(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,226 posts
  • 480 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by V4Vendetta
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,302 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

shipbottle (resized).JPG
0F14393B-75AA-4034-96D9-EEF6D7154881 (resized).jpeg
6F2AA754-3952-4687-8141-733553E9D502 (resized).jpeg
D162E8A3-BB9C-4B0D-B02E-8FCC98BC9ED1 (resized).jpeg
2E77DEEB-B62E-4630-9C45-8A629A1884D6 (resized).jpeg
afmr10 (resized).jpg
D18D88D1-E5BA-4EC3-9B37-D018C11651C5 (resized).jpeg
D7FB3373-16ED-4F63-80F6-D67037B0A8BD (resized).jpeg
DB16933A-A530-4814-8A13-2C4D5482A968 (resized).jpeg
CF646859-E929-4F8D-AD3A-B265F64372FB (resized).jpeg
74593A2E-1DA7-4EDF-A6B2-37E2269F403D (resized).jpeg
B3EC1B63-94A1-4DF9-B51D-8AE1F11DB097 (resized).jpeg
272A263A-6416-430D-97A5-C17D831E0F02 (resized).jpeg
DFAD19C5-EA71-4744-97EC-CBCDCD4175CD (resized).jpeg
DSC00679 (resized).JPG
DSC00142 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13226 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 265.
#3301 10 months ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Those look as good as I thought they would! I was hesitant to install mine until i had an extra pair of hands to help.
I also have my pinstadium lights ready to install at the same time. Where did you hook up the UV glow flasher?
Any other notes that might be helpful?

They are awesome hooked to the shaker motor. Try all blue and no white too, gives the game an eerie glow. The UV hit looks like lightning. I was surprised at how good they actually are on this game. Thought they would be too bright but you can dial it wherever you want.

#3302 10 months ago
Quoted from VZSpyder:

JJPOTC #900 reporting in! I got it set up last night right next to its cousin and played it all the way through midnight. What a machine! Very impressed so far.
Believe it or not, I've read through every post in this thread in preparation for receiving my game. I was anticipating having to make adjustments and fixes... But my POTC worked perfectly out of the box.
Still working on learning the shots and wrapping my head around the ruleset- and still getting used to the fact that this machine takes your picture- every high score entry has me making a dumb face at the screen! Ha![quoted image]

Did you order through pinballstar? I have #800 coming and I believe #900 was a choice I had as well. Still waiting on mine. Shipping tracking shows the last movement was 1/25/2019. I haven’t heard anything since. Glad to hear yours is trouble free. Is the topper centered?

#3303 10 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

They look great. Guess my cabinet is tighter for some reason. I tried twice (repaired them and tried again). Oh well. Glad it is just mine.

I always you these, when lifting and lowering my Playfields. they prevent art blades and mirror blades from scratching and tearing. they work great!
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#3304 10 months ago

One can also install stick on felt along the sides of the playfield to protect the cabinet sides. I did this one a few of my pins and need to finish the rest

#3305 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Did you order through pinballstar? I have #800 coming and I believe #900 was a choice I had as well. Still waiting on mine. Shipping tracking shows the last movement was 1/25/2019. I haven’t heard anything since. Glad to hear yours is trouble free. Is the topper centered?

Yes I did! Joe Newhart at pinballSTAR is great. Very communicative and quick- I received my POTC within a week of contacting him, though keep in mind that the game shipped directly from the factory and I live 2 hours away from them!
I also ordered a TNA which hasn't arrived yet; coincidentally, you are pretty close to Spooky's factory!

My topper is not centered but I don't care about that.

#3306 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Mine got delivered Friday. The FEDEX guy said that the local distribution was shut down Tues - Thursday because of the cold in our region. I originally was scheduled for a Tuesday delivery. Mine was sitting at the distribution center for 6 days. Your shipment might have gotten caught up in that shutdown.

