(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 378.
#3251 5 years ago

I found that Cliff Notes thread to be the most helpful to follow along. Wish he would totally finish it but once you understand the basics of it most comes together rather well.

#3252 5 years ago

I’m back in Texas working on PIN number one - the shooter rod contacts the auto plunger robbing power which the CA pin doesn’t do.

Does this look normal? Trying to determine if the auto plunge needs adjustment or the rod assembly itself.

57F274DB-99A9-4E5E-BEDC-558B63D6D913 (resized).jpeg57F274DB-99A9-4E5E-BEDC-558B63D6D913 (resized).jpeg
#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

For starting with only a general idea/plan on how to take the it all apart, I’d say it can take around 30 minutes to an hour if you take your time. My friend had to take off and return with a deep socket set that I didn’t yet have. Some of the nylon washers are deep enough onto posts that you really need this tool to carry forward. You will also likely need a needle nose pliers to keep the post from rotating underneath while you work the nylon nut off.
I’ve had the upper playfield off before, asking my wife to just hold onto the upper playfield while I did some maintence. It starts to get uncomfortable after awhile to just sit there and hold onto it. The only thing I would make sure to take my time on (with help of friend) is feeding those seven cables up from the bottom because they’re fed thru a hole on a plastic and you don’t want to just pull hazard-like. And if you don’t disconnect the upper playfield entirely, there isn’t a lot of cable-slack to maneuver around with and there is really no good place to safely set it without chancing breaking something under its weight.
I’m not certain, but it appears that the MAP2 protector (if you get it) co-joins with the MAP protector underneath where the MAP hole guide’s securing screw and post meet. I checked the inside back of my MAP hole and I didn’t see anything (yet) that would’ve warranted installing the MAP2 Cliffy, but it’s up to you.
UPDATED 01/31:
Can you get away with doing it all by yourself? Today, I had to make an adjustment to the MAP cliffy as its not sitting completely flat. I got the ship completely out and replaced all by myself without any help and I did it in under 15 minutes. Practice makes perfect I guess.
I may need to make another adjustment to the Cliffy in the future as its now sitting flatter to the playfield, but not perfectly. The adhesive on the Cliffy does not seem to be holding it entirely flat due to the pressure from the screw and post behind the MAP ball guide.

Thank you!

#3254 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m back in Texas working on PIN number one - the shooter rod contacts the auto plunger robbing power which the CA pin doesn’t do.
Does this look normal? Trying to determine if the auto plunge needs adjustment or the rod assembly itself.
[quoted image]

Hard to see if anything on the auto plunger is off. My shooter rod was also hitting the auto plunger. I adjusted the manual plunger by moving its housing around. Took 3 or 4 attempts to perfectly center it, but now works great. I'd start with the manual plunger housing so that rod is perfectly centered in relation to the auto plunger. If that doesn't fix it, then you have an issue with the auto plunger.

#3255 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Hard to see if anything on the auto plunger is off. My shooter rod was also hitting the auto plunger. I adjusted the manual plunger by moving its housing around. Took 3 or 4 attempts to perfectly center it, but now works great. I'd start with the manual plunger housing so that rod is perfectly centered in relation to the auto plunger. If that doesn't fix it, then you have an issue with the auto plunger.

Thanks! I did the same. It did take some finagling but now it’s great. I do need to add a washer to the auto plunger to reduce its side/side motion as it still occasionally contacts the plunger lightly if it’s slid over too far. Easy peasy.

#3256 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Ever since playing the 3 disc prototype at Golden State last May I've been itching to own this beautiful game. Super stoked!

ok, i haven't been following the disc thing, so 3 was dropped to a single?

good or bad?

#3257 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

good or bad?

It was controversial when it happened, and many people pulled their preorders (myself included.)
But what we didn’t realize was just how strong all the REST of the game still is, and that it totally stands alone as a top 10 pin without it.

#3258 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Printing now! What's the best way to attach the cannon? I'm thinking rubber cement?

Double-sided adhesive tape like "tesa Powerstrips"

#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Clever idea ... not sure if it would fit if the blades/mirrors/artwork barely fits?

it's tight, but then it just scratches the "ASSEMBLY BLADES"

#3260 5 years ago

My manual plunger was already low as it could go and just hitting the auto, so I used a dremel to grind away a little where it was hitting the auto plunger. Works great now.

#3261 5 years ago

I just removed one of the washers that was contacting the auto plunger. That did the trick

#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My manual plunger was already low as it could go and just hitting the auto, so I used a dremel to grind away a little where it was hitting the auto plunger. Works great now.

the other option is to loosen the shooter rod housing, add a washer between the bottom of the housing and the cabinet. then tighten the housing back up. this will cause the tip of the shooter rod to tilt down ever so slightly and make it so it doesn't hit the auto launch.

