(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 378.
#2951 5 years ago

Thanks guys, but this isnt the problem. The switch itself, no matter how hard I have manually pressed it is flaking out. I know the point where the switch mechanism is triggered and via my finger testing, its absolutely having an issue with the internals.
Note: The action button with screw is adjusted and etc.

#2952 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

its absolutely having an issue with the internals.

Get a new switch. If wiring to it is good, and below the lockdown bar receiver.

LTG : )

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get a new switch. If wiring to it is good, and below the lockdown bar receiver.
LTG : )

Yep, just trying to get it asap for league night. Unfortunately getting anything but a voice mail is difficult at the moment. Thats the reason i was hoping i could work on the internals, or just order a part from marcos, pbl, etc... unsure if the switch is proprietary or readily available from somewhere. Do you know LTG?

#2954 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Yep, just trying to get it asap for league night. Unfortunately getting anything but a voice mail is difficult at the moment. Thats the reason i was hoping i could work on the internals, or just order a part from marcos, pbl, etc... unsure if the switch is proprietary or readily available from somewhere. Do you know LTG?

Belay that... just got an email that they shipped me one!

#2955 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Is the switch sticking open, or closed?

#2956 5 years ago

Got my Game today with a manufacturing date of 18 Sept 2018. Are any known issues fixed in the factory with this date ?

#2957 5 years ago

The tortuga VUK is making me want to not play my game lol. The constantly changing strength at which it kicks the ball out is very frustrating, and often kicks SDTM with nothing you can do. I have tightened the scoop screws, but that didn't fix it, and they tend to constantly loosen up again anyways even with some loctite on them. I feel like nut and bolt was the correct call on that scoop here, and the wood screws are a bad call. But, again, that's not really the issue here anyways.

Anyone found a way to fix this frustrating VUK?

#2958 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The tortuga VUK is making me want to not play my game lol. The constantly changing strength at which it kicks the ball out is very frustrating, and often kicks SDTM with nothing you can do. I have tightened the scoop screws, but that didn't fix it, and they tend to constantly loosen up again anyways even with some loctite on them. I feel like nut and bolt was the correct call on that scoop here, and the wood screws are a bad call. But, again, that's not really the issue here anyways.

That tortuga VUK was pissing me off too. I ended up bending the scoop upward slightly and reducing the coil strength and now it kicks out slower and never goes SDTM. The game is brutal enough without those cheap drains.

#2959 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That tortuga VUK was pissing me off too. I ended up bending the scoop upward slightly and reducing the coil strength and now it kicks out slower and never goes SDTM. The game is brutal enough without those cheap drains.

I turned my VUK kickout way down, but the problem I have is that the kickout strength is erratic. So while the first kickout or two might be the "weak" setting I used, the next one will suddenly be strong and SDTM. I could try bending the scoop I guess.

#2960 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

i noticed the machine i play on would have coil strength issues after playing a few games in a row. like you said... the strength of the kick back would really start to get variable.

after a little trial and error and i've found that a simple nudge forward while the lights are flashing to indicate the kick back is coming is enough to tame a bit of the randomness and usually deliver the ball to your right flipper or right inlane(s). once you get the timing down you'll rarely see a SDTM again from this VUK.

yes. i realize its not the most elegant solution nor does it solve any issues you might be having with your coil. but its simple and works until a more concrete solution is found.

#2961 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the switch sticking open, or closed?

Both, but mostly not registering closed. New one is on the way. I will take the one that is malfunctioning apart once the new one arrives just to see what is going on inside.

#2962 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Both, but mostly not registering closed. New one is on the way. I will take the one that is malfunctioning apart once the new one arrives just to see what is going on inside.

I had a sticking microswitch that cured itself miraculously when I loosed a set screw on it. Not sure if we're talking a leaf or a micro here for your problem.

#2963 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I turned my VUK kickout way down, but the problem I have is that the kickout strength is erratic. So while the first kickout or two might be the "weak" setting I used, the next one will suddenly be strong and SDTM. I could try bending the scoop I guess.

Mine exhibited the same behavior with erratic kickout strength. I had to play with with the VUK coil strength settings to get it where I could live with it. Makes the game far more enjoyable when the satisfying Tortuga shot doesn't turn into a cheap SDTM.

#2964 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Is the metal scoop loose? Can you move it left to right?

There are 2 screws under the pop skirt that needed tightening on mine. I'm ejecting to the middle of the left flipper 100% of the time now -- though I'm not sure how long it will last.

go back one page in the thread and you'll see the photos and description that I posted.

#2965 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Is the metal scoop loose? Can you move it left to right?
There are 2 screws under the pop skirt that needed tightening on mine. I'm ejecting to the middle of the left flipper 100% of the time now -- though I'm not sure how long it will last.
go back one page in the thread and you'll see the photos and description that I posted.

