(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 378.
#2001 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Goodbye Tom, hello Jack. Series II figure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

No more eyeless pirate! Nicely done

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Goodbye Tom, hello Jack. Series II figure.

How are you actually attaching the figure though double sided tape or hot glue? I was hoping to use the squid guy but not sure he would work

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

How are you actually attaching the figure though double sided tape or hot glue?

Two screws from the bottom up. Then two screws hold the figure/barrel to the pop bumper. Page C-32 in the manual.

I don't think double sided tape or hot glue would last long on a pop bumper.

LTG : )

#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Two screws from the bottom up. Then two screws hold the figure/barrel to the pop bumper. Page C-32 in the manual.

Exactly. Very easy direct replacement that is not permanent. Careful on what character as jack barely fit width wise. Couldn’t hold the rum bottle as his fingers would hit the rails.

#2005 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks!

Btw can someone post the left spinner devil's triangle from their game? Mine works and spins fine but is it designed to be on an angle?

20181219_205033 (resized).jpg20181219_205033 (resized).jpg
#2006 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks!
Btw can someone post the left spinner devil's triangle from their game? Mine works and spins fine but is it designed to be on an angle?
[quoted image]

So the top is but the spinner doesn’t really look angled to me.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2007 5 years ago

I guess mine is like that too. It plays perfectly so I'll leave it. By the way this stuff worked wonders on my coin button. Works perfect now. Little spray and all good. Loving this game.

20181219_211624 (resized).jpg20181219_211624 (resized).jpg20181219_211719 (resized).jpg20181219_211719 (resized).jpg

#2008 5 years ago

Mine is angled but not as much as the others posted.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2009 5 years ago

We have only 2 CE’s left if interested PM or text me 586-530-8206. Gary

5A709326-B37D-4A81-BBB2-A91DEDEA634D (resized).jpeg5A709326-B37D-4A81-BBB2-A91DEDEA634D (resized).jpeg7D2B7ECE-2FEE-440E-B383-081F60C1B943 (resized).jpeg7D2B7ECE-2FEE-440E-B383-081F60C1B943 (resized).jpeg
#2010 5 years ago

Hello,

Having a problem with the Auto Launcher. I know both pieces of metal are supposed to be touching the Ball. So I bend the metal on each side to make that happen. After about two successful launches it goes back to a launch where ball hits side and never makes it over launch ramp. Only thing I can think is there is too much play on the launch mech from side to side.

I see its held on by a coder pin. Makes muli-ball tough because you have to hand launch each ball.

Anyone else have this issue. Thanks.

IMG_0086 (resized).jpgIMG_0086 (resized).jpg
#2011 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Only thing I can think is there is too much play on the launch mech from side to side.

On page C-22 in the manual. One side has a washer. Can you try adding a washer or two, to limit side to side travel ?

#2012 5 years ago

LTG. I was hoping you would answer. Don’t think mine has any washers. Gonna tackle that in the morning. Thanks so much.

#2013 5 years ago

Loving the game so much. Playing it every day I'm not in a tourney. Also fixing all the little issues. Had to bend the chapter start post, and a leaf switch. Still encountering 2 issues:

- During multiball, balls tend to get stuck in the highway (is that what they call it? sounds wrong but you know what I'm talking about) and only come out during a ball search.
- The dang playfield is so tight. Every time I put the playfield up, I have a heck of a time getting it back inside the box. What am I doing wrong? My other pins are not like this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2014 5 years ago

Anyone else experiencing balls getting stuck under the spotlight behind the Tortuga Tom pop bumper? I’ve had this happen a few times deep into a game and had to pull the glass. I’ve tried bending it up, but the wireform is right above it. Minor issue, but annoying nonetheless.

#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Anyone else experiencing balls getting stuck under the spotlight behind the Tortuga Tom pop bumper? I’ve had this happen a few times deep into a game and had to pull the glass. I’ve tried bending it up, but the wireform is right above it. Minor issue, but annoying nonetheless.

Minor adjustment. Simply rotate it away from the wire form, bend it up slightly, and rotate it back to touch the wire form. Had this happen on setup and fairly easy to adjust.

#2016 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

You have to bend the arm in a manner that tightens up the spring tension on the flap/gate. If you zoom in close on the first pic you can see the markings from where I had my pliers. I believe I twisted my wrist to the left a little bending the arm down just slightly.
I apologize for the poor lighting.

