(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 378.
#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Now that my star map works (loose cable) - how do I use it? I really don’t understand what it’s trying to tell me.

The star map used to be easier to read but Keith and the guys thought it was too easy , maybe they could have an " expert - novice " setting to make the star map a bit easier to read as it is hard to even have time to look at it with all the action going on .

#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Now that Depp has been kicked from the series, could we see a version of this game without a huge picture of him in the middle of the playfield? That picture made me think this game looked terrible even though it's supposed to be a great game.

Like it or not he is in the movies and if you don't like his picture on the Playfield (like me )go for the CE

#2153 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Now that Depp has been kicked from the series, could we see a version of this game without a huge picture of him in the middle of the playfield? That picture made me think this game looked terrible even though it's supposed to be a great game.

What's funny is that I was bummed about Depps face being there right in the front but guess who both my kids gravitated too as soon as we got this....Depp's character. They never seen the movies but of all 22 characters, Depp is their fav and it's not even close. I've actually gotten warmer on the idea as there aren't many characters that look like a typical pirate believe it or not (with the full pirate setup).

This game is really something special. More I play, understand - the rule set to me is actually fairly simple to follow compared to my other experiences with games like WOZ. The team did a really good job to clarify what is going on - call outs on this game are some of the best to help the player too. Only exception is this starmap - no idea still. They could also touch up the rules on the boat for newbies.

Such a great game - widebody especially.

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You seem to understand how the starmap works. Care to explain?

here is one of the older videos, but it focuses on the star field. they have a camera focused on the starmap itself. now i believe it has changed slightly, but this should help out.

for this following along, this is Jersey Jack Pinball Live Stream #8

#2155 5 years ago

With the star map also dont forget if you hit it in the chapter start area, the star map shot will briefly flash white on the playfield.

It's there so standards still get the functionality without the map itself.

#2156 5 years ago

What is the best way to change the mini flipper rubbers on the ship?

Looks like this might be a little tricky?

If you take the nuts off the plastic pieces of the ship that are covering the rear of the flippers will that open that area up?

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 8.12.59 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-22 at 8.12.59 AM (resized).png

#2157 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

If you take the nuts off the plastic pieces of the ship that are covering the rear of the flippers will that open that area up?
[quoted image]

If you heat up the rubber in hot water will that give you enough flexibility to slide it flat under the plastic to the base and then pull over the end .

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What's funny is that I was bummed about Depps face being there right in the front but guess who both my kids gravitated too as soon as we got this....Depp's character. They never seen the movies but of all 22 characters, Depp is their fav and it's not even close. I've actually gotten warmer on the idea as there aren't many characters that look like a typical pirate believe it or not (with the full pirate setup).
This game is really something special. More I play, understand - the rule set to me is actually fairly simple to follow compared to my other experiences with games like WOZ. The team did a really good job to clarify what is going on - call outs on this game are some of the best to help the player too. Only exception is this starmap - no idea still. They could also touch up the rules on the boat for newbies.
Such a great game - widebody especially.

I hear ya on the Depp topic.

Hear is my take on this, it’s ok in my opinion to like Jack Sparrow and severely dislike Johnny Depp. The guy played the part very well, a drunk bumbling pirate!

My two kids play him constantly as well.

#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

[quoted image]

Try not to over think it lol. Take nuts off change rubber like any game easy piesey.

#2160 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I like the Depp pictures.

On another note, got to kraken and fountain of youth wizard modes last night. Didn’t beat them. But the wizard modes feel epic. The sound, the lighting, you feel like you’re in an epic one on one battle with your game.

#2161 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Why I purchased the CE. I didn't want him visible from every angle.

#2162 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I like the Depp pictures.
On another note, got to kraken and fountain of youth wizard modes last night. Didn’t beat them. But the wizard modes feel epic. The sound, the lighting, you feel like you’re in an epic one on one battle with your game.

agreed! I've gotten to two - both were presented well.

