(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 378.
#2201 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw I did experience balls getting caught up in the subway during MB recently and I applied the fix noted earlier and haven't had one since
Great job pinside. I had two very minor issues and they are both resolved. Game plays 100%

HEY! Stop doing tech services or the LTG Union will be at your door! lol You trying to take his job!! JK as he is irreplaceable!

#2202 5 years ago

I just got my game setup after a painful journey up a double flight of stairs with a U turn landing. I had some sort of impact during shipping with a hole in the box and damage to the lower back of the head unit, that’s being handled via insurance. Let me list the current issues with the game as it sits and hopefully get some advise on quick fix issues. For reference, I bought two machines for Christmas. JJ THLE and JJ POTCCE. THLE was from a local seller and I had a pinball guy check I out prior to delivery and it works great. The POTC has these issues

1. center button: if the bar lock is applied fully to the right the button locks down as well. The button didn’t reach the switch at all and I had read on here that the screw will fix the length that the switch works from and that seems to work. However the lock still cannot be fully engaged without preventing function of this button.

2. The shooter rod cannot launch the ball at all. I have to slap the back of the launcher quite hard to get the ball to launch. Might be an issue with level. I need to get a better digital measurement. My phone app isn’t good and my analog dial isn’t accurate to more than 2 degrees.

3. Test game launches the ball into the pearl and the ball can not leave the ship through the drain out due to the ship being set lower than the exit ramp. It’s almost a 1/4 in drop. The ship rocks during game play but it seems less than videos I have seen. I have looked around with a flash light and seen no more packing material or loose materials that may have caused an issue.

4. 27in monitor is clearly shifted and not seated properly. Main set of keys didn’t work to open the top. I think the are on the inside of the door but didn’t see them due to family commitments them this evening.

5. What’s an easy to find or best way to measure 6.5 degrees on a Playfield. Best was to measure level across left to right on a Playfield ? What’s the best spot to hit the level bubble at on the side( I recall bubble at the start of the second line?)

Thank you in advance!

I am super glad I have read all of the posts here with details about your issues. I will be reading them all again looking for possible solutions to my issues. I had not planned to set these games up on my own as I am a newbie and had hired a pinball mover to handle all of the setup and stair movement. However he dropped the game off in my foyer and ghosted without a word. Left me in a huge lurch trying to find people to assist me with moving two 350lb games up stairs on zero notice while the family was out. Damn near ruined Christmas. Got a text a bit later saying family emergency and that I would never get the games up my stairs, it was impossible which is what I really think was the issue. It made for a very rough day, but Christmas was saved at the cost of my back. I’m not a stressed out type but today I hit panic mode.

#2203 5 years ago

Installed mod couple disc silencer. Easy with great instructions included. And it’s like night and day. MUCH quieter, almost silent even.

#2204 5 years ago

Btw straightened out my left spinner. Push the bracket up and to the left of anyone else has this issue. Mine was getting caught under the Rock and ramp

20181219_205033 (resized).jpg20181219_205033 (resized).jpg20181222_211427 (resized).jpg20181222_211427 (resized).jpg
#2205 5 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

I just got my game setup

Quoted from Furio:

1. center button:

On my game, I held the switch arm down and a tiny bit past the point where the knob goes into the switch body, bent the arm up. A blob of hot glue on the end of the button makes a wider surface to engage the switch arm and not stick on it.

Quoted from Furio:

2. The shooter rod cannot launch the ball at all.

Assuming the playfield hangers aren't bent and playfield is in the right position, check between the shooter knob and shooter housing, any fat washers, remove some so the shooter rod is closer to the ball.

Quoted from Furio:

3. Test game launches the ball into the pearl and the ball can not leave the ship through the drain out due to the ship being set lower than the exit ramp.

Right side of the ramp/ship, below the spotlight is a screw through the metal ramp into a rubber grommet into a hex post. Screw that screw in more squeezing the rubber grommet so the ramp leans to the right.

