(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,024 posts
  • 476 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by MurphyPeoples
  • Topic is favorited by 222 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,278 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_230337 (resized).jpg
20191116_140814 (resized).jpg
20191115_190558 (resized).jpg
GIF-191114_223447 (resized).png
IMG_0086 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0077 (002) (resized).jpg
678A8AC9-EEFD-414A-8CF4-2A19FF9FB727 (resized).jpeg
127996A1-64F7-4385-BDA3-AC6B165DBA5F (resized).jpeg
42E58E05-D832-427D-9962-7BA05CDAAAA7 (resized).jpeg
229BD32B-9F41-4BE1-BFC5-CD723A59520C (resized).jpeg
98407DFF-5970-457D-8285-8D2EE942AD28 (resized).jpeg
3972995E-AE77-4A6F-BB41-463E01C2DC29 (resized).jpeg
469B3A96-B426-4162-BA85-78056D5D8A28 (resized).jpeg
1FD43333-D654-432F-AD2A-1784E352FE3B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13024 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 261.
#3051 9 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just a thought … there is no Kraken in the game or a related multiball, etc.

Not to pile on, but this was written, 'matter of fact'.

#3052 9 months ago

This game probably has the most involved and deepest code ever so I don't want to come across as greedy but I have lots of time to think at work ... and I thought it would be cool if they showed the passage of time while playing the game .For example if you played for say 5 minutes or achieved a certain amount of stuff in the game the lights could go orange to represent a sunrise or a sunset and then darker and have lights twinkling to represent night time and normal lighting for daytime and at the end of the game it could tell you how many days sailed . If all of that was too complicated or couldn't be done what about some random thunderstorms with rumbling Thunder flashing lights and rain and drops of water running down the map on the back screen , to help give you the atmosphere so you really feel as though you're at sea .

#3053 9 months ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Not trying to go all biblical here, but it’d be nice if they stayed away from using 666 in some sort of “award” sequence.

666666 has no biblical reference whatsoever. 666 does though - that’s the mark of the beast, not 666666. They are literally 666,000 numbers away from each other.

#3054 9 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

666666 has no biblical reference whatsoever. 666 does though - that’s the mark of the beast, not 666666. There a literally 666,000 numbers away from each other.

Not to mention that even the "666" number is disputed because of the complicated translation issues the bible has

#3055 9 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just a thought … there is no Kraken in the game or a related multiball, etc.

Like Keefer said, it's in there:

#3056 9 months ago

There is also a Kraken video clip where it just sucks a ship down into the ocean. Comes up randomly after draining a ball.

#3057 9 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is also a Kraken video clip where it just sucks a ship down into the ocean. Comes up randomly after draining a ball.

And if you beat the Kraken wizard mode there is an awesome clip of the Kraken from the movie.

#3058 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I've never seen it feed directly to the flipper nor do I think they layed it out to be a smooth predictable out-feed. More of a random pinball type exit. Haven't had any issues with it granted I don't play well enough to judge the design. lol

OK - so it's not intended to roll back to the flipper then? Interesting.

#3059 9 months ago

Just got an email that my LE should be shipping this week and be in my hands sometime next week. Can't wait!

#3060 9 months ago

Since the bracket for the topper on the LE version is not centered correctly, has anybody tried moving it? How is it attached?

#3061 9 months ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Since the bracket for the topper on the LE version is not centered correctly, has anybody tried moving it? How is it attached?

According to the manual it is just two screws. I plan to try and fix it this weekend and will report back.

#3062 9 months ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I'm interested in seeing if this is fixed on mine. I'm pretty anal about stuff like that.

#3063 9 months ago

Can pirates be connected to pinnovators 4 in 1 subwoofer mixer? I tried a 3.5mm y split but when plugged in I get nothing on the sub.

#3064 9 months ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

...other than wizard mode 2...

Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Like Keefer said, it's in there:

My mistake … never saw it personally or in about 10 streams that I watched and believed someone else in another thread that it wasn't in there. I guess I should have worded it less 'matter of fact'. Sorry. Glad that it is in there - looks interesting from the Buffalo Pinball link. Thanks for correcting me so that I know.

#3065 9 months ago

Just for fun, you can watch me cry as my 15 year old flogs me on Pirates.

#3066 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Can pirates be connected to pinnovators 4 in 1 subwoofer mixer? I tried a 3.5mm y split but when plugged in I get nothing on the sub.