#3307 10 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

They look great. Guess my cabinet is tighter for some reason. I tried twice (repaired them and tried again). Oh well. Glad it is just mine.

You're not alone. I have held off on the blades because I didn't have my pin yet and wanted to see the gap. I already have a pinstadium set too. It doesn't look like I have any hope as it's rubbing the sides now.
20190202_192020 (resized).jpg20190202_192049 (resized).jpg

#3308 10 months ago

6 or 7 days of sitting in the polar vortex at the distribution center, possibly 4 of those days on the truck while FEDEX was shut down, 2 hours of it being in the 30 degree garage, waiting for help to get it downstairs, about an hour after that to get it in position with legs on, pop the backbox up and ... frost inside and out on the glass. I let it thaw and worked on some issues before powering it up. Yes Hell did freeze over, the Lions are not in the Super Bowl however, but things are thawing out now.

20190201_111804 (resized).jpg20190201_133248 (resized).jpg

#3309 10 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

6 or 7 days of sitting in the polar vortex at the distribution center, possibly 4 of those days on the truck while FEDEX was shut down, 2 hours of it being in the 30 degree garage, waiting for help to get it downstairs, about an hour after that to get it in position with legs on, pop the backbox up and ... frost inside and out on the glass. I let it thaw and worked on some issues before powering it up. Yes Hell did freeze over, the Lions are not in the Super Bowl however, but things are thawing out now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I would give that a full day to warm up.

If anyone is looking, I have 1 potc le available now and a couple more coming next week.

#3310 10 months ago

Anyone having issue with the pinballs not being released from the chest after being locked? I checked the mech and it works, during multi ball I see it trying to release but the balls seem stuck. Thoughts?

#3311 10 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Anyone having issue with the pinballs not being released from the chest after being locked? I checked the mech and it works, during multi ball I see it trying to release but the balls seem stuck. Thoughts?

Somewhere in this thread there was a note about adjusting the time that the mech used to release the ball. It's probably in the menu somewhere.

#3312 10 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

The arm is attached to a mounting bracket with the relay that pulls it back. You can bend that whole bracket easily with your hand. I’ve had to adjust mine. There are further adjustments you can do if the relay (coil magnet) isn’t pulling the arm sometimes.

#3313 10 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

This happened once to me. The mech moved, but not enough to release the balls. It tried a few times, and eventually opened wide enough to let a ball pass through. It hasn't happened since, and I'd forgotten about it to be honest before I read this post. Hmm.

#3314 10 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

frost inside and out on the glass.

Ummm................... take the glass off so you don't trap all that moisture inside.

LTG : )

#3315 10 months ago

How do you find ball times?
Anything like lotr, longer, shorter.

#3316 10 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Wow, I would give that a full day to warm up.

Quoted from LTG:

Ummm................... take the glass off so you don't trap all that moisture inside.
LTG : )

Ya, that was Friday. I took the glass off immediately and started to fix some of the issues / precautions that were already mentioned in this thread. No moisture was on the interior playfield or cabinet. It was probably just the cold glass meeting the heat of the room … maybe not. No frost was visible with what I could see while it was in the garage unboxed and still folded up. I had the playfield up and down quite a bit too. After about 3 hours of fiddling and fixing things, everything was room temp. I played 1 short game and found more things to fix mentioned in this thread. Didn't play another game for another full day. Still a few things to resolve.

#3317 10 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

for me its the longest ball time game i've played. very similar to the LOTR/Hobbit imo - especially once you get the shots/saves dialed in.

not a scientific observation but i've noticed on games where i'm putting up decent scores (1-2 million plus) the games can easily run over ~15 minutes - if not much longer. i'm sure if the game was in my house it would suffer from the same issue that LOTR/Hobbit has for some people - its just daunting to start over from the beginning once you've had an epic game.

#3318 10 months ago

Last night I unlocked LOCTITE FRENZY mode on the Texas machine.

