(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 378.
#2501 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Stripper Pirate seems like more fun though! I bet pirates weren’t looking for a fine waitress!! Lol

Ya I know but the mod couple's wife. Wont let him make one of those..will she lol

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Ha . . . I just bought one too and was thinking about how I was going to screw it up trying to break it in half. Just set it aside for later.

I bought one and don't have my game yet. Waiting for some beginner instructions on it too. I do have a cut-off saw that I have a metal cutting blade in it. Following this topic in the thread.

#2503 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

If you are playing a multiball and your last ball drains and the pin goes into ball search and it shoots it out of depths.

This happened to me a couple times tonight. I guess I will need to perform this mod.

Can you show me where exactly on the playfield it goes?

Or should I wait for an official JJP kit/procedure?

#2504 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I bought one and don't have my game yet. Waiting for some beginner instructions on it too. I do have a cut-off saw that I have a metal cutting blade in it. Following this topic in the thread.

Guys, All of the Series 1 Pirates figure characters are the same scale and construction. NO saws are required to do this modification. Simply pry them apart at the articulating waist and super glue the plastic (already in there) pivot plate in so it's secure. My installation of Davy Jones is the same for Captain Jack granted he does have articulating elbows to no heat gun is needed. Trust that this is really not that hard and you can PM me any questions if you run into trouble. I do have a Jack character though I may not use him after seeing how well Davy turned out.

#2505 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Guys, All of the Series 1 Pirates figure characters are the same scale and construction. NO saws are required to do this modification. Simply pry them apart at the articulating waist and super glue the plastic (already in there) pivot plate in so it's secure. My installation of Davy Jones is the same for Captain Jack granted he does have articulating elbows to no heat gun is needed. Trust that this is really not that hard and you can PM me any questions if you run into trouble. I do have a Jack character though I may not use him after seeing how well Davy turned out.

Thanks Dave! When you say “pry,” do you mean just pull it apart or do we need to pry with a screwdriver or something? Also, I got a Series 3 drunk Capt. Sparrow (thought it fitting to spin in the barrel) so hope it’s made the same.

#2506 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Thanks Dave! When you say “pry,” do you mean just pull it apart or do we need to pry with a screwdriver or something? Also, I got a Series 3 drunk Capt. Sparrow (thought it fitting to spin in the barrel) so hope it’s made the same.

I needed a screw driver but it did finally break.

#2507 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I needed a screw driver but it did finally break.

Ok, I’ll give it a try.

#2508 5 years ago

Loving my Pirates LE.
Zero issues out of the box, for those keeping track.
Second game score.

IMG_4420 (resized).JPGIMG_4420 (resized).JPG
#2509 5 years ago

Now that I have this game dialed in, it is a dream to shoot! Unfortunately, I am now to the point where I am trying to progress towards the wizard modes instead of just having fun with the muliballs. Man, this game can be brutal. I will have an amazing game followed by 10 horrible ones. Amazing how fast this game can turn on you!

#2510 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Now that I have this game dialed in, it is a dream to shoot! Unfortunately, I am now to the point where I am trying to progress towards the wizard modes instead of just having fun with the muliballs. Man, this game can be brutal. I will have an amazing game followed by 10 horrible ones. Amazing how fast this game can turn on you!

I keep finding more layers and nuance. Tonight I realized how important the PIRATE inlane awards are, and how ARRR frenzy can really blow up a score coupled with multiballs.

#2511 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Too funny. My daughter who normally doesn't love pinball as we do played almost the entire day saying its so dam addictive but unpredictable. One game she gets 600k the next she gets 15k lol. I'm just glad to see my kids enjoy it as much as I do but I agree at times this game just likes to keep me in my place.

#2512 5 years ago

I join the Arrr crew...

20181230_190221 (resized).jpg20181230_190221 (resized).jpg
#2513 5 years ago

Happy New Years matees from one drunken Pirate to all the other pirates

#2514 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I keep finding more layers and nuance. Tonight I realized how important the PIRATE inlane awards are, and how ARRR frenzy can really blow up a score coupled with multiballs.

