(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 378.
#2051 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

We played a bunch last night trouble free. Of course I installed the Titan flipper rings last night. Made a big difference!

What are those? I haven't heard of that.

edit: ah the rubber = rings

I myself installed a couple mods today from mod couple. I estimate my POTC has 25 more horsepower now.

#2052 5 years ago

I can sometimes be 12 yrs old and saying rubbers just makes me laugh

#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I can sometimes be 12 yrs old and saying rubbers just makes me laugh

Ok well now I need to use this line on my wife. LOL

#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I've had to checked out the club forum since there are so many posts... My goodness for $10,000 this is pretty bad...

A little bit of work for early adopters but totally worth it to play this pin NOW!

#2055 5 years ago

Anyone else have the switches in the chapter select mode stuck closed because the rubber is forcing it closed? Not a big deal to fix.. just curious.

Also, someone please tell me the menu item to adjust the chapter select magnet strength... if the ball ends up on the left side of the pop up post...it's usually STDM.

#2056 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Anyone else have the switches in the chapter select mode stuck closed because the rubber is forcing it closed? Not a big deal to fix.. just curious.
Also, someone please tell me the menu item to adjust the chapter select magnet strength... if the ball ends up on the left side of the pop up post...it's usually STDM.

I had the problem with the stuck switch, easy to adjust from below the playfield with a switch adjustment tool.

I get a few drains SDTM from the starfield, but usually the magnet will do its job.

#2057 5 years ago

Speaking of the starfield post... I get the ball slipping past the post on the left hand side about 1/2 of the time (not trapped like in the photo).

It didn't happen at all to begin with. Anyone else? As I type this, I'm wondering if it's bent, crooked, or loose under the playfield.

sneaking down the left (resized).pngsneaking down the left (resized).png

#2058 5 years ago

Am I supposed to leave the felt on when I put the legs on?

02033C54-5DC7-4445-B92E-3B933CD7108C (resized).jpeg02033C54-5DC7-4445-B92E-3B933CD7108C (resized).jpeg
#2059 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Am I supposed to leave the felt on when I put the legs on?
[quoted image]

Yes, of course. To protect the cabinet. I didn't use the JJP felt, I applied strips of thin felt I already had to the inside of the legs before bolting them to the game. You can't see it at all and the nylon washers between the leg bolts and legs are also recommended.

#2060 5 years ago

Ok the "arrr frenzy" mode is hilarious. My kids giggle and laugh every time one of us gets it.

#2061 5 years ago

Ok...wanted to get some honest feedback. I have never put any type of undercabinet lighting on a game but I am toying around with some ideas. I will get rid of the stock topper and go with some sort of Black Pearl model so envision a ship up on top. Was contemplating some type of water projection instead of any type of under cabinet lighting. The video for some reason came out more purple in the center, it is all completely blue. Cool or just too much? Under cabinet or topper as shown? Trying to capture the world under glass concept but may just be a complete fail.

#2062 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Ok...wanted to get some honest feedback. I have never put any type of undercabinet lighting on a game but I am toying around with some ideas. I will get rid of the stock topper and go with some sort of Black Pearl model so envision a ship up on top. Was contemplating some type of water projection instead of any type of under cabinet lighting. The video for some reason came out more purple in the center, it is all completely blue. Cool or just too much? Under cabinet or topper as shown? Trying to capture the world under glass concept but may just be a complete fail.

Very cool!

#2063 5 years ago

I think it looks awesome.

#2064 5 years ago

Love it, going to copy that for sure. Did you use one of those projectors one can get on amazon for this effect?

#2065 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

Love it, going to copy that for sure. Did you use one of those projectors one can get on amazon for this effect?

Yep, pretty cheap. Found one for like $10. Going to try to 3d print the Black Pearl base with this built into it. We shall see. I only have the Christmas break to really dedicate to working on it.

#2066 5 years ago

The water SHOULD be on the bottom like it's floating on water...?

#2067 5 years ago

My canon opto thinks theres always a ball there... any ideas how to fix it?

#2068 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

My canon opto thinks theres always a ball there... any ideas how to fix it?

so looks like the opto in the back of the ship is hanging down.. how does it get in place and stay in place?

#2069 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

The water SHOULD be on the bottom like it's floating on water...?

Yeah, that is what I was contemplating. Actually pretty easy to get the undercabinet to do this but you need some stronger lighting is all. That way you are standing in the water.

#2070 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

so looks like the opto in the back of the ship is hanging down.. how does it get in place and stay in place?

I guess you just push hard and it snaps in all good now.

#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

I'm wondering if it's crooked or loose under the playfield

Maybe off a little bit, Looks a little closer to one side.

Ok...wanted to get some honest feedback

That's cool! But to me, It's kinda like a Harley, All that matters is that you like it

Sweet!