I decided to raise the PF and take a look at the chest fork - still nice and tight, but put on Loctite anyway so I can stop thinking about it forever.
I also applied it to the nuts on all the posts that I had to tighten nuts on.

Finally, I got fed up with SDTM drains from Tortuga and re-tightened the scoop down after pointing it far left, also with Loctite.

Everything seems good now and hopefully will stay that way!

#3319 10 months ago

The Kraken needs some love.... Beware The Kraken!!! Choose your path wisely and hit that Maelstrom right or fear the Kraken. Introducing the Kraken Custom mod. Complete the look of the dangerous Pirate seas with The Kraken. While mechanisms are a necessity of pinball at times they can spoil the world under glass feel. The Kraken mod was layed out and designed to partially hide the mechanical components and further build the theme look. A simple yet reversible installation and works perfectly with the Maelstrom Mod perfectly! Beware The Kraken or be ready for Davy Jones locker!!! Available Now from our website store, Pirates Welcome!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#3320 10 months ago
Quoted from anathematize:

for me its the longest ball time game i've played. very similar to the LOTR/Hobbit imo - especially once you get the shots/saves dialed in.
not a scientific observation but i've noticed on games where i'm putting up decent scores (1-2 million plus) the games can easily run over ~15 minutes - if not much longer. i'm sure if the game was in my house it would suffer from the same issue that LOTR/Hobbit has for some people - its just daunting to start over from the beginning once you've had an epic game.

ok, thanks for the feedback.
going to see if there is one anywhere local to give it a go.

#3321 10 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

ok, thanks for the feedback.

i should follow up with the fact that i LOVE the game. the shots are absolutely amazing. the game has both great flow and stop-and-go type of play with insanely deep code that is likely only going to get better.

also the game that i'm playing is definitely not setup absolutely brutal so that may contribute to some of the longer ball times - but i don't mind. makes for a cheaper night out at the brewery

#3322 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Kraken needs some love.... Beware The Kraken!!! Choose your path wisely and hit that Maelstrom right or fear the Kraken. Introducing the Kraken Custom mod. Complete the look of the dangerous Pirate seas with The Kraken. While mechanisms are a necessity of pinball at times they can spoil the world under glass feel. The Kraken mod was layed out and designed to partially hide the mechanical components and further build the theme look. A simple yet reversible installation and works perfectly with the Maelstrom Mod perfectly! Beware The Kraken or be ready for Davy Jones locker!!! Available Now from our website store, Pirates Welcome!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Added to my want list. Nice!!

#3323 10 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

I was having this issue this week and it turned out my pinballs were slightly too big (ball Barton on eBay). Check your pinballs first.

#3324 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

now that is cool. Nice.

#3325 10 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

now that is cool. Nice.

Thanks delt31 always value your feedback. Had to show the Kraken some love and while JJP did an Incredible job on this pin those 2 exposed coil mechs were just bothering me lol. So I filled them with my Kraken!!!

#3326 10 months ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Yep, same thing keeps happening on my LE. Having a great game and three balls locked in the chest and the game tries to release them but can’t. I turned the game off in frustration the last time it did it and haven’t played it since. Let us know if you find a solution.

#3327 10 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

For me, I generally had longer ball times on LOTR. Of course, I'm sure a lot has to do with set up.

#3328 10 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yep, same thing keeps happening on my LE. Having a great game and three balls locked in the chest and the game tries to release them but can’t. I turned the game off in frustration the last time it did it and haven’t played it since. Let us know if you find a solution.

You tried adjusting the release time in the software?

#3329 10 months ago
Quoted from wheels:

You tried adjusting the release time in the software?

Yes, it didn’t fix the issue. The game can’t release the balls from the chest and it just goes into and infinite ball search. I can see the release arm/gate isn’t retracting far enough to allow the balls to roll out

#3330 10 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Yes, it didn’t fix the issue. The game can’t release the balls from the chest and it just goes into and infinite ball search. I can see the release arm/gate isn’t retracting far enough to allow the balls to roll out

Get in there and bend bend bend. It’s a really easy mech to adjust.

