(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 378.
#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Had my best game yet. At one point, I think the monitor said "66666" or something close to that. I think I had all of the multiballs going at the same time. Anyone know what that was? Whatever was happening, it was fun! The lights, sounds, and call-outs were going crazy. What a great game!

666666 mode happens when you have all 5 of the story multiball's running with a tortuga multiball on top of it (for 6 total multiballs).

i've only managed it a few times in hundreds of games. very nice scoring opportunities when you get all of that rolling!

#3002 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a pretty good maintenance day.
I installed the “subway fix” post.
I adjusted a leaf on the right slingshot that was machine-gunning.
And I adjusted the loose scoop on Tortuga, fixing the SDTMs.
Now I’m having a new problem; twice so far tonight the ball has gotten stuck under the Dauntless after making the bullsye shot.
Any suggestions for this one?[quoted image]

I've had the same issue recently with the ball getting stuck under the Dauntless. I look into it this week when I have time but there is only a post and roll over wire switch below there so I assume that's where the ball is getting hung up....

#3003 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

I've had the same issue recently with the ball getting stuck under the Dauntless. I look into it this week when I have time but there is only a post and roll over wire switch below there so I assume that's where the ball is getting hung up....

Isn’t there a rollover switch there that registers the shot? Check to make sure that switch isn’t hanging the ball up. I remember something similar like this happening to Karl’s game when we were streaming. 2 minute fix.

#3004 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Isn’t there a rollover switch there that registers the shot? Check to make sure that switch isn’t hanging the ball up. I remember something similar like this happening to Karl’s game when we were streaming. 2 minute fix.

Assuming it is that rollover, what is the fix?

#3005 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Slight bend so wire part of the switch isn’t so high up on the playfield.

#3006 5 years ago

is the 666666 mode some sort of hidden thing from there Pirates series?
Don’t recall ever seeing it but there is always something you miss.

#3007 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven't managed to find a reference to it from the movies but its been quite some time since I actually watched any of them with rapt attention.

I kind of assumed it was just a cheeky little addition/easter egg for something that rarely happens during 'normal' gameplay.

#3008 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

I haven't managed to find a reference to it from the movies but its been quite some time since I actually watched any of them with rapt attention.
I kind of assumed it was just a cheeky little addition/easter egg for something that rarely happens during 'normal' gameplay.

Kind of what I figured, was just curious. Things like this are there for a reason and thought it may have been from one of the movies.

#3009 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

When I first saw it, I thought it was a reference to Monster Bash, since MBr was coming out (originally) around the same time. There's a "666666" award in that game, which is incredibly hard to get

#3010 5 years ago

Also in Frankenstein

#3011 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

A few screws on the backboard will allow you to remove the top of the Dauntless. Remove it and play for a while until a hangup, look straight down and snap a picture to share. Let's see what is causing it. Likely the arched rollover switch wire.

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

KevInBuffalo showed off the 666666 mode a few months ago for those interested:
https://clips.twitch.tv/HeadstrongWiseMacaroniDoritosChip

#3013 5 years ago

Seems its a bit of a 'hidden mode' too because I'm not seeing anything regarding 666666 mode in the instruction .pdf.

does anybody know if getting there actually does anything besides the screen animation (and possibly additional audio)? is there an extra multiplier or additional jackpots/rewards?

Hogbog ?

#3014 5 years ago

Seems its a bit of a 'hidden mode' too because I'm not seeing anything regarding 666666 mode in the instruction .pdf.
does anybody know if getting there actually does anything besides the screen animation (and possibly additional audio)? is there an extra multiplier or additional jackpots/rewards?
hogbog ?

I’ve gotten this several times and when I do my scores seem significantly higher than even just a 5 Multiball. But yea get all 6 going and it flashes rainbow colored 6’s across the screen. Hopefully someone can tell us if it adds a bonus of some kind, but it at least feels like it does.

#3015 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’ve gotten this several times and when I do my scores seem significantly higher than even just a 5 Multiball. But yea get all 6 going and it flashes rainbow colored 6’s across the screen. Hopefully someone can tell us if it adds a bonus of some kind, but it at least feels like it does.

yea it definitely results in some high scores but i can't tell if thats just a result of 'getting there' in the first place.

actually having all 6 multiballs rolling - likely with a stack of bonuses, skull bonuses, pirate rewards, map rewards, etc - is pretty much the holy grail of scoring on the game so its pretty natural that you'll really be blowing the game up at that point. extra bonus or not.

its pretty difficult at that point to pay attention to the screen. so i'm pretty much in the dark as well. hopefully one of the jjp guys can shed some light

#3016 5 years ago

Thanks zaphX for all the repair posts. Got my ship rocking correctly after doing the rear bracket adjustment - but so much harder to load the cannon now as it doesn't trap on the left flipper nearly as easily.

