(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,874 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 378.
#2401 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Where exactly are the Black Pearl Motor Outer Opto #69 and Black Pearl Motor Inner Opto #70 located?

They appear to be under the playfield near the back. There’s a pretty good picture in the manual on page C-116.

#2402 5 years ago

Just set up my CE and the game keeps resetting itself about every ten seconds which makes trying to fix it pretty tough. Any ideas? Shame my worries came true that it would have issues straight out the box. Oh well, just gotta keep at it right?

#2403 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Just set up my CE and the game keeps resetting itself about every ten seconds which makes trying to fix it pretty tough. Any ideas? Shame my worries came true that it would have issues straight out the box. Oh well, just gotta keep at it right?

Does “reset” mean it acts like you powered it off/on, full reboot etc?

Maybe the harness to the CPU in the backbox is loose? This is something I checked when my machine initially failed to boot.

#2404 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone else had a bug with the Start Chapter? I have noticed in high scoring games, lots of multiballs, etc, that late in the game I will have several qualified chapters, send a ball into the Start Chapter, the post comes up and the ball bounces around, the LCD shows random canon shots firing from chapters, but then the game just hangs for about 5 seconds. Then it releases the ball and fails to actually start a chapter. It will sometimes do this multiple times in a row and then fix itself if I drain and end my current ball.

Yep, same here. Also if you bet your soul on liars dice and lose, the game hangs.

#2405 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Does “reset” mean it acts like you powered it off/on, full reboot etc?
Maybe the harness to the CPU in the backbox is loose? This is something I checked when my machine initially failed to boot.

Yeah full reboot, I'll take a look at that.

#2406 5 years ago

Anyone else getting black screen on the bonuses?

#2407 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think I found a possible bug? If I disable codex tips, my bonus screens will often be black with just the bonus points shown. If I enable codex tips again, the bonus screen will always have an image/video clip in the background. Anyone else seen this behavior?

Ahhh...yes, this be the bug! ARGHH!

#2408 5 years ago

So unplugging the topper solved my issue but thats not ideal considering Id love to see my Black Pearl rock back and forth. Any suggestions?

#2409 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Where exactly are the Black Pearl Motor Outer Opto #69 and Black Pearl Motor Inner Opto #70 located?
My Black Pearl Motor Inner Opto #70 is always active and I'm not sure that's correct. Ship seems to move fine during play.
The ship test gives mixed results, see pics. Am I right to suspect something wrong?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I checked the optos and the machined disc that spins in between the optos and it appears normal. In test, having the ship go left and right, the disc appears to stop correctly in front of the optos. Movement during play is as expected, I suppose I expected a different behavior in the optos (as in what is closed/open and when) during the ship test.

#2410 5 years ago

New goal...get the external sound as good as the headphone sound. Adding on the Polk subwoofer has given the Pirates some extra oomph. Unfortunately the internal speaker layout in the Pirates is tough to work with. Still missing a lot of low-midrange tones that you pick up with the headphones. So may be looking at an external solution to fill in the gaps. Will see. Would love a direct replacement solution.

#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

So unplugging the topper solved my issue but thats not ideal considering Id love to see my Black Pearl rock back and forth. Any suggestions?

The topper was causing reboots?

#2412 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

New goal...get the external sound as good as the headphone sound. Adding on the Polk subwoofer has given the Pirates some extra oomph. Unfortunately the internal speaker layout in the Pirates is tough to work with. Still missing a lot of low-midrange tones that you pick up with the headphones. So may be looking at an external solution to fill in the gaps. Will see. Would love a direct replacement solution.

Our games are in our media room with a nice 5.1.2 setup w/ subwoofer. We’ve been talking about trying a Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the headphone jack to push the audio to the sound system.

#2413 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Any suggestions?

Motor drawing current down ? Maybe check the whole moving mech for binding ? Maybe new motor ?

LTG : )

#2414 5 years ago

Well, CE owners, especially Yelobird have you found a way to remove the button without damaging the way the button is integrated into the coral rock on the lock down bar? I am concerned about breaking it if I attempt to remove it. It looks like epoxy was used to seal the gap around the button.

