(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 377.
#2801 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I figured it out! So I remembered people earlier saying if any switch was hit on the lower playfield, the gate closes. Days ago I had a leaf switch registered as stuck closed. It went away on its own without me adjusting it, I just kept a mental note of it in case it happened again. I adjusted it anyway and the problem ceased! It must have been touching when the flippers vibrated the machine. Odd it didn't happen during the "bang on the playfield test". Anyway, there it is. Hit the ship three times in one game.

Glad you got 'er figured out!

I wish they chose to use a latching relay mechanism but I guess the thought was that 1 more coil is 1 more point of failure. I also wonder if there's a great risk of a tiny hold coil even burning out if just left on rather than software disabled... but I'm no engineer.

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I feel like you wrote that specifically for me, lol!
I watch and read this thread daily (really need to start from the beginning). I REALLY want to buy a Pirates, and I love JJP pins. I pop on here and all I see are problems being talked about. No scoring, strategy etc. Has me a little worried. I've got no problems fixing things, I can handle that. I just don't really have the time. With a demanding job, wife, and 2 little kids, my free time is very short. I'd prefer to use it playing pinball and not fixing them. I used to spend hours buying, fixing, selling games. I just don't have the time for that stuff anymore. I just want to play!

Get POTC now! I’m like you, and after a few small adjustments it now is only play and fun! What I like with this game is the endless possibilities. I can choose the type of game I want to play and the day after play a totally different game with other tasks due to the many choices in the code. Easy the best game of the seven in my collection and all the others I have played over time.

#2803 5 years ago

Indeed, even with the problems I was having my friends, wife and I were still playing it and having a blast.

#2804 5 years ago

Yeah I'm most likely going to buy a NIB from Chris @ Kingpin games when he gets some in stock. Looking forward to it!

#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Has anyone put there multiball setting harder? It easy to start the multiballs and in fact, you have to play them only once to get to the wizard mode.
With the easy factory settings POTC turns into a endless multiball game. And that’s not a good thing.

I mean... yea you have to play them once. But you also have to go through all of the Chapters before the wizard mode gets activated. Which I've found is the hardest part (for me at least - but I rarely pick Tia as my character).

I kind of enjoy the fact that there is so much multiball madness going on in this game. I've had tons of people come up and watch while I'm playing because they get sucked in by seeing 4+ balls flying around the playfield for long stretches of time. And most comment after I drain on how fun the game looks.

Maybe its too easy and not 'skillful' enough for 'pro level' type of players. But I'm sure there will be some tournament-type settings that become standardized to take away some of the randomness, plundering and easy multiballs.

#2806 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Had the same and a closer look to the scoop.as you can the the Metal Stands in Front of the ramp. I fixed it with a post, and have no single ball search..[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Pinballpal:

Here is the hardware you can buy at Ace Hardware if you have a ball hung up during multiball.
You need one of the 1 inch spacers, 1 of the 1/2 inch spacers and 1 wood screw number 8 x 2inches.
You will want to remove the left support rail for easier acces.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was a little frustrated with balls getting stuck in the subway during multi-ball. It seems to only happen when more than 1 ball enters the subway during multi-ball. If there are 2 balls in the subway, the game seems to lose track of how many balls are in the subway and only VUK's one of them from the Depth's VUK. Therefore, you'll remain in a multi-ball until you drain the last ball on the playfield and then allow the machine to enter a ball search for the ball stuck in the subway. The ball search finally kicks out the stuck ball.

I did this mod and I haven't had any balls getting stuck in the subway any longer.

IMG_6742 (resized).jpgIMG_6742 (resized).jpg

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for people who don't own this game and are reading this thread every day seeing new issue after another - maybe I'm just the lucky one but I haven't had any real issues. Literally none. The game plays amazing too. I just wanted to mention this b/c if I was a new buyer and read this thread I might be concerned about getting one.

It helped when the first owner dials it in a little too....

