(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 378.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

There was definitely a custom screen on the display and a unique light show -- from what I remember it basically dimmed all the lights except for the shots you needed to hit. It was timed and I didn't hit enough shots in time to progress to figure out what happened next. Can't remember what happened to the music.
Real helpful I know

The way they dim the lights like that and only the shots you need are lit up on that mode makes it more intense and reminds me of the Toto and There's No Place Like Home ball saver modes on WOZ. Very well done.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The way they dim the lights like that and only the shots you need are lit up on that mode makes it more intense and reminds me of the Toto and There's No Place Like Home ball saver modes on WOZ. Very well done.

I think I read somewhere that you’ve played a standard edition on location; is the light show good on it too?

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I read somewhere that you’ve played a standard edition on location; is the light show good on it too?

The only difference "under glass" with the standard that I noticed is that there is no star field on the back panel - just blank in that area ... a good place for a mod I guess. No twirling pirate on the jet poppers. I'm pretty sure everything else is supposed to be the same (under glass). I did shoot the cannon and hit the other ship on it a few times, but not direct hits as it didn't put me right into that mode. The lights changing colors and flickering in the lanterns on the ship is still there on the standard also. The upper flipper loop shot was super smooth, but will take a little practice as the ball is hidden for most of the loop (unlike IMDN). The rewards for consecutive loops and hitting the hole under the ship or the gold in that combination are great and worth the effort. That stupid "I" out lane got me quite a bit - great design, but can be frustrating. On the prototypes Eric removed the rubber from the "E" out lane post near the plunger lane and made the save nudge a little easier. It appears that it ships with the rubber donut on that post and very difficult to save it - tilted every time I tried it (unsuccessfully), but home owners can easily remove the donut, or swap it to the post on the other side. Love it and my wife declared on Facebook that it will be our next pin ... so I guess that's the "golden ticket" final approval from her. It helped that on the game's day 4 at that location (our first visit there) she got the high score #2 right behind Eric's default score.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

On the prototypes Eric removed the rubber from the "E" out lane post near the plunger lane and made the save nudge a little easier. It appears that it ships with the rubber donut on that post and very difficult to save it - tilted every time I tried it (unsuccessfully), but home owners can easily remove the donut, or swap it to the post on the other side.

I did that swap just two days ago
Now it seems to go over there alot, but I am ok with it as my kids freak out when they get a "free ball save". We also have plunder turned up pretty high too. It is hilarious to watch how happy my 9yr gets when she gets to plunder 30 or more pieces of gold from someone (normally me). Plundering definitely leads to smack talk for sure.

#155 5 years ago

There was definitely a custom screen on the display and a unique light show -- from what I remember it basically dimmed all the lights except for the shots you needed to hit. It was timed and I didn't hit enough shots in time to progress to figure out what happened next. Can't remember what happened to the music.

There are custom SFXs for scoring and I wrote a custom piece of music for each of the five POTC wizard modes. JP created great unique graphics for each of the five Wizard modes.

worth getting to.....

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The only difference "under glass" with the standard that I noticed is that there is no star field on the back panel - just blank in that area ... a good place for a mod I guess. No twirling pirate on the jet poppers. I'm pretty sure everything else is supposed to be the same (under glass). I did shoot the cannon and hit the other ship on it a few times, but not direct hits as it didn't put me right into that mode. The lights changing colors and flickering in the lanterns on the ship is still there on the standard also. The upper flipper loop shot was super smooth, but will take a little practice as the ball is hidden for most of the loop (unlike IMDN). The rewards for consecutive loops and hitting the hole under the ship or the gold in that combination are great and worth the effort. That stupid "I" out lane got me quite a bit - great design, but can be frustrating. On the prototypes Eric removed the rubber from the "E" out lane post near the plunger lane and made the save nudge a little easier. It appears that it ships with the rubber donut on that post and very difficult to save it - tilted every time I tried it (unsuccessfully), but home owners can easily remove the donut, or swap it to the post on the other side. Love it and my wife declared on Facebook that it will be our next pin ... so I guess that's the "golden ticket" final approval from her. It helped that on the game's day 4 at that location (our first visit there) she got the high score #2 right behind Eric's default score.

Also the standard doesn't have the mountain -rocks on the left-hand side. Easy to forget when this pin has so much packed in

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

There are custom SFXs for scoring and I wrote a custom piece of music for each of the five POTC wizard modes. JP created great unique graphics for each of the five Wizard modes.
worth getting to.....

Got to the Kraken last night on stream, here's the highlighted game. Also, plundering is awesome.

#158 5 years ago

Kevin - I'm excited to hear you compare your experience with this game and dialed in now that you own both. I suspect they compliment each other well with one being standard other side so let's ignore that for now..... Straight vs mode..... On a desert island with only one of them..... Which one is it?

..... And we know it's early for pirates but immediate first impressions is still helpful.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Kevin - I'm excited to hear you compare your experience with this game and dialed in now that you own both. I suspect they compliment each other well with one being standard other side so let's ignore that for now..... Straight vs mode..... On a desert island with only one of them..... Which one is it?
..... And we know it's early for pirates but immediate first impressions is still helpful.