#2415 5 years ago

We have 2 collectors editions available. If interested PM or text 586-530-8206

02BD441A-B620-4089-BECC-6DDC562D7A78 (resized).jpeg02BD441A-B620-4089-BECC-6DDC562D7A78 (resized).jpeg18CDC762-5609-4158-B117-BED9262C1B1D (resized).jpeg18CDC762-5609-4158-B117-BED9262C1B1D (resized).jpegDC9CE6AA-FE64-4B5F-9F43-71C7A1927C45 (resized).jpegDC9CE6AA-FE64-4B5F-9F43-71C7A1927C45 (resized).jpeg
#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Well, CE owners, especially yelobird have you found a way to remove the button without damaging the way the button is integrated into the coral rock on the lock down bar? I am concerned about breaking it if I attempt to remove it. It looks like epoxy was used to seal the gap around the button.

Well I just pulled the lock bar and the button is completely free so you should have no issue mending or replacing it. It simply goes through the barnacle piece. Good Luck!

#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

We have 2 collectors editions available. If interested PM or text 586-530-8206
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just to chime in, dealing with Gary has been excellent and I recommend him. Got two LE’s from him.

#2418 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Well I just pulled the lock bar and the button is completely free so you should have no issue mending or replacing it. It simply goes through the barnacle piece. Good Luck!

Thanks! I am so anxious about screwing up the beautiful artwork of the machine I don't want to screw with it. Lol

#2419 5 years ago

While waiting for my LE … just put about 20 plays on a JJPOTC with my wife on location and might have found a small bug in code (for those paying for games). If you win a free game or get a match at the end of a game for a free game, it still shows 0 credits. If we put in 4 quarters ($1 per game), it shows 1 credit. If we push the start button twice, we get a 2 player game. Just something for Keith to look at.

My wife and I love the game and can't wait for ours to be delivered next month sometime.

#2420 5 years ago

Anyone notice a rattle in their backbox during the cannon booms of chapter unlocking from the shaker motor? I have not investigated it yet, I suspect it’s the translite rattling. May try and tamp down with weatherstripping if so.

#2421 5 years ago

Anyone know how to earn extra balls? I think it says constellations but how do you earn those? Or are those the shots where symbols are shiwn

#2422 5 years ago

I discovered as other have noted that there were no pilot holes in the top of the backbox for installing the PotC CE topper.

Steve Z at JJP support had this helpful info for me that I'll pass along here to hopefully assist others:

"For the position of the topper, I reached out to the Production Manager at the factory and asked about the spotting holes for the CE topper. He said that measuring from the front edge of the backbox, the holes should be 7 and 5/8" and then 8 and 1/2" back from the front edge, and then center the topper (don't put the holes in the center, center the topper) side to side. Four holes total to accommodate the four spots on the bracket."

JJP support continues to get it done. Lloyd and Steve get attaboys from me today for being responsive and helpful. Frank probably woulda gotten in on the act too, but he's on vacation!

Thanks, JJP Support!

#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

I discovered as other have noted that there were no pilot holes in the top of the backbox for installing the PotC CE topper.
Steve Z at JJP support had this helpful info for me that I'll pass along here to hopefully assist others:
"For the position of the topper, I reached out to the Production Manager at the factory and asked about the spotting holes for the CE topper. He said that measuring from the front edge of the backbox, the holes should be 7 and 5/8" and then 8 and 1/2" back from the front edge, and then center the topper (don't put the holes in the center, center the topper) side to side. Four holes total to accommodate the four spots on the bracket."
JJP support continues to get it done. Lloyd and Steve get attaboys from me today for being responsive and helpful. Frank probably woulda gotten in on the act too, but he's on vacation!
Thanks, JJP Support!

So basically, we can just unscrew it and drill it down centered?

#2424 5 years ago

Sorry, I missed this was for the CE topper. Was hoping for a procedure to correct the off-center LE topper.

#2425 5 years ago

I’m unboxing another LE next week, and I made myself a checklist of things to do and look for during the process.

I thought I’d share it, if it helps anyone else. If you have suggestions for changes let me know!

https://www.icloud.com/pages/0-5P7Ad82b5f4Cat22MwfCd-w#JJP_POTC_Unboxing

#2426 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So basically, we can just unscrew it and drill it down centered?

That would have been my first thought.

It seems like a few people have their nose out of joint about an off centered topper. Remove it and position it centered, 'problem' solved. Not sure why this was ever listed as an 'problem' or 'issue'. Pearl harness with breaking leads, that is something of concern

#2427 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone know how to earn extra balls? I think it says constellations but how do you earn those? Or are those the shots where symbols are shiwn

There are a couple ways from what I can gather.

- Complete Constellation shots. I believe the easiest way to show these is hitting the "Jack/starmap" shot and the current constellation shot will flash white.