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Wow thanks Mod couple, we really appreciate your mod's and pirate problem solving, like the ship lights and such. and your reasonable prices .
so on that note let me share a shooter rod mod on the cheap. here's how I made mine below you can too for under 15$ or if you don't have the time I can whip up some for 35$ shipped not 98$ + shipping. like some others.. I'm not in the mod business just want to help out on this easy to make cheap mod. pinball is expensive enough. Pm me if your interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you're looking for a great mod for your JJPOTC plunger/shooter rod, PM tonycip for this. I think it looks great and it's a steal for what he's asking for it. Great communication and fast shipping!

IMG_6745 (resized).jpgIMG_6745 (resized).jpgIMG_6746 (resized).jpgIMG_6746 (resized).jpg
#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

It helped when the first owner dials it in a little too....

maybe the moral of the story is to buy this new, send it to you and then pick it up in a few weeks ; )

Great seller btw. Hope you're enjoying the CE!

#2810 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

maybe the moral of the story is to buy this new, send it to you and then pick it up in a few weeks ; )

My LE "might" finally be on the line next week. He's within a couple hour's drive … I might have to bribe him for help with beer or wine … or Tennessee moonshine if mine arrives with these issues.

#2811 5 years ago

Tennessee Moonshine!

Hell, if it were summer, I'd take a drive

#2812 5 years ago

Hey all - I'm reading through this whole thread starting on page 1, but I've got a quick questions I'm too impatient on the answer for. What's the deal with the LED stars between the two ships on the back board? Is it just there for looks? Is it interactive?

#2813 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all - I'm reading through this whole thread starting on page 1, but I've got a quick questions I'm too impatient on the answer for. What's the deal with the LED stars between the two ships on the back board? Is it just there for looks? Is it interactive?

It’s part of the game! It gives you hints by twinkling shapes which denote a hidden shot on the playfield. Once you make the shot you get a constellation award. Enough of those and you get an extra ball.

Some of the ones I’ve found are PIRATe letters, 2x-5x, the chest, maelstrom and ship.

#2814 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

lol. Thanks.

Installed a few of the Mod Couples mods last night and adjusted the ship, which wasn't rocking all the way to the right.
Everything is working great now. Still struggling to get a monster game but it's starting to come together.

By FAR, the best game JJP has made to date.

#2815 5 years ago

The only thing I wish I could focus more on is the chapters. I feel like the random system makes is a little frustrating to advance in them unless you pick that one character. The game is so large that you almost always end up shooting a chapter shot so you're qualifying almost all and the likelihood you get the same one 5 times becomes a game of you intentionally NOT trying to hit shots. Again - I understand you can pick that one character to select chapters and thank god for that BUT I wonder if a game code could help this out. In fact the chapters in general are my biggest weakness right now as I feel like they aren't special enough. I love the chimes that plan when you see the shots you need to hit and i like the movie clips - I just wish they were longer and they stood out more. They don't feel as special as I think they could - like they are too generic right now.

#2816 5 years ago

+1 also whey you finish a chapter a little more fan fair so you know you finished without looking up.maybe just the ships bell ringing

#2817 5 years ago

I do wish there was more audible notice of finishing a chapter.

#2818 5 years ago

Joined the club today with ordering a LE #569, will be here end of next week I hope. In the meantime Just ordered some stuff from the ModCouple hope it will arive at the same time.

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Joined the club today with ordering a LE #569, will be here end of next week I hope. In the meantime Just ordered some stuff from the ModCouple hope it will arive at the same time.

We won't let you down nor delay your Pirate cruise date. Shipping tomorrow to meet your awesome ships arrival! Congrats and Thank You for your support!!

(Scratch that, mama was headed toward the post office so your order is shipping Today)!