#2072 5 years ago

Ahoy mates. After my wait since last March (yes, I know some have waited much longer), my LE #63 with RADCALS finally made it's port of call in Oregon. Congrats to Eric and the JJP team for a great game; hopefully, it will be as trouble free as my other JJP pins. I am so glad I turned down an earlier copy and held out for one with the RADCALS; They are absolutely gorgeous. You may not like them or think they are not worth it but, you'd be wrong. My distributor was blown away when he saw them on a POTC; mine was the first LE that he has seen with them. He will certainly see more when the CE's roll in but I suspect he will get an LE for himself with, you guessed it, RADCALS.
Happy Holidays to all!

P1060260 (resized).JPGP1060260 (resized).JPGP1060262 (resized).JPGP1060262 (resized).JPGP1060263 (resized).JPGP1060263 (resized).JPG
#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Speaking of the starfield post... I get the ball slipping past the post on the left hand side about 1/2 of the time (not trapped like in the photo).
It didn't happen at all to begin with. Anyone else? As I type this, I'm wondering if it's bent, crooked, or loose under the playfield.
[quoted image]

Hard to tell from your picture but make sure the up post is as centered as possible. Make sure the left rubber ring is in position. And make sure the clear post holding the ring is snug and not upside down?

#2074 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hard to tell from your picture but make sure the up post is as centered as possible. Make sure the left rubber ring is in position. And make sure the clear post holding the ring is snug and not upside down?

Good call, I haven't taken a close look with the glass off yet. Looks like in my pic the rubber isn't making contact with the ball, could definitely be too high.

#2075 5 years ago

Yeah, that is what I was contemplating. Actually pretty easy to get the undercabinet to do this but you need some stronger lighting is all. That way you are standing in the water.

An undercab effect that made it look like the game was standing in a shimmering pool of water and the person at the lockdown was standing in it would be, uh, really frigging cool.

#2076 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Ahoy mates. After my wait since last March (yes, I know some have waited much longer), my LE #63 with RADCALS finally made it's port of call in Oregon. Congrats to Eric and the JJP team for a great game; hopefully, it will be as trouble free as my other JJP pins. I am so glad I turned down an earlier copy and held out for one with the RADCALS; They are absolutely gorgeous. You may not like them or think they are not worth it but, you'd be wrong. My distributor was blown away when he saw them on a POTC; mine was the first LE that he has seen with them. He will certainly see more when the CE's roll in but I suspect he will get an LE for himself with, you guessed it, RADCALS.
Happy Holidays to all!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Radcals or not, that is a stunning lineup. Jjp makes beautiful games.

#2077 5 years ago

I don’t appear to have a tilt bob . Where should it be? It’s not anywhere in the coin box.

#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don’t appear to have a tilt bob . Where should it be? It’s not anywhere in the coin box.

Should have been in a plastic bag in the coin box.

Call them if it's MIA.

LTG : )

#2079 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Radcals or not, that is a stunning lineup. Jjp makes beautiful games.

Thanks but it is a good thing that I have a very understanding wife. Otherwise......

#2080 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Should have been in a plastic bag in the coin box.
Call them if it's MIA.

Yes it’s MIA. Should it have been the fourth “cell” in the plastic “sausage” that contained the hex wrench etc? (Mine only has 3 cells).

Also separate problem, the metal wireform in the shooter lane is deformed and preventing proper shooter operation. Not sure how to fix this one.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B115aDWbrM9Ost;08271900-5313-4E4D-AED1-84262B64EC7E

#2081 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

the metal wireform in the shooter lane is deformed and preventing proper shooter operation. Not sure how to fix this one.

Looking at the video frame-by-frame, it looks like the plunger is hitting the auto-plunger, which is bending the wireform. I moved my plunger just today to prevent this. Maybe that will help? It is worth a shot since it is just 3 ezpz screws.

...but thinking about it, then the auto-plunging would not work.

#2082 5 years ago

Is the black “hair” around the chest insert part of the art? Or some kind of crack/issue?

Quoted from roddog:

Looking at the video frame-by-frame, it looks like the plunger is hitting the auto-plunger, which is bending the wireform. I moved my plunger just today to prevent this. Maybe that will help? It is worth a shot since it is just 3 ezpz screws.

No, the wireform is bent and is lifted from the shooter lane. You can see it move when I push it with my finger.

I don’t even see a way to remove the wireform to put a bend back into it to fix

6BCC57B4-3AAC-4DD7-B681-FB2C079D1F55 (resized).jpeg6BCC57B4-3AAC-4DD7-B681-FB2C079D1F55 (resized).jpeg
#2083 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is the black “hair” around the chest insert part of the art? Or some kind of crack/issue?

No, the wireform is bent and is lifted from the shooter lane. You can see it move when I push it with my finger.
I don’t even see a way to remove the wireform to put a bend back into it to fix [quoted image]

The black line is an art feature no worries. Looking at your video it shows the ball launcher is offset throwing the ball off track into the rubber post. The wire track is supposed to be loose and only to keep the ball off the wood. I suspect if you use the plunger manually this is not happening. I would just adjust the auto plunger as others have show personally.

#2084 5 years ago

Oh mirror blades.... What would I do without you....