I believe your problem probably is the line level on the POTC. It is really low. I had to add a pre-amp to it to get the external to work well.

#3067 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You don't have to Pass on Plundering nor do you have to play with gentleman to have an agreement. You simply agree to shut off that feature as Keefer designed it. They understood when creating the game it had to have the ability to be tournament rules compliant. Still say for the 99% that don't play competitively and just to have fun with friends the plunder adds a Completely new and Fun perspective on playing. Love it!

i'm playing mostly on location. we don't really have the option to set the rules to tournament settings whenever we feel like it. so - unfortunately - we have to use archaic methods like the old-fashioned gentelman's agreement... in a game about pirating lol!

#3068 9 months ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I believe your problem probably is the line level on the POTC. It is really low. I had to add a pre-amp to it to get the external to work well.

If I tap off the cabinet subwoofer directly, would I still need a preamp or is that signal strong enough since it is directly to the sub?

#3069 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

If I tap off the cabinet subwoofer directly, would I still need a preamp or is that signal strong enough since it is directly to the sub?

There is a volume adjustment on the pinovators mixer box for each input. Did you crank that all the way up?

#3070 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

That is the amplified signal. I have not done it but it is definitely amplified.

#3071 9 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There is a volume adjustment on the pinovators mixer box for each input. Did you crank that all the way up?

If it is just a mixer and not a powered amp, you will need that all the way up and your sub all the way up. When I had it direct, I had to turn the sub to max volume. Didn’t want to do that as the speaker pops may have damaged the sub. Amazon has a very cheap pre amp you can add in.

#3072 9 months ago

Just looked...not exactly very cheap...$50.

Mini High-Gain Stereo Audio Booster With Volume Control amazon.com link »

But it works.

#3073 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I taped off the sub in the cab directly, and have no problems..

#3074 9 months ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I taped off the sub in the cab directly, and have no problems..

Same here, no problems. Sounds great.

#3075 9 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - so it's not intended to roll back to the flipper then? Interesting.

not so fast! I think that's his opinion. I think if you make a intended shot the ball should feed back to you, not so much a rule, more of a guide line .
I would like to here from other owners about how there's work.

#3076 9 months ago

Thanks guys! Just found out that Pinnovators makes a "universal" tap off the cabinet sub that works with their mixer. You can order as Posi Tap connector or connector that goes to the extra lugs. I'm going to give that a try. Will report back.

#3077 9 months ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I taped off the sub in the cab directly

What external sub are you guys going with and what do you mean by tapped? Are you just soldering in with another set of wires?

#3078 9 months ago

2 hours on the phone with tech help and my auto shooter started messing up again 3 games after we finished.
Going to try something when I get home and then call again. Just super bummed I can't get a game in without frustration.

#3079 9 months ago

I've never had an issue with any machine I've owned in regards to sub hook up. I simply solder wires directly to the subwoofer in the cab and run them to a powered sub. The hobbit rocks and I have that sub on LOW. Is POTC an oddball here for some reason? I sure hope not. The subwoofer is the first thing/mod I hook up!

#3080 9 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've never had an issue with any machine I've owned in regards to sub hook up. I simply solder wires directly to the subwoofer in the cab and run them to a powered sub. The hobbit rocks and I have that sub on LOW. Is POTC an oddball here for some reason? I sure hope not. The subwoofer is the first thing/mod I hook up!

Not with that method. I just wanted a less permanent method with a Y cable on the 3.5mm jack. The Y cable on the line level is the issue, not if you tap after the amp.

#3081 9 months ago

For a less-permanent solution, you don't have to solder cables to the cabinet speaker. There is a second set of terminals, so just crimp quick-connects on to the end of your speaker cable and attach it that way.

#3082 9 months ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

For a less-permanent solution, you don't have to solder cables to the cabinet speaker. There is a second set of terminals, so just crimp quick-connects on to the end of your speaker cable and attach it that way.

Or even alagater clips..

#3083 9 months ago

For me, I'm using the Pinnovators 4 in 1 mixer to hook 4 games that can run simultaneously off of one sub. Last night my son and I played Hobbit and WOZ and sub was able to mix them so that each of us could hear our own games. Worked really well. Of course, Hobbit is the king when it comes to how great the sub works. Smaug shakes the room when he talks now...and we love it...well, maybe not my wife...but the kids and I do!