The post you quoted, I said the screws were tight. :p Doesn’t fix it.

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a sticking microswitch that cured itself miraculously when I loosed a set screw on it. Not sure if we're talking a leaf or a micro here for your problem.

Yes, its the microswitch for the action button.

15477828447596407813366578804350 (resized).jpg15477828447596407813366578804350 (resized).jpg
#2967 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The post you quoted, I said the screws were tight. :p Doesn’t fix it.

Hahah you're right, my mistake.

Even if they're tight, it still needs to be pointed correctly; mine shifted to the left before I tightened it. But yes, I predict this will be an issue going forward.

#2968 5 years ago

I have chapters sometimes starting at random times. Assuming playfield vibration triggering one of the 5 switches. Need to gap them properly. Looks like it's best to access from below? Don't recall what it looks like below in that area. Anyone else had to access these switches? Best to attack from under the playfield?

#2969 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I have chapters sometimes starting at random times. Assuming playfield vibration triggering one of the 5 switches. Need to gap them properly. Looks like it's best to access from below? Don't recall what it looks like below in that area. Anyone else had to access these switches? Best to attack from under the playfield?

Mine arrived with a stuck switch there. Yes, best to access from below from what I recall. Otherwise you need to take off the ship and a bunch of plastics (something I'm not looking forward to for cleaning/mylaring the starfield area)

#2970 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Mine arrived with a stuck switch there. Yes, best to access from below from what I recall. Otherwise you need to take off the ship and a bunch of plastics (something I'm not looking forward to for cleaning/mylaring the starfield area)

Thank you!

#2971 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Yes, its the microswitch for the action button.[quoted image]

Ah! So is the little red button under the blade sticking? If so, try slightly unscrewing the black screw closest to it.

#2972 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah! So is the little red button under the blade sticking? If so, try slightly unscrewing the black screw closest to it.

The red portion doesn't stick, it just moves correctly, its the registration of the switch open closed state that is flaking out.

Check out the vid. BTW, it behaves the same if its my finger pushing the metal switch arm..i just took this video before I used my finger. You can hear the test screen in the audio.

#2973 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

The red portion doesn't stick, it just moves correctly, its the registration of the switch open closed state that is flaking out.
Check out the vid. BTW, it behaves the same if its my finger pushing the metal switch arm..i just took this video before I used my finger. You can hear the test screen in the audio.

Ah bummer. I guess the switch is just a bad one. At least it won't be too bad to replace.

#2974 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I just received a set of black mirror blades from Pinballdecals. Hoping to install them today and verify fit but I think the darker mirror will be a Great look for this theme.

Did they fit properly? I contacted Joey and he said he did not know for certain.

#2975 5 years ago

We are streaming now at twitch.tv/NSPinball !

Two million plus games so far for the night.

#2976 5 years ago

I zip tied the coil, but that didn't seem to do it. I think my problem is that the auto launch is too loose, too much space between the right clamp and the launcher. I can't seem to find a washer that's thin enough. Hitting the hardware stores today. Am I on the right track?

#2977 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I zip tied the coil, but that didn't seem to do it. I think my problem is that the auto launch is too loose, too much space between the right clamp and the launcher. I can't seem to find a washer that's thin enough. Hitting the hardware stores today. Am I on the right track?

Mine needs that washer too but it is firing perfect so I did not add it yet. Did you move the whole assembly to right as far as it can go? Then up the power to 32 in the settings.

#2979 5 years ago

Both Zach and Greg on SDTM said they loved the game also.

#2980 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Both Zach and Greg on SDTM said they loved the game also.

I’m sorry guys I posted this in the wrong thread

#2981 5 years ago

Let me know if the washer fixes it.

#2982 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I’m sorry guys I posted this in the wrong thread

Random info on Zach and Greg is always welcome

#2983 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ah bummer. I guess the switch is just a bad one. At least it won't be too bad to replace.

Yep, bad microswitch. Replacement fixed it immediately. Took a meter to the bad switch after it was off and confirmed that continuity was intermittent. The switch is sealed, so no real reason to try to investigate further. I will however get a number of these and keep them on hand. As many times as the action button is being used, I can invision a need for a future replacement.

Also, it was interesting to note that the switch connection is soldered, rather than a spade plug.

#2984 5 years ago

Ok, so now I'm at a complete loss on the auto launcher. I've put washers on the plunger to pull it back further away, re-situated the auto housing, zip tied the coil, put a washer in so that it doesn't wiggle as much, tested the range of strength settings, and crimped the prongs to be closer together. There's no reason this shouldn't be working. It seems to get worse the more games we play on it in a row.