Quoted from Furio:

The ship rocks during game play but it seems less than videos I have seen.

The ships rocks a lot more the farther into a game you progress.

Quoted from Furio:

Main set of keys didn’t work to open the top. I think the are on the inside of the door

Main keys are for coin door. Backbox lock key is hanging inside the coin door on a hook.

Quoted from Furio:

What’s an easy to find or best way to measure 6.5 degrees on a Playfield.

I use an inclinometer or - http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

LTG : )

#2206 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Installed mod couple disc silencer. Easy with great instructions included. And it’s like night and day. MUCH quieter, almost silent even.

Good to hear. I have mine but haven't installed yet. Disc is noticeable but not really while actually playing. How long did it take you as instructions are extensive

#2207 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Owners thoughts so far? Curious about code in regards to the level of excitement, adrenaline rush this game has, and is it easy to understand.

Having gotten it dialed in from the various tweaky things, I am very_ happy with it. It plays great and the software feels like production quality.
The video screen animations are the best I’ve seen in pinball.

I was initially fairly confused by the rule set, but I’ve got it now. Someone posted a really good succinct explanation:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simple-explanations-of-basic-goals-in-jjp-s-pirates-of-the-caribbean

#2208 5 years ago

More like LTG Mafia.

You'll wake up with a castrated monkey head in your bed.

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Then what the heck is going on with your avatar!?

Fixed!

#2210 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good to hear. I have mine but haven't installed yet. Disc is noticeable but not really while actually playing. How long did it take you as instructions are extensive

10-15 minutes. It’s actually pretty quick. I will note that the snap washer in step 5 did not fit, but by turning the number 14 screw in the diagram counter clockwise it created a little more space and it fit right in.

It is very easy you’ll get it no problem.

#2211 5 years ago

So I notice there are skulls in the chapter icons under each movie. I'm talking about the 5 spaces that represent your chapter progress. One of them is a skull. What does that represent?

#2212 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

More like LTG Mafia.
You'll wake up with a castrated monkey head in your bed.

YIKES!!! You just frightened "Jack" before his big debut tomorrow! I'll never get this little guy to put the ball down and go to bed now!! You mean man you. lol

IMG_1654 (resized).jpgIMG_1654 (resized).jpg
#2214 5 years ago

New issue - when loading the cannon, the Pearl doesn’t move up and down, making the bullseye shot impossible.
It does move fine under normal circumstances.

I’ve run the “calibrate” step. Any suggestions here?

#2215 5 years ago

At the beginning of the game the machine selects 5 of the 25 chapters in each movie that you could play during that game. The skulls are the shots on the playfield that qualify the chapter for each movie and they are color coded. The skull value is raised by hitting that color shot when no chapter is going. Green is the chest shot so the skull value starts at 1000 and then is boosted slightly by each green skull shot while no chapter is going. You can hold you skull values by hitting the depths one at a time or by mystery awards. The whole mess is multiplied when you start a chapter by how many chapters you had qualified when you started a new chapter by hitting the Jack shot (starfield). So say you had all 5 skull shots hit before you started a chapter. So then your value of arrow (character) shots in that chapter is whatever your skull value had built up to of whatever color movie you started. You’ll see mystery awards that will add 1250 to green skull for example. Then that skull value is multiplied during the chapter you start by 2.5x if you had 5 qualified chapters and less if less qualified. So skull value means a lot if you can build it, then possibly hold it over, then start a chapter with 4 or 5 qualified and then if you happen to get a chapter with 10 characters available, for example, each shot will be worth, say, a skull value of for example 2500 x 2.5x if you had 5 qualified times 10 if you collect all ten available plus your completion bonus. (Drink some coffee, walk around, it can get complex). So if the skull is in the fourth box from the left on the row, that just means you’ll start whatever chapter the game has chosen for that spot if you start a chapter and it lands on that colored movie. Regardless, you have to play 5 from that movie to progress towards qualifying that movie’s wizard mode.

#2216 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Any suggestions here?