#2163 5 years ago

Another comment. We had family over last night and they mentioned several times how much fun it was even just to watch the game. They also said they didn’t know pinballs had finally caught up with today’s technology and that even they would be interested in buying one like this! Great work by JJP to move pinball technology forward.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Ok... Was contemplating some type of water projection Trying to capture the world under glass concept .

Mate that looks sick . You're expanding the world out from under the glass . I'm going to have to steal your idea ! It would also work really well on my Fish Tails and other pinballs such as Creature from the Black Lagoon , Whitewater , Popeye , excetera . Besides LEDs I think it's the first must have lighting option I've seen . Such a cheap way to get such an impressive effect .

#2165 5 years ago

I don't necessarily dislike the jack sparrow character. I'm just not a fan of layouts that just show a big picture of a character on the playfield with no real function other than to show the brand. It just seems cheesy. If they have to brand that area, I think the skull and crossbones from the ride/movie logo would have been better thematically.

#2166 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't necessarily dislike the jack sparrow character. I'm just not a fan of layouts that just show a big picture of a character on the playfield with no real function other than to show the brand. It just seems cheesy. If they have to brand that area, I think the skull and crossbones from the ride/movie logo would have been better thematically.

Fortunately translights of old could be replaced with alternates. If you've been around long enough you will remember, LW3, LAH, BW, DM etc... These actors wanted to be seen and in a large way!

#2167 5 years ago

Updated my posts just to stop the progression of the chipping around the bottom sling posts. Looks pretty good and covers up any of the chipping that has already occurred. More of a protective measure than a design one. Went with light blue star posts.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg184D33DD-3B67-4165-A64B-DD7C9A16311F (resized).jpeg184D33DD-3B67-4165-A64B-DD7C9A16311F (resized).jpeg
#2168 5 years ago

I have the disc silencer kit coming from mod couple, has anyone posted pics or details on how to remove the spinning disc assembly? I assume I don't have to totally dismantle the entire thing but figured I'd ask. I found C-56 in the manual that has the full schematic, but figured I'd ask here if anyone did a step by step. If not I'm sure I'll figure it out, not my first pin!

#2169 5 years ago

Okay, just beat the Kraken. That was a cool video clip. It is my favorite wizard mode. Good animations, good ending. I would still recommend adding in a shaker motor hit like we need on a ship blowing up. If you could get a ball lock around the last loop, do white or gold playfield lights zooming up to the back box, and then play the video, that would be cool. Something more like killing Smaug. By the time I looked up the clip was half over.

#2170 5 years ago

How can I check these switches? All appear to be hidden away in ships.

B04C6285-F4D8-4AB3-81AD-C5B3C13423ED (resized).jpegB04C6285-F4D8-4AB3-81AD-C5B3C13423ED (resized).jpeg
#2171 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

48 - just move the dauntless ship by hand. Usually clears it. 79 - blast air in the dauntless hole, sometimes dust gets in there etc. 66 - same as 79, but is where the ball shoots out of the pearl.

If that doesn’t work you’ll have to pull the Playfield out a bit so you get easy access to the back to look for loose wires or sensor. 79 is an optical sensor I know.

#2172 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have the disc silencer kit coming from mod couple, has anyone posted pics or details on how to remove the spinning disc assembly? I assume I don't have to totally dismantle the entire thing but figured I'd ask. I found C-56 in the manual that has the full schematic, but figured I'd ask here if anyone did a step by step. If not I'm sure I'll figure it out, not my first pin!

I provided a More than detailed how to with pictures in the kit. I suspect you will do fine though you can reach out if you have questions.