Don't make me choose!

Keeping in mind that I'm still in the honeymoon period with it, honestly just due to the sheer number of ways you can approach the game with the different captains and sets of modes etc, I'd probably pick POTC for the desert island. Not to mention it'd be thematically appropriate!

And that's saying a lot because I LOVE Dialed In. So there you go, for whatever that's worth.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Quoted from screaminr:

Also the standard doesn't have the mountain -rocks on the left-hand side. Easy to forget when this pin has so much packed in

the big difference on the standard is the white gi lighting instead of rgb gi lighting. otherwise, this is what you gain by getting a limited

shaker
invisiglass
headphone jack with external volume control
topper
mountain toy
pop bumper toys
starfield
target decals

well worth the upgrade to the limited in my eyes. that being said, i have sold a few standards too.

#161 5 years ago

Don't make me choose!
Keeping in mind that I'm still in the honeymoon period with it, honestly just due to the sheer number of ways you can approach the game with the different captains and sets of modes etc, I'd probably pick POTC for the desert island. Not to mention it'd be thematically appropriate!
And that's saying a lot because I LOVE Dialed In. So there you go, for whatever that's worth.

That's it! I'm selling my DI!

haha jk - thanks for the input.

#162 5 years ago

So I watched Kevin's video of this this morning , and I have yet to play one, but I have to say that this game looks absolutely incredible. Like, I watched the deadpool videos and couldn't possibly care less about the game. But this one... after seeing videos I have to have it. Its clearly an incredible pin.

#163 5 years ago

Got to the Kraken last night on stream, here's the highlighted game. Also, plundering is awesome.

Thanks for sharing. You had a good first ball. I love the inner loop, reminds me on nofear. Plundering is a funny idea.

Looks like an other hit from jjp

#164 5 years ago

Look at all of these Homeowner pics.. WOW!! Please stop.. To many being posted. Just kidding but lets get real. Where are the homeowner games???? I keep seeing people getting them on FB but its not homeowners.. I thought someone said like 3 weeks ago homeowners are getting theirs the following week. I need someone close too me to get this pin so i can play it now.

#165 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Look at all of these Homeowner pics.. WOW!! Please stop.. To many being posted. Just kidding but lets get real. Where are the homeowner games???? I keep seeing people getting them on FB but its not homeowners.. I thought someone said like 3 weeks ago homeowners are getting theirs the following week. I need someone close too me to get this pin so i can play it now.

Man, don’t get me started...I’m almost to the point where I don’t want it anymore.

Beyond ridiculous at this point.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Dude,your like a skipping record
Where’s the homeowners games damn it!

#167 5 years ago

I’m a day-1 preorder and was told late October or November now, but that was just a guess. I was told they’re currently doing a big overseas run and then they are going to start on US runs in October and beyond. My distributor informed me that ‘JJP still haven't fulfilled day 1 orders from October 2017 as they have barely started shipping as yet except for distributor show games and some locations for the most part FYI’.

#168 5 years ago

I agree romulusx . Give it a rest Skyemont .

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I’m a day-1 preorder and was told late October or November now, but that was just a guess. I was told they’re currently doing a big overseas run and then they are going to start on US runs in October and beyond. My distributor informed me that ‘JJP still haven't fulfilled day 1 orders from October 2017 as they have barely started shipping as yet except for distributor show games and some locations for the most part FYI’.

This is not what I was told by my distributor.
That shipment was like 4 weeks ago for the overseas people.

#170 5 years ago

Yes, day 1 order here (Insert picture of broken/scratched record for me as well ) and no real ETA. I was told 3-4 weeks a few weeks ago, we'll see

#171 5 years ago

Last update I got from my distributor was on Sept 12th. I was told that some production tweaks were found after the initial 15 units were put out in the field. They are now a couple weeks behind as they update the build specs. Was told to expect them to ship late September or early October to dealers.

#172 5 years ago

Yeah, hopefully they figured out why that upper playfield won't stay still.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

Wait... it's supposed to not move all the time?

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Vdrums:

If it's moving in attract mode, shutting the game off, wait a minute, and turn back on, should fix that.

LTG : )

#175 5 years ago

Anyone care to enlighten us on what the mfg issues are and what corrections are being made? I've heard this from multiple sources now.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is not what I was told by my distributor.
That shipment was like 4 weeks ago for the overseas people.

Its Possible your distributor is just telling you what you want to hear as he has no other answers to continue giving you.... When these begin to roll I am certain we will all know about it in short order. I think at times we forget that Nobody wants these to ship more than the OEM.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Its Possible your distributor is just telling you what you want to hear as he has no other answers to continue giving you.... When these begin to roll I am certain we will all know about it in short order. I think at times we forget that Nobody wants these to ship more than the OEM.

I haven't talked to my distro in almost 2 weeks. I heard this second hand from other distro.

Edit - forgot to add that I believe someone else mentioned this in the production thread a few days ago as well.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I haven't talked to my distro in almost 2 weeks. I heard this second hand from other distro.