- Light Extra Ball will be a PIRATE outlane reward after completing several rounds of PIRATE rewards.

- Light/Collect Extra Ball also seem to be available via random Tortuga Mystery and Spinning Map rewards.

I can't think of another method but I wouldn't doubt there are other triggers for an extra ball.

#2428 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Across all_ JJP games, I'd like to see a way to scroll through and erase individual pictures. It's certainly possible to sneak something non-family-friendly into a pic, and it'd be a shame to need to erase everyone's_ pix (and scores) just to eliminate one_ bad apple.

Quoted from zaphX:

I’m not entirely sure that is true. The game appears to use face detection algorithms.

2018-12-28 10.14.03 (resized).jpg2018-12-28 10.14.03 (resized).jpg

#2429 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

[quoted image]

That guy has a HUGE nose!

#2430 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

[quoted image]

I stand corrected!

#2431 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I stand corrected!

LOL - I discovered that one late one night when all three remaining balls in my last-ball multiball followed each other SDTM in formation...

#2432 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

[quoted image]

This was expected, but faster than expected!

If you don't want to reset the scores, and if there is no way to delete individual pics, the only work around might be to take the glass off and create an artificial score to replace this one if possible. Put in JJP for the initials as a placeholder score or something similar.

Alternatively, I would guess the images are stored on the SSD in a standard image format. One could try to read the SSD on a computer and see if you could replace the offending image with a copy of a non-offending image.

#2433 5 years ago

Had another very funny Game and ended #1 with an high ARRR! Frenzy score (stacked Multiball with 5x Playfield and then started Frenzy).

Not so easy anymore to get in the High Score List.

This Game is so much fun

2A5E0B10-1131-4B2E-89BC-A71A6CE7CAA5 (resized).jpeg2A5E0B10-1131-4B2E-89BC-A71A6CE7CAA5 (resized).jpeg2B17C4A0-90D5-4732-9648-6CE67AE4D1A1 (resized).jpeg2B17C4A0-90D5-4732-9648-6CE67AE4D1A1 (resized).jpeg97B3691B-2CBA-415F-A7F1-13DB900C2EEB (resized).jpeg97B3691B-2CBA-415F-A7F1-13DB900C2EEB (resized).jpeg

#2434 5 years ago

And here I can’t even knock the default 500K score off the board yet.

#2435 5 years ago

started badly with Salazar but the last two Balls were great.

Had a real Gold Rush with shooting the Loop mutiple times before hitting the gold Targets (saw first time the 50 Gold Chest on the Screen).

It is so great that you can change your strategy during gameplay and focus on something completely different.

3D938AC8-D01C-45B5-9426-EF15A236C989 (resized).jpeg3D938AC8-D01C-45B5-9426-EF15A236C989 (resized).jpegB9FA1CE8-BE28-401E-BE4F-2CC999A8AF73 (resized).jpegB9FA1CE8-BE28-401E-BE4F-2CC999A8AF73 (resized).jpeg
#2436 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Can someone please help me with what I need to look for to fix this issue

Did you get fixed up?

#2437 5 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

I've had my game for about a week now. I absolutely love it. What a great game! I've had just a few of the minor issues that others have also had. Thanks to everyone for your great tips. I'm certainly not a handyman, but I've learned a lot from all the great people on pinside.
My biggest complaint is that i might not be in good enough shape to play this game. I strained my back trying to save the ball from draining down the outlanes. I'm serious. Curious if anyone else has had this happen? My wife was like, "what's wrong with your back?" Me, "oh, strained it playing Pirates". She just shook her head.

I had a similar problem... I have a bad shoulder. I played with a friend for 4 hours straight, slapping the machine to save the ball. I honestly could not raise my arm AT ALL for 2 days! It took about a week to be able to raise my arm above my shoulder! This pin is really heavy and I’m getting old.

#2438 5 years ago

Happy Friday ye scurvy Pirates!! The Mod Couple is Pleased to say the Complete pirate map silencer kit is now tested and might I say works Awesome!!! Kit now includes a solid keyed core with correct durometer rubber gear molded as one. Rigid yet flexible enough to silence the mesh noise along with some minor tooth pitch changes. Direct replacement you simply install the set screws from your gear into the threaded replacement easy-piesy. Thanks to #Rbviessman great suggestion we are Also including a set of self adhesive (1/8") foam rubber pads to the kit to isolate vibration to the playfield and a HUGE plus that now you can fine tune the disk level to the playfield! We will make a light version kit with only the rubber gear and pads for those that already bought the standard silencer kit. In test (2) separate machines the results were Incredibly good. Note not sneak up on a pirate silent but WAY better then stock and very easy to install! Yes my instructions can be daunting (lol) but keep in mind not Everyone is wrench savy, savy? Kits should be up today and know we did everything we could to keep costs down that gear was a B*&^h to make! I hope this can put a quiet rest to any disk concerns and back to pirating!!! Happy holidays to all and thank you so much for your support!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#2439 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Did you get fixed up?

