(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,637 posts
  • 629 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by glpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 283 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20231125_123616 (resized).jpg
3QeZ.gif
IMG_4084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4620 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3858 (resized).jpeg
20230804_114848 (resized).jpg
E825AB05-72C4-41A9-8876-C0691A6AAEA2 (resized).jpeg
DSC00843 (resized).JPG
IMG_4548 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4549 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8149 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8148 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8147 (resized).jpeg
20230701_234012 (resized).jpg
IMG_4716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4717 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 373.
#18501 4 months ago

Plastics don’t move but it’s for the better .

Boat can be altered in speeds, so instuw lighting and the movies in the background can also be uploaded to your likings

All is plug and play on your jjp game

#18502 4 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

that is awesome, do the plastic waves not move too? Im interested is he on pinside to contact?

I just paid haven’t received it yet. I don’t think they move. Yes I found him on pinside name is vulcano - he’s a jjp distributor in Europe.

#18503 4 months ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Plastics don’t move but it’s for the better .
Boat can be altered in speeds, so instuw lighting and the movies in the background can also be uploaded to your likings
All is plug and play on your jjp game

Do you know if it powers off the games 12 volt ?

#18504 4 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I just paid haven’t received it yet. I don’t think they move. Yes I found him on pinside name is vulcano - he’s a jjp distributor in Europe.

Oh yes I know who he is I will contact him
thanks!

#18505 4 months ago

Could someone buy this for me? LOL Looks cool but my wife would punch me in the throat for spending more money on pinball

#18506 4 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Do you know if it powers off the games 12 volt ?

Yes fully plug and play to jjp game as it comes with its own splitters and power supply s

#18507 4 months ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

Could someone buy this for me? LOL Looks cool but my wife would punch me in the throat for spending more money on pinball

Ha! I just got busted buying mine - I have a shared paypal account with my wife - LOL

#18508 4 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Ha! I just got busted buying mine - I have a shared paypal account with my wife - LOL

Lol that’s great! My wife sees PayPal and always asks, “what are you buying now!” She’s a sweetheart, really she doesn’t give me too much grief for my addiction. It could be something worse

#18509 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Goodby Pirates. LTG : )
[quoted image]

A sad (and happy) day indeed!

I'll miss being able to have a guaranteed place to play whenever i'm in MSP. I wish Tilt would get theirs in order and back out on the floor.

#18510 4 months ago

I sold my pirates a few months ago but asked JJP for a new LE play field set.
Just got an email on price. $700 for the set. If interested in an forward you the email and you can purchase it from JJP

In stock.

#18511 4 months ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I sold my pirates a few months ago but asked JJP for a new LE play field set.
Just got an email on price. $700 for the set. If interested in an forward you the email and you can purchase it from JJP
In stock.

Playfield set? Not sure I know what that consists of…. The playfield plus upper playfield?

#18512 4 months ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

Playfield set? Not sure I know what that consists of…. The playfield plus upper playfield?

You would think that but I am curious to know myself??

#18513 4 months ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

Yes. A complete new playfield

Quoted from Tiltbob:

It's just the wooden playfields. All Ive ever done was call and ask for parts and eventually when they get enough requests they make it.

#18514 4 months ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Yes. A complete new playfield

It's just the wooden playfields. All Ive ever done was call and ask for parts and eventually when they get enough requests they make it.

so just the playfield, not "populated" playfield.

#18515 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Goodby Pirates. LTG : )
[quoted image]

I’m curious how many plays you had on it, LTG.

#18516 4 months ago
Quoted from pingod:

I’m curious how many plays you had on it, LTG.

No way of knowing. I never keep track of number of plays, for me it's the cashbox. And I did a factory reset right after I traded it. I did check errors in case something needed fixing. Only error was the tilt plumb bob, because I disconnected it. I reconnected it before it left.

LTG : )

#18517 4 months ago

Anyway if anybody wants a new playfield call JJP. I deferred.

Ask for Doris Meland.

#18518 4 months ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Anyway if anybody wants a new playfield call JJP. I deferred.
Ask for Doris Meland.

Thanks for the heads up JD

#18519 4 months ago

I have some extra (duplicate) mods available for sale. Preferably sell them together as a package, so PM if interested

HMS Dauntless ship rails by Mod couple
Cliffy protectors for the map and depth holes
Bumper Barrel caps (translucent)by Pinball Mod Co
Black Pearl ship top deck cover by Pinball Mod Co
E825AB05-72C4-41A9-8876-C0691A6AAEA2 (resized).jpegE825AB05-72C4-41A9-8876-C0691A6AAEA2 (resized).jpeg

#18520 4 months ago

I highly recommend the metal MAP Hole protector. That area will show signs of wear and the carbon fiber one from Cliffy is not strong enough to handle it as the protector itself will start to wear overtime. CF on the saucer and behind the upper left flipper is fine. Anyone who is not protecting these areas, espically the saucer and map either doesn't play their game, care about wear or already has wear in those areas.

#18521 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I highly recommend the metal MAP Hole protector. That area will show signs of wear and the carbon fiber one from Cliffy is not strong enough to handle it as the protector itself will start to wear overtime. CF on the saucer and behind the upper left flipper is fine. Anyone who is not protecting these areas, espically the saucer and map either doesn't play their game, care about wear or already has wear in those areas.

Ugh I was hoping not to the map hole since it requires removing the ship, better get a day off to do it then! Thanks for the advice.

#18522 4 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ugh I was hoping not to the map hole since it requires removing the ship, better get a day off to do it then! Thanks for the advice.

It most certainly will wear overtime with games played. Like I said, do it once and do it right. Buy the metal one and becareful when installing it not to over tighten it. This will prevent it from lifting in places you don't want it to.

#18523 4 months ago

GAP has LTG’S game for sale in the marketplace. I’m betting it’s a well maintained game.

#18524 4 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

GAP has LTG’S game for sale in the marketplace. I’m betting it’s a well maintained game.

Hmm but thats quite a bit of wear around Tortunga hole without a cliffy.

#18525 4 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Mylar right off the bat when it first had wear. No Cliffy.

LTG : )

#18526 4 months ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I see chipping as well in other places, also no picture of the MAP hole.

Why didn't you sell this yourself LTG or I guess you did?? GAP just trying to make a profit? I'm confused but honestly it is none of my business really...

Good luck to whomever is involved.

#18527 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I see chipping as well in other places, also no picture of the MAP hole.
Why didn't you sell this yourself LTG or I guess you did?? GAP just trying to make a profit? I'm confused but honestly it is none of my business really...
Good luck to whomever is involved.

Traded to GAP for the GF CE. Common when you trade in to a distributor.

#18528 4 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Traded to GAP for the GF CE. Common when you trade in to a distributor.

Yeah... I'm guessing it was a straight up trade and they are figuring to make a little extra off it.

#18529 4 months ago

I never knew this GAP existed.

#18530 4 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I never knew this GAP existed.

Me either but they are charging $900 over MSRP for a FF LE.

Maybe that includes shipping?

#18531 4 months ago

I had to order and replace one of my light insert boards. When I was going through that process, I inquired about spare plastic ramps. They were in stock. Received them today. With decals, brackets, and ramp flaps, it was about $260 plus shipping. I know several people wanted a spare set about a year or so ago. So FYI.

20230804_114848 (resized).jpg20230804_114848 (resized).jpg
#18532 4 months ago

I bought a set myself when I had the game from JJP. They were on hold for the longest time because they had to redrill some of the holes because they were drilled wrong when they made them. Once I got them, I tried to figure out which ones they had to redrill but wasn't 100% sure, maybe you can tell by looking at yours? All I know is they were all wrong, every one of them.

#18533 4 months ago

Just a thanks to the community here. I finally got around to putting art blades on and indeed just punched out a slightly larger hole in the blade to not have to deal with the hinge pivots. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

IMG_3858 (resized).jpegIMG_3858 (resized).jpeg
#18534 4 months ago

Topper arrived today! I had an Elite Topper this one has the same level of build quality and is probably a little nicer done. Definatly a MUCH better value.

First impressions:

The topper was packed well and arrived with no damage to the unit or box.
The topper comes with no documentation (at least mine didn’t).

The topper is not plug and play with the factory topper wiring. It has two power adapters and a Y splitter so you can chain both power bricks together and and run them off the service outlet.
(I used a power strip that connects to the service outlet then has a lead to an open USB on the motherboard and turns the power on and off with the game).

After removing the factory topper and LED channel simply set the new one on and pre drill between 2-4 holes using the holes in the topper as a guide.
Use the supplied screws to mount. Screws are very small I believe the are #4 - 1/4”

The topper has 3 remotes:
Two are exactly the same and as far as I can tell they only turn the led strip for the waves on and off.
The other remote is for the screen - I couldn’t get the power button or any of the others I press to do anything except for the volume. The topper does have audio for the waves and lightening playing. I set the volume just loud enough to mask the sound of the motor.

I emailed the seller to ask if there is a manual or guide for the topper / remote as I know he said you can add video.

Issues:
Upon unboxing my ship wasn’t working correctly I could see the motor spinning but the ship wasn’t moving. A little dissembly and I tightened the screw that mounted the ship to the motor and I was in business. Luckily I thought to plug it in and check before I mounted it. I removed 15 small screws to get at the ship to tighten the screw.
IMG_4620 (resized).jpegIMG_4620 (resized).jpeg

#18535 4 months ago

So the topper does not, in anyway, interact with game?

#18536 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Nope

#18537 4 months ago

wrong thread

#18538 4 months ago

Quick update of my pirate ship topper post above. I was email the install instructions and the topper does turn on and off with the game without the need of an additional relay. You can unplug the main computer style power cable from the mother board power supply and plug it into to the splitter provided and plug the splitter into the power supply and the topper will turn on and off with the game. All power adapters and cables stay in the head for a cleaner install.

#18539 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

did the original POTC CE topper interact with the game ? I never noticed on mine , just cuirous
Got my new black pearl with video topper too! Thanks for the info on how to install

#18540 4 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

did the original POTC CE topper interact with the game ? I never noticed on mine , just cuirous
Got my new black pearl with video topper too! Thanks for the info on how to install

Yes, the Elite one as well.

#18541 4 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I had to order and replace one of my light insert boards. When I was going through that process, I inquired about spare plastic ramps. They were in stock. Received them today. With decals, brackets, and ramp flaps, it was about $260 plus shipping. I know several people wanted a spare set about a year or so ago. So FYI.
[quoted image]

I don't see the mention of where you ordered these, were they from JJP direct?

#18542 3 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Email Ken Holland at JJP.

#18543 3 months ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Yes, mine was through a support ticket for a board replacement. Contact their parts department.

#18544 3 months ago

Think I will try and put this together to go along with the Black Pearl on my CE

1 week later
#18545 3 months ago

I’m reading a lot about “beta code.” Is there a specific plan for an eventual release of finished game code?

#18546 3 months ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

I’m reading a lot about “beta code.” Is there a specific plan for an eventual release of finished game code?

Theoretically JJP plans to finish it. I'm certain they still say it's important and that they're going to do it. As you mention, they've had some POTC beta code for over 2 years now. But the timing of an official code release is completely unknown.

It's been over 4 years since the last code update, and the only comment people from JJP have made was a couple years ago saying there won't be any code released until the final wizard mode is done. And from what I understand there's still no sign of the final wizard mode in the beta.

They seem to prioritize code work on games they're currently manufacturing and on games they're about to release, and 4+ years of waiting suggests that finishing POTC code is clearly a very low priority for them. So there's not really any good way of guessing when it might ever happen.

#18547 3 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Theoretically JJP plans to finish it.

Join the beta group and check out the latest version.

Hopefully the POTC software will never be finished and they continue to add improvements over time. While some are obsessed with an end-mode I'll never ever see or enjoy, I'm quite happy with the progress toward balance improvements and other quality of life enhancements in the latest beta (sound, networking, UI, etc.). Someday I hope they add fast-booting to the OS build!

#18548 3 months ago

I hope they polish the code into a masterpiece like they did with Hobbit. That code is as good as it gets, so we know what JJP’s programmers are capable of. Either way, POTC is bolted down

#18549 3 months ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I hope they polish the code into a masterpiece like they did with Hobbit. That code is as good as it gets, so we know what JJP’s programmers are capable of. Either way, POTC is bolted down

JJP was a different company then. That JJP is dead. Those JJP programmers are probably long gone.

If the current JJP had an actual interest in code completion and polish, it would not take them 4 years to finish POTC. Same with GNR.

1 week later
#18550 3 months ago

Trying to find a single LED light board ( used on the lights under the slings) am over in the UK.
Any help would be appreciated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
22,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
21,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Trabuco Canyon, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
There are 18,637 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/371?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.