(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 378.
#18351 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

The ship bullseyes target is normal, it will alert if jot hit for a certain time. If you activate it and goes away should be all good
For the noise, dpis your machine equiped with pinwoofer?
There is two things you can do, change the ground loop isolator from the headbox, it s a rectangle black little box connected to the audio out of the motherboard.
Second thing, disconnect the headphone connector from the motherboard, this was my issue onmy potc. Downside, you will loose the optionto connect a headphone...

Thanks for your reply and help. My machine is an SE so I don’t believe I have anything connected to my headphone jack. Is there something I can still do with the headphone Jack on an SE to fix this issue? If not, I believe I have located the ground loop, as it is part of the mic wire in picture #1 right? So I’d need to open the box with the screws warning me to not open it (haha) and unplug it and plug in a new cord? Where can I find one of those cords?

LTG: I’m sorry but I’m not seeing anything at the entrance of the ramp … this is probably a moment where I will suddenly realize how clueless I’m being but if you could spell it out for me a little more that would be great.

#18352 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I will suddenly realize how clueless I’m being but if you could spell it out for me a little more that would be great.

I don't know how to spell it out more. Maybe use a flashlight.

See the upper left flipper ? To the left of it is a stainless steel wall on each side for the entrance to the ramp. One each side is a hole. Behind the hole is an opto. One side transmitter on side receiver.

LTG : )

#18353 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

this is probably a moment where I will suddenly realize how clueless

Here is a picture. Opto on right side of ramp entrance is circled in black with two black arrows pointing to it.

Red arrow points to the one on the left side which you can't see in this picture.

I hope you figure this out. I don't work for them anymore and shouldn't be doing this.

DSC00816 (resized).JPGDSC00816 (resized).JPG
#18354 1 year ago

Has anyone experienced one of their speakers going in and out? My right speaker works and then all of a sudden I just hear the left. Then it comes back on its own. Any suggestions on where to start to see if something is loose?

#18355 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Any suggestions on where to start to see if something is loose?

I'd check solder connections on all speakers. Then reseat and clean RCA connectors for audio.

#18356 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Thanks for your reply and help. My machine is an SE so I don’t believe I have anything connected to my headphone jack. Is there something I can still do with the headphone Jack on an SE to fix this issue? If not, I believe I have located the ground loop, as it is part of the mic wire in picture #1 right? So I’d need to open the box with the screws warning me to not open it (haha) and unplug it and plug in a new cord? Where can I find one of those cords?
LTG: I’m sorry but I’m not seeing anything at the entrance of the ramp … this is probably a moment where I will suddenly realize how clueless I’m being but if you could spell it out for me a little more that would be great.

No the ground loop is outside the box with the screws which
Btw tou should open to service the battery at least every 3 years

You can by a new groundloop from amazon or other site pretty cheap

#18357 12 months ago

I'm having an issue with the autoplunge ... it seems to be hitting the wireforms above (specifically the left one). Please see the video below.

https://imgur.com/FTsLZIg

If I manually plunge it's fine ... even if I plunge as hard as I can. I tried to bend the wireform with some pliers but it's a pretty strong metal. I've tried turning down the auto plunge power but no luck. Any suggestions on how I can bend the wireform (or other ideas)?

LTG: I figured out the opto issue. Thank you.

#18358 12 months ago

I have joined Telegram and emailed [email protected] a week ago trying to get involved in the beta for POTC. I’ve gotten no response. Does it take awhile for a response or have I not done what I should do?

Thanks in advance

#18359 12 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I have joined Telegram and emailed [email protected] a week ago trying to get involved in the beta for POTC. I’ve gotten no response. Does it take awhile for a response or have I not done what I should do?
Thanks in advance

Thru the telegram app try to find and message joe Katz or Keith Johnson - that’s how I got added to the group.

#18360 12 months ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I'm having an issue with the autoplunge ... it seems to be hitting the wireforms above (specifically the left one). Please see the video below.
https://imgur.com/FTsLZIg
If I manually plunge it's fine ... even if I plunge as hard as I can. I tried to bend the wireform with some pliers but it's a pretty strong metal. I've tried turning down the auto plunge power but no luck. Any suggestions on how I can bend the wireform (or other ideas)?
LTG: I figured out the opto issue. Thank you.

When the ball is resting against the forks are both forks touching equally? It looks like one is hitting 1st causing it to curve going up the ramp. Usually a big pair of needle nose pliers can bend them back

#18361 12 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Thru the telegram app try to find and message joe Katz or Keith Johnson - that’s how I got added to the group.

Thanks brother!

#18362 11 months ago

I have 4 cup holders ready to go. 1 in CE green and 3 brown. Each comes with an extra bracket $65 shipping included with in the US. It ca. be mounted in 4 positions. Send me a PM if you would like one.

IMG_4117 (resized).jpegIMG_4117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_2411 (resized).jpegIMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2410 (resized).jpegIMG_2413 (resized).jpegIMG_2413 (resized).jpeg

#18363 11 months ago

Ok…. So now I’m in the group. But I still haven’t been informed on where the beta code can be found for me to download

#18364 11 months ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Ok…. So now I’m in the group. But I still haven’t been informed on where the beta code can be found for me to download

It’s pinned at the top of the chat. Look thru these.

A591CD1E-15E1-4FB3-BB56-501DE9EB6347 (resized).jpegA591CD1E-15E1-4FB3-BB56-501DE9EB6347 (resized).jpeg
#18365 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

It’s pinned at the top of the chat. Look thru these. [quoted image]

Thank you again! Sorry for mucking up the thread

#18366 11 months ago

Those cup holders are cool but 65 bucks for a cup holder? Why is everything so ridiculous when it comes to pinball?