#3331 10 months ago

Nice work on the Kraken, looks factory.

Thanks wheels, liked thewoz, but after 2 years it finally got old for me.
potcjjp looks sweet, dont care regarding 3 spinners or ball trunk change.
looks to still have all the bells and whistles for me...

just need to play one now

#3332 10 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Nice work on the Kraken, looks factory.
Thanks wheels, liked thewoz, but after 2 years it finally got old for me.
potcjjp looks sweet, dont care regarding 3 spinners or ball trunk change.
looks to still have all the bells and whistles for me...
just need to play one now

Thanks for the kind words. I have always been curious, is pinball as popular in AU as the US now? Meaning pincades and such where they are out in the wild again or primarily a private collector type of thing. Seems like there are a Lot of AU fans on the forum so my guess is you have a pretty good pin environment out there even with the crazy prices.

#3333 10 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Go see Wayne at Mr pinball

#3334 10 months ago

Any pictures of the shooter lane, and drain through outhole from the top side of the Playfield out there?

#3335 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks for the kind words. I have always been curious, is pinball as popular in AU as the US now? Meaning pincades and such where they are out in the wild again or primarily a private collector type of thing. Seems like there are a Lot of AU fans on the forum so my guess is you have a pretty good pin environment out there even with the crazy prices.

Things are picking up alot . On John's arcade tour of the stern factory George Gomez said Australia is their biggest market besides the US . Here in Melbourne there are a few comps that go on and a handful of pubs with pins , nothing like the old days .but I would say it's mainly the home market . And yes prices have gone mental .

#3336 10 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

You're not alone. I have held off on the blades because I didn't have my pin yet and wanted to see the gap. I already have a pinstadium set too. It doesn't look like I have any hope as it's rubbing the sides now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I figured out my problem was the playfield plastics on the right were mounted so the edge hangs off the playfield by about 3mm. In your first picture I see the same thing. It was a royal POA to loosen all the screw and nuts, but it will slide once you do. Not sure if I will remake the investment in blades, but that is the fix if you want to try.

#3337 10 months ago

Not one to listen to pinball podcasts. But the Pinball News pinball podcast released yesterday did an interview with Jack. It's a very informative interview, with Jack mentioning that Pat Lawlor's game will release first, then a second game will be released later this year. Also mentioned that they have increased staff at the factory, and that there are zero Hobbitt, WOZ, POTC games available at the factory. Finally, there are currently 22 DI games available at the factory, and there will be another run of WOZ.

#3338 10 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is the topper centered?

I am quite surprised that with all this talk about the topper being off center that these same people haven't noticed that the LE number plate is crooked.

#3339 10 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Adjust the chest mech release timing up to 4 or 5. Default is 3.

#3340 10 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Bend the mech then. And make sure you are using proper size balls.

#3341 10 months ago

Wow. Pinball News latest interview with JJP... sounds like Pirates manufacturing is done - no more parts on order - and JJP is spinning up for its next title??

Surprising. I guess Pirates sales isn’t going to support a long run

#3342 10 months ago

I love the part where it says Pirates was released in October 2017.

Screenshot_20190204-094813_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3343 10 months ago

Hi guys.
I asked this and nobody responded so I’ll try again.

Any must have protection items needed? Cliffys, mylar, airball protectors, etc?

Your opinions on side-art VS mirrors VS nothing?

I’m trying to order things ahead of time.
Thanks
Nick

#3344 10 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Hi guys.
Thanks
Nick

Nick, for me I feel JJP did a pretty good job of mylaring the crap out of the game and as my game is in a casual home environment I opted to be fine with what they provided. But thats me... As for side art. I had no luck with the mirrors as they were just to tight and would be damaged instantly. Several on this thread (recently) have done side blade art with good/bad results. You might want to wait to see the fit of your game before investing in art. I added some misc (cheap) mylar squares to the shooter lane and on the front lip of the VUK edges and they seem to work fine. I believe Pinball Life sells them cheap in 1" squares. There is also additional mylar protectors in your goodie bag from JJP. Everyone has a different level of ownership. To me it is pinball and scratches like dimples are just normal wear and tear to me. If you feel concerned I would suggest the Cliffy set and order soon as he is typically a few weeks behind in shipping. Hope this helps?