Switch in the cannon working ? So it knows a ball is there.

#2217 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

YIKES!!! You just frightened "Jack" before his big debut tomorrow! I'll never get this little guy to put the ball down and go to bed now!! You mean man you. lol
[quoted image]

Love it...the monkey stole a ball. Really detailed for that small of a character. Looking forward to see where you place him.

#2218 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Looking forward to see where you place him.

Careful. You won't be able to unsee it.

#2219 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Love it...the monkey stole a ball. Really detailed for that small of a character. Looking forward to see where you place him.

No where near Lloyd apparently!! lol Yes I must say of all the mods we have created this one is (dare I say...) the cutest dam thing ever! lol I know Pinball shouldn't be cute but the amount of micro hand detail and his face are just priceless. After our new game arrives tomorrow he "Jack" hopes to make his debut along with another (we feel) really nice touch POTC piece. This game is just So easy to get inspired by, we Love it!

#2220 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

the cutest dam thing ever!

Cute is nice. Undead would be better.

Can't wait until the unveiling.

#2221 5 years ago

Couple of issues on my new machine, looking for assistance.

Switch 24 i think is stuck closed, this is the ship on the left... looks like i need to take the ship apart to get to it?

Also, the right most spotlight on the left sling is out..but will flash a moment when a flipper button is pushed.

Got tired, so I'll need to lift the playfield tomorrow morning... just wanted to see if anyone had the same issue in advance. Thanks.

#2222 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Couple of issues on my new machine, looking for assistance.
Switch 24 i think is stuck closed, this is the ship on the left... looks like i need to take the ship apart to get to it?
Also, the right most spotlight on the left sling is out..but will flash a moment when a flipper button is pushed.
Got tired, so I'll need to lift the playfield tomorrow morning... just wanted to see if anyone had the same issue in advance. Thanks.

Bulb is loose in spot lamp. Switch 24 has been covered a few times in this thread I believe.

#2223 5 years ago

Switch 24 has nothing to do with the ship on the left. I’m going to take a chance that possibly you mean switch 48 target ship hit is giving an error as stuck closed? No taking apart anything about it if that’s the case. The switch itself is a micro switch and it’s located down below on the back panel in the left hand corner. So you would pull the playfield forward a bit to the second set of feet and then walk up to the left side of the game so you could look down in there. There’s a long bar with a spring that pushes the switch closed when the ship is hit by the ball fired out of the cannon. But before you even pull the playfield forward, just do this: slide off the glass, move the dauntless ship from left to right with your hand. It doesn’t move that far. If you bring up either the test report showing the error or the matrixed switch test and then move the ship and trigger the switch and the switch actually works, the error will go away. Perhaps the ship was hit and moved left and got stuck and failed to return to its normal rest position and is thus holding the switch closed. Moving it back will open the switch again. See if the game recognizes the switch when you move it from left to right and back again.
The other switch I’m thinking you may mean that is associated with the ship on the left is target ship bullseye which is switch 79. This is an opto and is then normally closed. If that’s giving an error as stuck closed, perhaps it just hasn’t been hit in awhile. Remember that the game thinks it’s in a bar or bowling alley or commercial location where it is getting heavy play. If the software doesn’t see a particular switch hit for a period of balls played, it flags the switch as potentially stuck or broken to alert the operator to check it out. In the case of target ship bullseye, that switch is hit only when the cannon shot goes into the hole in the side of the target ship. So if you have younger kids, inexperienced players or worst of all, say, ME playing the game, many games could go by with no one successfully hitting that opto and the game then diligently reports it as needing to be checked. What you can do is slide the playfield glass off, start a game and when the ball is served to the plunger, open the door and go into test mode to the error report or switch test, leave the door open and physically pick up the pinball and toss it into the hole as if you had made the cannon shot perfectly. That will hit the opto and if it works correctly, the error will clear itself. If when you go into matrixed switch test that box 79 is red, breaking the opto beam with the ball will take the red away assuming the switch actually works. I’d do that before taking things apart.
Hope that helps.

