(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17,649 posts
  • 590 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Tiltbob
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D0C4F1C6-62BA-4818-A012-F5E72A530726 (resized).jpeg
well-bye.gif
IMG_20220515_210606 (resized).jpg
046E6007-1EE0-4E1D-91FB-238961B35F75 (resized).jpeg
3D100B64-8DB3-4D9C-805C-AB39A738A3C0 (resized).jpeg
EE0E6CBC-DE54-4016-AF34-A5AD3CFC12E4 (resized).jpeg
6D49012E-5294-427A-9872-33F11DC4C093 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6862 (resized).jpg
943E0A09-FBFC-4B99-983B-715D3901DFF5 (resized).jpeg
A3B3BA33-C26B-4E62-9361-C8DBFFA9F4A3 (resized).jpeg
634A1991-2E04-4631-A27F-FDDC05B31995 (resized).jpeg
C823AAC4-A9B6-46C5-97E1-AAF3BECC4565 (resized).jpeg
20220419_190642_HDR (resized).jpg
20220419_193820 (resized).jpg
20220419_193828 (resized).jpg
Pirates_2005_film (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 353.
#2901 3 years ago

Has there been any progress on plastic protectors for JJPOTC?

#2902 3 years ago

For those having trouble with tortuga VUK shooting straight down the middle, or aiming inconsistently regardless of the coil strength, here's what I did.

My two screws were loose on the bracket directing the ball.

VUK (resized).png

Unfortunately, this required taking apart the pop to get access under the skirt. A bit of a pain removing Tom and the motor, but easier once I realized the order to do things. (remove Tom using an allen key on the side, not the screws on the top)

What's odd is that these screws seem to be covered by a plate for the vuk assembly on the underside. Presumably the screws aren't actually hitting the plate, but it also means you can't have a locking nut holding these screws in place. I worry that they'll just loosen up again.

plate (resized).png

Also... yes, I'm seeing some minor chipping around the hole. Very disappointing for a HUO, low play game -- but so far the only instance I've seen. I've applied some nail hardener around the edge to hopefully prevent it from getting worse.

#2903 3 years ago

Are cliffys being made yet?

#2904 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Are cliffys being made yet?

Last I heard, Cliff hasn't had access to a playfield for development. I don't think they take anything away from the game at all -- I wonder why they don't come standard, given the chipping problems that the Oz hole had too...

#2905 3 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Last I heard, Cliff hasn't had access to a playfield for development. I don't think they take anything away from the game at all -- I wonder why they don't come standard, given the chipping problems that the Oz hole had too...

I send him some scans, should be ready very soon

#2906 3 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

For those having trouble with tortuga VUK shooting straight down the middle, or aiming inconsistently regardless of the coil strength, here's what I did.
[quoted image]
Unfortunately, this required taking apart the pop to get access under the skirt. A bit of a pain removing Tom and the motor, but easier once I realized the order to do things. (remove Tom using an allen key on the side, not the screws on the top)
What's odd is that these screws seem to be covered by a plate for the vuk assembly on the underside. Presumably the screws aren't actually hitting the plate, but it also means you can't have a locking nut holding these screws in place. I worry that they'll just loosen up again.
[quoted image]
Also... yes, I'm seeing some minor chipping around the hole. Very disappointing for a HUO, low play game -- but so far the only instance I've seen. I've applied some nail hardener around the edge to hopefully prevent it from getting worse.

I appreciated this post as my Tortuga VUK guide was working loose too. I got Tortuga Tom off with a 5/64 allen wrench, but it wasn't clear what you removed to give enough slack to move the white skirt under the motor. What exactly did you loosen to do this? Thanks.

#2907 3 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I appreciated this post as my Tortuga VUK guide was working loose too. I got Tortuga Tom off with a 5/64 allen wrench, but it wasn't clear what you removed to give enough slack to move the white skirt under the motor. What exactly did you loosen to do this? Thanks.

Here's what I did:
1. From underneath, I removed the 2 nuts holding the pop bumper ring and removed it from the yoke:

underside (resized).png

I think this is necessary to allow enough movement topside. It was awkward until I removed the right support.