Arrr Frenzy is definitely the secret MVP if you are looking for high scores. Combine it with multiball(s), a playfield X and some serious spinner action and the scores just BLOW UP!

#2515 5 years ago

How does the playfield X works?

#2516 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

How does the playfield X works?

I second this question and add, what/where is “Super X?”

#2517 5 years ago

Ok, side mirrors: who to get from (pinballsidemirrors.com?) and what type? B/W, JJP Hobbit/WOZ, or JJP Dialed In?

#2518 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Ok, side mirrors: who to get from (pinballsidemirrors.com?) and what type? B/W, JJP Hobbit/WOZ, or JJP Dialed In?

And to tag along someone find them in Black polished stainless!! Please

#2519 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I ordered b/w from pdi... waiting for them to come on Wednesday will let you know if they fit.

#2520 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I ordered b/w from pdi... waiting for them to come on Wednesday will let you know if they fit.

Thanks. I did find an Old Pinside thread that Claimed the B/W blades fit a JJP but for $200 I wanted to be sure....

#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I second this question and add, what/where is “Super X?”

Super X is the playfield X bonus. Awarded via PIRATE outlane reward after hitting the little bonus X standup targets next to the ramps (target depending on the value that is available). It can also be awarded via Tortuga or Map mystery award.

IMO its the #1 key factor into putting up a good scoring game.

#2522 5 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

I found it...the coil of the left flipper is loose in its bracket. I guess it is not supposed to move at all. I used a tie-wrap to stick it to the top just to try as a workaround and it works fine. How do I solve this permanently, the metal bracket is too wide and it does not seem to adjust with any adjusting screws?
Another error that I have is switch 82 'Bayou Subway Enter' left in open position. I have no idea what to do, anone had this issue and how to fix it?
Thanks again, I'm getting there!

These were my 2 problems on this NIB. Thanks to the community for the troubleshooting help.
-The weak left flipper was missing a guide (cylindrical piece) where the plunger goes into. This was fixed by my distributor a few hours after I raised it (thank you so much).

-the switch 82 error was the opto that was loose and this was fixed in seconds.

Other than this my game works perfectly, there is so much to do on this game this is unbelievable. Wow!

#2523 5 years ago

NYE action button while I wait for the replacement.

20181231_202833 (resized).jpg20181231_202833 (resized).jpg
#2524 5 years ago

I would love to have the coin door Mod from the Mod Couple but the european version is different.

IMG_20190101_110538474 (resized).jpgIMG_20190101_110538474 (resized).jpg
#2525 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

check my posts in this thread as I installed mine from the same website and they worked perfectly fine. JJP Hobbit WOZ

I also second Modcouple making premade DJ to sell. Just not my type of thing.

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

check my posts in this thread as I installed mine from the same website and they worked perfectly fine. JJP Hobbit WOZ

Thanks! I'm not into custom shooter rods, but yours looks awesome. May have to think on that one.

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so to clarify you ordered the Bly/WMS blades from that site and they fit the JJP correct? Looking to order a set of black chrome but can’t get this confirmed. Thanks.

#2528 5 years ago

@Yelobird, Delt31 got his from pinballsidemirrors.com and ordered the JJP Hobbit/WOZ type. The do offer the black that you are looking for. I've ordered from them before but found the process frustrating. I had one set not arrive. USPS reimbursed me and I had to ordered another set. Guess I will give them another go.

#2529 5 years ago

My first wizard mode to start the new year

Screenshot_20190101-185351_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190101-185351_Video Player (resized).jpg
#2530 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Yelobird, Delt31 got his from pinballsidemirrors.com and ordered the JJP Hobbit/WOZ type. The do offer the black that you are looking for. I've ordered from them before but found the process frustrating. I had one set not arrive. USPS reimbursed me and I had to ordered another set. Guess I will give them another go.

Thanks. I did try emailing them a few times with no reply as they do not show the Black Mirror for JJP but I guess time will tell. Just think the black option would be spot on the right look for this theme.

