(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 378.
#2701 5 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Is there attract mode music ect.. when games set to free play (settings in menu on)?
My WOZ is on free play and won’t shut up in attract mode.

On .97 code mine had music and the shaker would go when the screen saver would pass this game takes your pic, then goes to a red screen showing the ball roll that's when it would do the sound and shake. But after the .98 its not working with or with the attract music set to on or off. Anyone else noticing this?

#2702 5 years ago

Thanks Yelobird for the heads up on the Dauntless wiring. I found mine to be loose, but I was still uncomfortable with bare wires on a moving part in proxmity to sharp-ish metal.

I added some wire loom today.

97D00F37-4AAC-4B37-B371-0B0519569F59 (resized).jpeg97D00F37-4AAC-4B37-B371-0B0519569F59 (resized).jpeg
#2703 5 years ago

I got the dreaded “left flipper EOS” error today. The fix was quite simple, resolder this wire:

B03B4174-7398-4036-AA9C-3EF92AFCB24B (resized).jpegB03B4174-7398-4036-AA9C-3EF92AFCB24B (resized).jpeg
#2704 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I got the dreaded “left flipper EOS” error today. The fix was quite simple, resolder this wire:[quoted image]

I just had to do this on my DialedIn after about 12 months of ownership. I guess a combination of bad solder joint and all the vibration from the coil broke it off. Like you daid, simple repair.

#2705 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Audio clipping and drop outs.
OK, of the handful of little things to tinker with, I have no real concern so far. The one big annoyance is the clipping and drop outs in the audio. It is starting to drive me crazy! I believe that a few have questioned audio related issues, what is the fix here? I can upload a video if need be but it is painfully obvious and annoying.

This was happening to me and a bunch of other Dialed In owners when I first received my Dialed In. We tried a whole bunch of fixes but ultimately it was fixed with a software update. Hopefully JJP is aware of this and fixes the sound clipping and poping sound issues with pirates like they did with Dialed In. Hey JJP staff are you out their is their a fix in the works? .

#2706 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Had a small issue that started last night, and a quick 5 minute fix. Manual plunger shots were becoming erratic, and discovered it was because the manual plunger was hitting the top of the auto plunger. The quickest fix I could find was removing the auto plunger, putting into a vice, and using a dremel 952 bit to grind down the area that was rubbing. Plunger is butter smooth again.

Thanks for this fix! I believe my first machine has this problem - it has had inconsistent plunges from day one, where sometimes it’s fine and sometimes the ball just barely makes it to the mystery skill shot. My other machine shoots perfect.

#2707 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks for this fix! I believe my first machine has this problem - it has had inconsistent plunges from day one, where sometimes it’s fine and sometimes the ball just barely makes it to the mystery skill shot. My other machine shoots perfect.

Instead of grinding the mechanism, just loosen the plunger housing and adjust the height.

#2708 5 years ago

Not loving the black flipper, worry not! Walk the Planks and collect the gold with the New Mod Couple Gold Plank custom flipper bat kit! Set of (3) custom made and individually painted with the look of wooden planks and it not be a Pirate plank without some Gold!! Each gold coin oriented to face the player. Simple and reversible install. Complete the look and flip in style! Golden Flipper Planks me hearties!! Available Today from our website store!!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg1a (resized).jpg1a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg2a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg3a (resized).jpg
#2709 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Instead of grinding the mechanism, just loosen the plunger housing and adjust the height.

Ah perfect!

#2710 5 years ago

For me I couldn't lower the plunger as it then would have hit the balls too low.

#2711 5 years ago

Threw out my back and had to have friends come help me set it up, but I joined the club this weekend!

20190106_203821 (resized).jpg20190106_203821 (resized).jpg
#2712 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Another DIYarrrrrr segment for those of us with older eyes or needing to see the flippers just a little bit better. This Very simple to install and low cost LED strip really adds just the right amount of light to both the flippers as well as the lower playfield area without any obtrusive lighting fixtures.

I'm curious @yelobird, how does this look with the controlled GI lighting effects? Does it dim/turn off? Or is it always on?

#2713 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I'm curious yelobird, how does this look with the controlled GI lighting effects? Does it dim/turn off? Or is it always on?

Depends on where you hook it up. I hooked it up to the 12v spot lamps on the left side which plug in just below and those dim with the modes as does this add on strip. Just something I needed to brighten up the flipper area not a sale item. Just to simple to add and for a few bucks anyone can do it.

#2714 5 years ago

Just walked into the house to find my son playing Pirates. He got ARGH Frenzy for the first time and had the biggest grin on his face!
This is what it's all about for me. Thanks JJP crew...mission accomplished.

#2715 5 years ago

The gate to arm the canon goes up, but when the ship sways over, it falls back down. The gate will be lit, but I feel I'm bashing it 15 times before it gets in once. Is this normal? How can I trouble shoot it?

#2716 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

The gate to arm the canon goes up, but when the ship sways over, it falls back down. The gate will be lit, but I feel I'm bashing it 15 times before it gets in once. Is this normal? How can I trouble shoot it?

See my earlier post...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/39#post-4741938

Does this help?

#2717 5 years ago

I don't think so, yours seems to be more program solution and the way it's meant to be. Mine might actually be lack of clearance or out not holding up. (Loose)

When I run the coil check, it does this:

#2718 5 years ago

I don't think so, yours seems to be more program solution and the way it's meant to be. Mine might actually be lack of clearance or out not holding up. (Loose)

Yeah, that's something different. A large % of these issues are loose screw(s) or a bad wire somewhere. You're going to have to investigate.

#2719 5 years ago

Others have had this including myself. Just need to physically bend an arm down. Check the thread, I know there were pics of what to do.

#2720 5 years ago

I noticed my left flipper (and the left flipper on the pearl) both have an end position higher than the right one.

What’s the trick to adjuating the end position?

#2721 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I noticed my left flipper (and the left flipper on the pearl) both have an end position higher than the right one.
What’s the trick to adjuating the end position?

Loosen pawl nut, adjust alignment, tighten. This often happens in new games and trust that if you think its tight go just a bit more. lol I think Mr LTG made a video on this which applies to most games.

#2722 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think Mr LTG made a video on this which applies to most games.

LTG : )

#2723 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have a problem with my right Flipper finger from the black pearl. Sometimes it didn’t react and sometimes it only comes up half way. I was thinking of a broken cable. I dismount the black pearl playfield to check it, but everything looks ok.
I also check the flipperbutton switch’s but they are working also nice.
Any idea or do I have a bad coil ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check the operation of the Black Pearl Flippers in test. See if the right flipper operates opposite between power and hold. If so, the wires are probably switched. This all started with a melted and shorted right coil causing a blown fuse. The transistors tested good. The Pink-Red (power) wire was switched with the Pink-Orange (hold) wire confirmed in the manual. In our case, replacing the coil and correcting the wires fixed the problem. Red and orange traces on pink is easy to mix up.
Hope this helps.

#2724 5 years ago

I increased the coil strength for the cannon load door. It has helped quite a bit. Maybe from 20%-80% so I was able to make it in a couple times last night.
I'm still searching the thread on how it needs to be bent for better clearance....

#2725 5 years ago

To confirm the bottom position of my flippers looks right, I believe it’s only the top position. And it’s both the bottom play field and the pearl doing it.

I did have a broken left flipper eos wire for a while - would overpowering the left flipper hold cause anything to go out of whack?

#2726 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To confirm the bottom position of my flippers looks right, I believe it’s only the top position. And it’s both the bottom play field and the pearl doing it.
I did have a broken left flipper eos wire for a while - would overpowering the left flipper hold cause anything to go out of whack?

Your EOS did not cause an issue. The flippers always look correct in the down position because they are resting against something. Hold them both in the up position when adjusting (use a straight edge across them if you like) and tighten per the LTG movie.

#2727 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your EOS did not cause an issue. The flippers always look correct in the down position because they are resting against something. Hold them both in the up position when adjusting (use a straight edge across them if you like) and tighten per the LTG movie.

Will do. Thanks!

Remaining question; how do I remove the Pearl to adjust his left flipper?

#2728 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

how do I remove the Pearl to adjust his left flipper?

Turn game off. Move spotlight over a little. Behind back panel of playfield yank out the big metal clip holding the flat metal thingy holding the motor to the pearl. I'd pull off the big white nylon spacer so you don't lose it. Look between pearl and back wall, see the long allen head screw sticking up ? Remove it with a 1/8th inch allen head wrench.

Slide pearl back and lift up and set on the side. Should have plenty of room to work.

If you want to remove from the game, disconnect the connectors below the playfield. Mark opto connectors in case they aren't marked.

#2729 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Will do. Thanks!
Remaining question; how do I remove the Pearl to adjust his left flipper?

Do NOT remove the ship to make an adjustment to either of the upper playfield flippers. It is not necessary to remove the ship to access the pawl nuts. The upper right flipper is trickier, but still manageable.

See my post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/28#post-4715544

#2730 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn game off. Move spotlight over a little. Behind back panel of playfield yank out the big metal clip holding the flat metal thingy holding the motor to the pearl. I'd pull off the big white nylon spacer so you don't lose it. Look between pearl and back wall, see the long allen head screw sticking up ? Remove it with a 1/8th inch allen head wrench.
Slide pearl back and lift up and set on the side. Should have plenty of room to work.
If you want to remove from the game, disconnect the connectors below the playfield. Mark opto connectors in case they aren't marked.

Flat metal Thingy? Is that tech support beginner level talk? Lol

#2731 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Flat metal Thingy?

I can understand that , a name of a part doesn't help if you don't know what it looks like . But I am at beginner level

#2732 5 years ago

Ok! So I've narrowed my problem with the cannon hate load. It raises up enough and stays there, but as soon as I hit a flipper on either side it drops back down effectively making the shot impossible. My switches all check out and I've done the "bang on the playfield" test. Any ideas?

What could cause pushing either flipper to lower the gate?

#2733 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Flat metal Thingy? Is that tech support beginner level talk? Lol

Sorry about that. I should have provided a visual for the mod makers.

potcship (resized).jpegpotcship (resized).jpeg
#2734 5 years ago

Delete

#2735 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry about that. I should have provided a visual for the mod makers.
[quoted image]

Oh that metal do hicky thing-a-ma-bob! lol Would be a better illustration without the packing foam.....lol

#2736 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Hey everyone!
I'm not a big sales pitch guy about different mods on the market but I got some mods from the Mod Couple and I thought it was worth mentioning. One of the mods is the "disc silencer kit". I was skeptical but holy crap what a difference. Before it sounded like a tin can with pennies banging around. After install, it's virtually complete silence! I don't know how they made this stuff and especially the new gear but it was well worth the purchase. The other mods I got were really cool looking but the mod couple's disc silencer is kick ass for functionality. Kudos mod couple! Nice work.

I installed TheModCouple's disc-silencer today and I have to say that I'm a believer now too. I don't want to sound like I'm on the ModCouple's Xmas list, but I've got all of Dave's mods and this one I voted for a TWIPY. Not completely silent (they never claimed it would be), but after about 6 games in, its an improvement.

My only criticism is that the install instructions could use the touch of an experienced technical writer, but I get it...they create mods and that's what they're good at. Might want to add some info onto the website that 'White Lithium Grease' is recommended to have on hand during install.

#2737 5 years ago

Finally got my CE home yesterday and figured I'd throw my initial impression up here for follow up sake.

After playing about 50+ games in the past two evenings, I caught myself thinking that Jersey Jack delivers a pinball experience compared to other manufactures. After my gripes during the pre-order, I am happy with the delivered game, very enjoyable. Outstanding amount of work put into the actual game mechanics, playfield, video graphics, sound, cabinet artwork and topper.

The one thing that I really enjoy about the CE is that there is a lack of Jack. The video, sound, callouts are all exceptionally "piratey", but it is a far cry from just some video clips and sounds mashed together like some other titles out there. The theming implementation of an existing franchise is by far the best I've seen on any pinball to date. There is a balance of using the franchise materials while creating a unique, new experience.

From a play perspective, the wide body offers a good mix of speed and shot diversity. There doesn't seem to be a nook or cranny that doesn't have something meaningfully crammed into it. Shots feel smooth overall and I'm really enjoying the multiballs. I really can't compare it as a complete package to the last game I purchased, Deadpool; there is just way more to explore in the game. It doesn't play like a Stern and I like that; it has the same JJP wow feel I got out of my first play on WOZ so many years ago.

Out of box, I had a few basic issues, no more than any other pin, including my DICE or Deadpool LE. The thread gave me plenty of things to inspect and didn't have any wiring issues other than a harness blocking one of the GOLD targets. Moved it out of the way and everything is good. Auto plunger needed some adjustment and it's been good mechanically otherwise so far.

#2738 5 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

didn't have any wiring issues other than a harness blocking one of the GOLD targets. Moved it out of the way and everything is good. Auto plunger needed some adjustment and it's been good mechanically otherwise so far.

I had the same exact issue. Have you adjusted your ramp to prevent stuck balls? I have a theory that the gold target sticking is indicative of the ramp not being aligned right.

#2739 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had the same exact issue. Have you adjusted your ramp to prevent stuck balls? I have a theory that the gold target sticking is indicative of the ramp not being aligned right.

Yes, that is what I ended up doing. The ramp didn't appear to be secured tightly. Loosened, adjusted, tightened up more than it was originally and seems good now.

#2740 5 years ago

I’m getting a weird issue with the camera - there’s this rogue reflection spot in the camera and I haven’t been able to nail down the source.

If I remove the translite, the camera is fine, so it’s almost like there’s a weird imperfection in the bezel glass. You can see the spot come back into position as the glass settles.

I’ve cleaned it and my old eyes see nothing.
It’s kind of annoying because it mars the high score photos.

Anyone have an idea?

CE4A5E4C-E919-4C9B-B11F-90F8470AA8CB (resized).jpegCE4A5E4C-E919-4C9B-B11F-90F8470AA8CB (resized).jpeg
#2741 5 years ago

So this one is kind of pedantic and maybe a stupid question...maybe Hogbog can answer.

Which of these two flippers is correct? Is the left too high, or is the right too low?

This stuff matters, as it affects your shots which I’m practicing and trying to perfect my aim.

06A05CA4-CED2-4233-BB4C-3F71F8AAD83A (resized).jpeg06A05CA4-CED2-4233-BB4C-3F71F8AAD83A (resized).jpeg
#2742 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m getting a weird issue with the camera - there’s this rogue reflection spot in the camera and I haven’t been able to nail down the source.
If I remove the translite, the camera is fine, so it’s almost like there’s a weird imperfection in the bezel glass. You can see the spot come back into position as the glass settles.
I’ve cleaned it and my old eyes see nothing.
It’s kind of annoying because it mars the high score photos.
Anyone have an idea?[quoted image]

I'm having the same issue to the point I thought my face was bleeding. I figured I just needed to clean the lense, but now I'm thinking that won't matter.

#2743 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So this one is kind of pedantic and maybe a stupid question...maybe hogbog can answer.
Which of these two flippers is correct? Is the left too high, or is the right too low?
This stuff matters, as it affects your shots which I’m practicing and trying to perfect my aim.[quoted image]

Both flippers are even with the lane guides when lowered?

#2744 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I'm having the same issue to the point I thought my face was bleeding. I figured I just needed to clean the lense, but now I'm thinking that won't matter.

Well I just took the bezel off and looked at it really closely - still clean - put it back and now the problem is gone. I guess it was catching a weird reflection in one specific position. I noticed the left/right position of the bezel favors the right, where before it favored the left. Maybe try messing with it?

#2745 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Both flippers are even with the lane guides when lowered?

Well initially I thought the answer was yes, but I just took a good look and sure enough the left flipper rides a touch high. My mission is now clear, I guess!

4624AE15-25BF-4FFF-BA83-B71914701E9A (resized).jpeg4624AE15-25BF-4FFF-BA83-B71914701E9A (resized).jpeg
#2746 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Oh that metal do hicky thing-a-ma-bob! lol Would be a better illustration without the packing foam.....lol

You should have removed it before you took the picture I used.

#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well I just took the bezel off and looked at it really closely - still clean - put it back and now the problem is gone. I guess it was catching a weird reflection in one specific position. I noticed the left/right position of the bezel favors the right, where before it favored the left. Maybe try messing with it?

I'll try. Thank you.

#2748 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well initially I thought the answer was yes, but I just took a good look and sure enough the left flipper rides a touch high. My mission is now clear, I guess![quoted image]

Yeah, looks like the left was already starting higher. I'd make sure it's properly gapped as well. My right flipper wasn't properly gapped out of the box.

#2749 5 years ago

Ok! So I've narrowed my problem with the cannon hate load. It raises up enough and stays there, but as soon as I hit a flipper on either side it drops back down effectively making the shot impossible. My switches all check out and I've done the "bang on the playfield" test. Any ideas?
What could cause pushing either flipper to lower the gate?

I am having the exact same problem and have been hoping someone has a solution.

#2750 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I am having the exact same problem and have been hoping someone has a solution.

I'm going to call JJ this morning. I'll let you know what they tell me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 38.00
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/55?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.