(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 378.
#2251 5 years ago

My gate that releases the chest multball lost a screw this morning. To fix it, remove the solenoid from the back and the assembly comes out. The other screw was loose too.

705207C0-18E9-47AB-9556-23ED7978D281 (resized).jpeg705207C0-18E9-47AB-9556-23ED7978D281 (resized).jpegA38BFEDB-6BCD-4CDD-9FFC-1FA28C7B1C1F (resized).jpegA38BFEDB-6BCD-4CDD-9FFC-1FA28C7B1C1F (resized).jpeg
#2252 5 years ago

Anyone else having spotlight LED diffusers popping off a lot? The two above the I lane keep popping out.

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone else having spotlight LED diffusers popping off a lot?

I haven't experienced that. Try a dab of hot glue or silicone.

LTG : )

#2254 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Considering getting one, but wondering how long, on average, folks are taking to get the machine properly working.

I only had to adjust 1 switch and then ZERO issues, waaaaaay less than any other NIB that I've purchased.

#2255 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Did you check the sensors for the canon? They are optical and might be loose.

Not yet. Anything I should know about accessing it?

#2256 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not yet. Anything I should know about accessing it?

Just pull out the playfield a bit so you can get access. Look down the canon and you can see them on the left and right side.

#2257 5 years ago

Twas the night before Christmas (eve), not a creature was stirring not even a monkey. Mods were hung by the chimney with care in Hopes that St JJP Pirates would soon be there. Then out from the lawn there rose such a clatter, it appears some elves had arose from a van. Not just ordinary elves but a Special surprise from the East Pole. As the elves turned our jaws dropped with surprise, as the elves were non other than the famous Pirate brothers themselves! Eric and Christopher (KingPinGames) WOW! Not here to plunder but rather to share some holiday cheer. Such a wonderful and Appreciated surprise! After the shock a smooth delivery, a gracious personalized autograph, and for good measure Eric decided to take Grand Champion score for me to stare at for likely years to come lol. The game worked Perfectly and Eric also took some time to share some additional details on setup so I could share them with the CE group as he travels. An absolutely memorable day and a machine that will long define pinball at its best. Thank you to Eric and Christopher (and their families) for sharing some of their holiday time to make my families holiday special!
SPECIAL NOTE! Christopher mentioned he still had 1 or 2 CE machines left in his slay so if your looking for a Magical Piratey Christmas he can still make it happen!!! KingPinGames!!

IMG_1659 (resized).jpgIMG_1659 (resized).jpgIMG_1660 (resized).jpgIMG_1660 (resized).jpgIMG_1662 (resized).jpgIMG_1662 (resized).jpgIMG_1663 (resized).jpgIMG_1663 (resized).jpgIMG_1682 (resized).jpgIMG_1682 (resized).jpg
#2258 5 years ago

Game delivered right before Christmas by the designer and his distributor brother in person(s).
Now THAT is galactic dancing!

#2259 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That’s my biggest issue they are the most costly games on the market and their quality control on pirates is very bad and people should be getting games that they don’t have to tinker with and fix all these things out of the box like a stern pinball or cgc; and I love the pirates pinball too just not sure who is testing these at the factory

If you think you don’t have to tinker a cgc you don’t know reality!

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Twas the night before Christmas (eve), not a creature was stirring not even a monkey. Mods were hung by the chimney with care in Hopes that St JJP Pirates would soon be there. Then out from the lawn there rose such a clatter, it appears some elves had arose from a van. Not just ordinary elves but a Special surprise from the East Pole. As the elves turned our jaws dropped with surprise, as the elves were non other than the famous Pirate brothers themselves! Eric and Christopher (KingPinGames) WOW! Not here to plunder but rather to share some holiday cheer. Such a wonderful and Appreciated surprise! After the shock a smooth delivery, a gracious personalized autograph, and for good measure Eric decided to take Grand Champion score for me to stare at for likely years to come lol. The game worked Perfectly and Eric also took some time to share some additional details on setup so I could share them with the CE group as he travels. An absolutely memorable day and a machine that will long define pinball at its best. Thank you to Eric and Christopher (and their families) for sharing some of their holiday time to make my families holiday special!
SPECIAL NOTE! Christopher mentioned he still had 1 or 2 CE machines left in his slay so if your looking for a Magical Piratey Christmas he can still make it happen!!! KingPinGames!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

#2261 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So awesome! Now show us where that cute little monkey goes so I can give you more of my money.