#2531 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

I would love to have the coin door Mod from the Mod Couple but the european version is different.

Get the American door.

LTG : )

#2532 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get the American door.

Im curious man of infinite pinball knowledge... lol Why do they use different doors for export machines?

#2533 5 years ago

Different style of mechs for coins - sometimes electronic mechs which can be setup for different sized European currency.

#2534 5 years ago

I’ve had a couple of stuck balls so far. It seems to happen in two areas:

1. On the shelf to the right of the Pearl (usually after going overboard.)
2. Under the Pearl itself on the left side (which is more worrisome since the boat keeps a-rockin’.)

Places to keep an eye on.

#2535 5 years ago

Wanted poster video on my Pirates.

#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Get the American door.

Where to buy? Which shop is the best source for this?

#2537 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

I have an extra new coin door for sale. I replaced mine from my ce with one powder coated to match, so the version you are looking for, I can get to you.

#2538 5 years ago

For those who might be interested, we have a lighted sidelights mod available on our website and soon in our pinside shop.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-led-strip-translight-side-lights-kit

PicsArt_01-02-01.03.27 (resized).jpgPicsArt_01-02-01.03.27 (resized).jpg
#2539 5 years ago

Couple of minor issues, I hope.....

1) added a player during my first ball and the flippers went dead.
2) during a game both screens went dead. Shut it down and it came back.
3) I keep getting check switches after power up and it’s usually has to do with the ship that the ball hits and all’s I do is move it and it’s goes green.

#2540 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

You'd want the right door and Pirates sticker. Contact Shannan at Jersey Jack Pinball. [email protected]

#2541 5 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

3) I keep getting check switches after power up and it’s usually has to do with the ship that the ball hits and all’s I do is move it and it’s goes green.

#3 is normal (but annoying.). It shows up if the ship hasn’t been hit/bullseyed in the last X games.

For the other issues, have you upgraded to 0.98?

#2542 5 years ago

Yes it is on .98. I have a CE and it came with it.

#2543 5 years ago
Quoted from fastchef:

3 is normal. If the ship isn't "hit" for a few games, it flags this to check that the ship is actually working. You can just ignore it and it'll go away once you hit the ship in a game.

#2544 5 years ago

High scores on my Pirates :

#2545 5 years ago

I cannot lock a ball in the chest on the fly. I have to cradle and hit dead on. Even then it doesn't make it up about 40 to 50 percent of the time. The fork works. I've already cranked the right flipper up three past standard. Should I keep increasing flipper power or is there something else I should check. It is level at 6.5 degrees.

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I cannot lock a ball in the chest on the fly. I have to cradle and hit dead on. Even then it doesn't make it up about 40 to 50 percent of the time. The fork works. I've already cranked the right flipper up three past standard. Should I keep increasing flipper power or is there something else I should check. It is level at 6.5 degrees.

When you say the fork works, have you removed it and tightened the 2 screws inside the mech? Mine was very iffy as you describe, requiring full power and direct hit. It is substantially improved after tightening.

#2547 5 years ago

Skipnatty is live with Pirates of the Caribbean and showing how he puts up ridiculous scores like this! Tune in and hang out for his first stream on Buffalo Pinball: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

potc (resized).jpgpotc (resized).jpg
#2548 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When you say the fork works, have you removed it and tightened the 2 screws inside the mech? Mine was very iffy as you describe, requiring full power and direct hit. It is substantially improved after tightening.

Oh boy...what two screws?

#2549 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

If any JJPOTC owners have been hitting the chest fork legit and wondering why the balls aren't locking like they should into the chest, this is the fix you want to try first.
I removed the five screws holding the fork VUK and discovered two screws holding the fork to the assembly were very loose. After tightening those screws, the lock works as it should.
[quoted image]

These 2 screws.

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

These 2 screws.

Wow! Thanks for the fast reply! They were loose. Wasn't tough to fix. Putter her back together now. Will update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/51?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.