(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 378.
#1851 5 years ago

I think the upper PF being qualified has to be a bug because it didn’t start doing this on mine until recent code update.

As soon as ball gets up there cannon is ready to be loaded, seems odd and too easy now!

#1852 5 years ago

I haven't put the new code in yet. are the changes listed somewhere? (sorry if I missed it) . also when you pick a character it tells you what there advantage is, where is the list of disadvantages?

#1853 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I haven't put the new code in yet. are the changes listed somewhere? (sorry if I missed it) . also when you pick a character it tells you what there advantage is, where is the list of disadvantages?

Start a game and hold the ball, character screen comes up first (this where you see the disadvantages) as you can scroll through current game stats etc.

#1854 5 years ago

Hey folks,

The gate leading from the black pearl to the cannon does not seem to stay up when it should (after the fuse is lit). Has anybody else encountered this?

There are no alerts and the coil moves the gate a little bit in a test. However, the dang thing wont stay up. Thanks!

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Hey folks,
The gate leading from the black pearl to the cannon does not seem to stay up when it should (after the fuse is lit). Has anybody else encountered this?
There are no alerts and the coil moves the gate a little bit in a switch test. However, the dang thing wont stay up. Thanks!

There are several posts on this and how to adjust it in this thread.

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There are several posts on this and how to adjust it in this thread.

I tried searching for "black pearl gate" and nothing came up. Maybe "gate" is not the technical term.

#1857 5 years ago

I had to bend a piece of metal down -- photos available in the thread. I recommend carving out some time and skimming through all the posts in this thread.
There are some nuggets for sure!

Quoted from roddog:

I tried searching for "black pearl gate" and nothing came up. Maybe "gate" is not the technical term.

#1858 5 years ago

I believe it is post 1305 for the gate.

#1860 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

So I hate to point this out to people, but why is the topper not centered on the LE? Can’t unsee it now.

It is centered. It's just the perspective from his photo that makes it look off-center.

#1861 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Whelp, at least I figured out why I suck at loading the cannon!

It appears to work every 10th attempt or so.
I've tried incrementally adjusting the power on that coil up until max, and it's the same behavior.
Any ideas on what can be done to get the cannon door to stay open?

Related to #1305’s recommended fix, I too have experienced this strange behavior in the door to the cannon load. Before I go bending metal with pliers, I’m wondering if this is a software/bug issue or can this only be physically resolved?

#1862 5 years ago

My problem was that the door tried to open but didn't stay. You can test this by hitting switches on the upper playfield when you have the cannon ready to load. If the door opens and holds, you don't need to bend anything. If it tries to open but just goes back down, then it needs to be adjusted. (you can see the video I posted here for what I was experiencing): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/26#post-4711641

Quoted from evh347:

Related to #1305’s recommended fix, I too have experienced this strange behavior in the door to the cannon load. Before I go bending metal with pliers, I’m wondering if this is a software/bug issue or can this only be physically resolved?

#1863 5 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

It is centered. It's just the perspective from his photo that makes it look off-center.

It’s actually off by an inch or two on mine. Assuming the lock on the backbox is in the middle. Not that big of a deal, just weird it isn’t centered.

57A3B7F4-F258-4868-B9BE-2A03CC478B49 (resized).jpeg57A3B7F4-F258-4868-B9BE-2A03CC478B49 (resized).jpeg
#1864 5 years ago

It’s actually off by an inch or two on mine. Assuming the lock on the backbox is in the middle. Not that big of a deal, just weird it isn’t centered.
[quoted image]

Seems like a good reason to get to the CE

#1865 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Seems like a good reason to get to the CE

As good of a reason as any!

#1866 5 years ago

i have a broke switch under the ship . hard to get to in order to fix . any ideas ?

#1867 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I have experienced the same thing during game play at times but when testing it, the flap seems fine. To me this would seem software related.
Sometimes I have no issue during gameplay.
Really odd and I agree, don’t want to go bending things if that isnt the real issue. Could be just a bandaid fix.

#1868 5 years ago

Just to clarify, my fix for the gate was for when it doesn't open up enough for the ball to pass through. Never experienced the gate closing when it should be open.

#1869 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have experienced the same thing during game play at times but when testing it, the flap seems fine. To me this would seem software related.
Sometimes I have no issue during gameplay.
Really odd and I agree, don’t want to go bending things if that isnt the real issue. Could be just a bandaid fix.

Exactly! The cannon door opens fine when I qualify it, but it seems to then close when I hit a random switch. I've had the glass off in testing, it's really weird. It makes me think that maybe the devs wrote the code to shut the door on you if you didn't get it in the cannon and make you re-qualify it all over again. Once its open, it stays open, but then you have to hit one of the load cannon targets again to re-open the door.

#1870 5 years ago

Unhook the flat metal bar hooking the motor to ship. Remove the long allen head screw between ship and back wall of playfield. Turn spotlight. Pull ship playfield back and up and lean on side. Solder wires. Put stuff back.

LTG : )

#1871 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unhook the flat metal bar hooking the motor to ship. Remove the long allen head screw between ship and back wall of playfield. Turn spotlight. Pull ship playfield back and up and lean on side. Solder wires. Put stuff back.

Lloyd is working on a cinematic how to video illustrating the removal and maintenance of the upper playfield ship. My guess is he is finalizing the animations and his wardrobe to make sure it looks Perfect!

#1872 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lloyd is working on a cinematic how to video illustrating the removal and maintenance of the upper playfield ship. My guess is he is finalizing the animations and his wardrobe to make sure it looks Perfect!

No. Butch was going to make videos and I don't want to step on any toes.

#1873 5 years ago

My POTC LE has found its home!

E21F3FB7-D06F-4D21-8732-B4374A910F5B (resized).jpegE21F3FB7-D06F-4D21-8732-B4374A910F5B (resized).jpeg
#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My POTC LE has found its home! [quoted image]

Awesome congrats looks like he is loving it! Going to be a fun holiday!

#1875 5 years ago

Hey the kick out for the "mystery/tortuga" is very erratic. I'm thinking I'd like to turn down the strength of the kickout a bit to see if that prevents the bad habit it has of kicking SDTM sometimes, but can't find the setting for it in the menu under coil settings? Anyone else made any adjustment to that kickout to prevent the instant SDTM?

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Awesome congrats looks like he is loving it! Going to be a fun holiday!

Thanks! I think next on my wishlight might be a WOZ.

#1877 5 years ago

This thread is in desperate need of some key post to help navigate through the common POTC issues and solutions.

#1878 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Hey the kick out for the "mystery/tortuga" is very erratic. I'm thinking I'd like to turn down the strength of the kickout a bit to see if that prevents the bad habit it has of kicking SDTM sometimes, but can't find the setting for it in the menu under coil settings? Anyone else made any adjustment to that kickout to prevent the instant SDTM?

I had to increase my power to the coil. It hits the left flipper every time now. Should be found under system settings/coils/tortuga vuk

#1879 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yeah simply VUK adjustment. Lawnboy had that game set real steep so it worked well for his setup. At 7 degrees on my game I had to dial that kickout down or it was drain city every time. Fairly simple and all games need an install fine tuning. Good luck.

#1880 5 years ago

Mine was hitting the ship return wire form! Bent the deflector down a bit.

Quoted from f3honda4me:Hey the kick out for the "mystery/tortuga" is very erratic. I'm thinking I'd like to turn down the strength of the kickout a bit to see if that prevents the bad habit it has of kicking SDTM sometimes, but can't find the setting for it in the menu under coil settings? Anyone else made any adjustment to that kickout to prevent the instant SDTM?

#1881 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I had to increase my power to the coil. It hits the left flipper every time now. Should be found under system settings/coils/tortuga vuk

I am blind or something. I see nothing with tortuga in the name under coil settings.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1882 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I am blind or something. I see nothing with tortuga in the name under coil settings.
[quoted image]

Probably bumpers VUK

#1883 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you don't already have one, I recommend that you consider putting a Hobbit on your list too. I have both the WOZ and the HOBBIT and they are superb machines.

#1884 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I am blind or something.

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Let me know when you're ready for your next game. New or slightly used, we can help.

#1886 5 years ago

Random main flipper issue. Every now and then I get the right flipper going up, but then not holding and bouncing up again. 3 Connections on the coil seem soldered fine. Anything else to check?

#1887 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Game is in the house and updating code now.
First thing I noticed is that the screen by default is very washed out. After adjusting the contrast of the screen from 50 to 85 or so, it's much better. Much more pop - just requires to you unhook the tv lock and bring it out.
EDIT - still waiting for code to update. In the meantime I noticed there are tip screens in b/w balls. Anyway to turn those off?

Wow...yes, +contrast. Looks much better. Didn’t know it needed to look better but now it does.

#1888 5 years ago

Anything else to check?

Return flipper spring good ? EOS closing when it should and leaf blade points clean ?

#1889 5 years ago

Also noticed another oddity. When idle it cycles through all the normal screen. But then at some point it turns all lights off, brings up a command screen and shows version and other info and says file loading. Then a few seconds later back to normal.

3419B7A1-23E4-48D7-BA66-3337ED372A6A (resized).jpeg3419B7A1-23E4-48D7-BA66-3337ED372A6A (resized).jpeg
#1890 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Probably bumpers VUK

Thank you both!!

Quoted from KingPinGames:

Let me know when you're ready for your next game. New or slightly used, we can help.

You can count on it!

#1891 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

says file loading.

Do you have .97 in your game ? If so, please go to jerseyjackpinball.com and download the .98 and delta install it in your game.

#1892 5 years ago

slightly used, we can help.

Got any used POTC CE's in yet ?

#1893 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you have .97 in your game ? If so, please go to jerseyjackpinball.com and download the .98 and delta install it in your game.

Doing it now!

#1894 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Got any used POTC CE's in yet ?

No yet, but if you need one I'm sure we can figure something out. You still have your bbb?

#1895 5 years ago

version .98 installed. That was the easiest thing ever. Man you JJP folks are on top of things when it comes being user friendly!

#1896 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Return flipper spring good ? EOS closing when it should and leaf blade points clean ?

Spring is good. Looks like the switch makes good contact. Tried to clean the contacts just in case. Problem is it is currently sporadic and hard to reproduce the issue. Will see.

#1897 5 years ago

No yet, but if you need one I'm sure we can figure something out. You still have your bbb?

Still have it, not mine. Was thinking trading my LE up for it.

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Still have it, not mine. Was thinking trading my LE up for it.

Give me a call tomorrow and we can talk

608-393-2299

#1899 5 years ago

so where exactly is the hurry up shot? I see lights flashing towards the top center but is it chest or star?

The pf if you look at it closely really does a good job of laying everything out for the player. The amount of shots on this game is staggering. Music is absolutely fantastic (David is such an amazing talent - he nailed Alien too). The lack of voice acting isn't noticeable UNTIL the modes - I feel like they are a little underwhelming right now. If it wasn't for the amazing bell/chime effects, the unique music along with the too short video clip, it would be disappointing but these elements make them enjoyable.

An absolute beast of a game - really a special widebody with so many enjoyable toys. I'm even digging the gold button which I thought would be annoying but it's fun trying to get the gold but not lose the next shot. Animations on the screen are 11/10.

#1900 5 years ago

It's the shot that collects the inlanes I believe. Left of chest shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/38?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.