#2262 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'd upgrade if I could. The CE is over the top for that game.

Call Chris today, make your holidays great. 608-393-2299

LTG : )

#2263 5 years ago

Played a JJPOTC CE at a local bar this weekend... a lot of fun! We're now thinking about getting the LE for our next game, but having a tough time deciding between DI and POTC. The topper on the CE is really clever, I thought it was really cool and normally I don't care much for toppers.

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Played a JJPOTC CE at a local bar this weekend... a lot of fun! We're now thinking about getting the LE for our next game, but having a tough time deciding between DI and POTC. The topper on the CE is really clever, I thought it was really cool and normally I don't care much for toppers.

Had a DI. Great game. Now have a POTC LE. I prefer POTC out of those two, but both great games.

#2265 5 years ago

Pirates isn't complete without the best character in the films. "Jack the Monkey"!! Of all the mods we have created this one is dare I say the Cutest thing we have ever made. This mischievous monkey know to haunt Jack Sparrow is up to his old tricks stealing the pinball (scaled of coarse...) from your fun! While there are several places you can install him he is like the movies at home on the Black Pearl railing keeping an eye out for trouble or looking for it!! Each mod meticulously hand painted to keep with the games beauty. We hope you love him as much as we did creating him. "We named the Monkey Jack!" Available NOW from our website store!

www.TheModCouplePinball.com

Thanks SO much for all the interest and support. We Love what we do and appreciate being part of your amazing collections!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2266 5 years ago

Pirates Ye Be Warned!!!! Custom shooter plate sign mod. Be warned you are plunging into a world of Fun with Pirates of the Caribbean. Ye Be warned it's an amazing ride. This simple yet highly detailed add on is a fitting theme piece to show off your fine pirate skills! Airbrushed and detailed, a fitting piece for the pirate lover in all of us! Arghhhhhhh! Available Now from our website store.

Thank you ALL for the support and interest!

The Mod Couple

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
#2267 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pirates isn't complete without the best character in the films. "Jack the Monkey"!! Of all the mods we have created this one is dare I say the Cutest thing we have ever made. This mischievous monkey know to haunt Jack Sparrow is up to his old tricks stealing the pinball (scaled of coarse...) from your fun! While there are several places you can install him he is like the movies at home on the Black Pearl railing keeping an eye out for trouble or looking for it!! Each mod meticulously hand painted to keep with the games beauty. We hope you love him as much as we did creating him. "We named the Monkey Jack!" Available NOW from our website store!
Thanks SO much for all the interest and support. We Love what we do and appreciate being part of your amazing collections!
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You need to setup a subscription service that just automatically ships your items when they come out. Or bunch them up so I can combine shipping! Lol. Order being placed now right when I just received the bumper caps and silencer kit.

#2268 5 years ago

If any JJPOTC owners have been hitting the chest fork legit and wondering why the balls aren't locking like they should into the chest, this is the fix you want to try first.

I removed the five screws holding the fork VUK and discovered two screws holding the fork to the assembly were very loose. After tightening those screws, the lock works as it should.

IMG_6688 (resized).jpgIMG_6688 (resized).jpg
#2269 5 years ago

Put the Mod Couples silencer kit in tonight. SOOOO much better. You can still tell that it is on, but it is not annoyingly loud any longer. As an extra bonus, my disk is now much more level with the playfield. Honestly if it were any quieter you wouldn’t realize it was moving. I will admit, it is not the easiest of mods to put in but anyone that has had experience with pinball machines should be able to easily do it.