#2985 5 years ago

Ok, so now I'm at a complete loss on the auto launcher. I've put washers on the plunger to pull it back further away, re-situated the auto housing, zip tied the coil, put a washer in so that it doesn't wiggle as much, tested the range of strength settings, and crimped the prongs to be closer together. There's no reason this shouldn't be working. It seems to get worse the more games we play on it in a row.

Have you taken a slow motion video of what is going on? Most new smart phones will have a slow motion setting. If you want to send it to me, I will take a look.

[email protected]

#2986 5 years ago

I'll try that out this evening. Thanks

#2987 5 years ago

Is there a rule sheet for the 5 Wizard modes ?

#2988 5 years ago

Here it is. The slow motion shows it hitting the rubber post to the left every time. How do I fix that?

#2989 5 years ago

Here it is. The slow motion shows it hitting the rubber post to the left every time. How do I fix that?

To me it looks like the ball guide rails are slightly bent inward on the right side which is affecting the trajectory. Removing this rail and reshaping it is something I had to do to mine.

I would advise contacting JJP support for walking you through this - I did it to mine but it requires great care and very gentle force applied in a specific way.

#2990 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

For those having trouble with tortuga VUK shooting straight down the middle, or aiming inconsistently regardless of the coil strength, here's what I did.
My two screws were loose on the bracket directing the ball.

I've been experiencing SDTM from Tortuga so while I had the glass off today I checked - sure enough the guide is loose. Thanks for the steps to address this, I am about to fix it myself.

#2991 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To me it looks like the ball guide rails are slightly bent inward on the right side which is affecting the trajectory. Removing this rail and reshaping it is something I had to do to mine.
I would advise contacting JJP support for walking you through this - I did it to mine but it requires great care and very gentle force applied in a specific way.

If that's the issue (hoping not) wouldn't it also do this on the manual plunge?

#2992 5 years ago

Another user reported a similar issue to the behavior in your video. Maybe related?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/12#post-4667372

#2993 5 years ago

It's not a terrible fix, but it does require some care and instruction to avoid messing things up. I'm guessing it has to do with the power applied to the ball, you might be able to replicate it on a specific manual plunge depth.

#2994 5 years ago

I had a pretty good maintenance day.

I installed the “subway fix” post.
I adjusted a leaf on the right slingshot that was machine-gunning.
And I adjusted the loose scoop on Tortuga, fixing the SDTMs.

Now I’m having a new problem; twice so far tonight the ball has gotten stuck under the Dauntless after making the bullsye shot.
Any suggestions for this one?

380F5F32-9096-4EB4-B5D3-47113D3C51D9 (resized).jpeg380F5F32-9096-4EB4-B5D3-47113D3C51D9 (resized).jpeg
#2995 5 years ago

Had my best game yet. At one point, I think the monitor said "66666" or something close to that. I think I had all of the multiballs going at the same time. Anyone know what that was? Whatever was happening, it was fun! The lights, sounds, and call-outs were going crazy. What a great game!

#2996 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had a pretty good maintenance day.
I installed the “subway fix” post.
I adjusted a leaf on the right slingshot that was machine-gunning.
And I adjusted the loose scoop on Tortuga, fixing the SDTMs.
Now I’m having a new problem; twice so far tonight the ball has gotten stuck under the Dauntless after making the bullsye shot.
Any suggestions for this one?[quoted image]

That's a new one I haven't seen. Good luck with the fix and thanks for keeping us up to date with your fixes.

#2997 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes, looks obvious the right guide is pointed to the left causing the ball to hit that post.

#2998 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Had my best game yet. At one point, I think the monitor said "66666" or something close to that. I think I had all of the multiballs going at the same time. Anyone know what that was? Whatever was happening, it was fun! The lights, sounds, and call-outs were going crazy. What a great game!

I just can’t stop playing! And my pinball buddies keep finding their way over to play it too. Did you add your score to Pinside and/or Pindigo app?

#2999 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I just can’t stop playing! And my pinball buddies keep finding their way over to play it too. Did you add your score to Pinside and/or Pindigo app?

No. Feel like I shouldn't because I play 5 ball games. Yes, I know I shouldn't, but I remember 5-ball games from my childhood.

By the way, checked out a few minutes of a recording from your live stream. Very cool!

#3000 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

No. Feel like I shouldn't because I play 5 ball games. Yes, I know I shouldn't, but I remember 5-ball games from my childhood.
By the way, checked out a few minutes of a recording from your live stream. Very cool!

Thanks! We had a good stream Friday night. Two million-plus games and Kraken wizard mode.

I’ll be doing more of this now that I have all the gear. It beats playing alone, and hey if I manage to have a great game I can re-watch it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/60?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.