#3345 10 months ago

Hi guys.
Thanks
Nick

Most mylar is installed already in the drop spots, don't need more.
Cliffy's yes, but some are hard to install for newbie's.
I hear it's really tight for mirror blades, or art blades.
Get the mod couple mods, pick and choose the ones you like.

#3346 10 months ago

Hi guys.
Thanks
Nick

Check some of my posts and images as well. I had been asking this prior to delivery and essentially moved forward on my own. Some of what I listed, with pics may help.

#3347 10 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nick, for me I feel JJP did a pretty good job of mylaring the crap out of the game and as my game is in a casual home environment I opted to be fine with what they provided. But thats me... As for side art. I had no luck with the mirrors as they were just to tight and would be damaged instantly. Several on this thread (recently) have done side blade art with good/bad results. You might want to wait to see the fit of your game before investing in art. I added some misc (cheap) mylar squares to the shooter lane and on the front lip of the VUK edges and they seem to work fine. I believe Pinball Life sells them cheap in 1" squares. There is also additional mylar protectors in your goodie bag from JJP. Everyone has a different level of ownership. To me it is pinball and scratches like dimples are just normal wear and tear to me. If you feel concerned I would suggest the Cliffy set and order soon as he is typically a few weeks behind in shipping. Hope this helps?

Quoted from pingod:

Most mylar is installed already in the drop spots, don't need more.
Cliffy's yes, but some are hard to install for newbie's.
I hear it's really tight for mirror blades, or art blades.
Get the mod couple mods, pick and choose the ones you like.

Quoted from dnaman:

Check some of my posts and images as well. I had been asking this prior to delivery and essentially moved forward on my own. Some of what I listed, with pics may help.

You guys are awesome. I appreciate your input. Thank you

#3348 10 months ago

You guys are awesome. I appreciate your input. Thank you

I also had bad luck with mirrors AND side art. They don't take that long to ship...so wait and see what your cabinet looks like as far as room. I do not see a need for cliffys on this one but personal preference with your comfort level comes first. For me, it is pinball and HUO is unlikely to cause major damage. Check out Mod couple's stuff. I would recommend the Dead men tell no tales sign, the pile of gold around the action button, the cannon, and the rails for the Dauntless for sure. I really like the shooter rod sign and my whole family (and friends) love Jack the Monkey. Have fun with your game.

#3349 10 months ago

In case anyone else has this issue. During my party last night, the left ship flipper would not consistently flip fully. On coil test it flipped fully every time. EOS switch looked good and the bat was tight. Turned out that increasing power to 24 (default is 19 I think) fixed it. Not sure if it was just my game or that all my games were running and maybe were getting slightly less power. But, there you go community in case someone else experiences this.

#3350 10 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I also had bad luck with mirrors AND side art. They don't take that long to ship...so wait and see what your cabinet looks like as far as room. I do not see a need for cliffys on this one but personal preference with your comfort level comes first. For me, it is pinball and HUO is unlikely to cause major damage. Check out Mod couple's stuff. I would recommend the Dead men tell no tales sign, the pile of gold around the action button, the cannon, and the rails for the Dauntless for sure. I really like the shooter rod sign and my whole family (and friends) love Jack the Monkey. Have fun with your game.

Thanks so much for the kind feedback. If you have time, could you post a picture of the pinstadium lights results here or in the PS thread. Considering it just not sure if I should make the leap. Thanks!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 43.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ
$ 28.00
There are 13226 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 265.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside