(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17,643 posts
  • 590 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Izzy24
  • Topic is favorited by 276 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D0C4F1C6-62BA-4818-A012-F5E72A530726 (resized).jpeg
well-bye.gif
IMG_20220515_210606 (resized).jpg
046E6007-1EE0-4E1D-91FB-238961B35F75 (resized).jpeg
3D100B64-8DB3-4D9C-805C-AB39A738A3C0 (resized).jpeg
EE0E6CBC-DE54-4016-AF34-A5AD3CFC12E4 (resized).jpeg
6D49012E-5294-427A-9872-33F11DC4C093 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6862 (resized).jpg
943E0A09-FBFC-4B99-983B-715D3901DFF5 (resized).jpeg
A3B3BA33-C26B-4E62-9361-C8DBFFA9F4A3 (resized).jpeg
634A1991-2E04-4631-A27F-FDDC05B31995 (resized).jpeg
C823AAC4-A9B6-46C5-97E1-AAF3BECC4565 (resized).jpeg
20220419_190642_HDR (resized).jpg
20220419_193820 (resized).jpg
20220419_193828 (resized).jpg
Pirates_2005_film (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 353.
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from Potus:

When do the wanted posters come up? I never see it on my game during the attract mode.

About every 4 cycles of the attract mode sequence.

#2602 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Does anybody know if the cannon shooting lane/guide "underneath" the Black Pearl is adjustable? It is not lined up correctly at all on my game, it is pointing too far to the right so you are never able to sink a ship because it hits the right side of the hole on the other ship even when you have fired the cannon at the right time (up/down).
Thanks

Still looking for an answer on this, is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Thanks in advance

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Thanks in advance

I did have a similar issue with the cannon shot missing the mark off of center and what I found was the dauntless front right corner that moves was ever so slightly getting hung up on the upper decking of ship. Not every time though and only by the smallest amount. Basically ship would get hit and move but not return all the way to the normal static position causing the off center hits. Give this a look.

#2604 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Thanks in advance

Ok I am Hoping this can help you trouble shoot to verify if the issue is mechanical. I am using house hold MacGyver props to illustrate. Fold up a piece of paper 8 1/2" wide into a 1" strip. Fit it into the cannon tray and see if there is a true alignment issue. Note that the Dauntless Can slide front to back on its pivot pin so make sure to check this with the ship front And back! My personal game works fine though it does favor the Rear of the ship hole (sounds dirty) entrance. I suspect this is because of the added variable of the game tilt and ball trajectory? IF your measurements look Way off from what I show the only simple solution I can recommend is to simply add 1-2 washers between the Large Nylon spacer and metal plate on the bottom side of the game. (shown) This should keep the Dauntless at least a 1/4" further back. Hope some of this makes sense and helps others fine tune this ship.

IMG_1812 (resized).jpgIMG_1817 (resized).jpg
#2605 3 years ago

With that solution investigated (cannon alignment) I came across what I am going to call a PPSA (Pirates Public Service Announcement!!!!). Lloyd, Eric I do ask that this be recognized at the factory as I suspect this Will be an issue for some soon. In reviewing the Dauntless movement issue I looked over the wiring to the rear of the back board going to the Dauntless switches. In less then 50 plays my wire was already sheared off! (red wire in my case) This was caused by a Very tight wire harness with limited flexibility attached to a Moving arm with a razor sharp steel edge. These wires never had a chance!! While I am not proud of my solution (not pretty) I wanted to share a solution that most would have to at least repair or protect this from happening. As can be seen from the bottom of the playfield there is actually Plenty of wire available but in my machines case it is all bundled with no relief. You need to snip roughly (3) zip ties from the wire harness to give this wires a few inches of motion. Verify by swaying your Dauntless (sounds dirty again) back and forth to ensure there is no pull. From there I soldered my wires and added electrical tape to the entire wire bunch. I also added (and recommend) a strip of tape over the edge of the metal channel these feed to. That at least gives the wires a fighting chance should they come in contact again! I admit I Hate electrical tape repairs personally but I wanted everyone to have an available solution to at least fix if needed. All in all a Minor assembly learning curve on a new product and no harm done just hope this can be passed on and help others. I am Very curious if this MAY be some of the Dauntless switch issues people are having at times.... Let me know if there are Any questions.

IMG_1816 (resized).jpgIMG_1814 (resized).jpgIMG_1818 (resized).jpgIMG_1819 (resized).jpgIMG_1820 (resized).jpgIMG_1821 (resized).jpg
#2606 3 years ago

Yelobird Thanks for posting this! Gotta check mine out as soon as I get home!

#2607 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With that solution investigated (cannon alignment) I came across what I am going to call a PPSA (Pirates Public Service Announcement!!!!). Lloyd, Eric I do ask that this be recognized at the factory as I suspect this Will be an issue for some soon. In reviewing the Dauntless movement issue I looked over the wiring to the rear of the back board going to the Dauntless switches. In less then 50 plays my wire was already sheared off! (red wire in my case) This was caused by a Very tight wire harness with limited flexibility attached to a Moving arm with a razor sharp steel edge. These wires never had a chance!! While I am not proud of my solution (not pretty) I wanted to share a solution that most would have to at least repair or protect this from happening. As can be seen from the bottom of the playfield there is actually Plenty of wire available but in my machines case it is all bundled with no relief. You need to snip roughly (3) zip ties from the wire harness to give this wires a few inches of motion. Verify by swaying your Dauntless (sounds dirty again) back and forth to ensure there is no pull. From there I soldered my wires and added electrical tape to the entire wire bunch. I also added (and recommend) a strip of tape over the edge of the metal channel these feed to. That at least gives the wires a fighting chance should they come in contact again! I admit I Hate electrical tape repairs personally but I wanted everyone to have an available solution to at least fix if needed. All in all a Minor assembly learning curve on a new product and no harm done just hope this can be passed on and help others. I am Very curious if this MAY be some of the Dauntless switch issues people are having at times.... Let me know if there are Any questions.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For what it's worth I just checked mine and it is nowhere near as tight as yours was. Mine does not come close to any of those metal edges when I rock the dauntless back and forth.

#2608 3 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

yelobird Thanks for posting this! Gotta check mine out as soon as I get home!

Strongly recommended!

#2609 3 years ago

Anyone else with ball jumps from the left ramp? To see in the video at about 1:53

I try to adjust the diverter but didn’t help, any ideas ?

#2610 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Anyone else with ball jumps from the left ramp? To see in the video at about 1:53

I get them on rare occasion. I wonder if the mod couple maelstrom mod might actually prevent some of that lol.

#2611 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Try dialing Back your Right flipper coil power. I have never had the ball bullet that fast up that ramp and watching a bit of your play it appears to be shooting hot. Flipper power plays heavily on how steep you set the playfield pitch. Good Luck.

#2612 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting, checked mine imediately and even if they were not as tight as yours there was contact and should have been a problem in the future, now fixed and they are not close to any metal.

#2613 3 years ago

Joining the club next month. CE is finally on its way! ❤️

What are the must have mods?

#2614 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I am Hoping this can help you trouble shoot to verify if the issue is mechanical. I am using house hold MacGyver props to illustrate. Fold up a piece of paper 8 1/2" wide into a 1" strip. Fit it into the cannon tray and see if there is a true alignment issue. Note that the Dauntless Can slide front to back on its pivot pin so make sure to check this with the ship front And back! My personal game works fine though it does favor the Rear of the ship hole (sounds dirty) entrance. I suspect this is because of the added variable of the game tilt and ball trajectory? IF your measurements look Way off from what I show the only simple solution I can recommend is to simply add 1-2 washers between the Large Nylon spacer and metal plate on the bottom side of the game. (shown) This should keep the Dauntless at least a 1/4" further back. Hope some of this makes sense and helps others fine tune this ship.

Thanks Yelobird,
I did something similar last night, I had two thin pieces of wood and put them in the cannon tray , my alignment is worse than yours, further to the right of the Dauntless.

Eric/Lloyd: Is the cannon shooting tray under the Black Pearl adjustable?

#2615 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Joining the club next month. CE is finally on its way! ❤️

Almost everything the mod couple sells.

#2616 3 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Check out yelobird's Pirates items.

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/all?page=3

LTG : )

#2617 3 years ago

ok, seems like BM66. Everything is a winner.

#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Thanks Yelobird,
I did something similar last night, I had two thin pieces of wood and put them in the cannon tray , my alignment is worse than yours, further to the right of the Dauntless.

Really seems odd that the cannon is the culprit for alignment.
You 100% sure it’s not the dauntless that is out of alignment like mine was? Mine were bricking off the side to the lower right of the target hole.

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Almost everything the mod couple sells.

Thanks So much for the kind words. Going to share that with Ms Mod Couple as she (like I) appreciate words of encouragement!

#2620 3 years ago

Hogbog I was playing today and I think I ran into a bug. During my game I played 4 wizard modes and actually completed two of them (Chest and Left Ramp). I had never completed a wizard mode before and I know that there is maybe only one other person that has ever completed one that plays the machine that I play on route. Anyway, when it was over, I was Will Champ, but nothing else. The left ramp current wizard mode champ is only 300k and I can't believe I didn't pass that when I completed the entire mode. I did well in the chapters and didn't time anything out, so values should have been at least decent. Same thing with the chest, not a very high current champ value, but no champ initials opportunity when my game was over. So I'm thinking that if you complete a wizard mode, it may not let you be the champion of it. I could be wrong, but I think it is worth checking. Can you guys take a look at that? Thanks.

#2621 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I get these as well.

#2622 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Anyone else with ball jumps from the left ramp?

I had that start happening recently. I was adjusting the flipper strength to see if I could make the chest lock an easier shot (but have since adjusted the fork screws as suggested, and it's much more consistent now) -- I need to try dialing down the flipper strength to see if it reduces the fly-out.

#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really seems odd that the cannon is the culprit for alignment.
You 100% sure it’s not the dauntless that is out of alignment like mine was? Mine were bricking off the side to the lower right of the target hole

I'll check it again when I get home tonight

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Thanks Yelobird,

It is not. Dauntless sounds like it's too far forward. That has a big fat spacer located on the shaft to bring it back a bit. There is room to move it back a bit more too.

What's your playfield pitch?

#2625 3 years ago

Interesting I have been having alignment issues as well when I hadn’t before.

Will check the wires now.

Also for those following, the amp connected off of the split at the cpu didn’t work. The line level between the cpu and the internal JJP amp is rediculously low. Had to crank up my sub to max and the external amp for the external speakers would never get loud enough. Back to the drawing board on getting good sound out of this.

#2626 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Thanks Yelobird,

As I showed in post #2604, a few washers added above the white nylon spacer below the Dauntless bracket arm will slide the ship back. Simple to add. Good Luck

#2627 3 years ago

Here is a picture of mine, the ball always hits to the right of the hole. I checked the Dauntless and it moves freely back and forth. There isn't any room to add a washer or two to the spacer on the Dauntless, it's very tight.

P1010136 (resized).JPG
#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Here is a picture of mine, the ball always hits to the right of the hole. I checked the Dauntless and it moves freely back and forth. There isn't any room to add a washer or two to the spacer on the Dauntless, it's very tight.
[quoted image]

With the Playfield raised can you show the white nylon spacer and bracket. That arm they use is the same on All of the assembly’s I doubt yours is different. There is at least a 1/4” of play there. (Unless one of the small plastic shaft guides popped out of the hole)

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

hogbog I was playing today and I think I ran into a bug. During my game I played 4 wizard modes and actually completed two of them (Chest and Left Ramp). I had never completed a wizard mode before and I know that there is maybe only one other person that has ever completed one that plays the machine that I play on route. Anyway, when it was over, I was Will Champ, but nothing else. The left ramp current wizard mode champ is only 300k and I can't believe I didn't pass that when I completed the entire mode. I did well in the chapters and didn't time anything out, so values should have been at least decent. Same thing with the chest, not a very high current champ value, but no champ initials opportunity when my game was over. So I'm thinking that if you complete a wizard mode, it may not let you be the champion of it. I could be wrong, but I think it is worth checking. Can you guys take a look at that? Thanks.

Scoring on particular movie's wizard modes is very dependent upon the number of super jackpots achieved during that movie's mb, and characters collected during that movie's chapters. If you do subpar in either of those qualifiers(not throwing shade John, just explaining), the score will definitely be less than 300k, even for full completion. Doing average (collecting approximately half the characters and scoring at least one Super jackpot) should yield an average wizard mode score of about 250k. Your Scoring Level (viewable on the Wizard Mode Status Report page), shows where you are, where around 20-25 is considered average. I'll check into it Monday though.

Cheers,

E

#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

[quoted image]

Post some pics of your Pearl as well, or pm them to me. Something seems off.

#2631 3 years ago

The picture is deceiving, the wood in the picture is inside the shooting housing of the Black Pearl on the other end so it's the right side of the wood in the picture is where it hits the right side of the hole, it's more than 1/4 inch off

#2632 3 years ago

Hogbog, here are some pictures, let me know if you need any others. FYI: The metal piece in the shooting housing is something I'm trying as a temporary fix

P1010138 (resized).JPGP1010139 (resized).JPGP1010141 (resized).JPGP1010143 (resized).JPG
#2633 3 years ago

Here is from mine. With the Dauntless pushed all the way back, it still hits the side but generally goes in. When the Dauntless slides forward, there is no way. There is no wiggle room on the Pearl as it is up against the ramp and does not move at all. Is there a physical adjustment to the cannon direction?

Oh and my wires were not tight at all to the Dauntless switch.

C7FF1DF5-E1D3-4370-BE61-0D44DCBFC7AA (resized).jpegEB72F77A-C0D6-4D32-BFA0-4F2F1D675412 (resized).jpeg

#2634 3 years ago

I've asked that question about adjusting the cannon direction twice but I have yet to get an answer, hopefully it can be done or there is another solution.

#2635 3 years ago

When y'all turn your machine on, while booting up, do any of y'all hear a really loud feedback click or two ff the speakers?

#2636 3 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

When y'all turn your machine on, while booting up, do any of y'all hear a really loud feedback click or two ff the speakers?

Yep, scares me every time. Sounds like I am going to pop the speakers. Like I said, the line level out of the CPU is really low so they have to amp the signal up pretty significantly. It works, but I am guessing may also increase the audio pops on startup. Also amps any static they have on the line which i am guessing may contribute to the audio pops we hear during the game.

#2637 3 years ago

I do, and it's loud to.

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I do, and it's loud to.

My Jack Russell Terrier freaks out and tries to attack the machine every time he hears it.

#2639 3 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I had that start happening recently. I was adjusting the flipper strength to see if I could make the chest lock an easier shot (but have since adjusted the fork screws as suggested, and it's much more consistent now) -- I need to try dialing down the flipper strength to see if it reduces the fly-out.

Good to know that I am not alone. The flipperfingers feels good to me,not too strong. I think a plastic above the ramp can fix that

#2640 3 years ago

since there's a separate amp do you think delaying it's turning on would help . with something like this .

amazon.com link »

#2641 3 years ago

Mine has always done this as well.

I believe that Keith mentioned it as possibly being resolved in one of the last updates but it is still happening.

I also still have some audio clicking. I'll have to record some of it to see if others have that. There has been some discussion of what to check and to try to re-seat audio/speaker related connectors/cabling but that didn't fix it.

#2642 3 years ago

Where can I get Mylar for slingshot and lanes for this pin? I have some chipping already so I’d like to protect that area.

#2643 3 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Where can I get Mylar for slingshot and lanes for this pin? I have some chipping already so I’d like to protect that area.

Pinballlife has a selection of Mylar squares at low cost.

#2644 3 years ago

Must be a jjp thing my Hobbit does it as well .

#2645 3 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I also still have some audio clicking. I'll have to record some of it to see if others have that. There has been some discussion of what to check and to try to re-seat audio/speaker related connectors/cabling but that didn't fix it.

Disconnect the headphone connector from the cpu board ab it’s ok

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Scoring on particular movie's wizard modes is very dependent upon the number of super jackpots achieved during that movie's mb, and characters collected during that movie's chapters. If you do subpar in either of those qualifiers(not throwing shade John, just explaining), the score will definitely be less than 300k, even for full completion. Doing average (collecting approximately half the characters and scoring at least one Super jackpot) should yield an average wizard mode score of about 250k. Your Scoring Level (viewable on the Wizard Mode Status Report page), shows where you are, where around 20-25 is considered average. I'll check into it Monday though.
Cheers,
E

Thanks Eric. I know that scoring can vary wildly depending on what you have done. I would have thought in these cases though that my values should have been pretty good. Thanks again for checking on it.

#2647 3 years ago

Had a lot of speaker “noise”, snap crackle pop, while playing. Very annoying. As per above post; follow main cable from headphone jack(black wires) it’s plugged into the bottom right corner of mother board (scarring looking board inside metal case, back box) try reseating first,. If still a problem leave disconnected, should solve problem, you’ll need a new cable. Hopefully that works. I’m waiting for my new cable. Of course u can’t use headphone jack. We’ll see if new cable works, solves problem, if not then new mother board.

#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pinballlife has a selection of Mylar squares at low cost.

Thank you!!

#2649 3 years ago

Is there attract mode music ect.. when games set to free play (settings in menu on)?
My WOZ is on free play and won’t shut up in attract mode.

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Is there attract mode music ect.. when games set to free play (settings in menu on)?
My WOZ is on free play and won’t shut up in attract mode.

No and I really would like them to add something besides the JJP logo music. I’d ideally like yo ho yo ho a Pirates life for me but if they can’t, a custom Pirate track from David Thiel would fit the bill as well. Something to lure people in!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
20,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Atlanta, GA
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Golden, CO
$ 18.95
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 17,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 353.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!