356 5 years ago

I seem to be having a problem loading the cannon. I get it ready, light fuse arrows lit. then I hit the shot but the gate Isn't up. I lowered the glass and pushed on top the coil and it sure enough it was not even trying to hold, so I hit the load cannon target again and it opened I put the glass back on continued to play
but noticed the light fuse arrow was no longer on?? I didn't think there was a time limit for loading the cannon ? any Ideas would be appreciated thanks

#3357 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I seem to be having a problem loading the cannon. I get it ready, light fuse arrows lit. then I hit the shot but the gate Isn't up. I lowered the glass and pushed on top the coil and it sure enough it was not even trying to hold, so I hit the load cannon target again and it opened I put the glass back on continued to play
but noticed the light fuse arrow was no longer on?? I didn't think there was a time limit for loading the cannon ? any Ideas would be appreciated thanks

If you want help with why you're cannon door is not open, you'll have to be more specific about what you're doing during gameplay.

I made a discovery about the cannon door behavior just over a month ago...does this help?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/39#post-4741938

During COTBP multi-ball when going for the super jackpot, there is a 5-second time limit to loading the cannon. It requires a hit on any switch on the upper playfield. During any other mode, a hit on any switch on the lower playfield shut the cannon load door until you hit any switch on the upper playfield and it stays open unless you fall off and hit a switch on the lower playfield.

#3358 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dave,
I posted this awhile ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/71#post-4731785

#3359 5 years ago

Any word on an upcoming code release? A few of the bugs are getting rather frustrating. Namely the start chapter not actually starting a chapter. The mini LCD going black and fixed with a reboot is kinda annoying too.

#3360 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Any word on an upcoming code release? A few of the bugs are getting rather frustrating. Namely the start chapter not actually starting a chapter. The mini LCD going black and fixed with a reboot is kinda annoying too.

I asked Keith on latest BP stream, he said 'its coming'.

#3361 5 years ago

I think my issue with the chest, after balls have been locked, is that the angle isn't quite enough to have the balls drop out during multi ball. I tested the mechanism and the ball has plenty of room to drop out. Is there any way to adjust the incline of the chest?

#3362 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks so much for the kind feedback. If you have time, could you post a picture of the pinstadium lights results here or in the PS thread. Considering it just not sure if I should make the leap. Thanks!!

Here was mine... I took out all the spots in the game

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/69#post-4696259

#3363 5 years ago

Did you end up sorting out the LED light for the water effect

#3364 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Did you end up sorting out the LED light for the water effect

Yes and no. Ended up soldering something together and using the extra USB from the backbox PC to power it so it does turn on and off with the game. Overall like the look, but no where near as plug and play as I would have liked. Pretty much pulled all the electronics out and wired direct. Still a fun effect but really a pain to implement.

Ended with this one with a bit less green in it.

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yes and no. Ended up soldering something together and using the extra USB from the backbox PC to power it so it does turn on and off with the game. Overall like the look, but no where near as plug and play as I would have liked. Pretty much pulled all the electronics out and wired direct. Still a fun effect but really a pain to implement.
Ended with this one with a bit less green in it.

Great job . To me it looks well worth the effort
Such a clever idea .

#3366 5 years ago

Thanks so much to you both. As time and my memory passes I forgot you posted these. Need to give it some more thought but your pictures and input really help!

#3367 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

You guys are awesome. I appreciate your input. Thank you

This is something else that I've wanted to replace since first seeing it; the 12" Ethernet patch cable running between
POTC06 Pop Bumper Area RGB LED Board (J601 Ethernet connector) to (J904 Ethernet connector) on POTC09 [Left Orbit & Upper Targets RGB LED Board (large board with all of the Ethernet RJ45 ports on it)].

Have a look at yours to see if it is too tight. If so, replace it with a 2'. Cheap fix and removes the strain on those two connectors.

Pictures show; 1' patch, with closeup of two ends, then the 2' replacement patch cable, in place tied and the relief of the two ends

IMG_20190204_2039333 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2039333 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2039451 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2039451 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2039573 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2039573 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2040482 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2040482 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2043520 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2043520 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2043591 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2043591 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2044079 (resized).jpgIMG_20190204_2044079 (resized).jpg
#3368 5 years ago

Nice work; thank you for documenting!