This mod for me is mandatory. It truly just makes the game more enjoyable. Makes it feel even more like the high end quality machine it wants to be.

Now for Jack the monkey...hmm...can he fit on the lower stationary pop bumper?

#2270 5 years ago

I would not put anything onto a pop bumper that is only held on by sticky tape.

#2271 5 years ago

Had a success with my Maelstrom exit ramp!

I read an old pinside thread that suggested overly tight set screws (the ones on the switch itself) can cause them to stick.

I loosened the left one and the plunger came out with an audible pop! The switch is now working perfectly.

#2272 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

You need to setup a subscription service that just automatically ships your items when they come out. Or bunch them up so I can combine shipping! Lol. Order being placed now right when I just received the bumper caps and silencer kit.

Lol, this! ...and I cant imagine this will be the last shipment you and I are receiving for pirates.

#2273 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

If any JJPOTC owners have been hitting the chest fork legit and wondering why the balls aren't locking like they should into the chest, this is the fix you want to try first.
I removed the five screws holding the fork VUK and discovered two screws holding the fork to the assembly were very loose. After tightening those screws, the lock works as it should.
[quoted image]

This should be book marked lol. It was causing my issue too.

#2274 5 years ago

Put the Mod Couples silencer kit in tonight. SOOOO much better. You can still tell that it is on, but it is not annoyingly loud any longer. As an extra bonus, my disk is not much more level with the playfield. Honestly if it were any quieter you wouldn’t realize it was moving. I will admit, it is not the easiest of mods to put in but anyone that has had experience with pinball machines should be able to easily do it.
This mod for me is mandatory. It truly just makes the game more enjoyable. Makes it feel even more like the high end quality machine it wants to be.
Now for Jack the monkey...hmm...can he fit on the lower stationary pop bumper?

Thank you So very much for the kind words and feedback. I give my wife credit for "Jack". While I can sculpt anything without the steady hand of art he is just a lifeless statue. Technically as long as he is sitting on the edge of something to allow his little feet to dangle you can put him most anywhere. In my opinion as the mascot of the Black Pearl he really should be on that ship but as you know the pirates code is "more of a Guidelines anyway!" lol

#2275 5 years ago

I need to offer a HUGE shout out to The Mod Father for making an absolutely AWESOME POTC must have. While all the mods and accessories he makes are Always top notch his Custom POTC pingulp and shooter rod are a picture perfect fit for this machine!!! The detail, color choice, beautiful barnacle accents and pirate imagery are spot on amazing! I have very few external mods but I must say these are well worth it to complete the complete pirate theme. Thanks again to The Mod Father for raising the bar on a Really cool set!

Do check out his amazing collection and for POTC its a no brainer!
https://modfatherpinball.com

IMG_1679 (resized).jpgIMG_1679 (resized).jpgIMG_1680 (resized).jpgIMG_1680 (resized).jpgIMG_1681 (resized).jpgIMG_1681 (resized).jpg

#2276 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So my full issues list so far, solved and unsolved: (took delivery 12/20, today is 12/23):
[X] Wireform for shooter lane bent. Removed, reformed, replaced.
[X] Torn shooter tip. Replacement en route but got one at a local shop in the interim.
[X] Gold/action button sticking. Fixed with a small amount of WD40 to the plunger underneath.
[ ] Missing tilt bob. Replacement en route.
[X] MA[P] target sticking behind [A]. Fixed by loosening under the playfield and moving over slightly.
[X] GO[L]D target sticking behind wiring harness. Fixed by loosening switch and pressing the harness up and out of the way, then tightening back down.
[ ] Maelstrom exit ramp switch defective. Reported to distributor and JJP, replacement en route.
[ ] Black Pearl cannon is inconsistently detecting the loaded ball. Switch test reporting stuck closed. Unsure if this is a clearance issue or another bad switch.
So...I’m on my 4th day

That's rough! Have you been playing at all? Enjoying?