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

good or bad?

play-wise... i think the single disc probably affects the ball much more than the triple disc. so that might be a change that was for the better.

it is kind of a bummer that you don't get to see your map mystery rewards line up with the triple disc on the playfield but its a pretty minor loss in my mind.

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

play-wise... i think the single disc probably affects the ball much more than the triple disc. so that might be a change that was for the better.

Agreed. Would like to play a proto game someday to compare, but if I had to guess the single disc ball action probably results in more interesting gameplay.

Quoted from anathematize:

it is kind of a bummer that you don't get to see your map mystery rewards line up with the triple disc on the playfield but its a pretty minor loss in my mind.

The screen animation is fine--most people say they really like it--and you avoid the added noise and additional possible points of failure of the 3 concentric physical rings. The ring change is not an issue to me and if anything I would say the production version and the adjustments made to get there represent a great solution. Best possible? Dunno, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

#3265 5 years ago

The electronic randomizer seems to leave out some of the more insane combinations. Did the physical one do this too? I've always waited for something crazy like "plunder - 6 - ball"

#3266 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Agreed. Would like to play a proto game someday to compare, but if I had to guess the single disc ball action probably results in more interesting gameplay.

The screen animation is fine--most people say they really like it--and you avoid the added noise and additional possible points of failure of the 3 concentric physical rings. The ring change is not an issue to me and if anything I would say the production version and the adjustments made to get there represent a great solution. Best possible? Dunno, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

The 3-disc version was SUPER cool looking. But because the discs were all spinning at different velocities so close to one another.. the ball would kinda jiggle around until it wobbled to the outside of the larger disc. I totally understand the decision to change the mech since it was a PITA to maintain apparently. And if it didn’t affect the ball hardly.. why make trouble down the road for yourself?

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The 3-disc version was SUPER cool looking. But because the discs were all spinning at different velocities so close to one another.. the ball would kinda jiggle around until it wobbled to the outside of the larger disc. I totally understand the decision to change the mech since it was a PITA to maintain apparently. And if it didn’t affect the ball hardly.. why make trouble down the road for yourself?

But you can't deny the spinning LED inserts in those disks was pretty dam cool and innovative. Yes they did the right thing and the end result was More than acceptable but there is no argument that original design was over the top creative genius!!! Wish it worked.

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

But you can't deny the spinning LED inserts in those disks was pretty dam cool and innovative. Yes they did the right thing and the end result was More than acceptable but there is no argument that original design was over the top creative genius!!! Wish it worked.

Agreed, and it was even cooler because it fit the theme. Oh well! As others have said, losing it would hurt a lot more if the rest of the game wasn't so balls-out awesome.

#3269 5 years ago

Sorry to bother your small talk but I have a serious problem. Received the machine yesterday. Having a party tonight and my Black Pearl stopped moving!

It’s hanging to the left. My girls were playing so did not see what happened

First thing the machine says:
Switch#48 Target Ship is stuck closed
I solved that problem by moving the English ship a bit. They are good in switch test now

But. The Black Pearl is still not moving!!

Did also the ship test but no luck. Since I cannot reach the Pirates manual from the JJP website (dont know why yet) I’m stuck now

Can someone please assist

Thanks so much!
Peter

#3270 5 years ago

It moves a bit in the Ship Test
It moves left. Then moves right. Also center.
Then it stops doings test. Now its stuck again

Also did Force Recalibration.

#3271 5 years ago

The Black pearl Motor inner opto is black. I saw it green as well when it was working in tests just a minute ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3272 5 years ago

I did a restart and now it is in Full left position when I look at the screen.

In the picture
It show the right (motor inner opto) in green now as well.

Still no luck to move the ship again in testmode nor in gameplay

A1917AE0-058E-4B4D-A816-2ADFE002C221 (resized).jpegA1917AE0-058E-4B4D-A816-2ADFE002C221 (resized).jpeg
#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

I did a restart and now it is in Full left position when I look at the screen.
In the picture
It show the right (motor inner opto) in green now as well.
Still no luck to move the ship again in testmode nor in gameplay
[quoted image]

There are Several helpful posts in this thread to adjust this issue if you scan back a few posts. Specifically search for posts from #ZaphX He has done a good job of documenting and helping others with issues such as this. I would start with the bracket Behind the rear playfield upright that moves the ship. Specifically the linkage connection and the cotter pin that connects it.