Fixed tonight. Thanks for the help.

#2017 5 years ago

Couple questions:

1. Anybody have or know of any streams of a standard edition in action?

2. Is there any difference with the CE's other than topper, barnacles, and Davy Jones art?

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Couple questions:
1. Anybody have or know of any streams of a standard edition in action?
2. Is there any difference with the CE's other than topper, barnacles, and Davy Jones art?

1) not sure

2) DJ art (cabinet, playfield, plastics, backglass), topper, body armor, barnacles, limited to 200 units.

#2019 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello,
Having a problem with the Auto Launcher. I know both pieces of metal are supposed to be touching the Ball. So I bend the metal on each side to make that happen. After about two successful launches it goes back to a launch where ball hits side and never makes it over launch ramp. Only thing I can think is there is too much play on the launch mech from side to side.
I see its held on by a coder pin. Makes muli-ball tough because you have to hand launch each ball.
Anyone else have this issue. Thanks.
[quoted image]

Mine is doing the same exact thing as well let’s try to band together and fix it. LTG said to maybe add some washers to the mech I will try that to. Any other suggestions.

#2020 5 years ago

Speaking of the shooter lane those metal guides on it are not in my DI. It almost seems to keep the ball from touching the wood so will this prevent shooter wear going forward? I usually mylar up down there! You know safety first of course

#2021 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Speaking of the shooter lane those metal guides on it are not in my DI. It almost seems to keep the ball from touching the wood so will this prevent shooter wear going forward? I usually mylar up down there! You know safety first of course

That is a special design from Eric just for pirates. All games should have it.

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It almost seems to keep the ball from touching the wood so will this prevent shooter wear going forward?

That's what it's designed to do .

#2023 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Speaking of the shooter lane those metal guides on it are not in my DI. It almost seems to keep the ball from touching the wood so will this prevent shooter wear going forward?

When will the first PotC for sale ad appear including at least 4 pics of how cherry CQ HUO OMG minty fresh the shooter lane is?

#2024 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Maybe a mod guy could make something like this for all games .

#2025 5 years ago

Two gameplay questions:

Can someone explain constellation shots/bonus? I understand all the other rules but not sure what I'm expected to check on that star map in the back. I thought it was just decoration!

Chapter selection - if you don't pick the character that allows you to pick, how are you guys focusing on getting five of the same color considering it's very easy to light other movie chapters and then you're left with just random chance. I'm struggling with qualifying 5 chapters preventing me from getting wizard....

#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

During multiball, balls tend to get stuck in the highway

Look back a few pages, there is a fix for this. The subway plastic is a touch to wide and the ball gets caught at the entrance to the depths vuk. He had a easy fix for it.

#2027 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Two gameplay questions:
Can someone explain constellation shots/bonus? I understand all the other rules but not sure what I'm expected to check on that star map in the back. I thought it was just decoration!
Chapter selection - if you don't pick the character that allows you to pick, how are you guys focusing on getting five of the same color considering it's very easy to light other movie chapters and then you're left with just random chance. I'm struggling with qualifying 5 chapters preventing me from getting wizard....

You have to have sniper skills and some ball control to really focus on one movie and 5 chapters.
Calypso is the easiest path to wizard modes.

#2028 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You have to have sniper skills and some ball control to really focus on one movie and 5 chapters.
Calypso is the easiest path to wizard modes.

Ok so you're really just shooting for chapters and hoping to qualify what you can vs focusing on 1 movie.... Seems like that's going to be challenging without using that one character to get 5 started.....a good challenge though. Love how many ways they're are to play this

#2029 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

- The dang playfield is so tight. Every time I put the playfield up, I have a heck of a time getting it back inside the box. What am I doing wrong? My other pins are not like this.

Did you remove the shipping block behind the playfield?

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Maybe a mod guy could make something like this for all games .

There is a mod guy named Cliffy...

#2031 5 years ago

I’m taking delivery today!

To summarize what I need to look for:

- Braid in the leg holes
- Remove all the foam
- Look for loose parts
- Check the Black Pearl wiring

Anything else? Has the topper centering been fixed?

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m taking delivery today!
To summarize what I need to look for:
- Braid in the leg holes
- Remove all the foam
- Look for loose parts
Anything else? Has the topper centering been fixed?

Leaf switch under the Pearl ramp rubbing the ramp, may need to trim the top of the leaf. Then tighten the ramp down so the ball doesn’t get stuck on the wire gate. Action button sticking. Sling posts over tightened and cutting into the playfield. Cannon door not staying open or not opening all the way. Subway deforming and having balls get stuck. Guide on the Tortuga hole not tight. Auto launcher getting caught on the plunger. Verify disk is centered and level. Update to the latest code. Then go buy all the Mod Couple items and enjoy!

#2033 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

- Braid in the leg holes

This problem should be fixed as they are shipping with the bolts in them now.

Quoted from zaphX:

You should only have to cut the one just under the leaf switches for the X and Bonus switches.
This will provide enough slack so they don't break "hopefully". as some of the soldering is not so good.

#2034 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

You should only have to cut the one just under the leaf switches for the X and Bonus switches.
This will provide enough slack so they don't break "hopefully". as some of the soldering is not so good.

Has anyone done a detailed how to video or pictures on removing the upper playfield?

#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Do we have any confirmation the short wiring to the pearl is still an issue? Maybe they’ve added more at the factory.

#2036 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Do we have any confirmation the short wiring to the pearl is still an issue? Maybe they’ve added more at the factory.

The wire routing has been addressed and should no longer be an issue.

#2037 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

The wire routing has been addressed and should no longer be an issue.

Great news! I’ll post my unboxing album later today

#2038 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Has anyone done a detailed how to video or pictures on removing the upper playfield?

Not that I have seen. There is supposed to be one in the works!

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Did you remove the shipping block behind the playfield?

hahaha nope that thing seemed intentional since it was stuck on there. ill remove it. thanks!

#2040 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Not yet. I believe Butch Peel ( the manual guy and made instructions for WOZ 2.0 lighting kit ) was going to make some videos. Ask him to see if it's in the works.
Lloyd

#2041 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

2) DJ art (cabinet, playfield, plastics, backglass), topper, body armor, barnacles, limited to 200 units.

Call Chris today. He may have one or two CE's left.

#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Look back a few pages, there is a fix for this. The subway plastic is a touch to wide and the ball gets caught at the entrance to the depths vuk. He had a easy fix for it.

Hmm. I saw LTG suggested adjusting the plunger at the depths VUK. However, I do not believe the plunger is an issue. Another suggestion was buying a shim to fix magnetization. I did not see anything about the subway being too wide.

#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

hahaha nope that thing seemed intentional since it was stuck on there. ill remove it. thanks!

Hah I thought my playfield was tight too, and so I checked and there was the sticky'd foam block.

#2044 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hmm. I saw ltg suggested adjusting the plunger at the depths VUK. However, I do not believe the plunger is an issue. Another suggestion was buying a shim to fix magnetization. I did not see anything about the subway being too wide.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/26#post-4709678

This post seemed to indicate fixing the plunger.

#2045 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

During multiball, balls tend to get stuck in the highway

Here is the pics.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2046 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hate to say it but there is a pic at the beginning of the manual which shows them with removal details. Might even be in the loose paperwork that ships with the pin

I doubt that anyone goes through this stuff but it really can be helpful. Not to mention the revised manual outlining the rules!

#2047 5 years ago

I've had to checked out the club forum since there are so many posts... My goodness for $10,000 this is pretty bad...

#2048 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I've had to checked out the club forum since there are so many posts... My goodness for $10,000 this is pretty bad...

To me nothing about my pin feels bad. The only bad thing on mine is the slightly off center topper. Otherwise it's had zero problems other than minor tweaks here or there which every pin has. I think sometimes people blow things out of proportion based on forum posts. People don't run to the forums to post about yet another trouble free day with their pinball machine.

#2049 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

It's a game that just started shipping and has more features than two new Sterns combined (maybe even three). Heck, ask an owner of TNA, a game which has nearly nothing on the playfield, about issues they have with their game.

It's a bummer when there's issues with games. But as someone who has unboxed 7 NIB games for personal use over the course of the last 8 years (Sterns and JJPs), I can say that every game had some issues. And I can say that both companies ALWAYS made it right when I reached out to them about the issues.

#2050 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

People don't run to the forums to post about yet another trouble free

We played a bunch last night trouble free. Of course I installed the Titan flipper rings last night. Made a big difference!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Wanted
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.