#3369 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

This is something else that I've wanted to replace since first seeing it; the 12" Ethernet patch cable running between
POTC06 Pop Bumper Area RGB LED Board (J601 Ethernet connector) to (J904 Ethernet connector) on POTC09 [Left Orbit & Upper Targets RGB LED Board (large board with all of the Ethernet RJ45 ports on it)].
Have a look at yours to see if it is too tight. If so, replace it with a 2'. Cheap fix and removes the strain on those two connectors.
Pictures show; 1' patch, with closeup of two ends, then the 2' replacement patch cable, in place tied and the relief of the two ends [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is super tight. Good to know that a standard Ethernet cable will work. I will do that. Thanks!

#3370 5 years ago

Finally!! Set up and ready for Action!!

DEF58610-1F96-4137-AE69-DB23E2DF599D (resized).jpegDEF58610-1F96-4137-AE69-DB23E2DF599D (resized).jpegD5D613E7-48D4-4146-932F-F8329EC6135E (resized).jpegD5D613E7-48D4-4146-932F-F8329EC6135E (resized).jpeg
#3371 5 years ago

Nice I'm super jealous now. Paired up with a Black Rose - so where's Hook and Stern's POTC to complete the collection?

#3372 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Nice I'm super jealous now. Paired up with a Black Rose - so where's Hook and Stern's POTC to complete the collection?

The Ferrari and Ford GT are another nice pair (in the garage).

#3373 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Mine is super tight. Good to know that a standard Ethernet cable will work. I will do that. Thanks!

Standards are the way to go, hats off to JJP to go this route. Robust, cost effective and reliable.

With my music gear, companies have been using this for years now; Line 6, Hear-Back, Aviom etc... No proprietary communication cabling between devices!

I am in the final stages of completing the switch over to the WOZ LED 2.0 in my WOZECLE and couldn't be happier with how it is cabled. Far better connectors from power to data and all of the main connectivity uses Ethernet patch cables, brings my pin up to 2019 standards. I will have a lot of pics and notes to share over in the WOZ club once complete.

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Game looks awesome but sadly nothing compared to those Sexy beasts in the garage. Just gorgeous.

#3375 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Congrats @skyrex! How did the setup go?

#3376 5 years ago

This was a big deal for us as it is a theme we love. We are annual passholders at Disneyland and Pirates is one of our favorite rides. We tried to like the stern version but were underwhelmed when we played it over the years so this was huge that JJ did this. This is my first JJ and the first time I ever set up a pin. My previous NIB’s were delivered by my local distributor and he set them up but he doesn’t sell JJ. It went real well. My wife was a trooper in helping get it in and for that she played the first ball. I intentionally haven’t read much since these started shipping but I have to say it exceeded my expectations which were very high. Great modes and toys as you all know. Very impressed by the JJ product. After Star Wars I said no more stern NIB without playing them. With JJ I would pull the trigger on any theme they make that I like without a second thought. Just hope they come out with more themes I like. lol

#3377 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

This was a big deal for us as it is a theme we love. We are annual passholders at Disneyland and Pirates is one of our favorite rides.

What great luck for you, that the best pin ever is also a theme you are passionate about!

I just love this game and can’t stop playing it.

#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Just hope they come out with more themes I like. lol

Congrats. Nice add to the game room.

Guessing you and the fam enjoy Toy Story with the Disney passes...

...If only there was a certain New Jersey based pinball manufacturer contemplating a Toy Story themed machine.

#3379 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:Any word on an upcoming code release? A few of the bugs are getting rather frustrating. Namely the start chapter not actually starting a chapter. The mini LCD going black and fixed with a reboot is kinda annoying too.

My mini screen was also going (mostly) black. A reboot, or replug would temporarily fix it. I had Frank send me a new screen which fixed it.

#3380 5 years ago

Argh! iepinball - what happened to your great Pirates videos on Twitch?!

#3381 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Argh! troz - what happened to your great Pirates videos on Twitch?!

He has one on YouTube...