Got a group coming over Friday night for some games. Going to play a strikes competition. $1 gold coin in the jar each 4 player game, winner takes the loot! Arrrrrrh.

#3017 5 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thanks zaphX for all the repair posts. Got my ship rocking correctly after doing the rear bracket adjustment - but so much harder to load the cannon now as it doesn't trap on the left flipper nearly as easily.
Got a group coming over Friday night for some games. Going to play a strikes competition. $1 gold coin in the jar each 4 player game, winner takes the loot! Arrrrrrh.

1$ gold coin for Each?? You guys play for Reals!!!! Wow.

#3018 5 years ago

I’ve gotten “Special” a few times - anyone know what that is?

#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

As far as I know, it's just that you have all 6 multiballs going at the same time.

If i recall correctly there is a "secret jackpot" during the 666666 multiball mode.

Quoted from zaphX:

Typically, it's a credit for a free game, but it can probably be set to award points in the settings.

#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Typically, it's a credit for a free game, but it can probably be set to award points in the settings.

Or an extra ball ?

#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You can select what Special hands out and and what score (IE:125,000 etc...) within the setup.

#3022 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

1$ gold coin for Each?? You guys play for Reals!!!! Wow.

If I'm taking him correctly he's just being "on theme" about describing 4-player dollar games, which IIRC was part of the motivation behind building TNA. Credit up, put a dollar in the pingulp and bash until maybe everyone walks away with someone else's dollar, vowing to get theirs back next time.

Say, Keefer-- what about being able to select P1/P3 vs P2/P4 teams at the start of a 4 player?

#3023 5 years ago

One month update, or close to it. LE 63 has been trouble free except for a small chip in the play field at the Tortuga VUK which I immediately touched up and sealed with clear nail polish. We absolutely love this game; a definite long term keeper. Well done Eric and the JJP team. Now, what and when will game 5 be announced? I am hoping to find out at TPF 2019...just being a bit of "piratie" greedy I suppose.

#3024 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

You can select what Special hands out and and what score (IE:125,000 etc...) within the setup.

Given that free games are meaningless, what are people doing for special to make it competitive/fair? I want my scores to remain meaningful.

#3025 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Given that free games are meaningless, what are people doing for special to make it competitive/fair? I want my scores to remain meaningful.

Loving the 'free games' on location!

If I had one at home and was playing for 'pure high scores' I'd probably just turn Specials off in addition to removing plundering and Liars Dice. Seems like some seriously random bonuses can be gained from all of the above.

#3026 5 years ago

Got today my Cliffys for testing and they fits perfect and look great. There are 3 protectors in the set. Notice that these are beta and maybe get some minor changes.

Cliff has them already listed on his webpage
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

So if you want one,send him
Mail

33163607-A034-4A6D-BFF3-24554A40CE4E (resized).jpeg33163607-A034-4A6D-BFF3-24554A40CE4E (resized).jpeg397D4A5A-AA32-4B34-8124-063B60AE0F62 (resized).jpeg397D4A5A-AA32-4B34-8124-063B60AE0F62 (resized).jpeg97A3C62C-89CD-410E-8670-B3F4A61BAEF5 (resized).jpeg97A3C62C-89CD-410E-8670-B3F4A61BAEF5 (resized).jpeg
#3027 5 years ago

Loving the 'free games' on location!
If I had one at home and was playing for 'pure high scores' I'd probably just turn Specials off in addition to removing plundering and Liars Dice. Seems like some seriously random bonuses can be gained from all of the above.

I would agree on the Specials but not on the Plundering and Liars dice. Plundering is a Great new feature and always makes things more fun playing with others. As for Liars Dice, unless you pick that captain you rarely actually get it anyway so not really a play distraction in any way. Just Love what they did with every aspect of code and play on this game.

#3028 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Got today my Cliffys for testing and they fits perfect and look great. There are 3 protectors in the set. Notice that these are beta and maybe get some minor changes.
Mail [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That MAP hole Cliffy looks like it will be a PITA to install. Did you have to remove the ship and such?

#3029 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

That MAP hole Cliffy looks like it will be a PITA to install. Did you have to remove the ship and such?