The Mod Couple

#2820 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We won't let you down nor delay your Pirate cruise date. Shipping tomorrow to meet your awesome ships arrival! Congrats and Thank You for your support!!
(Scratch that, mama was headed toward the post office so your order is shipping Today)!
The Mod Couple

As always you don’t let me down! Thanks

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The only thing I wish I could focus more on is the chapters. I feel like the random system makes is a little frustrating to advance in them unless you pick that one character. The game is so large that you almost always end up shooting a chapter shot so you're qualifying almost all and the likelihood you get the same one 5 times becomes a game of you intentionally NOT trying to hit shots. Again - I understand you can pick that one character to select chapters and thank god for that BUT I wonder if a game code could help this out. In fact the chapters in general are my biggest weakness right now as I feel like they aren't special enough. I love the chimes that plan when you see the shots you need to hit and i like the movie clips - I just wish they were longer and they stood out more. They don't feel as special as I think they could - like they are too generic right now.

i've also been feeling a bit similar to this. i know Tia is available to alleviate the selection process but I have way too much fun just playing Blackbeard games. i know its possible to stack up some good values focusing on chapters but it seems much more exciting going for big scores via stacking multiballs. really the best 'mode based' games i've played usually result because i'm getting chapters going with the multiballs going and the shots just happen naturally.

i'm hoping with some code updates they can add some more dynamic modes a'la The Hobbit (the moving targets, shot progression type of modes, etc). maybe a little score balancing between chapters and multiballs too.

#2822 5 years ago

A couple more items, curious to hear the owners' feedback:

1) Often times when shooting the inner loop, the ball will drop into the pearl ship area and go up on the ship. Doesn't seem like it should be happening.

2) Auto-plunge is all sorts of jacked up..not sure if it's wireform or what.

#2823 5 years ago

Had some friends over for games last night and about halfway through the auto plunge stopped kicking the ball more than about a foot. I look down and the left prong is on the center of the ball. Never seen one go this far off center before.

#2824 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i've also been feeling a bit similar to this. i know Tia is available to alleviate the selection process but I have way too much fun just playing Blackbeard games. i know its possible to stack up some good values focusing on chapters but it seems much more exciting going for big scores via stacking multiballs. really the best 'mode based' games i've played usually result because i'm getting chapters going with the multiballs going and the shots just happen naturally.
i'm hoping with some code updates they can add some more dynamic modes a'la The Hobbit (the moving targets, shot progression type of modes, etc). maybe a little score balancing between chapters and multiballs too.

Agreed on the Hobbit making it feel more like that.

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

1) Often times when shooting the inner loop, the ball will drop into the pearl ship area and go up on the ship. Doesn't seem like it should be happening.

most of your newer phones will have a "slow motion" mode for the camera. try recording a couple of shows in slow-mo and see if you are getting hits on the center of the ball or if it is pushing the ball one way or another.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2826 5 years ago

On item #1 thats the added mystery and Design of the Pirates code. (more like Guidelines). You never Know when or where the ball will pop up or divert. They mentioned this several times in the tutorial videos.

#2827 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On item #1 thats the added mystery and Design of the Pirates code. (more like Guidelines). You never Know when or where the ball will pop up or divert. They mentioned this several times in the tutorial videos.

Yup, I heard Eric say this in an interview. Paraphrasing, but he said he liked designing a shot do do multiple things. In this case, divert to the ship or continue through the orbit into the pops.

I for one love it!

#2828 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You must have a different setting or game?? I have played a hundred games on Pirates with multiple multi-balls and yet to see a wizard mode unless I watch it on YouTube!

It is a lot easier to get to wizard modes with Tia Dalma since you can concentrate on one movie that you select chapters for. I can get to the wizard modes this way, but choke during them!!!

#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

It is a lot easier to get to wizard modes with Tia Dalma since you can concentrate on one movie that you select chapters for. I can get to the wizard modes this way, but choke during them!!!

Do any of the characters help you Play better? lol I'm considering the 4 Inch flipper mod to help my game.

#2830 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the negatives are for the characters yet? I've been told there are positives and negatives for each character but I can't find them.

#2831 5 years ago

Watch near the end of the video where keeper goes over the positives and negatives. It would be nice if this was also displayed when selecting a character.