#3382 5 years ago
Quoted from danastude:

My mini screen was also going (mostly) black. A reboot, or replug would temporarily fix it. I had Frank send me a new screen which fixed it.

Oh I could have sworn Ted or maybe LTG said this was a bug not a hardware issue?

#3383 5 years ago

I guess I'll have to bring him a box of chocolates!

will_you_be_my_valentine (resized).jpgwill_you_be_my_valentine (resized).jpg
#3384 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

I guess I'll have to bring him a box of chocolates!
[quoted image]

Very cool! Looking forward to hearing some rule/strategy talk on the newest code.

I kinda wondered if Jack was discouraged from playing machines from other companies these days now that he's kind of the 'face' of Stern but it looks like that isn't the case.

#3385 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Oh I could have sworn Ted or maybe LTG said this was a bug not a hardware issue?

Wasn’t that the main screen going black if you disable codex tips?

#3386 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wasn’t that the main screen going black if you disable codex tips?

That’s another bug yes.

#3387 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Very cool! Looking forward to hearing some rule/strategy talk on the newest code.
I kinda wondered if Jack was discouraged from playing machines from other companies these days now that he's kind of the 'face' of Stern but it looks like that isn't the case.

He was going to turn down the position until Stern ensured that he could still stream any game he wanted to.

#3388 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Argh! troz - what happened to your great Pirates videos on Twitch?!

Looks like they expired there . The recordings were too large to upload to YouTube and I haven't had the time to edit them down enough to get under the size limit.

I'll be doing more streaming of it in a few weeks, if not sooner.

#3389 5 years ago

Wow just received our POTC CE manual!! Absolutely over the top and thicker then a phone book. (if anyone remembers what those are...) Thanks again to the JJP team and Christopher at Kingpin Games for an over the top amazing game cover to cover and levelers to topper. This game is history in the making. Thanks!!!

The Mod Couple

IMG_2155 (resized).jpgIMG_2155 (resized).jpgIMG_2156 (resized).jpgIMG_2156 (resized).jpg
#3390 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wow just received our POTC CE manual!! Absolutely over the top and thicker then a phone book. (if anyone remembers what those are...) Thanks again to the JJP team and Christopher at Kingpin Games for an over the top amazing game cover to cover and levelers to topper. This game is history in the making. Thanks!!!
The Mod Couple

Very nice, though as an LE owner I still think it's ridiculous that a $9,500 price tag didn't include one too.

#3391 5 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

Very nice, though as an LE owner I still think it's ridiculous that a $9,500 price tag didn't include one too.

Really? My Dialed In LE included one. I thought this one would too. That sucks.

#3392 5 years ago

This cable is lose. Does it go into the spare socket?

DB20B9CB-AAEF-441C-8DE8-763C96AEE9A8 (resized).jpegDB20B9CB-AAEF-441C-8DE8-763C96AEE9A8 (resized).jpeg
#3393 5 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

yikes! that seems like a bit of dirty play. for $9500 the damn manual should come leather bound printed on rare parchment.

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

YES. This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. My DILE manual is fantastic. This should be the norm.

#3395 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

YES. This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. My DILE manual is fantastic. This should be the norm.

Its $100 for the manual. Just ordered one from JJP.

#3396 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Something about spending more money for the manual after already buying the LE doesn't sit well. My DI LE came with one. Not sure I understand why that was changed.....

#3397 5 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Yowza. Seems like it would be easier to just print off the PDF and have it spiral bound at a Kinkos.

#3398 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Yowza. Seems like it would be easier to just print off the PDF and have it spiral bound at a Kinkos.

Or just load it on your iPad and call it done.

#3399 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Something about spending more money for the manual after already buying the LE doesn't sit well. My DI LE came with one. Not sure I understand why that was changed.....

I think you do understand... just none of us want to believe it

#3400 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

My apologies if this created an issue with the manual. Just a very nice book to accent this proud to own game. It was for the record outlined on the model line up on day one that the printed manual was only included with the CE. I believe WOZ was the same? Anyway, didn't mean to upset anyone on this just wanted to show how nice the book was if you were considering one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/68?hl=skyrex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.