#2224 5 years ago

"So if the skull is in the fourth box from the left on the row, that just means you’ll start whatever chapter the game has chosen for that spot if you start a chapter and it lands on that colored movie. Regardless, you have to play 5 from that movie to progress towards qualifying that movie’s wizard mode."

I understood everything except this part. Does the multiplication of value you described just apply to the chapter in the skull slot on the screen? Still not sure what these skulls mean that are placed randomly once on the five chapter slots on the screen

#2225 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

IF JJP is taking requests like this, please remove Keira Knightley from the playfield as I have a difficult time playing with an erection! Umph

#2226 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Bracket needs to be bent up.

I like the fact that this guy" Hogbog chimes in every now and then! He sure does seem to know his stuff bout this pin!

Quoted from pickleric:

I don’t feel this game has the andrenaline rush of other pins at all

Have you gotten arrrg frenzie with all 5 multi ball stacked, it's insane!!!!!
And I still have not broke a mill yet

#2227 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

"So if the skull is in the fourth box from the left on the row, that just means you’ll start whatever chapter the game has chosen for that spot if you start a chapter and it lands on that colored movie. Regardless, you have to play 5 from that movie to progress towards qualifying that movie’s wizard mode."
I understood everything except this part. Does the multiplication of value you described just apply to the chapter in the skull slot on the screen? Still not sure what these skulls mean that are placed randomly once on the five chapter slots on the screen

From one of the JJP guys.

“If I read what you're asking correctly, the skull icon under the open cannon port indicates the currently selected chapter from that movie that you have qualified. I'm pretty sure it has the Chapter title displayed somewhere there, but I'm not currently in front of a game(I'm at a bar a mile from the factory, actually. I've been in Lakewood NJ getting the CEs off the line). If you shoot that movie's shot again, the skull will move one position to the right, indicating that you have changed that movie's qualified chapter to the next one. Each movie has 5 chapters pulled from it's pool of 25ish at the beginning of the game, and the skull indicates which one from that movie you currently have as the contender to start if you shoot Chapter Start. If you only have one movie lit, obviously the Chapter that skull is indicating is what you will start. If you have multiple movies lit, then it will be a toss up between whichever chapter the skulls are currently referencing from the different movie's.... Hope that cleared it up! But I've had a couple 9% IPAs and am typing on my phone”

#2228 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

From one of the JJP guys.
“If I read what you're asking correctly, the skull icon under the open cannon port indicates the currently selected chapter from that movie that you have qualified. I'm pretty sure it has the Chapter title displayed somewhere there, but I'm not currently in front of a game(I'm at a bar a mile from the factory, actually. I've been in Lakewood NJ getting the CEs off the line). If you shoot that movie's shot again, the skull will move one position to the right, indicating that you have changed that movie's qualified chapter to the next one. Each movie has 5 chapters pulled from it's pool of 25ish at the beginning of the game, and the skull indicates which one from that movie you currently have as the contender to start if you shoot Chapter Start. If you only have one movie lit, obviously the Chapter that skull is indicating is what you will start. If you have multiple movies lit, then it will be a toss up between whichever chapter the skulls are currently referencing from the different movie's.... Hope that cleared it up! But I've had a couple 9% IPAs and am typing on my phone”

Haha I'm not sure why but I just don't understand the point still. I'll read again...

#2229 5 years ago

This game is really good but for the price they charge they need to have much better quality control and better testing of their games before they ship them out at the factory

#2230 5 years ago
Quoted from Furio:

4. 27in monitor is clearly shifted and not seated properly. Main set of keys didn’t work to open the top. I think the are on the inside of the door but didn’t see them due to family commitments them this evening.

My backbox keys were loose inside the cabinet. In my case they were stuck to the subwoofer, shorting the terminals. Curious if yours turn up similarly loose.