Tempted to go against my rule of first playing before buying as I've been burned before.

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

That's rough! Have you been playing at all? Enjoying?
Tempted to go against my rule of first playing before buying as I've been burned before.

Oh absolutely we’ve been playing! Hours and hours.
I initially had a preorder on this game, then decided to wait and play first.

As soon as I played it I knew I made a mistake and had to own it.

It really is that good.

My problems really haven’t been *that* severe, and the support I’ve gotten for each from distributor and JJP has been excellent.

I fixed my Maelstrom issue which was a game-breaker, and the only remaining issue I’m stuck on is the pearl cannon optos. I wanted to tackle that tonight, but my wife asked I wait for tomorrow so she could play

I have no regrets whatsoever about buying this pin.

#2278 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Oh absolutely we’ve been playing! Hours and hours.
It really is that good.
My problems really haven’t been *that* severe, and the support I’ve gotten for each from distributor and JJP has been excellent.
I fixed my Maelstrom issue which was a game-breaker, and the only remaining issue I’m stuck on is the pearl cannon optos. I wanted to tackle that tonight, but my wife asked I wait for tomorrow so she could play
I have no regrets whatsoever about buying this pin.

Glad you're enjoying! Seems like just about everybody is loving it.

#2279 5 years ago

It really is that good.

Same here.... but glad I did since it ultimately led me to get my CE.

Of note, anyone know if this block should be removed?

20181223_224800 (resized).jpg20181223_224800 (resized).jpg
#2280 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Same here.... but glad I did since it ultimately led me to get my CE.
Of note, anyone know if this block should be removed?[quoted image]

It's a shipping block that should be removed and stored in the game . It will make your playfield harder than necessary to put back in the cabinet if left in.
Reinstall if you ever move your game folded on its back.

#2281 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

It's a shipping block that should be removed and stored in the game . It will make your playfield harder than necessary to put back in the cabinet if left in.

Thank, and thank you for this game!

Oh, and if you are still lurking, could you tell me if there is a way to adjust the magnet in the starmap/chapter select area? 50% of the time when the ball rests on the left side of the up post, it ends up going stdm and makes me a sad pirate.

#2282 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

So that’s why the playfield is so hard to close! I removed all the white ones including the one “stuck” to the back of the playfield. Missed this one.

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I need to offer a HUGE shout out to The Mod Father for making an absolutely AWESOME POTC must have. While all the mods and accessories he makes are Always top notch his Custom POTC pingulp and shooter rod are a picture perfect fit for this machine!!! The detail, color choice, beautiful barnacle accents and pirate imagery are spot on amazing! I have very few external mods but I must say these are well worth it to complete the complete pirate theme. Thanks again to The Mod Father for raising the bar on a Really cool set!

I appreciate the kind words, glad you like the mods. Chuck

#2284 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Couldn't agree more. Chuck not only makes superb mods but he also provides superior customer service. I'd recommend the Mod Father (and the Mod Couple too) unequivocally.

#2285 5 years ago

I think I found a possible bug? If I disable codex tips, my bonus screens will often be black with just the bonus points shown. If I enable codex tips again, the bonus screen will always have an image/video clip in the background. Anyone else seen this behavior?

#2286 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I think I found a possible bug? If I disable codex tips, my bonus screens will often be black with just the bonus points shown. If I enable codex tips again, the bonus screen will always have an image/video clip in the background. Anyone else seen this behavior?

Not sure if this would help at all as I’m not savvy on code but did you reboot after making the changes? Curious if the scene is written at start up?

#2287 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure if this would help at all as I’m not savvy on code but did you reboot after making the changes? Curious if the scene is written at start up?

Yes I did try that and it exhibited the same behavior. Good troubleshooting tip though!

