(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 378.
#1901 5 years ago

Found this blocking the trough kickout. Any idea what it is? Was preventing me from playing until I got it out of the way.

33B4F2FB-A6EF-423D-9C87-86C112377087 (resized).jpeg33B4F2FB-A6EF-423D-9C87-86C112377087 (resized).jpeg7D3EE8D2-391E-4280-BF5E-82E39F4F64F4 (resized).jpeg7D3EE8D2-391E-4280-BF5E-82E39F4F64F4 (resized).jpeg
#1902 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Yes. Here are some wear spots from our SE on location.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow and people talk about the wear on stern machines!!

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Found this blocking the trough kickout. Any idea what it is? Was preventing me from playing until I got it out of the way.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a lens to a spotlight?

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yes it is.

LTG : )

#1905 5 years ago

Quoted from LTG:

Yes it is.

Aha! I see which one. Thank you gentlemen.

#1906 5 years ago

So I hate to point this out to people, but why is the topper not centered on the LE? Can’t unsee it now.

Now I can’t unsee it!

51974E98-2D0E-4522-895A-577916BF6708 (resized).jpeg51974E98-2D0E-4522-895A-577916BF6708 (resized).jpeg8A30A905-0475-4994-9BED-D89C34DD268E (resized).jpeg8A30A905-0475-4994-9BED-D89C34DD268E (resized).jpeg

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Now I can’t unsee it!

Yeah, no clue why they would do that. Now I am focused on making a better topper. Not sure if I want a full motion Black Pearl with waves and lighting effects or a full bottle topper that doesn’t have the black board around it.

#1908 5 years ago

quick question. I had lie's dice ready to go then hit a multi ball . during multi ball I must of hit the lane target. when it was over no lie's dice .I never got it.
glitch? or just oh well?

#1909 5 years ago

Yeah, no clue why they would do that. Now I am focused on making a better topper. Not sure if I want a full motion Black Pearl with waves and lighting effects or a full bottle topper that doesn’t have the black board around it.

Tricky part is if you want to attempt to center it, going to have to mangle the plastic caps that cover the screw holes to take the topper off.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Tricky part is if you want to attempt to center it, going to have to mangle the plastic caps that cover the screw holes to take the topper off. I’m already on my second set of screw hole covers replacing the LED strip.

I removed it twice you just cant go at it from the front like prying out a nail. Simply push the cap out from the back center and it pops out no issues. Plus the caps don't really do much so no real harm it you did ruin them.

#1911 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

quick question. I had lie's dice ready to go then hit a multi ball . during multi ball I must of hit the lane target. when it was over no lie's dice .I never got it.
glitch? or just oh well?

I had this happen as well? Must get overridden by the mode start not sure.

#1912 5 years ago

a full bottle topper that doesn’t have the black board around it.

5 gallon plastic carboy is a good start.

Find a pirate ship or pirate ship kit with about an 11 inch long pirate ship. Figure your up and down motion, waves back and forth, and lightening ( flashers ).

shipbottle (resized).JPGshipbottle (resized).JPG
#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Give me a call tomorrow and we can talk
608-393-2299

I thought all phone numbers in the US started with 555

#1914 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I thought all phone numbers in the US started with 555

Not all. Mine starts with 666

#1915 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not all. Mine starts with 666

Looks like lloyd is hitting the rum barrel tonight.

#1916 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Coffee actually. I'm addicted. Tried a few days without and fell off the cup.

#1917 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

He's earned it .

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hey folks,
The gate leading from the black pearl to the cannon does not seem to stay up when it should (after the fuse is lit). Has anybody else encountered this?
There are no alerts and the coil moves the gate a little bit in a test. However, the dang thing wont stay up. Thanks!

So I was able to fix this tonight (patting myself on the back cause I get stoked when I can fix something myself!). The left leaf switch in the chapter start shot was engaging with a flipper hit, which would close the gate due to the software. Loosened the switch and it is working fine. Yay!

The playfield is a pain to put back into the cabinet. Are all the playfields this tight? IM and TNA go in so much easier.

1 more quick question. I noticed the post in the chapter start shot is retracting slowly sometimes. Is this normal? Is there an easy fix for this? Thanks again all!