I am very empathetic to your move up the stairs. My delivery day was similar - getting up the stairs was very difficult. We rented a “Power Mate” stair climbing lift truck. It did not make the experience trouble free. Once it was up, finding technical issues with the game made for a frustrating and disappointing first day.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B115aDWbrM9Ost

Once you get it dialed in you will forget all about the horrible move!

#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

This game is really good but for the price they charge they need to have much better quality control and better testing of their games before they ship them out at the factory

I agree. Some of the issues in mine were definitely factory issues rather than transit-induced.

Generally speaking I’m finding this JJP to be much more “hands on.”
I’ve lifted the playfield on the POTC more times in 48 hours than I have my Stern Star Wars in 1.5 years.

#2232 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The test -has- been complaining about that one. I’ll check it out this morning.

#2233 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I agree. Some of the issues in mine were definitely factory issues rather than transit-induced.
Generally speaking I’m finding this JJP to be much more “hands on.”
I’ve lifted the playfield on the POTC more times in 48 hours than I have my Stern Star Wars in 1.5 years.

That’s my biggest issue they are the most costly games on the market and their quality control on pirates is very bad and people should be getting games that they don’t have to tinker with and fix all these things out of the box like a stern pinball or cgc; and I love the pirates pinball too just not sure who is testing these at the factory

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha I'm not sure why but I just don't understand the point still. I'll read again...

Each movie has 25 chapters available but only five chapters get picked out of those 25 for a game. The skull represents one out of those five. And every time you hit that movies shot the skull moves selecting a different chapter out of the 5.

#2235 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

That’s my biggest issue they are the most costly games on the market and their quality control on pirates is very bad and people should be getting games that they don’t have to tinker with and fix all these things out of the box like a stern pinball or cgc; and I love the pirates pinball too just not sure who is testing these at the factory

My pirates ce had minor issues (parts forgotten etc) but my cgc mmr also had issues. It’s decals were ripped on the machine in the sealed box, flipper board failed after 3 games , etc. stern ... ghost busters is unplayable without specific mods. All games have issues some from transport some just from the very nature of assembly and lack of actual play testing. You wouldn’t want a dimpled playfield before you play your stern

#2236 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Bracket needs to be bent up. Should be at a 90 off the playfield and allow ample clearance for the ball to roll under. It's not the arm that's hitting, it's actuality the head of the screw that retains the coil which is catching the ball. I saw it on one other game.
Cheers,
E

Great, thanks for the confirmation!

#2237 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Each movie has 25 chapters available but only five chapters get picked out of those 25 for a game. The skull represents one out of those five. And every time you hit that movies shot the skull moves selecting a different chapter out of the 5.

So it has no point purpose? It just they're to select different chapters? I just want to determine if I need to care about it at all from a score perspective bc I was trying to get the movie that corresponded to slot that had a skull on it on the map thinking more points when getting chapter select shot

#2238 5 years ago

Okay Delt31 sorry - no, the multiplied value comes from how many chapters you have qualified before you hit chapter start. If you notice while playing but with no chapter running yet, when you make a skull shot - say the red one on the left ramp, the flap on the illustration will flip up and eventually a chapter name will appear, but as the graphic is displaying you will see “shoot starfield” and chapter shots 2x (or almost that exact text) based on how many other colored skull shots you have made at least once since the last chapter ended. However many flaps are up and chapter names are displayed, that’s how much the multiplier of the skull value will be when you actually start one of the chapters. The position of the skull on the row of five boxes just indicates, as far as I know (are you there hogbog? Keefer?) which of the five pre-selected by the game before you started plunging the first ball chapters from the pool of 25 from each movie that will actually play when you make chapter start/starmap/starfield/Jack. The multiplier doesn’t change based on which box the skull is in for whatever colored movie, the skull value for that colored skull isn’t affected by which box the skull is sitting in, all the position of the skull represents is which of the five chapters from that movie the game will choose next should the magnet flinging the ball around stop on, say, red. For points scoring, it does “matter” which box the skull is in only in the sense that even though the starting skull value isn’t affected and the multiplier for number of qualified chapters isn’t affected by which box it’s sitting in, if does represent a different actual chapter and if the actual chapter you end up starting is one with two characters to collect as opposed to 6 or ten available, then your scoring potential during that chapter is much more or less overall but the skull value, base line of 1000, built by making that skull’s shot with no chapter running, hold-able by the depths or mystery award from ball to ball, the chapter multiplier, increased by qualifying more chapters before you actually start a chapter (so can be as few as 1 chapter or as many as 5 qualified at the time, which under NORMAL circumstances would be 1x - 1.5x -2x and so on UNLESS you are Tia Dalma or perhaps Norrington and we need those guys for the math breakdown as I didn’t graduate from the Keefer school if You’ve Got To Be Kidding Me rulesets because I partied too much instead of studying) - those things are NOT affected by which box the little skull icon is sitting in. That just represents which of the pre-selected 5 chapters is coming next if that movie’s chapter is the one that is started the next time a chapter starts. Did that help? Yeah... I didn’t think so...

