(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 376 of 378.
#18751 71 days ago
Quoted from Thot:

why not simply adjust power in the settings?

My thoughts also

#18752 71 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Can you please tell me where to purchase the ?erulEase - I was going to buy a pair of new boards but they are out of stock.

I know Altan is building the kits now. Just PM him altan

#18753 71 days ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

My thoughts also

For all the same reasons many JJP owners are spending $400 to swap out the IO boards. The increased power from the capacitors. If you haven't read up on it yet, here you go

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-i-o-board

#18754 71 days ago
Quoted from Heater:

For all the same reasons many JJP owners are spending $400 to swap out the IO boards. The increased power from the capacitors. If you haven't read up on it yet, here you go
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-fully-populated-enhanced-i-o-board

Started reading the thread, got sidetracked (plus it's super long). Got sidetracked into a Jack interview where he was bragging how new games are better because of board & code, but his answer seemed to be turn up the flippers in the settings & it's the same thing.

Maybe because I'm not great at playing, or don't play for many hours at a time, but turning up the settings on the flipper power seems to work for me.

#18755 71 days ago

My wife even said, “why do JJP flippers feel so crappy?”

#18756 71 days ago
Quoted from Thot:

why not simply adjust power in the settings?

I’ve wondered that too. But apparently this mod causes more “snappiness” not just more power. And it affects all coils and magnets.

#18757 70 days ago

Quick question am I right in thinking that fitting mirror / art blades into this game is at best a very tight fit, and if I was going to put mirror blades in then bally williams are the correct size?

#18758 70 days ago
Quoted from Kelsbells:

Quick question am I right in thinking that fitting mirror / art blades into this game is at best a very tight fit, and if I was going to put mirror blades in then bally williams are the correct size?

I got some artblades installed, but fit is tight. I've never used mirror blades but I believe they are a tad bit thicker so those might be difficult. Either way, make sure you have a sideart protectors for when you raise the playfield otherwise you'll gouge the crap out of whatever blades you install.

PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpgPXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpgPXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpgPXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
#18759 70 days ago
Quoted from Kelsbells:

I have mirror blades. Yes, Bally/Williams style. I use these protectors (link below) with all my games to protect blades when lifting playfield.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

1 week later
#18760 61 days ago

I'm having an issue with the black pearl VUK. The wire that prevents the ball from going back down seems to not have enough clearance when the ship rocks down and the ball ends up getting kicked back underneath instead of up on deck. Anyone else have this issue?

#18761 61 days ago
Quoted from Dano:

I'm having an issue with the black pearl VUK. The wire that prevents the ball from going back down seems to not have enough clearance when the ship rocks down and the ball ends up getting kicked back underneath instead of up on deck. Anyone else have this issue?

I seem to recall a similar Black Pearl VUK issue in the past, but I don't remember the details or solution. You may want to check this thread out if you haven't already:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues

#18762 56 days ago

I've been in the club for a month now having traded my MMr-LE to regain entry back into the POTC-LE club. What the F*%! was I thinking having gotten rid of this game!? POTC is such a gem of a game. The mechs, the sounds, the gameplay, the depth....simply amazing and unmatched by any JJP pin that has followed. Yeah, it would be nice if they finished the code, but realistically I haven't gotten anywhere close to even seeing it if it was there.

Curious, who out there is the proud owner of LE #39? Curious, as to where my original machine is and if the current owner would be interested in parting ways with some of the mods I had on it. If you have LE #39 please PM me.

#18763 56 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I've been in the club for a month now having traded my MMr-LE to regain entry back into the POTC-LE club. What the F*%! was I thinking having gotten rid of this game!? POTC is such a gem of a game. The mechs, the sounds, the gameplay, the depth....simply amazing and unmatched by any JJP pin that has followed. Yeah, it would be nice if they finished the code, but realistically I haven't gotten anywhere close to even seeing it if it was there.
Curious, who out there is the proud owner of LE #39? Curious, as to where my original machine is and if the current owner would be interested in parting ways with some of the mods I had on it. If you have LE #39 please PM me.

Was it a Royal edition you traded for this POTC?

#18764 56 days ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Was it a Royal edition you traded for this POTC?

OG remake LE. The ones that came out before the Royals were released. Plus a few K on my end.

#18765 56 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

... What the F*%! was I thinking having gotten rid of this game!? POTC is such a gem of a game. The mechs, the sounds, the gameplay, the depth....simply amazing and unmatched by any JJP pin that has followed. ...

Welcome back. Arrr!

#18766 56 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

OG remake LE. The ones that came out before the Royals were released. Plus a few K on my end.

Sounds like you came out ahead on trade. Welcome back and never leave haha

#18767 56 days ago
Quoted from Dano:

I did. Turned out one side had come out of its hole. Refitted it properly and worked fine since.

#18768 56 days ago

Thanks all, one of the screw holding the chute down had come loose just enough to tilt it to close the Pearl deck. Screw tightened and all is good.

#18769 54 days ago

This game truly does suck and you guys should let some other suckers suffer by owning one............please let me know what two games you'd like in my collection to trade for yours

#18770 50 days ago
Quoted from Leechman:

This game truly does suck and you guys should let some other suckers suffer by owning one............please let me know what two games you'd like in my collection to trade for yours

It's my wife's favorite game (I never play it), but when it reached such a high sale value, she was wondering if she should sell it. My question to her was "are there any other two LE games you would trade it for?" Nope, so there's no reason to sell.

#18771 50 days ago
Quoted from Leechman:

To be honest if you get into tthe game it can be quite fun an challenging to reach all multiballs at once. I agree about what people say, it sucks that they didnt finish the wizard mode yet but i still like it. Ofcourse there are other games that are more fun! Your collections is pretty nice. If i have to trade it i would take:
-Stranger things
-jurassic park

Im not sure if it would be fair but for me it wouldnt be necassary to have a JP LE or 30th. but that would be okay to me

But i do like the POTC alot and i'm not sure if i would ever sell it. everyone who comes and plays on my machines loves the pirates.

#18772 50 days ago
Quoted from NielsR:

To be honest if you get into tthe game it can be quite fun an challenging to reach all multiballs at once. I agree about what people say, it sucks that they didnt finish the wizard mode yet but i still like it. Ofcourse there are other games that are more fun! Your collections is pretty nice. If i have to trade it i would take:
-Stranger things
-jurassic park
Im not sure if it would be fair but for me it wouldnt be necassary to have a JP LE or 30th. but that would be okay to me
But i do like the POTC alot and i'm not sure if i would ever sell it. everyone who comes and plays on my machines loves the pirates.

When they do add the the wizard mode, they'll need to re-balance. After 5yrs of listening to people whine about it, they'll want more than .1% to see it without cheating.

#18773 50 days ago

How is it possible to adjust the 27" monitor, mine is too low and i can see the metal through the backglass.
i've fixed the LCD bracket in the top with the 4 bolts but it's not enough

#18774 49 days ago
Quoted from pinballM:

How is it possible to adjust the 27" monitor, mine is too low and i can see the metal through the backglass.
i've fixed the LCD bracket in the top with the 4 bolts but it's not enough

I put a foam block under mine to prop up the right side. it was a bit tilted. works for small amounts of change

#18775 49 days ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

When they do add the the wizard mode, they'll need to re-balance. After 5yrs of listening to people whine about it, they'll want more than .1% to see it without cheating.

When... more like If. And that's a big If.

#18776 49 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

But some hope now that gnr is getting an update.

#18777 49 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The difference between this update and the GnR update is the need to use movie assets. My guess is that ability has long expired. GnR is simply is doing a scoring update. POTC's most important update is the final wizard mode. Hard to believe that can be done w/o assets. Maybe there is a way to get it done, but likely will need Disney's blessing and knowing their current financial challenges, they will want $.

I hope I am wrong because a final update on this title would be awesome.

#18778 49 days ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

The difference between this update and the GnR update is the need to use movie assets. My guess is that ability has long expired. GnR is simply is doing a scoring update. POTC's most important update is the final wizard mode. Hard to believe that can be done w/o assets. Maybe there is a way to get it done, but likely will need Disney's blessing and knowing their current financial challenges, they will want $.
I hope I am wrong because a final update on this title would be awesome.

I agree, unlikely they get approval for movie assets, but I don't think any of the other mini-wizard modes have movie assets, do they?

#18779 47 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I agree, unlikely they get approval for movie assets, but I don't think any of the other mini-wizard modes have movie assets, do they?

They do not.

#18780 47 days ago

... Hard to believe that can be done w/o assets. Maybe there is a way to get it done, but likely will need Disney's blessing and knowing their current financial challenges, they will want $. ...

Why? I don't see JJP needing assets for a final wizard mode given how they've already done without them.

That said, I really have no realistic expectation at this point that JJP will ever finish the code for Pirates. I hope I'm wrong as it's one of my favorite games AND deserves better.

#18781 47 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Good point. Or maybe they can just reuse anything that was already approved too? Hard to imagine a final wizard mode without anything shown from the movies, but I guess it could be done. Either way, the first step is JJP wanting to kick off a project to do this in the first place. That is to be seen. Seeing GnR is getting a facelift gives some hope?

#18782 46 days ago

Seeing GnR is getting a facelift gives some hope?

There's probably 5 to 10 times as many GnR's sold vs Pirates, and I'm pretty sure you can still buy one NIB. So it makes sense that JJP decided to FINALLY update the GnR code. As for Pirates, I hope you're right, but imo seems very unlikely.

#18783 46 days ago

Good point. Or maybe they can just reuse anything that was already approved too? Hard to imagine a final wizard mode without anything shown from the movies, but I guess it could be done. Either way, the first step is JJP wanting to kick off a project to do this in the first place. That is to be seen. Seeing GnR is getting a facelift gives some hope?

Don’t forget that per JJP info at release the original license for the game was only for video that didn’t show any actors’ faces. So it was only something like a little less than 30 minutes total of footage combined from the 5 movies that they could pull from.

#18784 46 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

There's probably 5 to 10 times as many GnR's sold vs Pirates, and I'm pretty sure you can still buy one NIB. So it makes sense that JJP decided to FINALLY update the GnR code. As for Pirates, I hope you're right, but imo seems very unlikely.

Yep and when you consider that their code backlog is now GnR, Godfather (still doesn’t have its final mode working), any tweaks to Toy Story and Elton, plus work on any upcoming new game it would seem like POTC is probably still getting kicked way down the priority list for them. As usual.

#18785 46 days ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Good Point. Actually you can still buy GnR directly from JJP on their website.

#18786 46 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep and when you consider that their code backlog is now GnR, Godfather (still doesn’t have its final mode working), any tweaks to Toy Story and Elton, plus work on any upcoming new game it would seem like POTC is probably still getting kicked way down the priority list for them. As usual.

New beta code released….. that says something

#18787 46 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

There have been beta codes for 3 years. Doesn’t mean an official release is in the cards soon.

#18788 46 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There have been beta codes for 3 years. Doesn’t mean an official release is in the cards soon.

Sweet!

#18789 46 days ago

What does it say it does in the release notes?

#18790 46 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

How new is that beta code?

#18791 46 days ago

???

No new Beta update showing up on my game.

#18792 45 days ago

I have an annoying issue, anyone else have this problem on their game?

As you can see on the sling, the plastic kicker slipped under the rubber. It happens often and only on the right side.

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
#18793 45 days ago

Jason Cummins Rocks!!!

#18794 45 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

???
No new Beta update showing up on my game.

Wrong game. My bad

#18795 45 days ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I have an annoying issue,

Assuming the kicker isn't loose and lower on the playfield. You need a new rubber ring, maybe one size smaller.

LTG : )

#18796 45 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Assuming the kicker isn't loose and lower on the playfield. You need a new rubber ring, maybe one size smaller.
LTG : )

What Lloyd said.

#18797 45 days ago

Isn't always "What Lloyds said?"

#18798 45 days ago

Question for those that have used mylar to protect the artwork around sling shot posts... Has it been holding up? I just swapped from clear washers to the smaller mylar from Pinmonk, as shown in the pic a few posts up.

I love this game and want to prevent any damage, so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

#18799 44 days ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Question for those that have used mylar to protect the artwork around sling shot posts... Has it been holding up? I just swapped from clear washers to the smaller mylar from Pinmonk, as shown in the pic a few posts up.
I love this game and want to prevent any damage, so any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I switched to double star posts and silicone washers. Haven't had any issues other than the occasional air ball from the slings.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=153

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=154

#18800 44 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I switched to double star posts and silicone washers. Haven't had any issues other than the occasional air ball from the slings.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=153
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=154

Much appreciated! Was just going to put in a Titan order.

I'm thinking I'll keep the mylar there for now and monitor, rather then messing with it anymore. Then, if it starts chipping, I'll put those posts in and it should cover up any damage.

Really appreciate having this as a solution if needed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 376 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/376 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.