2. remove Tom using the allen wrench

3. Once you have Tom and his plate off, you'll see the motor (which the plate was attached to). Undo the two screws holding the motor in:

motor screws (resized).png

and pull the motor part way out. I think there should be enough slack in the wire.

4. Next, unscrew the two screws holding down the white pop bumper housing.

Here's a photo where you can see one of them (there are two):

screw (resized).png

Things should be loose enough to get access to the troublesome scoop screws. The motor unplugs from the underside (yellow molex coupler) if you need more slack.

I think that's it... sorry if I missed any steps!

#2908 3 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Tightened the scoop a while ago just to have it loosen again.

#2909 3 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Tightened the scoop a while ago just to have it loosen again.

Yeah, that's my concern too... seems like if the vuk assembly plate isn't actually blocking the screws, it certainly impacts our ability to find a lasting solution. Hoping for someone smarter than me to come up with something!

#2910 3 years ago

removed: double post

#2911 3 years ago

Anyone have any idea where these parts go? Found the plastic bits on the cabinet floor, and the two aluminum spacers sitting on a circuit board after removing the chest fork to tighten the two fork screws.

20190114_192744 (resized).jpg20190114_194410 (resized).jpg20190114_194747 (resized).jpg
#2912 3 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Anyone have any idea where these parts go? Found the plastic bits on the cabinet floor, and the two aluminum spacers sitting on a circuit board after removing the chest fork to tighten the two fork screws.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The pieces are the slide guides on the chest fork assembly. Compare the 2 sides from bottom and you'll see it. Mine did the same thing.

#2913 3 years ago
Quoted from rgzpinx:

The pieces are the slide guides on the chest fork assembly. Compare the 2 sides from bottom and you'll see it. Mine did the same thing.

Oh crap, so they dropped out when i removed the mech?

#2914 3 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Oh crap, so they dropped out when i removed the mech?

They should stay on when you remove the assembly. I think both screws on the one side of mine just came loose. Put them back together and it works good. You should have 2 of each of those parts for that side though.

#2915 3 years ago
Quoted from rgzpinx:

They should stay on when you remove the assembly. I think both screws on the one side of mine just came loose. Put them back together and it works good. You should have 2 of each of those parts for that side though.

Thanks for the help, found the diagram in the manual. Part 27 and etc... basically means i need to find the other parts that are somewhere.

Screenshot_20190114-204703_Drive (resized).jpg
#2916 3 years ago

While we are talking abut those fork screws...has anyone had to tighten them more than once?

I’ve done mine, but every time I fail to load the chest I wonder if they’ve gone loose again.

I may crack it open once more and use some loctite.

#2917 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

While we are talking abut those fork screws...has anyone had to tighten them more than once?
I’ve done mine, but every time I fail to load the chest I wonder if they’ve gone loose again.
I may crack it open once more and use some loctite.

Loctite!

#2918 3 years ago

Was that a vote in favor of using it, or an expression of incredulity I’d consider such a thing?

#2919 3 years ago

And now my pearl has stopped all motion.

Freaking love this game but I'm not the only one that's had a host of issues, I disagree with the posters that keep saying majority of buyers have had zero issues.

They really rushed my LE out. For my first pin purchase (and 10k to boot), having so many game breaking issues on a NIB HUO is disappointing.

#2920 3 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

And now my pearl has stopped all motion.
Freaking love this game but I'm not the only one that's had a host of issues, I disagree with the posters that keep saying majority of buyers have had zero issues.
They really rushed my LE out. For my first pin purchase (and 10k to boot), having so many game breaking issues on a NIB HUO is disappointing.

I have to agree that there are issues that feel like a lack of quality control. Simple things, like the fact that i had stuck switches, a cabinet rail stop block that is just missing, action button that needed replacement, decor falling off, holes not drilled for the topper, playfields chipping, etc...

While nothing is drastic in my case, it just feels like a lack of love from the people actually turning the screws. Granted in low unemployment its probably difficult to find an assembly line staffed with people that love and play pinball. That being said, someone should make sure that with a premium price comes a premium review before the unit goes out the door.

In short, there is room for process improvement on a game that was already delayed... a game that really is fun to play and deserves to reach buyers that arent just pinball geeks that can fix these issues.