#2239 5 years ago

Hey can someone check two things for me on their machine?

I had to remove my shooter rail to fix an end which involved three contact points. After I reassembled everything, I found a stray washer in the machine. It is likely this was from my removal.

When you follow the shooter lane it attaches near the top, and again near the right strobe.

Does the top bolt use a washer? If not does the bolt on the strobe stack use one?

#2240 5 years ago

So for example, say you start with the red skull left ramp. You shoot the ramp once, chapter is qualified, chapter name pops up skull is in the far left box. Say that chapter to be is Fireworks. Still no chapter running yet. Shoot red skull ramp again, skull icon moves one box to the right, chapter to be played now changes to Downright Disrespectful. Well the number of characters in that scene - that is, the number of characters to be collected in that chapter does not change - that’s tied to the movies so whomever was in that scene in the movie is available to be collected in that chapter once it’s running. And THAT aspect of the game does not change as I said from game to game because it’s true to the movie scenes. SO if I know from playing before that Downright Disrespectful has more character arrow shots available (thus more multiplied skull values) than other chapter I could be playing from At Worlds End movie, then it benefits me when I have my red skull value jacked and multiple chapters ready, to be sure I start Downright Disrespectful rather than chapter x if possible for the scoring potential. So in that sense the particular box that the skull is in does matter to me because I can read the title of the upcoming chapter in the big window and if there is a particular one that I know has mega characters to collect, I wouldn’t want to shoot the left ramp again and move the skull icon away from that chapter that I’d really like to start instead. If I’m Tia Dalma I can select it with the gold button when I hit chapter start to guarantee I play it rather than have it be random, which is nice, but the trade off is that she severely nerfs the points I’ll actually get for each shot.

#2241 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Switch reports ok and strangely the ship operation is as expected today. A gremlin I will keep an eye on.

As a side note I want to say how much I appreciate you posting responsive tech tips here! Thank you.