Ok? You did state "what I was told by My distributor" regardless, the overseas statement as well as anything else we come up with is simply a Rumor at this point. The only fact will be when games are shown arriving which as I said Nobody wants to happen more the JJP and team. If they want to make it perfect I see no issue with that or any reason to complain. I'm paid in full and when this amazing machine is done I will slide it in and enjoy it then.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok? You did state "what I was told by My distributor" regardless, the overseas statement as well as anything else we come up with is simply a Rumor at this point. The only fact will be when games are shown arriving which as I said Nobody wants to happen more the JJP and team. If they want to make it perfect I see no issue with that or any reason to complain. I'm paid in full and when this amazing machine is done I will slide it in and enjoy it then.

Dude - not sure what the attitude is about but I had that conversation back in August and has nothing to do with the question asked.

Am I missing something here? I didn't ask anything about where the games are.

#180 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Dude - not sure what the attitude is about but I had that conversation back in August and has nothing to do with the question asked.
Am I missing something here? I didn't ask anything about where the games are.

ok I think your taking it a bit to serious. You made the statement 7 Hours ago so I simply replied to it. Nuff said. We ALL want our games and I am certain they will be here. Just trying to answer your questions about MFG issues (30 minutes ago). We are all in the same waiting line just passing the time nothing personal.......

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

ok I think your taking it a bit to serious. You made the statement 7 Hours ago so I simply replied to it. Nuff said. We ALL want our games and I am certain they will be here. Just trying to answer your questions about MFG issues (30 minutes ago). We are all in the same waiting line just passing the time nothing personal.......

It's all good!..I was referring to the slow boat to China comment..pretty sure that left port several weeks ago.

My question was in reference to post #171(delays to update build specs comment). I've heard this elsewhere as well.

Sorry for the confusion.....back to my beer! And waiting...lol!

#182 5 years ago

I have purchased an "LE" version (WOZ RR, DI LE, TH SG) of every JJP game (plus a WOZ standard) and ordered my JJPOTC on day 1...almost a YEAR ago. I guess none of that matters. I was told March. Then I was told May. Then I was told August. Waiting for this game is getting really old. I'm on the verge of canceling.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I have purchased an "LE" version (WOZ RR, DI LE, TH SG) of every JJP game (plus a WOZ standard) and ordered my JJPOTC on day 1...almost a YEAR ago. I guess none of that matters. I was told March. Then I was told May. Then I was told August. Waiting for this game is getting really old. I'm on the verge of canceling.

Why would you wait this long and when you're almost across the finish line pull out and even if you did cancel it's not like you could go out and buy a better pin you already have a hobbit

#184 5 years ago

no one cares about anyone thinking of canceling, the patient people just may get their games faster if you do....I acquired this RR to help me wait.

B5DD6225-296F-4CDC-B6AB-74EE21139B04 (resized).jpegB5DD6225-296F-4CDC-B6AB-74EE21139B04 (resized).jpeg
#185 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

no one cares about anyone thinking of canceling, the patient people just may get their games faster if you do....I acquired this RR to help me wait.
[quoted image]

Can we talk laminated shot Maps yet.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Can we talk laminated shot Maps yet.

the other guy got his sinking ship animation, you may be on to something...

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

You can’t deny that the sinking ship animation adds to the effect of that shot.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

You can thank me for getting that sinking ship animation

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You can’t deny that the sinking ship animation adds to the effect of that shot.

Yes it does just as I said it would.

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I'm on the verge of canceling.

Yessssss.... give in to your anger...
that moves me up one slot..

#191 5 years ago

From Eric:

https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

Thursday - 3PM central- Join us on Twitch for New JJPOTC code drop.
Liars' Dice!
ALL 5 Movie Wizard Modes
New point balancing
General awesomeness
See you there!

For the people waiting, just curious, how much have you paid? Is it just the $250 deposit at this point?

#192 5 years ago

We’re doing this on Thursday too

76FBDBD7-5843-485B-A8E0-E40DB6662175 (resized).jpeg76FBDBD7-5843-485B-A8E0-E40DB6662175 (resized).jpeg
#193 5 years ago

Where do you download this new code?

I’m missing wizard modes!

Edit whoops appears available Thursday

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Where do you download this new code?

From Eric ( hogbog ) 4 hours ago in JJP Live thread :

https://www.twitch.tv/jjplive

Thursday - 3PM central-

Join us on Twitch for New JJPOTC code drop.

Liars' Dice!

ALL 5 Movie Wizard Modes

New point balancing

General awesomeness

See you there!

LTG : )

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

For the people waiting, just curious, how much have you paid? Is it just the $250 deposit at this point?

No

#196 5 years ago

That’s all I’ve paid so far.... balance due when the game hits the line.

#197 5 years ago

I hope Liar's Dice is a proper video mode not just a bonus by picking a cup with dice under it linked to one character

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

That’s all I’ve paid so far.... balance due when the game hits the line.

I believe that the $250 is for the Standard edition but I don't recall. I think that my deposit was $1000.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I believe that the $250 is for the Standard edition but I don't recall. I think that my deposit was $1000.

$250 on standard or limited
$1000 on collectors

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

$250 on standard or limited
$1000 on collectors

Yep I have $250 down on my LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/4?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.