I have not had a chance to look into this yet. Got to love work. I will have a break after the holidays.

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Happy Friday ye scurvy Pirates!! The Mod Couple is Pleased to say the Complete pirate map silencer kit is now tested and might I say works Awesome!!! Kit now includes a solid keyed core with correct durometer rubber gear molded as one. Rigid yet flexible enough to silence the mesh noise along with some minor tooth pitch changes. Direct replacement you simply install the set screws from your gear into the threaded replacement easy-piesy. Thanks to #Rbviessman great suggestion we are Also including a set of self adhesive (1/8") foam rubber pads to the kit to isolate vibration to the playfield and a HUGE plus that now you can fine tune the disk level to the playfield! We will make a light version kit with only the rubber gear and pads for those that already bought the standard silencer kit. In test (2) separate machines the results were Incredibly good. Note not sneak up on a pirate silent but WAY better then stock and very easy to install! Yes my instructions can be daunting (lol) but keep in mind not Everyone is wrench savy, savy? Kits should be up today and know we did everything we could to keep costs down that gear was a B*&^h to make! I hope this can put a quiet rest to any disk concerns and back to pirating!!! Happy holidays to all and thank you so much for your support!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kits are Now online and available from our Website store!! Thanks again and happy new year!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

#2441 5 years ago

Anyone have the post #'s for how to cure the grinding center disc as well as the rocking ship losing power and rocking slower and slower?

#2442 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Anyone have the post #'s for how to cure the grinding center disc as well as the rocking ship losing power and rocking slower and slower?

Umm, the "cure" for the grind sound on the spinning disc would be the needed mod that was announced literally in the post before yours.

Have not seen a cure for that particular ship issue?

#2443 5 years ago
Quoted from JMcDonald:

Umm, the "cure" for the grind sound on the spinning disc would be the needed mod that was announced literally in the post before yours.
Have not seen a cure for that particular ship issue?

Haha I have the mod on order however earlier in the threat people were pulling the mechanism out and having to adjust the gears closer together if I remember correctly.

#2444 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Haha I have the mod on order however earlier in the threat people were pulling the mechanism out and having to adjust the gears closer together if I remember correctly.

And when you get the kit (Granted the new one also includes the rubber gear and pads) you will adjust the gear at that time. No sense creating extra work for yourself!

To those that bought the foam only kit please understand that we did say we were going to work on the Complete gear set over the holidays so we apologize if we missed the schedule. IF you ordered the foam only kit and wish to upgrade to the complete kit please just send me a PM and I can work out the upgrade minus the cost of the previous kit and reduced shipping. Hope that makes things a bit smoother we are working at the fastest pace we can... lol

The Mod Couple

#2445 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/48#post-4754530

In my case the adjustment bar was too high, causing the ship to hit the top of the cabinet slot and bend the motor assembly. Let me know if this matches yours.

#2446 5 years ago

What size screw do you use for this fix?

FCB49EDB-6C56-49AA-9363-F5D0977D6A77 (resized).pngFCB49EDB-6C56-49AA-9363-F5D0977D6A77 (resized).png
#2447 5 years ago

This is my only hang up with this game...literally.

20181228_195532 (resized).jpg20181228_195532 (resized).jpg
#2448 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

[quoted image]

Hah yep I’ve had that happen too.

#2449 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

[quoted image]

On recent games JJP added one of those clear rubber nipple stick on things same as the top of the Tortuga scoop and the issue is solved. Hope this makes sense.

Not sure if this will help but here is a picture of the afore mentioned nipple. lol

IMG_1753 (resized).jpgIMG_1753 (resized).jpg
#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Had another very funny Game and ended #1 with an high ARRR! Frenzy score (stacked Multiball with 5x Playfield and then started Frenzy).
Not so easy anymore to get in the High Score List.
This Game is so much fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get the F out of here. For those posting scores please confirm how many balls per play. I know the Europeans love their fine ball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 18,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/49?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.