Got a really nice shooter rod too looks great fast shipping. Thanks tonycip

20181220_194339 (resized).jpg20181220_194339 (resized).jpg20181220_194344 (resized).jpg20181220_194344 (resized).jpg20181220_194349 (resized).jpg20181220_194349 (resized).jpg

20181220_194610 (resized).jpg20181220_194610 (resized).jpg
#2085 5 years ago

Just put up a good score for me. Love this game.

IMG_4150 (resized).JPGIMG_4150 (resized).JPGIMG_4151 (resized).JPGIMG_4151 (resized).JPG
#2086 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Oh mirror blades.... What would I do without you....
Got a really nice shooter rod too looks great fast shipping. Thanks tonycip
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the shooter rod, who is selling these?

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the shooter rod, who is selling these?

@tonycip. 35 shipped. Absolute steal imo. Great product.

Btw I'm continuing to tweak the color of the display and I think I like these settings for more color pop. Might be a little much but running with it for now. Looks closer to my dialed in display.

FYI for those that want to try.
20181220_205608 (resized).jpg20181220_205608 (resized).jpg20181220_205616 (resized).jpg20181220_205616 (resized).jpg

Edit - little too much. Went to 7500 color and 85 brightness and 92 contrast for now.

#2088 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Just put up a good score for me. Love this game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just couldn’t rest till you knocked my name off the leader board could you. Lol. I’ll practice up for our next competitive plunder round! I am so loving that bedlam option, really levels the playing field and adds some fun competetive laughs.

#2089 5 years ago

My LE found its way home today. Getting everything dialed in, everything seems to be working OK out of the box, had to bend one GOLD switch that was stuck.

I have a tilt bob, but it didn't come with a wing nut to attach it.

#2090 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Isn't is a compression spring ? Small X shaped shiny sheet metal with a hole on top and bottom and you squeeze to install on the rod and hold the plumb bob position ? Anything like that in there ?

#2091 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Isn't is a compression spring ? Small X shaped shiny sheet metal with a hole on top and bottom and you squeeze to install on the rod and hold the plumb bob position ? Anything like that in there ?

The one I got was a plastic wing nut.

#2092 5 years ago

Corrected a few more things on my LE. The display was sagging on the right because it wasn’t latched all the way in - easy fix. The spotlight behind Tortuga Tom just need to be bent up a little so balls no longer get stuck there. I also adjusted the brightness and contrast settings to my liking and the color temp to 9300. After all of the issues, the game is 100% now. Does anyone know how to clear the camera pictures? Does one have to reset the high scores to get rid of saved pictures?

#2093 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

The one I got was a plastic wing nut.

You are correct. Should be a plastic wing nut.

#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Does anyone know how to clear the camera pictures? Does one have to reset the high scores to get rid of saved pictures?

Sounds about right to me. They were taken for HS, hopefully that does it!

#2095 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Crap I just realized I didn't get a tilt bob with mine(or I lost it somehow on unboxing). Maybe that is why I have rarely tilted.

#2096 5 years ago

I managed to fix my shooter lane issue! BIG thanks to my distributor Gary from Abel Electronics who conferenced me in with JJP support.
Their immediate response allowed me to learn how to safely remove the shooter wireform, bend it a bit so it snugs up where it should, and reassemble the game.

I am now only having three issues:

1. Sticking gold button (like everyone)
2. Off-center topper (like everyone)
3. No Star Map functionality (but I think upgrading the firmware may fix this? I’m on 0.96)
4. No tilt bob (replacement en route)

This has been an exhausting and frustrating day. Getting the 330lb of pin up the stairs was quite a challenge, even for two people and a rented power stair climber.

I am glad the game is now working and I can enjoy it!

And again, big ups for support from the two companies involved. Problems happen but it’s how you respond to them that matters.

#2097 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I managed to fix my shooter lane issue! BIG thanks to my distributor Gary from Abel Electronics who conferenced me in with JJP support.
Their immediate response allowed me to learn how to safely remove the shooter wireform, bend it a bit so it snugs up where it should, and reassemble the game.
3. No Star Map functionality (but I think upgrading the firmware may fix this? I’m on 0.96)
This has been an exhausting and frustrating day. Getting the 330lb of pin up the stairs was quite a challenge, even for two people and a rented power stair climber.
And again, big ups for support from the two companies involved. Problems happen but it’s how you respond to them that matters.

Check my post about the gold button bc after spraying it the button has been working perfectly.

#2098 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What I did on my game. Took lockdown bar off. Looked down at arm on switch. Centered it a little and bent up past the point on the switch body where the arm pushes the tiny knob into the switch. Put a blob of hot glue on the end of the button and shaped it a little when cooling so the part going down was a little wider and not sticking of the side of the arm on the switch.

#2099 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

All new games have issues - spent hours on Maiden getting it right.

It is frustrating.

That said, how does a topper not get centered on a new game??

#2100 5 years ago

Only had to adjust 1 sling switch other than that perfect outta the box.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/42?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.