#2242 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Switch 24 has nothing to do with the ship on the left. I’m going to take a chance that possibly you mean switch 48 target ship hit is giving an error as stuck closed? No taking apart anything about it if that’s the case. The switch itself is a micro switch and it’s located down below on the back panel in the left hand corner. So you would pull the playfield forward a bit to the second set of feet and then walk up to the left side of the game so you could look down in there. There’s a long bar with a spring that pushes the switch closed when the ship is hit by the ball fired out of the cannon. But before you even pull the playfield forward, just do this: slide off the glass, move the dauntless ship from left to right with your hand. It doesn’t move that far. If you bring up either the test report showing the error or the matrixed switch test and then move the ship and trigger the switch and the switch actually works, the error will go away. Perhaps the ship was hit and moved left and got stuck and failed to return to its normal rest position and is thus holding the switch closed. Moving it back will open the switch again. See if the game recognizes the switch when you move it from left to right and back again.
The other switch I’m thinking you may mean that is associated with the ship on the left is target ship bullseye which is switch 79. This is an opto and is then normally closed. If that’s giving an error as stuck closed, perhaps it just hasn’t been hit in awhile. Remember that the game thinks it’s in a bar or bowling alley or commercial location where it is getting heavy play. If the software doesn’t see a particular switch hit for a period of balls played, it flags the switch as potentially stuck or broken to alert the operator to check it out. In the case of target ship bullseye, that switch is hit only when the cannon shot goes into the hole in the side of the target ship. So if you have younger kids, inexperienced players or worst of all, say, ME playing the game, many games could go by with no one successfully hitting that opto and the game then diligently reports it as needing to be checked. What you can do is slide the playfield glass off, start a game and when the ball is served to the plunger, open the door and go into test mode to the error report or switch test, leave the door open and physically pick up the pinball and toss it into the hole as if you had made the cannon shot perfectly. That will hit the opto and if it works correctly, the error will clear itself. If when you go into matrixed switch test that box 79 is red, breaking the opto beam with the ball will take the red away assuming the switch actually works. I’d do that before taking things apart.
Hope that helps.

Thanks! Working through the tweeks this morning so its ready for Christmas day! And yes, you are correct. Switch 48.

20181223_114024 (resized).jpg20181223_114024 (resized).jpg
#2243 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Considering getting one, but wondering how long, on average, folks are taking to get the machine properly working.

#2244 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As a side note I want to say how much I appreciate you posting responsive tech tips here!

He is top notch, buuuuuuuuut I am still wanting one of those coffee mugs!!!!

#2245 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Considering getting one, but wondering how long, on average, folks are taking to get the machine properly working.

4 days for me working great know.

#2246 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

I think a lot of the earlier issues have been addressed at the factory. Eric was there a couple weeks ago to help start the production on the CE and clear up some of the issues we were seeing in the beginning.

#2247 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Half of them probably don't even realize thier shit doesn't work properly.

#2248 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Christmas day!

Yaaaarrrrrrr, Merry Christmas Mattie's!

#2249 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

So my full issues list so far, solved and unsolved: (took delivery 12/20, today is 12/23):

[X] Wireform for shooter lane bent. Removed, reformed, replaced.
[X] Torn shooter tip. Replacement en route but got one at a local shop in the interim.
[X] Gold/action button sticking. Fixed with a small amount of WD40 to the plunger underneath.
[ ] Missing tilt bob. Replacement en route.
[X] MA[P] target sticking behind [A]. Fixed by loosening under the playfield and moving over slightly.
[X] GO[L]D target sticking behind wiring harness. Fixed by loosening switch and pressing the harness up and out of the way, then tightening back down.
[ ] Maelstrom exit ramp switch defective. Reported to distributor and JJP, replacement en route.
[ ] Black Pearl cannon is inconsistently detecting the loaded ball. Switch test reporting stuck closed. Unsure if this is a clearance issue or another bad switch.

So...I’m on my 4th day

#2250 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So my full issues list so far, solved and unsolved: (took delivery 12/20, today is 12/23):
[X] Wireform for shooter lane bent. Removed, reformed, replaced.
[X] Torn shooter tip. Replacement en route but got one at a local shop in the interim.
[X] Gold/action button sticking. Fixed with a small amount of WD40 to the plunger underneath.
[ ] Missing tilt bob. Replacement en route.
[X] MA[P] target sticking behind [A]. Fixed by loosening under the playfield and moving over slightly.
[X] GO[L]D target sticking behind wiring harness. Fixed by loosening switch and pressing the harness up and out of the way, then tightening back down.
[ ] Maelstrom exit ramp switch defective. Reported to distributor and JJP, replacement en route.
[ ] Black Pearl cannon is inconsistently detecting the loaded ball. Switch test reporting stuck closed. Unsure if this is a clearance issue or another bad switch.
So...I’m on my 4th day

Did you check the sensors for the canon? They are optical and might be loose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/45?hl=furio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.