#1919 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I noticed the post in the chapter start shot is retracting slowly sometimes. Is this normal?

It should go up and down smoothly. Please check if it's binding on the playfield hole or anything else going on.

#1920 5 years ago

Spring is good. Looks like the switch makes good contact. Tried to clean the contacts just in case. Problem is it is currently sporadic and hard to reproduce the issue. Will see.

I just had the same exact problem on my DI yesterday...

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I just had the same exact problem on my DI yesterday...

I just can’t get through my head the behavior. Do the JJP coils work like the old Bally ones? So button is pressed and high power coil kicks in and the flipper goes up. Hits the EOS, and adds in the low power coils. Either low power never engaged (short in the coil connection) or is not enough (poor solder joint). Flipper comes back down, releases EOS, bypasses low power coil and high power kicks it back up trips the EOS and somehow low power magically is enough now. Just don’t understand that.

#1922 5 years ago

I updated the machine to .97. it shows that on screen. but now I cant seem to get .98 to go in.. any Ideas..

#1923 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I updated the machine to .97. it shows that on screen. but now I cant seem to get .98 to go in.. any Ideas..

The .98 delta files must reside within an appropriately named folder (see delta install details on their site). Ensure that you didn't just unzip the file into another main folder using the zip file's name. Just unzip it's connects into the required folder per JJP's instructions. When you have your pin running, connect the USB drive and then go into the Utility - USB Update option. This should see the files in that folder on the USB.

It is perfectly acceptable to have this folder at the root of your prepped ready full .97 USB drive. This is handy when making round to other pins of the same title to update those.

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

Pin should be on, go into menu to update and plug in flash drive. Make sure only .98 is on flash drive...

As Dna said, unzipped...

#1925 5 years ago

I had an epic game last night where I got to 4 out of the 5 wizard modes. I've never gotten to more than 1 in a single game before. This was on factory settings.

What really helped is the way the game doled out extra balls. As I progressed further, it gave them out at what seemed appropriate times, like reaching checkpoints in a video game. You play well and progress further, here's an extra ball. Makes perfect sense.

If Keith or someone can explain the ways that extra balls are earned, that would be appreciated.

#1926 5 years ago

I had an epic game last night where I got to 4 out of the 5 wizard modes. I've never gotten to more than 1 in a single game before. This was on factory settings.
What really helped is the way the game doled out extra balls. As I progressed further, it gave them out at what seemed appropriate times, like reaching checkpoints in a video game. You play well and progress further, here's an extra ball. Makes perfect sense.
If Keith or someone can explain the ways that extra balls are earned, that would be appreciated.

At factory settings sounds like a nice run and very rewarding. I recall getting 3 extra balls on my last epic game. Yet some games can be brutal, it's a roller-coaster ride and i'm always coming back for more...

#1927 5 years ago

I think the only drivers for extra ball are:
- map awards (not sure the randomness?)
- pirate lane awards (not sure what round?)
- constellation shots (random shots that collect the more you play?)

Constellation is still more or less a mystery to me. I don't get how the starmap gives any hints. I'm sure someone with some actual knowledge could clarify further.

#1928 5 years ago

I apologize for so many questions lately, I've been trying to search in the thread to find answers but haven't had any luck. Where are the monitor brightness/contrast adjustment settings? Under monitor in the menu I only have pixel offset, size, etc.

The other question, it doesn't seem that my machine is displaying the "wanted" posters with the pictures it has taken at all. Cycling through with flippers never shows them, and they never show in attract mode either. The setting to allow photos to be used in attract mode is set correctly, but they never show?

#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I apologize for so many questions lately, I've been trying to search in the thread to find answers but haven't had any luck. Where are the monitor brightness/contrast adjustment settings? Under monitor in the menu I only have pixel offset, size, etc.
The other question, it doesn't seem that my machine is displaying the "wanted" posters with the pictures it has taken at all. Cycling through with flippers never shows them, and they never show in attract mode either. The setting to allow photos to be used in attract mode is set correctly, but they never show?

You can pull off the backglass and swing the monitor out, has buttons on the side for menu / brightness / contrast.

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

The .98 delta files must reside within an appropriately named folder (see delta install details on their site). Ensure that you didn't just unzip the file into another main folder using the zip file's name. Just unzip it's connects into the required folder per JJP's instructions. When you have your pin running, connect the USB drive and then go into the Utility - USB Update option. This should see the files in that folder on the USB.
It is perfectly acceptable to have this folder at the root of your prepped ready full .97 USB drive. This is handy when making round to other pins of the same title to update those.

Thanks but like I said I just did the .97 so I did it the same . and as instructed on the web site 2 files only on the flash zipped and unzipped.
I started the update through the menu and it starts to download files then just goes to the start screen I double check the ver and it still says .97..
I'll try download it again and start over maybe a file get corrupted or something. does windows come with a unzipping program? I cant find it, I had to use a third party one..

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

does windows come with a unzipping program? I cant find it,

I have windows 10.

I download the .98, put it on my desktop. It looks like a zipped folder. I put a formatted USB stick with nothing else on it into my computer. Left click the zipped folder once. Then right click. Choose extract all and send it to the USB stick. When done scurry over to the game with it turned on. Plug in the USB stick. Go to Utilities - update part, do what the screen all says. When done the screen says to unplug the USB stick and restart game, so I unplug the USB stick, turn game off, wait 30 seconds, turn game back on. Party hardy.

#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

In post 1211, Keefer sez:

The wanted posters don't come up often because there's a lot of them, but I'm moving them sooner in attract mode (it's like in the 4th pass now or something). If you keep hitting the right flipper button, they'll show up eventually. (Or left if you accidentally go past it.)

#1933 5 years ago

Speaking of the selfies, does anyone else notice a dark blog appearing on their posters around the nose? I thought I might have had a spec on the camera or something, but we're all different heights and it always appears right near the nose. I don't think these photos pick it up very well, but figured I'd post them as reference.

I presume it has something to do with the filters being applied to the shot. In camera test, the picture is clean and unblemished.

(Obviously this isn't a big deal -- I'm just curious if the third nostril is a software thing or specific to my machine)

3rd nostril (resized).png3rd nostril (resized).png

Nose blob (resized).pngNose blob (resized).pngblobs (resized).pngblobs (resized).png

#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Speaking of the selfies, does anyone else notice a dark blog appearing on their posters around the nose? I thought I might have had a spec on the camera or something, but we're all different heights and it always appears right near the nose. I don't think these photos pick it up very well, but figured I'd post them as reference.
I presume it has something to do with the filters being applied to the shot. In camera test, the picture is clean and unblemished.
(Obviously this isn't a big deal -- I'm just curious if the third nostril is a software thing or specific to my machine)
[quoted image]

Mine does this as well.

#1935 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mine does this as well.

Me three

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mine does this as well.

Same on mine.

#1937 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

The spot is present on the poster background. We'll touch that up for a later release.
--Ted
Poster 1 clean (resized).pngPoster 1 clean (resized).png

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Same on mine.

Gotchya. Can't say I love it. I presume it's meant to rough up the appearance of the poster, but looks too much like an extra nose hole to me.

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Constellation is still more or less a mystery to me. I don't get how the starmap gives any hints. I'm sure someone with some actual knowledge could clarify further.

I don‘t think that this is working yet. I can‘t see and Star constellations.

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

The spot is present on the poster background. We'll touch that up for a later release.
--Ted
[quoted image]

Thanks. I was about to contact JJP. Thought I had dead pixels in the camera or something. Not a big fan of the booger filter.

#1941 5 years ago

Ah, thanks, that makes sense!

Interesting that you went with the spelling "pYracy" -- I couldn't find any references to this spelling online, and the game is called "pIrates", after all.

*shrugs*

Quoted from check_switch_26:

--Ted
[quoted image]

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Interesting that you went with the spelling "pYracy" -- I couldn't find any references to this spelling online, and the game is called "pIrates", after all.
*shrugs*

I prefer the traditional spelling Piracy...

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

*shrugs*

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pyrate

Pyrate is a variation of the spelling of pirate. Spelling during the 1700 and 1800's was haphazard and there were many ways to spell pirate, with pyrate as one of the most commonly accepted forms.

Doesn't have citations but I admit this is not the first time I've seen it spelled that way so I'm guessing there must be a source or texts/documents from that period that had that spelling?

#1944 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I don‘t think that this is working yet. I can‘t see and Star constellations.

The constellations are in the shape of a clue. Sometimes it is the shape of the chest, or the letter T, or kind of a swirl for the maelstrom, or a ship. Not sure what happens when you get all of the shots as I have never finished yet that I know of or if I did, I missed the ending. I had my son studying it when I was playing and he was calling out the shots. You can change the fade on them to see it easier.

#1945 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

From wikipedia:

The term first appeared in English c. 1300.[9] Spelling did not become standardised until the eighteenth century, and spellings such as "pirrot", "pyrate" and "pyrat" occurred until this period.

Quoted from JordanB:

I think the only drivers for extra ball are:
- map awards (not sure the randomness?)
- pirate lane awards (not sure what round?)

The star display makes a "constellation" of what you should shoot. This is more or less revealed in the book when you make the shot.

Extra balls: random from map and Tortuga mystery (not very common), 10 + 50 constellations (default, adjustable), after 6 + 20 inlane completions (default, adjustable).

#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Whelp, at least I figured out why I suck at loading the cannon!

It appears to work every 10th attempt or so.
I've tried incrementally adjusting the power on that coil up until max, and it's the same behavior.
Any ideas on what can be done to get the cannon door to stay open?

Quoted from Psw757:

I have experienced the same thing during game play at times but when testing it, the flap seems fine. To me this would seem software related.
Sometimes I have no issue during gameplay.
Really odd and I agree, don’t want to go bending things if that isnt the real issue. Could be just a bandaid fix.

I have no physical issue with my cannon door. When the cannon door is open, the door has sufficient height for the ball to enter. So yeah, the issue I raised seems different from those who needed to physically bend the metal door to give the ball enough clearance to enter. So this is if for anyone else mystified (as I was) at what was causing the cannon door to close after I qualified it to open:

I did a little fiddling with the cannon door today with the glass off during single-ball play. After qualifying the cannon door to open, the ball then makes contact with ANY switch on the lower playfield, the cannon door closes. And by any switch, that includes slings, standups, etc...A hit on ANY target on the upper playfield reopens the cannon door. The door stays open unless the ball leaves the upper playfield and then makes contact with a switch on the lower playfield.

The behavior during COTBP multi-ball is slightly different. After COTBP multi-ball begins, the cannon door arrow insert flashes continually yellow and the door stays open regardless if any switch on the lower playfield is contacted. The cannon door stays open and gives you a window of about 5 seconds to load the cannon with a ball. After ~5 seconds, the cannon door closes. To reopen the cannon door during COTBP multi-ball, you just need to hit ANY switch on the upper playfield and you have another ~5 seconds to try and load the cannon. Repeat as needed.

This must be software intentional by the Devs to save life on the cannon door coil.

#1947 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

From wikipedia: The term first appeared in English c. 1300.[9] Spelling did not become standardised until the eighteenth century, and spellings such as "pirrot", "pyrate" and "pyrat" occurred until this period.

This makes total sense. Pyrates didn't have spell-check on their cell phones back then.
11e3be1fa97b580753c6c9b9f5f0c341 (resized).png11e3be1fa97b580753c6c9b9f5f0c341 (resized).png

#1948 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

This makes total sense. They didn't have spell-check on their cell phones back then.

I'm just going to leave this here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_General_History_of_the_Pyrates
--Ted

#1949 5 years ago

Had the best Game since i have this Pin.

It was so amazing and intensive to play.

6666666 Multiball with Multiplier is the Key to very nice Points

I love this Pin.

THX JJP

BE81EE85-33B4-4880-862B-13A104892CB3 (resized).jpegBE81EE85-33B4-4880-862B-13A104892CB3 (resized).jpeg
#1950 5 years ago

Anyone figure out why the cannon seems to be immeditaly qualified to load at times since update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 38.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/39?hl=energyspike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.