#2921 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

lol. Thanks.
Installed a few of the Mod Couples mods last night and adjusted the ship, which wasn't rocking all the way to the right.
Everything is working great now. Still struggling to get a monster game but it's starting to come together.
By FAR, the best game JJP has made to date.

Can you let me know what you did to fix the ship movement? Mine tests fine but in game play only goes level and to the left. thanks.

#2922 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Can you let me know what you did to fix the ship movement? Mine tests fine but in game play only goes level and to the left. thanks.

Did you confirm it has full range of motion? Is the “pin” passing through the rear of the cabinet hitting the top or bottom f the slot? I had and fixed this issue earlier in the thread.

#2923 3 years ago

Are they just two wood screws holding the bracket ? If so, with the pounding it will cop over time I would've thought they would go with nut and bolts or " T " nuts.

IMG_20190115_190556 (resized).jpg
#2924 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Was that a vote in favor of using it, or an expression of incredulity I’d consider such a thing?

Yes, in support of using it. Maybe others can ring in if it has helped. There seems to be some discussion about the design of this, IE: not having a nut below etc... Maybe a thin locking washer below the head would work?

I've had to tighten the bolts once myself. If it's an issue I will just trim the BP skirt back evenly so that I can access the bolt head quickly. There isn't much trimming on mine that would be necessary and the skirt doesn't rotate so no biggie.

#2925 3 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

[quoted image]

So no room for a locking nut but you can try a thin locking washer, topside. Remove the bolt and drop it through one of these (each bolt of course). One looks to have aggressive teeth on it but you get the idea.

lock-washers-811671-64_1000 (resized).jpg0001033_4mm-kep-locking-washer (resized).jpeg
#2926 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

My Auto Plunger was not shoting the ball cleanly at all out of the box so here is what I did to fix it.
1. Lift up the playfeild and move the automatic plunger with with your hand and see it moves in and out of the coil sleeve smoothly.
If it is binding push the auto plunger assembly to the right or left so the automatic plunger goes into the coil sleeve smoothly.
2. Loosen the screws on the automatic plunger assembly and push the assembly to the right as far as it can go then tighten down the screws. This will cause the ball to rest on the right side of the auto lauch mech.
3. The coil on the Auto Lauch mech moves if you wiggle it so I put a zip tie around the coil to keep it from moving. The coils on the flippers are tight so I figured the coil on the auto
launch assembly should be tight as well. Their is a cleaner solution for this if you put smothing in between the coil and the bracket that holds it in place should work too. I will do this later but the zip tie works for now.
4. Raise the power of the auto lauch mech in the settings to 32.
After all of these steps my pin auto lauches the ball perfect everytime.

This did the trick, zip tie the coil and now the auto plunger is working consistently every time, thank you!

#2927 3 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

This did the trick, zip tie the coil and now the auto plunger is working consistently every time, thank you!

What do you zip tie the coil too? Pic?

#2928 3 years ago

Quick question. Do your balls get wedged in-between the left band and the center post of the "star map" area about half the time you start a chapter? Mine do! It does not seem to affect gameplay since a random, qualified chapter is started regardless. However, it is annoying. It looks like the center post is way off-center.

#2929 3 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Quick question. Do your balls get wedged in-between the left band and the center post of the "star map" area about half the time you start a chapter? Mine do! It does not seem to affect gameplay since a random, qualified chapter is started regardless. However, it is annoying. It looks like the center post is way off-center.

Mine did this. In fact, it slipped between them completely often.

I eventually dismounted it from the bottom and installed 2 small washers under the left 2 bolts. This actually points the post a bit to the left, which is perfect. It still has smooth action.

#2930 3 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I eventually dismounted it from the bottom and installed 2 small washers under the left 2 bolts. This actually points the post a bit to the left, which is perfect. It still has smooth action.

Oh interesting. So the center post pops up at a left angle? Kooky! Thanks for the advice!

#2931 3 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Oh interesting. So the center post pops up at a left angle? Kooky! Thanks for the advice!

After I adjusted it, it's a tiny bit to the left... but it was a tiny bit to the right before the adjustment, which caused ball slippage. And nobody likes ball slippage.

#2932 3 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

Your welcome .