#2173 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Totally don't understand your point?? There are a Dozen characters on the playfield yet you only want Sparrow removed yet you have no issue with him??? Can you name many licensed themes or music themes where the actor/character is not displayed on the playfield? Any game. Totally understand if you have a grip with Johnny Dep but they did offer you an alternate playfield layout if your Phobia of him is so strong... lol

IF JJP is taking requests like this, please remove Keira Knightley from the playfield as I have a difficult time playing with an erection! Umph

#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

There’s likely nothing wrong with your switches at all. You just haven’t loaded the cannon, hit the ship with a ball, or hit the center hole on the ship in awhile. If your OCD can’t handle it, put your machine in a switch test, take the the glass off your machine and just move the British ship with your hand until the switch registers. With the other two, just take a ball and put in the cannon, then toss a ball into the hole into the ship on the right...done. The target ship has a little opto inside you can get to trigger just by inserting your finger inside to block the opto.

Many of the switch ‘errors’ that come up in test while powering up are just as simple as having not been triggered in a set # of plays.

#2175 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Totally don't understand your point?? There are a Dozen characters on the playfield yet you only want Sparrow removed yet you have no issue with him??? Can you name many licensed themes or music themes where the actor/character is not displayed on the playfield? Any game. Totally understand if you have a grip with Johnny Dep but they did offer you an alternate playfield layout if your Phobia of him is so strong... lol
IF JJP is taking requests like this, please remove Keira Knightley from the playfield as I have a difficult time playing with an erection! Umph

I don't own the game so I'm not that familiar with it, but aren't the (much smaller, less obtrusive) pictures of other characters associated with shots/themed areas on the board? What function does the picture of Jack sparrow serve? I'm all for characters on the playfield when they're integrated well (there's a picture of cousin It where the the Cousin It target is on TAF, etc). I just don't think making the playfield look like 25% movie poster is very appealing. Just my opinion. I'm not a fan of Davy Jones version either, nor would I want to pay $3000 extra for it.

#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't own the game so I'm not that familiar with it, but aren't the (much smaller, less obtrusive) pictures of other characters associated with shots/themed areas on the board? What function does the picture of Jack sparrow serve? I'm all for characters on the playfield when they're integrated well (there's a picture of cousin It where the the Cousin It target is on TAF, etc). I just don't think making the playfield look like 25% movie poster is very appealing. Just my opinion. I'm not a fan of Davy Jones version either, nor would I want to pay $3000 extra for it.

I'm not a huge fan of Depp there either, but you get over it once you play the game. Its great. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you can afford the CE do that, otherwise just play the game and enjoy it. It is very good. The only function Depp really serves is decoration. He is also on the side of the game and is really big so you just have to get over it.

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I'm not a huge fan of Depp there either, but you get over it once you play the game. Its great. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you can afford the CE do that, otherwise just play the game and enjoy it. It is very good. The only function Depp really serves is decoration. He is also on the side of the game and is really big so you just have to get over it.

Actually Jack Sparrow (or Johnny Dep if you have a man crush) is the treasure shot on the game. lol Agreed, I don't get to personal about the art. They were the characters of a motion picture which we wanted to own. As Jack is the Key character for ALL of the movies it makes sense he would have a key position. Love it or hate it. Doesn't take anything away from this amazing game in my opinion.

#2178 5 years ago

The headshot isn’t even the size of the slings. The map is bigger. Although I am interested to see if they ever make a Black Pearl edition. But even if you don’t like Depp (which I don’t) you at least get to see cannons fired at his head! But to each his own. It is the best pin out there in current production IMHO.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2179 5 years ago

The play field art looks great imo. There's no way you could have a potc movie based game and not have Jack frickin sparrow on it. Get real. He IS the main character. Nobody has to like Depp, but sparrow is a must on this game, and I think the play field looks like it should.

#2180 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I provided a More than detailed how to with pictures in the kit. I suspect you will do fine though you can reach out if you have questions.

Ah I hadn’t received yet so didn’t know. That’s very awesome of you!!

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

The play field art looks great imo. There's no way you could have a potc movie based game and not have Jack frickin sparrow on it. Get real. He IS the main character. Nobody has to like Depp, but sparrow is a must on this game, and I think the play field looks like it should.