Yes,ship is removed within 5 minutes

#3030 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I actually started putting $1.00 in quarters in my games a while ago. I love it. Free games actually have a meaning now. I get it that they are all still free games, but it makes it more exciting! There is something awesome about actually dropping quarters into a game. It give you that authentic feel.

I like to check coin boxes and see which games I play more based on the loot inside.

I put all of the money from the machines into my kids' savings/investment accounts. Just a little added fluff to what I normally invest for them.

#3031 5 years ago

Also got and installed cliffys today. Take your time with installing!
937C7BC5-C654-412B-BB28-EBC12925D90E (resized).jpeg937C7BC5-C654-412B-BB28-EBC12925D90E (resized).jpegA0BEE60E-30FE-40BE-9B15-09D8290A2424 (resized).jpegA0BEE60E-30FE-40BE-9B15-09D8290A2424 (resized).jpegD1264F25-3A40-4872-BC29-9BCE4E32B61A (resized).jpegD1264F25-3A40-4872-BC29-9BCE4E32B61A (resized).jpeg

7C4C6407-0ABE-4133-8686-2BD48615522B (resized).jpeg7C4C6407-0ABE-4133-8686-2BD48615522B (resized).jpeg
#3032 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Mail [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look great!

For the price of the game JJP should be including these from the factory as they do with the latest Dialed In games.

#3033 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yes,ship is removed within 5 minutes

People keep saying this but I’ve been unable to remove it. I removed the cotter pin on the back motor bar assembly and removed the hex nut behind the pearl. I was able to move it fore and aft slightly but was not able to remove it.

If someone can show the proper Pearl removal in a video it would be nice.

In my case I was trying to get a dropped screw.

#3034 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

People keep saying this but I’ve been unable to remove it. I removed the cotter pin on the back motor bar assembly and removed the hex nut behind the pearl. I was able to move it fore and aft slightly but was not able to remove it.
In my case I was trying to get a dropped screw.

When you remove the screw pull the ship back to the backboard and then with two hands up. You have to push the light reflector on the ramp to the side, so that you have enough space to get it up.

Really not a big deal

#3035 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hopefully Butch will make one.

Pull the black pearl playfield back harder/farther. Try and release from two pivot points.

LTG : )

#3036 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hopefully Butch will make one.
Pull the black pearl playfield back harder/farther. Try and release from two pivot points.
LTG : )

I was pulling it forward towards the front, not towards the backbox. Good to know.

#3037 5 years ago

I was trying to dial in some things and was still having a problem with the devil's triangle. Every time I hit the ball up there I can expect it to come down and hit directly on the top point of the left sling then bounce directly over to the right drain lane, so I end up wasting tilt warning in desperation to try and save it. I took off the mountain and plastic covering the area to try and adjust the outer most ball guide to try and feed the left flipper. but there's only one screw on the end, and it's not slotted. I still was able to manipulate it with the screw loose but nothing seemed to help, any Ideas ? how does your's work?does it feed your flipper ? thanks

#3038 5 years ago

Currently have a woz and Di. No matter i love woz thinking about trading plus cash for a new potc le. Just wondering if anyone has both and could chime in if potc is as fun as woz... ....cant afford all three. So i have to make a choice

#3039 5 years ago

Just a thought … there is no Kraken in the game or a related multiball, etc. Now think of the light show at the end of the game on TH with Smaug breathing fire over the playfield - The displays shows Smaug breathing fire with a blanket of flickering fire waves over the inserts for a few seconds with some deep fire sounding effects. What about at the end of the Pirates game (or lets even say a "good" game measured in some way) a wave of blue flickering water flickers on the inserts with a view of the ocean on the display. Then 2 loud thumps from the shaker and sound effects at the same time. Silence for 2 seconds. Then waves of tentacles start to appear on the inserts then screen. Loud wood splintering sounds with the shaker making some pulses. Then water sounds, bubble sounds with the screen showing an under water shot … fade to black with "Game Over" on the screen.

Well … something like that would be a cool future enhancement and be another JJP epic game ending light show …

#3040 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Currently have a woz and Di. No matter i love woz thinking about trading plus cash for a new potc le. Just wondering if anyone has both and could chime in if potc is as fun as woz... ....cant afford all three. So i have to make a choice

Have just had pirates for about a month now but if I had to get rid of it or WOZ, pirates would be the keeper. Can’t wait until the rules are further developed, but so many variables create all kinds of fun potential and unique scenarios you want to keep chasing. Good luck!

#3041 5 years ago
Quoted from Zaquar:

Have just had pirates for about a month now but if I had to get rid of it or WOZ, pirates would be the keeper. Can’t wait until the rules are further developed, but so many variables create all kinds of fun potential and unique scenarios you want to keep chasing. Good luck!