#2832 5 years ago

Same here. Can’t figure out what is going on with the auto launch. Always gets there but I have no idea what is happening when it doesn’t. Will try the slo mo video idea.

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Does anyone know what the negatives are for the characters yet? I've been told there are positives and negatives for each character but I can't find them.

If you do status report, you'll see the + and - on the first page.

#2834 5 years ago

This just started happening. My trough VUK launches a ball and bounces into this little recess. So the auto plunger does not register. In a multiball the balls stack in the lane because the auto plunge doesn't fire. And re-checked to make sure game is level.

20190111_212605 (resized).jpg20190111_212605 (resized).jpg

#2835 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Same here. Can’t figure out what is going on with the auto launch. Always gets there but I have no idea what is happening when it doesn’t. Will try the slo mo video idea.

On #28 the wireform, right side, was just bent up a little causing it to push the ball a little to the left at auto launch. I took it off and bent rt side down just a bit so it lays flat on playfield. 99% now. Lift up playfield and see if end of wireform is level.

#2836 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

If you do status report, you'll see the + and - on the first page.

This stuff right here is why I love JJP games.

Thanks Keefer!

#2837 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This just started happening. My trough VUK launches a ball and bounces into this little recess. So the auto plunger does not register. In a multiball the balls stack in the lane because the auto plunge doesn't fire. And re-checked to make sure game is level.
[quoted image]

It appears your switch wire is just a bit to high and holding the ball from entering. Try adjusting the switch wire lower and I suspect it will then fall into the track and be on its way.

#2838 5 years ago

Does the chest open and close or just stay open? I just got my CE and still working out a few issues.

#2839 5 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

Does the chest open and close or just stay open?

Stays open.

LTG : )

#2840 5 years ago

My switch 21 (sling under Pearl ramp - lowest switch) keeps getting bent back under the ramp, so the test report shows it's closed. Happens soon after I fix it. I think the ball hits the sling hard enough to bend it back. Happening to anyone else? What's the solution? Seems like if I can get a longer leaf switch, it will prevent it from bending backwards under the ramp, which closes the switch.

The more I learn the rules, the more fun it is. I'm going to start dressing as a pirate in my daily life!

#2841 5 years ago

I assume no problem sharing an external sub with JJP POTC and a Stern?

#2842 5 years ago

Wheels - is the front blade of the leaf switch catching on the ramp above? If so, snip a little bit off of the top of the front blade so it can’t touch and it won’t get stuck back anymore.

#2843 5 years ago

I’m having so much fun with this machine! My pinball buddy keeps coming over and we kill multiple hours just trying to master it.

#2844 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Wheels - is the front blade of the leaf switch catching on the ramp above? If so, snip a little bit off of the top of the front blade so it can’t touch and it won’t get stuck back anymore.

It's the back blade, the taller one.

#2845 5 years ago

Oh okay - well you can nip the top of that one off so it can’t catch on the ramp and that should solve it. It’s been done on other Pirates games for the same reason. It’s tight under there as you can see.

#2846 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Oh okay - well you can nip the top of that one off so it can’t catch on the ramp and that should solve it. It’s been done on other Pirates games for the same reason. It’s tight under there as you can see.

I may try that unless there any other solutions? Just use some needle noses to clip it? Thank you for the advice.

#2847 5 years ago

Yeah snips / diagonal cutters whatever. It’s not an uncommon thing - they try to catch that at the factory but obviously sometimes they get out with a blade a shade too long.

#2848 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m having so much fun with this machine! My pinball buddy keeps coming over and we kill multiple hours just trying to master it.

Set it to Dollar play and he'll come over less! lol

#2849 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I may try that unless there any other solutions? Just use some needle noses to clip it? Thank you for the advice.

Yes RBWiesman did this in Post #628. Just give the top a snip and you'll be good.

111 (resized).jpg111 (resized).jpg
#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Set it to Dollar play and he'll come over less! lol

Playing with friends is awesome!

First off, what’s the point of having a great shot/game if nobody sees it?
Second, I need someont to plunder!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/57?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.