Totally agree with this. It's unavoidable.

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Many of the switch ‘errors’ that come up in test while powering up are just as simple as having not been triggered in a set # of plays.

I suspected this might be the case. I may have to disable the self test on boot to save my sanity

#2183 5 years ago

Owners thoughts so far? Curious about code in regards to the level of excitement, adrenaline rush this game has, and is it easy to understand.

#2184 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Owners thoughts so far? Curious about code in regards to the level of excitement, adrenaline rush this game has, and is it easy to understand.

Best pinball I’ve played. It has everything. I can’t say enough good things honestly.

#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I've said it before, this game is a Masterpiece. The only issue for JJP and especially Eric is Topping this game. Not going to be easy! For me, the biggest surprise and value of this pin is how immersive the audio and graphics are. With all the nay sayers early on demanding DVD rips I feared there would be gaps in the play to code animation. Far from it to me. Not to put this game on a pedestal but the animations and sound tracks created FAR exceed my expectations and I can't think of another game done this well. Add to that I suspect Keith/Joe and team are still not done as they seem like perfectionists. (good thing). As for easy to understand, I can see this being difficult to master on a route but in home use I feel the fact you can't really Master every aspect in one week is a great new spin for Pinball. A new adventure every time we play it.

#2186 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

That's the translite and topper. There's also 5 skulls on the playfield (each unique to it's corresponding movie). You're saying to replace Jack Sparrow with more of this? Great suggestion. IDK why they have the main character on the game at all.

#2187 5 years ago

Pinstadiums about to be installed. Not sold yet on using them for this game so transferring from another. Will report back very soon. I was skeptical on DI but it made a HUGE diff so going in on this too.

I play in complete darkness at night so they def could use but concerned the modes shots and other times it's very apparent the GI has changed color that it's going to be lost (that impact). again will report back soon

#2188 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pinstadiums about to be installed. Not sold yet on using them for this game so transferring from another. Will report back very soon. I was skeptical on DI but it made a HUGE diff so going in on this too.
I play in complete darkness at night so they def could use but concerned the modes shots and other times it's very apparent the GI has changed color that it's going to be lost (that impact). again will report back soon

I have them on here and they are tough because of how often they light using the rgb triggers. They do not make a huge impact on here but the UV Flasher does.

#2189 5 years ago

OK - so here we go. I have to say, I doubt these pics will get this across but with the way I have them configured (not 100% full blast but 70 or so) - they are EXACTLY what I need for full dark play. Put a red/purple color with the whites - perfect for what I need.

Flasher integration using the Shaker motor to push off the uv is great too.

Btw there are red clouds on the star map.... Never even noticed that before haha

I will post these here but trust me, the way it looks in person is not as extreme. Very happy - only in FULL dark play would I need this but that's the way I play at night!

Edit - went a little lighter and blue. This could be the best. I wouldn't use this unless with no lights on. See third pic for this on and fourth off
20181222_175355 (resized).jpg20181222_175355 (resized).jpg20181222_175344 (resized).jpg20181222_175344 (resized).jpg
20181222_195748 (resized).jpg20181222_195748 (resized).jpg20181222_195800 (resized).jpg20181222_195800 (resized).jpg

#2190 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Best pinball I’ve played. It has everything. I can’t say enough good things honestly.

I will second this. The game is really well done. So much to do, ton of shots, many ways to play the game. It is pretty awesome. I think it s JJP’s best game to date.

#2191 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - so here we go. I have to say, I doubt these pics will get this across but with the way I have them configured (not 100% full blast but 70 or so) - they are EXACTLY what I need for full dark play. Put a red/purple color with the whites - perfect for what I need.
Btw there are red clouds on the star map.... Never even noticed that before haha
I will post these here but trust me, the way it looks in person is not as extreme. Very happy - only in FULL dark play would I need this but that's the way I play at night!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That second picture looks awesome! lol Sorry while I like that product, just didn't seem needed in this title. Its a dark pirate theme no need to night baseball the playfield in my opinion.