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There are Several helpful posts in this thread to adjust this issue if you scan back a few posts. Specifically search for posts from #ZaphX He has done a good job of documenting and helping others with issues such as this. I would start with the bracket Behind the rear playfield upright that moves the ship. Specifically the linkage connection and the cotter pin that connects it.

Yeah definitely look at that linkage, if it is misconfigured and the ship tops out or bottoms out against the slot on the back of the playfield, it won’t have full range of motion except at very high speeds.

If your calibration test won’t go down to single digits I’d definitely suspect this.

#3275 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

my Black Pearl stopped moving!

See this metal thing with the two screws, hooks the motor to the black pearl ? Un clip it and see if it moves freely. If so, then loosen the screws and adjust the metal bar so it doesn't bind things.

LTG : )

potcship (resized).jpegpotcship (resized).jpeg
#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No argument - I'm just saying I understand the design decision, and that the decision didn't actually affect the playability of the game, and (IMO) actually enhanced what it might have been - from a gameplay standpoint. e.g. It would suck if the ball just got stuck there all the time

#3277 5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I got it up and running after Lloyd tip. I just moved the rod and after it it moves again!

Thanks so much!!

#3278 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Thanks for the feedback. I got it up and running after Lloyd tip. I just moved the rod and after it it moves again!
Thanks so much!!

Lloyd is the problem solver and savior to Pinball fact. Now go enjoy friends and the Best Game ever made!!! Arrrghhhh!

#3279 5 years ago

Lloyd is truly the great!

#3280 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Lloyd is truly the great!

Easy now! Don't let his head get Too big now. But as for support and a friend you couldn't find a nicer person anywhere so yes Great is fitting.

#3281 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

So pissed right now. Bought Tilt graphics "Kraken" art blades. They looked beautiful. One side done, then moved to next side. Then lowered playfield and RIP! Both sides tore. This cabinet is so damn tight there is no room. Mirrors=scratched. Art blades=torn. Screw you JJP! I will get over it...but pissed at the moment. My advice...leave the sides alone.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well, got mine in and they are perfect. Does not rub the sides at all. But, I also have the Pinstadium magnets in there. They get scraped first and actually save the side art. I love the graphics. Exactly what I was looking for. Hard to get a good shot of them.

C58B5BF9-FF51-4BE5-950C-383489133871 (resized).jpegC58B5BF9-FF51-4BE5-950C-383489133871 (resized).jpeg7A56C020-7F3B-4CA0-A6ED-DB3FD1F84F04 (resized).jpeg7A56C020-7F3B-4CA0-A6ED-DB3FD1F84F04 (resized).jpeg9FAB5A84-7666-4557-8DF5-07B7B00F1166 (resized).jpeg9FAB5A84-7666-4557-8DF5-07B7B00F1166 (resized).jpeg
#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Is there a video anywhere showing how to remove the ship safely? I have a wire off (green-brown) as all the switches in the column are not working. Stuck my finger underneath and gently wiggled things around a bit with one of the switches pressed in, and it registered, so I'm sure that's where the problem is. Damnit!

Must say I was dreading removing the ship, but following LTG’s instructions, it was reasonably easy (sorry about the rubbish pic).

Laid the ship on its side, and when I got under there, the brown/green wire was off because it had broken at the insulation. Must say, the factory soldering job was sloppy at best. It looked like a blindfolded five year old had played 'pin the tail on the donkey' with a soldering iron while dizzy on lemonade. The loom at this point was too tight, so I removed a couple of wire ties.

Getting the ship back on again was another matter, although I’m sure this gets easier with practise. So, the Black Pearl is up and running again. What a great game. Thanks LTG.

LOOM (resized).jpgLOOM (resized).jpg
#3283 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

My gate that releases the chest multball lost a screw this morning. To fix it, remove the solenoid from the back and the assembly comes out. The other screw was loose too. [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. This happened to me as well yesterday. I cannot find the second screw but Im happy to read that removing the solonoid is enough to solve the problem.

#3284 5 years ago

Ok, so I had a problem with the balls not releasing in the trunk. Turns out my balls were too big! I got them from The Ball Baron. Where does everyone get their pinballs? I've heard that some of the shinier ones don't react to magnets as well.

#3285 5 years ago

Getting the ship back in is really a struggle every time for me. I have no tips. I’ve done it 3 times and it just *doesn’t seem to fit* back in. Until it does.

Quoted from FlippinJB:

Must say I was dreading removing the ship, but following LTG’s instructions, it was reasonably easy (sorry about the rubbish pic).
Laid the ship on its side, and when I got under there, the brown/green wire was off because it had broken at the insulation. Must say, the factory soldering job was sloppy at best. It looked like a blindfolded five year old had played 'pin the tail on the donkey' with a soldering iron while dizzy on lemonade. The loom at this point was too tight, so I removed a couple of wire ties.
Getting the ship back on again was another matter, although I’m sure this gets easier with practise. So, the Black Pearl is up and running again. What a great game. Thanks LTG.
[quoted image]

#3286 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Getting the ship back in is really a struggle every time for me. I have no tips. I’ve done it 3 times and it just *doesn’t seem to fit* back in. Until it does.

Agreed. I was flapping about with it for ages. The only tip I would give is to get the front part of the ship under the ramp first, and than wiggle things around gently.

#3287 5 years ago

Ok, so I had a problem with the balls not releasing in the trunk. Turns out my balls were too big! I got them from The Ball Baron. Where does everyone get their pinballs? I've heard that some of the shinier ones don't react to magnets as well.

Say what?? I highly doubt they are selling oversized balls unless you were just making a comical statement?

#3288 5 years ago

Hi guys.

Any must have protection items needed for POTC? Cliffys, mylar, airball protectors, etc?

How about side-art VS mirrors VS nothing?

Thanks in advance.
Nick

#3289 5 years ago

Having played the prototype briefly I feel the single disc effects the ball much more.

Since I haven't followed this thread recently, I wondered if there was any resolution to the ball getting stuck under the Tortuga? Both location machines I play have the same issue, one that really interrupts game play.

I'm visiting Florida and have gone to to the silverball museum several times and requested (in the suggestion box) they get Pirates. Hopefully they will.

#3290 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Say what?? I highly doubt they are selling oversized balls

It happens. I've seen at shows two boxes with balls. Regular for pinball. And larger ( for bingo games ? ) I bought some one time and sure enough had one larger one that got mixed in.

#3291 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Say what?? I highly doubt they are selling oversized balls unless you were just making a comical statement?

Actually, this makes sense (to me at least). Ive always been suspect to Ball Baron’s balls. I tried them in both my SW and IMDN. They felt....different. Hard to explain but the Game was easier, slightly floaty returning back to the flippers. I kept quiet cause i thought it was me. But putting standard balls (Marco) back, game felt normal and fast.

#3292 5 years ago

Never had an issue with the Ninjas in any of my machines. I’ve been through quite a few as I change them out often.

#3293 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It happens. I've seen at shows two boxes with balls. Regular for pinball. And larger ( for bingo games ? ) I bought some one time and sure enough had one larger one that got mixed in.

Did not know that guess I need to verify with the micrometer more often never would have thought they could do that. Learn something new everyday Thanks LTG!

#3294 5 years ago

JJPOTC #900 reporting in! I got it set up last night right next to its cousin and played it all the way through midnight. What a machine! Very impressed so far.

Believe it or not, I've read through every post in this thread in preparation for receiving my game. I was anticipating having to make adjustments and fixes... But my POTC worked perfectly out of the box.

Still working on learning the shots and wrapping my head around the ruleset- and still getting used to the fact that this machine takes your picture- every high score entry has me making a dumb face at the screen! Ha!

P_20190202_092622 (resized).jpgP_20190202_092622 (resized).jpg
#3295 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Did not know that guess I need to verify with the micrometer more often never would have thought they could do that. Learn something new everyday

And Truck Stop used smaller, 1", balls.

#3296 5 years ago

So where is a good place to buy some pinballs? Everyone I've found is trying to charge $9 and $12 for shipping and that seems ridiculous.

#3297 5 years ago

Everyone I've found is trying to charge $9 and $12 for shipping and that seems ridiculous.

I usually go with Pinball Life.

Shipping can run high, balls aren't light.

#3298 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I usually go with Pinball Life.
Shipping can run high, balls aren't light.

They seem to be out. That sucks because I just ordered a part from them and could have combined.

#3299 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Well, got mine in and they are perfect. Does not rub the sides at all. But, I also have the Pinstadium magnets in there. They get scraped first and actually save the side art. I love the graphics. Exactly what I was looking for. Hard to get a good shot of them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look as good as I thought they would! I was hesitant to install mine until i had an extra pair of hands to help.

I also have my pinstadium lights ready to install at the same time. Where did you hook up the UV glow flasher?

Any other notes that might be helpful?

#3300 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Well, got mine in and they are perfect. Does not rub the sides at all. But, I also have the Pinstadium magnets in there. They get scraped first and actually save the side art. I love the graphics. Exactly what I was looking for. Hard to get a good shot of them.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look great. Guess my cabinet is tighter for some reason. I tried twice (repaired them and tried again). Oh well. Glad it is just mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/66?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.