I have and love both! Now, oddly enough I have a couple of friends who are fans of my WOZ, having played it a few times and both played pirates but went back to WOZ. Odd but true. BTW, POTC isn't going anywhere, they can both walk the plank!

#3042 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I would agree on the Specials but not on the Plundering and Liars dice. Plundering is a Great new feature and always makes things more fun playing with others. As for Liars Dice, unless you pick that captain you rarely actually get it anyway so not really a play distraction in any way. Just Love what they did with every aspect of code and play on this game.

i guess i'm just thinking from a 'purely competitive' aspect where the goal is to remove as much randomness as possible. plundering is GREAT for casual multiplayer games. but its almost been an unspoken rule or gentelmans agreement on our local game that if you are in relatively 'competitive play'... you pass on the plundering every time. but in a casual game with friend... its pirates the whole way down!

liars dice is a little less of an issue but i know i've seen rewards from that in the several hundred thousand point values (values that could make or break a game). whereas other times its just extra tilts, extra treasures, etc. so thats another one that we have just started passing on in games 'that matter' - even though they really all don't matter. its just pinball!

i'm sure eventually there will be an accepted 'competitive play' setting with the code on this game and we'll probably just start playing that way when pride, ego, and 'loser buys the next round' are on the line.

#3043 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

there is no Kraken in the game or a related multiball, etc.

...other than wizard mode 2...

Quoted from KingBW:

Now think of the light show at the end of the game [CHOP]

I spent quite awhile on that sunset.

#3044 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Ah, Sunset!

I viewed it as sinking underwater, slowly.

#3045 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Wait what? The kraken appears? Oh hell yeah.

#3046 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I was trying to dial in some things and was still having a problem with the devil's triangle. Every time I hit the ball up there I can expect it to come down and hit directly on the top point of the left sling then bounce directly over to the right drain lane, so I end up wasting tilt warning in desperation to try and save it. I took off the mountain and plastic covering the area to try and adjust the outer most ball guide to try and feed the left flipper. but there's only one screw on the end, and it's not slotted. I still was able to manipulate it with the screw loose but nothing seemed to help, any Ideas ? how does your's work?does it feed your flipper ? thanks

I never noticed until I read your post but mine currently doesn't feed the flipper directly it does hit the top left but does rebound to a playable spot nearby almost every time. If it's truly meant to feed flipper I'm curious if anyone's does too.... Without tweaking

#3047 5 years ago

i guess i'm just thinking from a 'purely competitive' aspect where the goal is to remove as much randomness as possible. plundering is GREAT for casual multiplayer games. but its almost been an unspoken rule or gentelmans agreement on our local game that if you are in relatively 'competitive play'... you pass on the plundering every time. but in a casual game with friend... its pirates the whole way down!
liars dice is a little less of an issue but i know i've seen rewards from that in the several hundred thousand point values (values that could make or break a game). whereas other times its just extra tilts, extra treasures, etc. so thats another one that we have just started passing on in games 'that matter' - even though they really all don't matter. its just pinball!
i'm sure eventually there will be an accepted 'competitive play' setting with the code on this game and we'll probably just start playing that way when pride, ego, and 'loser buys the next round' are on the line.

You don't have to Pass on Plundering nor do you have to play with gentleman to have an agreement. You simply agree to shut off that feature as Keefer designed it. They understood when creating the game it had to have the ability to be tournament rules compliant. Still say for the 99% that don't play competitively and just to have fun with friends the plunder adds a Completely new and Fun perspective on playing. Love it!

#3048 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I never noticed until I read your post but mine currently doesn't feed the flipper directly it does hit the top left but does rebound to a playable spot nearby almost every time. If it's truly meant to feed flipper I'm curious if anyone's does too.... Without tweaking

I've never seen it feed directly to the flipper nor do I think they layed it out to be a smooth predictable out-feed. More of a random pinball type exit. Haven't had any issues with it granted I don't play well enough to judge the design. lol

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

When I first saw it, I thought it was a reference to Monster Bash, since MBr was coming out (originally) around the same time. There's a "666666" award in that game, which is incredibly hard to get

Not trying to go all biblical here, but it’d be nice if they stayed away from using 666 in some sort of “award” sequence.

#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Not trying to go all biblical here, but it’d be nice if they stayed away from using 666 in some sort of “award” sequence.

They are showing 6 sixes representing the 6 multiballs you have running. Nothing biblical about it unless you let it be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.