#2192 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That second picture looks awesome! lol Sorry while I like that product, just didn't seem needed in this title. Its a dark pirate theme no need to night baseball the playfield in my opinion.

I look at the pictures I uploaded and I would comment that's great but it looks like hot garbage too!

It's so hard to demonstrate what these lights do but trust me, the lights did exactly what I wanted. Very happy.

#2193 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I actually do full blue, no white at all. I trigger off the spot lights for the GI. Gives the game a really eerie and watery tone. UV on the shaker, remove the spot lights and it is about as good of a use of the mod as I have seen. Really makes the game more intense with the flashers.

#2194 5 years ago

Just got my game set up recently and finally started trying to play it. Have had a couple minor issues with balls getting stuck.

One of them has been discussed here already: the gate at the top of the right ramp. I've tried tightening the right screw to lower the right side as suggested, but it was already pretty tight so I'm not sure it's going to make much difference. Will have to see.

The second one is the left orbit and it's happened multiple times. I had some thoughts about trying to bend the bracket or adding washers under it, but figured I'd post a couple pics and see if someone might be able to confirm or suggest some other action based on how mine looks compared to their own game.

Appreciate any help. Thanks,

Kyle
P1030724 (resized).JPGP1030724 (resized).JPGP1030725 (resized).JPGP1030725 (resized).JPG

#2195 5 years ago

Here is a picture of mine. I can roll a ball through it pretty easily and has good clearance. I would bend the mechanism up.

CEE1F33C-E1AB-4D87-AECC-20CF19FAA5EC (resized).jpegCEE1F33C-E1AB-4D87-AECC-20CF19FAA5EC (resized).jpeg
#2196 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

But even if you don’t like Depp (which I don’t)
[quoted image]

Then what the heck is going on with your avatar!?

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

Just got my game set up recently and finally started trying to play it. Have had a couple minor issues with balls getting stuck.
One of them has been discussed here already: the gate at the top of the right ramp. I've tried tightening the right screw to lower the right side as suggested, but it was already pretty tight so I'm not sure it's going to make much difference. Will have to see.
The second one is the left orbit and it's happened multiple times. I had some thoughts about trying to bend the bracket or adding washers under it, but figured I'd post a couple pics and see if someone might be able to confirm or suggest some other action based on how mine looks compared to their own game.
Kyle

Hard to tell which you are having an issue with so I will advise with caution. You don't want to man handle Bend the bracket. Similar to the WOZ ball lock I think you Slightly bend up the small metal finger on the diverter with a pair of needle nose. That finger is the limiter to set the height and throw of the diverter. Hope that makes sense. Remember, a Little goes a long way in adjusting!!

#2198 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I don’t feel this game has the andrenaline rush of other pins at all. Maybe thats the wide body maybe its just me, I dunno. Specifically compared to TNA and IMDN. I like that about it though. Its a very smooth shooter with a fairly deep ruleset that you can approach in different ways based on your character. At first the code seems a little overwhelming, but as you figure it out its not really that complicated at all. Except maybe some the of finer details of scoring. That is a bit complicated. If you have a lot of multiballs stacked or get into any of the wizard modes that gets pretty exciting.

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from kse001:

Kyle

Bracket needs to be bent up. Should be at a 90 off the playfield and allow ample clearance for the ball to roll under. It's not the arm that's hitting, it's actuality the head of the screw that retains the coil which is catching the ball. I saw it on one other game.

Cheers,

E

#2200 5 years ago

Btw I did experience balls getting caught up in the subway during MB recently and I applied the fix noted earlier and haven't had one since

Great job pinside. I had two very minor issues and they are both resolved. Game plays 100%

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/44?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.