#3084 9 months ago

I am pretty sure pirates was part of IFPA North American Pinball Championships. Does anyone have a link to a video of pirates being played?

#3085 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

For me, I'm using the Pinnovators 4 in 1 mixer to hook 4 games that can run simultaneously off of one sub. Last night my son and I played Hobbit and WOZ and sub was able to mix them so that each of us could hear our own games. Worked really well. Of course, Hobbit is the king when it comes to how great the sub works. Smaug shakes the room when he talks now...and we love it...well, maybe not my wife...but the kids and I do!

On my DI, I looked up in the manual which post amp connection is use after the amp that goes directly to the sub. Not sure if it is the same connection on pirates, but it was the top connection on the metal box in the backbox. I'll be getting my Pirates pin next week, so if it is different, I'll be bugging you for what you did.

#3086 9 months ago

What colored flipper rubbers are you guys going with? Brand? Got any pics?

#3087 9 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I just ordered a full set of rubbers from Titan Pinball. I chose the original color scheme.

#3088 9 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

One sub powers four games accurately? I guess I'm just I'll school as I go 1 sub per game alligator clips ftw

#3089 9 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

One sub powers four games accurately? I guess I'm just I'll school as I go 1 sub per game alligator clips ftw

Them subs ain't cheap! Lol

#3090 9 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

3 games right next to each other with the sub under the middle works just fine. When you add a fourth, the sound is too far away for my liking. The sound doesn't get distorted at all. At least at a loud talker level of loudness.

#3091 9 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I wouldn't go past 2. There is just no way one sub could handle input from all 4 games and sound great. It might get you by, but no way it's ideal.

#3092 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

... and I thought it would be cool if they showed the passage of time while playing the game .For example if you played for say 5 minutes or achieved a certain amount of stuff in the game the lights could go orange to represent a sunrise or a sunset and then darker and have lights twinkling to represent night time and normal lighting for daytime and at the end of the game it could tell you how many days sailed.

The more we toss around ideas, the better!

I think that the challenge with this one scenario is the basis of playing chapters within movies. The chapters are random (a random 5 of 25 per movie, per game). Each scene is of course based on different times of day. That would clash with an over all, progress approach.

#3093 9 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I opted to go with the Titan Clear on the flippers which slightly brighten up the black flipper area especially after adding the trough LED strip I posted earlier. Works for me and think they look kind of nice.

IMG_1856 (resized).jpg
#3094 9 months ago

Alligator clips directly to the cabinet sub is working great for me.

#3095 9 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The more we toss around ideas, the better!
I think that the challenge with this one scenario is the basis of playing chapters within movies. The chapters are random (a random 5 of 25 per movie, per game). Each scene is of course based on different times of day. That would clash with an over all, progress approach.

I liked the thought of thunderstorms occasionally happening in the background but after watching the above video I think there is just way too much going on which is a good thing ! So I don't think any of my ideas would work . With what I pictured I don't think what was happening in the chapters would make much difference . I also forgot just how good the animation for extra ball is .

#3096 9 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I liked the thought of thunderstorms occasionally happening in the background but after watching the above video I think there is just way too much going on which is a good thing ! So I don't think any of my ideas would work . With what I pictured I don't think what was happening in the chapters would make much difference . I also forgot just how good the animation for extra ball is .

You can simply hold down the flipper button to know the status of every chapter and modes played. No lightening but does give you the info you were looking for.

#3097 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You can simply hold down the flipper button to know the status of every chapter and modes played. No lightening but does give you the info you were looking for.

When I said there was to much going on I meant regarding the lights and call outs to have another layer on top of that for my idea to work not actual game play progress.

#3098 9 months ago
Quoted from wheels:

Alligator clips directly to the cabinet sub is working great for me.

But what type of subs are you guys using. I saw one on crutchfield for 140 with amp. Also it has a left and right input, how would this be hooked up?
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107PSW10B/Polk-Audio-PSW10-Black.html

#3099 9 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

But what type of subs are you guys using. I saw one on crutchfield for 140 with amp. Also it has a left and right input, how would this be hooked up?
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107PSW10B/Polk-Audio-PSW10-Black.html

Um...huh

Polk Audio PSW10 10-Inch Powered Subwoofer (Single, Black) amazon.com link »

Just use one input, it is fine. Additional clips on the pinball cabinet sub speaker to one of the inputs on the external subwoofer.

#3100 9 months ago

Thanks!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester Township, NJ
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 13024 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 261.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside