(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 378.
#2101 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Bye Bye Tom
[quoted image]

Would this character work as a replacement? I would like to put him on but not sure with that jacket...

ebay.com link: Pirates of the Caribbean Davy Jones Dead Mans Chest Series 1 Figure NIP

#2102 5 years ago

You will definitely need to trim some of the coat and I am not sure if the hands/claws will clear the wire form. It might be some what tight over there. I had to trim a lot off my Jack figure and carefully maneuver the arms and implements to be sure that nothing would hit. Good luck with your project if you decide to go forward.

#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

All new games have issues - spent hours on Maiden getting it right.
It is frustrating.
That said, how does a topper not get centered on a new game??

Ah yes, my Maiden also took hours to dial in that loop shot for both plunge and auto-plunge.

Part of the NIB Experience™

#2104 5 years ago

Just a tip to all the 'newbies' that getting their first nib machine. After unpacking and setting it up, inspect it closely for any loose connectors and/or parts, especially 'orphan parts'. I have found that putting a coat of wax on the play field really helps my 72 year old eyes to spot things that I would miss. For example, I found this beneath the Endeavor. Probably was dropped during assembly of control panel in the back box. All of the screws are present so perhaps a bit of assembly carelessness; who knows. Obviously it could have caused some serious play field damage at a minimum if I had not found it before playing my first game. Hard to resist 'getting to the game' but it is worth taking the time to check it out first. Just my opinion.

20181221_073902.jpg20181221_073902.jpg
#2105 5 years ago

What are you guys using to wax your playfields these days? Anyone adding mylar to any areas?

#2106 5 years ago

Yelobird just received the two mods. Super quick shipping great quality. Feel like these came factory they work so well. That lockdown bar seems makes without something on it like Hobbit while the Canon really gets the point across that we all imagine is there is really there now.

btw - I bought my mirror blades from pinballsidemirrors.com (cointaker owned) - get the JJP WOZ/HOBBIT version.

20181221_111131 (resized).jpg20181221_111131 (resized).jpg20181221_111136 (resized).jpg20181221_111136 (resized).jpg20181221_111139 (resized).jpg20181221_111139 (resized).jpg20181221_111203 (resized).jpg20181221_111203 (resized).jpg

#2107 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

What are you guys using to wax your playfields these days? Anyone adding mylar to any areas?

I added mylar to the chapter select area b/c those magnets move the ball around so much in a compressed space. There was also mylar that came with my game for what appears to be the ship area (in back) where the ball is dropped into play (behind the spinners).

By the way, I would suggest using clear vinyl instead of mylar as it's easier to get off if need be.

#2108 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

A lot of pinball part websites sell the pinhedz wax. I have used mothers carnuba, and also blitz. Both are fine, I kinda like the pinhedz as it is a little easier to apply / wipe off. Pure carnuba, while great, can leave little chunks of carnuba around.

http://pinballpro.net/shop/pinhedz-premium-complete-kit/

You don't have to buy the whole kit you can buy just the wax for ~$20

#2109 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

By the way, I would suggest using clear vinyl instead of mylar as it's easier to get off if need be.

Is this the type of vinyl that you used? If not, where did you get yours at?

https://www.amazon.com/Grafix-9-Inch-12-Inch-6-Pack-KCF6C/dp/B002J6CO9I/ref=sr_1_1

#2110 5 years ago

With the new code update, I cannot lock balls in the chest after I have playing 3 chest multiballs. The Right lock target didn’t response.

Anyone else, I think it’s a bug ?!?

#2111 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Is this the type of vinyl that you used? If not, where did you get yours at?
amazon.com link »

I would like to know as well. Plan on putting that on too.

#2112 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

With the new code update, I cannot lock balls in the chest after I have playing 3 chest multiballs. The Right lock target didn’t response.

I think this may have been happening in the old code as well, but I never fully understood it. At some point during games I noticed I could never lock more balls...

#2113 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

What I did on my game. Took lockdown bar off. Looked down at arm on switch. Centered it a little and bent up past the point on the switch body where the arm pushes the tiny knob into the switch. Put a blob of hot glue on the end of the button and shaped it a little when cooling so the part going down was a little wider and not sticking of the side of the arm on the switch.
LTG : )

Not sure I follow. I just hit mine this morning with a little WD40 and it now seems fine.

#2114 5 years ago

Now that my star map works (loose cable) - how do I use it? I really don’t understand what it’s trying to tell me.

Also - does everyone have one pale green “star” on their map in the lower left?

CF16736B-9A8D-4B2E-B45D-D4A341BE371D (resized).jpegCF16736B-9A8D-4B2E-B45D-D4A341BE371D (resized).jpeg
#2115 5 years ago

My monitor has a slight tilt. I’ve seen this on a couple JJP pins in the field also.

Is there a known fix?

DB768EDC-4C71-4C69-B915-BACF7074F4EE (resized).jpegDB768EDC-4C71-4C69-B915-BACF7074F4EE (resized).jpeg
#2116 5 years ago

I’m having a clearance issue between the “A” and “P” map targets, resulting in the P sticking often and throwing errors on boot up.

I’ve tried pushing on them a bit and can’t seem to resolve this.

Any suggestions?

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B115aDWbrM9Ost;339A983C-1C2C-4A16-914D-F424E99ABF11

#2117 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not sure I follow. I just hit mine this morning with a little WD40 and it now seems fine.

Probably okay, but may want to avoid using WD40 in the future on your pinball machines. It is technically not a true lubricant. It was designed for water displacement to prevent rust.

#2118 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Now that my star map works (loose cable) - how do I use it? I really don’t understand what it’s trying to tell me.
[quoted image]

I don't think anyone understands this well except maybe Eric M and Keith J

#2119 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m having a clearance issue between the “A” and “P” map targets, resulting in the P sticking often and throwing errors on boot up.
I’ve tried pushing on them a bit and can’t seem to resolve this.
Any suggestions?
https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B115aDWbrM9Ost;339A983C-1C2C-4A16-914D-F424E99ABF11

They look like they are catching on each other. Can you adjust the right one and move it more to the right so it doesn't bind on the middle one? Notice how the left one has a little space in between it and the middle one, you want that for the right one as well.

#2120 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I added mylar to the chapter select area b/c those magnets move the ball around so much in a compressed space. There was also mylar that came with my game for what appears to be the ship area (in back) where the ball is dropped into play (behind the spinners).

Yes I noticed my PF has mylar in those same areas. Mine also has a strip by the depths kickout.

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I have not had this issue, I had a game last night where I had two chest multiballs in the same game. Must be something else that also happens that is causing it? I'll pay more attention to subsequent games, as I'm curious now.

Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

My star map has lights that are white and sort of yellow ish?

Quoted from zaphX:

My monitor has a slight tilt. I’ve seen this on a couple JJP pins in the field also.
Is there a known fix?[quoted image]

Yes open up and ensure the monitor is secured properly. Sometimes it is not latched in all the way on one side or the other, and so it sags a bit. I can snap a pic later if you can't figure it out.

#2121 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Probably okay, but may want to avoid using WD40 in the future on your pinball machines. It is technically not a true lubricant. It was designed for water displacement to prevent rust.

Yeah I considered this, but since it’s only the plastic button I figured worst case I buy a new button. I can report it was super effective with just a tiny blast administered to the shaft from the underside while the button is depressed.

#2122 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I don't think anyone understands this well except maybe Eric M and Keith J

I have the same questions. In fact it's the only thing I don't understand

#2123 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

I think this may have been happening in the old code as well, but I never fully understood it. At some point during games I noticed I could never lock more balls...

I am sure that I didn’t have that with the old code. I played the game very much and never notice that before.

#2124 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

They look like they are catching on each other. Can you adjust the right one and move it more to the right so it doesn't bind on the middle one? Notice how the left one has a little space in between it and the middle one, you want that for the right one as well.

How do I adjust their physical position? The screws under the playfield simply move the switch, not the target, right? (or are they connected?)

#2125 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes open up and ensure the monitor is secured properly. Sometimes it is not latched in all the way on one side or the other, and so it sags a bit. I can snap a pic later if you can't figure it out.

It wiggles a little on the right side but I don’t know what to adjust here.

956A51C6-F52C-4C63-AD5E-1AEB5732CB87 (resized).jpeg956A51C6-F52C-4C63-AD5E-1AEB5732CB87 (resized).jpeg
#2126 5 years ago

My spinning disc sounds like a binding sawblade. Short of ordering a third party plastic disc, what are the fixes?

#2127 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

How do I adjust their physical position? The screws under the playfield simply move the switch, not the target, right? (or are they connected?)

They have to be connected.

Notice the spacing on mine.

Mine could possibly use some adjusting to level out, but are working fine.

41F4C6EB-B10E-489A-89D2-F55593AA3CEA (resized).jpeg41F4C6EB-B10E-489A-89D2-F55593AA3CEA (resized).jpeg

#2128 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

My spinning disc sounds like a binding sawblade. Short of ordering a third party plastic disc, what are the fixes?

They all do. The Mod Couple sells a solution to quiet it some. Going to try that this weekend.

#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

They have to be connected.
Notice the spacing on mine.
Mine could possibly use some adjusting to level out, but are working fine.
[quoted image]

Thanks for this, it turned out to be just that easy. Loosened the screws underneath, moved the target over, and tightened back down. No more error!

#2131 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It wiggles a little on the right side but I don’t know what to adjust here. [quoted image]

You can pull up on the flat part I circled here. That is the "release" for that side. Pull it up and you can "swing" the monitor away from the machine, the left side of the monitor will be like the swivel/hinge (like a door). Then pull that up again and push the monitor all the way back into place and then push it back down and that should secure it.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#2132 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

They all do. The Mod Couple sells a solution to quiet it some. Going to try that this weekend.

The mod they make works great for this.

#2133 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You can pull up on the flat part I circled here. That is the "release" for that side. Pull it up and you can "swing" the monitor away from the machine, the left side of the monitor will be like the swivel/hinge (like a door). Then pull that up again and push the monitor all the way back into place and then push it back down and that should secure it.
[quoted image]

Thanks! I guess that wooden block has to be removed first? It seems to impede the operation of the release.

I’m wondering if mine is as straight as it’s going to get - it is pretty close.

#2134 5 years ago

Just realized my standard doesn't include the starmap lightboard. Is this a part I can order and upgrade?

#2135 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Just realized my standard doesn't include the starmap lightboard. Is this a part I can order and upgrade?

no, this is part of the Limited / Collector's edition package.

that being said, you are not left out. the playfield will "twinkle" in the area that you need to hit to complete the star map.

#2136 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Thanks! I guess that wooden block has to be removed first? It seems to impede the operation of the release.
I’m wondering if mine is as straight as it’s going to get - it is pretty close.

You just loosen the screw on the wood block and rotate it to the side and tighten the screw. you want to keep it in there so you can put it back for shipping / moving the game later.

#2137 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

no, this is part of the Limited / Collector's edition package.
that being said, you are not left out. the playfield will "twinkle" in the area that you need to hit to complete the star map.

You seem to understand how the starmap works. Care to explain?

#2138 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The star map will twinkle the next constellation that needs to be made. For example, if the 4x shot is the next contellation there will be 4 Xs on the star map. Not the easiest to see, but it can be made out. When the correct shot is made, a book opens up on the right side of the screen showing the constellation on the left page. This image shows the constellation for the O target in GOLD.

Constellation-gOld (resized).jpgConstellation-gOld (resized).jpg
#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Regarding the star map it was actually well covered and illustrated by Eric, Joe, and Kieth in there JJP Pirates Documentary videos I thought we all watched while waiting for these amazing games to arrive. The star map is not an In Your Face map. Think of it as a secondary puzzle to solve trying to figure out the Hint the stars are trying to illustrate. IE, sometimes the stars will form an outline of a treasure chest, or an X etc. Again, NOT HD imagery meant to be Obvious but more of an added puzzle to solve. Kind of like the Compass in the apron that points to the thing you want most. Its just a Hint of what you would most benefit from and focus on. I think its an amazing addition though with my slap and pray pinball technique looking more than 3 inches from the flippers at this point is rough and non productive. I Strongly suggest reviewing some of the game play content the designers shared. Trust that they did these videos for Our benefit Not for an afternoon off playing pinball! lol Maybe they did...

#2140 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would this character work as a replacement? I would like to put him on but not sure with that jacket...
ebay.com link » Pirates Of The Caribbean Davy Jones Dead Mans Chest Series 1 Figure Nip

Thats the one I am using for my game but I paid WAY less then that! As the Series 1 figures have long gone out of production you need to simply keep your eye out they do pop up cheap you just can't be in a hurry! Mine cost $18 and don't worry about the NIB variable as your going to throw away the box And over half of the figure anyway! lol

#2141 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

All new games have issues - spent hours on Maiden getting it right.
It is frustrating.
That said, how does a topper not get centered on a new game??

Maybe the same way someone misspells "reinforcement" on a playfield.

#2142 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats the one I am using for my game but I paid WAY less then that! As the Series 1 figures have long gone out of production you need to simply keep your eye out they do pop up cheap you just can't be in a hurry! Mine cost $18 and don't worry about the NIB variable as your going to throw away the box And over half of the figure anyway! lol

post a pic? Would like to see what it looks like

#2143 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

post a pic? Would like to see what it looks like

Will do but my CE arrives Sunday so unless you want to see it spinning on my finger it will take a few days. Lol

#2144 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Will do but my CE arrives Sunday so unless you want to see it spinning on my finger it will take a few days. Lol

did you have to trim off the coat at all? Any info on how you did it would be appreciated.

#2145 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

did you have to trim off the coat at all? Any info on how you did it would be appreciated.

You absolutely need to trim the coat or it will be sweeping the Playfield like a prom dress. It’s a removable soft rubber. A pair of scissors or a razor will cut it very easy.

#2146 5 years ago

Has anyone reported problems (and fixes) with The Depths VUK yet?

We’ve been playing a few hours and I noticed The Depths starting to struggle, taking 2-3 tries to eject the ball.

#2147 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Has anyone reported problems (and fixes) with The Depths VUK yet?
We’ve been playing a few hours and I noticed The Depths starting to struggle, taking 2-3 tries to eject the ball.

Adjust the power for the coil. Every coil can be individually adjustable in the Coil Settings menu. Different power, pitch, environment, etc can affect the coils. We configure then best we can for average conditions, but you're welcomed to and encouraged to adjust for your unique setup.

#2148 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Adjust the power for the coil. Every coil can be individually adjustable in the Coil Settings menu. Different power, pitch, environment, etc can affect the coils. We configure then best we can for average conditions, but you're welcomed to and encouraged to adjust for your unique setup.

I’ll take a look. It was weird because it was 100% fine for hours and then seemed to struggle a couple of times later into gameplay.

While I have you - is there a way to adjust the contrast/brightness of the monitor? It looks a bit washed out by default to me, and I’d like to mess with it.
I haven’t found anything in the settings tree for this yet, but admittedly I haven’t spent much time in there. Too busy playing and learning the rules!

#2149 5 years ago

On the right side of the Monitor you can activate the menu for changeing things like Contrast.

#2150 5 years ago

Now that Depp has been kicked from the series, could we see a version of this game without a huge picture of him in the middle of the playfield? That picture made me think this game looked terrible even though it's supposed to be a great game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.