#2933 3 years ago

Hi fellow pirates,

I'm streaming some gameplay on http://twitch.tv/nspinball if you'd like to check it out!

Lighting is not perfect, waiting on some more mic stands and mounts, but it's a passable first stream.

If you watch last nights recording, skip to 50 mins or so where I have a pretty good game with Arrr frenzy and liars dice.

#2934 3 years ago

Can you guys tell me if there is external volume controls standard on the Limited Edition?

I added an ext volume control to by Hobbit since the volume controls on it are only for the headphones. Is this true for Pirates too?

Will this one work for Pirates?

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=57

#2935 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Can you guys tell me if there is external volume controls standard on the Limited Edition?
I added an ext volume control to by Hobbit since the volume controls on it are only for the headphones. Is this true for Pirates too?
Will this one work for Pirates?
http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=57

My LE has external volume control, so it's standard.

#2936 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My LE has external volume control, so it's standard.

Not just for the headphones? Also adjusts the normal game volume?

#2937 3 years ago

How many balls are in this game? I'm going to order new balls.

#2938 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

How many balls are in this game? I'm going to order new balls.

Five but be forewarned you can’t use silver jets. They magnetize.

#2939 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Five but be forewarned you can’t use silver jets. They magnetize.

granted i only play on location but...

it sure seems like this game has more than 5 balls. i swear i've seen more than that in stacked multiballs but i suppose that could just be my mind/eyes playing tricks on me.

#2940 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Not just for the headphones? Also adjusts the normal game volume?

Yes it adjusts the game volume. Not just headphones.

#2941 3 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

granted i only play on location but...
it sure seems like this game has more than 5 balls. i swear i've seen more than that in stacked multiballs but i suppose that could just be my mind/eyes playing tricks on me.

It's 5.

#2942 3 years ago

amazing! i guess once 4+ get out on the playfield it all starts to turn into a blur.

#2943 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes it adjusts the game volume. Not just headphones.

Awesome. Thanks!

#2944 3 years ago

Does anyone have a video or link to a video that shows proper travel of the Black Pearl? The only one I've played only went to the left and back to level. Is it supposed to go to the right as well? I though it was a bit odd and now reading through most of these posts, it still seems odd. Sounds like the ship is supposed to move left AND right.

#2945 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sounds like the ship is supposed to move left AND right.

As you play longer and get deeper into the game the black pearl does more. It doesn't start out doing much.

You can check the metal flat thingy holding the motor to picot on the black pear. Two screws to adjust it. See if yours is too tight or too loose.

LTG : )

#2946 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sounds like the ship is supposed to move left AND right.

it definitely should move right enough to roll a ball overboard from the deck of the ship.

#2947 3 years ago

Anyone know if I can tear apart the action button switch assembly? Mine isnt registering all of the time. I have tested it by hand in test.

#2948 3 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Anyone know if I can tear apart the action button switch assembly? Mine isnt registering all of the time. I have tested it by hand in test.

Turn the game off. Remove lockdown bar. ( watch glass so it doesn't slide out ) Look at switch. See the arm of the switch ? See the tiny knob on the switch body that the arm pushes into the switch body ? Press the arm down with your fat little finger right at the point of that knob and with your other hand pick a finger and use that one to bend the arm up a little while the other fat little finger is keeping the arm pressed down on that knob.

That way the switch will work better and you didn't effect the arm pushing the knob into the switch body.

#2949 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn the game off. Remove lockdown bar. ( watch glass so it doesn't slide out ) Look at switch. See the arm of the switch ? See the tiny knob on the switch body that the arm pushes into the switch body ? Press the arm down with your fat little finger right at the point of that knob and with your other hand pick a finger and use that one to bend the arm up a little while the other fat little finger is keeping the arm pressed down on that knob.
That way the switch will work better and you didn't effect the arm pushing the knob into the switch body.

Or..., you can look at the screw in the bottom of the action button and back it out a bit. Make that screw just a little longer and see if it has the distance to activate the switch.

#2950 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Or..., you can look at the screw in the bottom of the action button and back it out a bit. Make that screw just a little longer and see if it has the distance to activate the switch.

If your action button has that screw. Some don't.

If it does, do what Chris posted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 30.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Mentor, OH
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 17,649 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 353.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!