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes, I have the same behavior on my CE as this. I wanted to turn off the codex tips, but in doing so lost the video clip in the background on bonus.

#2289 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes I did try that and it exhibited the same behavior. Good troubleshooting tip though!

It was worth a try... Eric did mention for ALL POTC owners they are finalizing a software code update so I suspect many of these fine adjustments and some code wonderment will be added. The way I play I don't ever plan to See all the amazing code but we enjoy it all the same!!

#2290 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It was worth a try... Eric did mention for ALL POTC owners they are finalizing a software code update so I suspect many of these fine adjustments and some code wonderment will be added. The way I play I don't ever plan to See all the amazing code but we enjoy it all the same!!

I completely agree. I figured at least this way if they were not already aware, they would read and see the bug if others also had this.

#2291 5 years ago

Well I’m still having trouble with the Pearl cannon.

I see no physical issue with the optos - see pics, maybe I’m missing it?

When I run the switch test and put a ball in the cannon, it sees it.
But during gameplay, the ship fails to list up and down during the cannon shot. It is somewhat inconsistent as it worked once this morning and failed once.

2CA5695B-1483-4780-BB16-6E68C9E8156D (resized).jpeg2CA5695B-1483-4780-BB16-6E68C9E8156D (resized).jpeg5FC30E45-273E-489D-91EE-CCEA377C36C7 (resized).jpeg5FC30E45-273E-489D-91EE-CCEA377C36C7 (resized).jpegCAFFDEF9-291C-4E78-BABD-4A52D4080959 (resized).jpegCAFFDEF9-291C-4E78-BABD-4A52D4080959 (resized).jpeg
#2292 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I completely agree. I figured at least this way if they were not already aware, they would read and see the bug if others also had this.

Appreciate you mentioning this. I disabled the tips as they are SUPER annoying but I'm seeing all black which I thought was normal. I'll prob swap back to check it out thanks

#2293 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well I’m still having trouble with the Pearl cannon.
I see no physical issue with the optos - see pics, maybe I’m missing it?
When I run the switch test and put a ball in the cannon, it sees it.
But during gameplay, the ship fails to list up and down during the cannon shot. It is somewhat inconsistent as it worked once this morning and failed once.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I see both sensors look to be in place. Nothing stands out to me from there far as I can tell. Have you called JJP yet about this one? Definitely odd.

#2294 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Appreciate you mentioning this. I disabled the tips as they are SUPER annoying but I'm seeing all black which I thought was normal. I'll prob swap back to check it out thanks

For what it's worth, if you hit both flippers when the codex tip pops up, it instantly skips it. That's what I'm doing for now.

#2295 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Gold star for you. First time I've seen this one. We'll take a look Wednesday!

#2296 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Gold star for you. First time I've seen this one. We'll take a look Wednesday!

Shouldn't it be gold coin, not gold star?

#2297 5 years ago

Latest revision of the underwater light show. Different projector (actually is brighter since the floor was so dark), green and blue lights. Will need to modify the projector a bit if possible. More on that as I dig into it. At this point, I just want to see what is possible.

#2298 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I see both sensors look to be in place. Nothing stands out to me from there far as I can tell. Have you called JJP yet about this one? Definitely odd.

Well strangely now it seems to be working again? Sometimes there is a substantial delay before it starts rocking the ship up and down. Sometimes not.
Sometimes the ship -never- starts rocking, and while I’m waiting for the aiming opportunity it eventually gives up and takes a shot automatically.

I guess I will open a ticket and see what support has for me. They’ve been very good with suggestions so far.

#2299 5 years ago

Latest revision of the underwater light show. Different projector (actually is brighter since the floor was so dark), green and blue lights. Will need to modify the projector a bit if possible. More on that as I dig into it. At this point, I just want to see what is possible.

Looks great !

#2300 5 years ago

Looks Way cool. I ordered the same light for our machine and it arrived today for some holiday makeover! Thanks for sharing!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/46?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.