#18367 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Those cup holders are cool but 65 bucks for a cup holder? Why is everything so ridiculous when it comes to pinball?

Answer your own question by making mods and selling them cheap.

#18368 11 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Answer your own question by making mods and selling them cheap.

...or just not buy it.

I probably spoke to quickly as it would just be easier for me not to purchase it rather than talk about it.

Spend your money however you like.

#18369 11 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

...or just not buy it.
I probably spoke to quickly as it would just be easier for me not to purchase it rather than talk about it.
Spend your money however you like.

Fair enough.

To answer about the cost as best as I can- it’s about $20 in material to make. It takes about 30 min to tape the cup holder properly - or the paint bleeds. Then it’s $3 in packing material and Between $8-$12 to ship. Occasionally the brackets break - 99% from someone overtightening or accidentally knocking into or walking into them. So I include an extra and occasionally ship out a replacement which has always been free including the shipping. There is also wear and tear on the printer - I’m replacing minor components every 10 cups or so.

1 week later
#18370 11 months ago

Picked up a manual for my POTC and it is INSANE! It literally weights like 6 or 7lbs! Blows any manual from Stern right out of the water...

2023-05-08 15.09.08 (resized).jpg2023-05-08 15.09.08 (resized).jpg
#18371 11 months ago

So I'm curious what everyone thinks. What would you envision the final wizard mode "Break the Curse" be? Using the assets in the game and based on what the other five wizard modes are. How would you do it? I know Keith at JJP is being buried with all the codes that need to be updated along with running the betas. Hopefully we will see a code update soon!

#18372 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd check solder connections on all speakers. Then reseat and clean RCA connectors for audio.

Interesting.
I have this exact problem on my woz but haven't gotten around to troubleshoot it yet other that to note jiggling the audio cables seem to reproduce it/ briefly fix it. Unsure if cable issue or jack issue...

#18373 11 months ago
Quoted from Rick432:

other that to note jiggling the audio cables seem to reproduce it/ briefly fix it.

Unplug them, clean them. Plug them back in.

#18374 11 months ago

Meant to post here after I did the install but wanted to mention I got the spinning disc belt drive kit from pinballmod and the install was pretty easy and straightforward. And has by said by others it makes a world of difference. I cannot hear it now with the glass on and even with it off its much quieter.

#18375 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Meant to post here after I did the install but wanted to mention I got the spinning disc belt drive kit from pinballmod and the install was pretty easy and straightforward. And has by said by others it makes a world of difference. I cannot hear it now with the glass on and even with it off its much quieter.

Hoping to see mine in the mail next week

#18376 11 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I got to get off my ass and order one.

#18377 11 months ago

Finally got to a second wizard mode in POTC, two in one game.

2023-05-15 20.37.04 (resized).jpg2023-05-15 20.37.04 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#18378 11 months ago

Who’s looking to trade their Pirates CE for a NIB GZLE or FFLE plus cash?

1 week later
#18379 10 months ago

My mini LCD is going out. I tested using another screen and it’s not the feed, but the lcd itself. Does anyone know if I can buy this on the open market or do I need to get it from JJP?

Thanks!

#18380 10 months ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

My mini LCD is going out. I tested using another screen and it’s not the feed, but the lcd itself. Does anyone know if I can buy this on the open market or do I need to get it from JJP?
Thanks!

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Parts/LCD-Screen-.html

They are pretty cheap directly from JJP

#18381 10 months ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

They are pretty cheap directly from JJP

That is the screen only, you often need the driver board too. Which they have, no idea the price of that.

#18382 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is the screen only, you often need the driver board too. Which they have, no idea the price of that.

$43 for the driver board.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Parts/Driver-Bd.html

#18383 10 months ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

Thanks!

I had a problem with my mini LCD screen too. It would come on sometimes, flash on/off/flicker. I did some diagnostics to it, pulled it out and found a cold solder joint. Once I reflowed that connection and others on the board it has worked even since. Might check the joints first and doing what I did above. Could save you some $ before purchasing a new replacement.

2 weeks later
#18384 10 months ago

If anyone has an extra 27” monitor to sell please let me know.

#18385 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

If anyone has an extra 27” monitor to sell please let me know.

What problem are you having? Mine developed a vertical line that went edge to edge, the only fix is to replace the monitor and they aren't cheap.

2023-06-15 20.40.19 (resized).jpg2023-06-15 20.40.19 (resized).jpg
#18386 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

What problem are you having? Mine developed a vertical line that went edge to edge, the only fix is to replace the monitor and they aren't cheap.
[quoted image]

Just a little spot of dead pixels.
I ordered a replacement monitor from JJP. I was hoping to find one of the older monitors with the good blacks.

IMG_4328 (resized).jpegIMG_4328 (resized).jpeg
#18387 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Just a little spot of dead pixels.
I ordered a replacement monitor from JJP. I was hoping to find one of the older monitors with the good blacks.
[quoted image]

The monitor you are looking for is more of a Hobbit item than a Pirates.

#18388 10 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The monitor you are looking for is more of a Hobbit item than a Pirates.

Thank you.

#18389 10 months ago

Also, where the new code?!

#18390 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Also, where the new code?!

I'm thinking that ship has sailed but never say never.

#18391 10 months ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18392 10 months ago
7qnom9 (resized).jpg7qnom9 (resized).jpg
#18393 10 months ago

Guess who no longer cares about POTC code?

<------ This Guy

2023-06-23 20.21.55 (resized).jpg2023-06-23 20.21.55 (resized).jpg
#18394 10 months ago

If they are busy with the jjp version of scorbit/insider connected. It may be awhile before any new releases.

#18395 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

If they are busy with the jjp version of scorbit/insider connected. It may be awhile before any new releases.

Yeah. It's a shame they didn't have something in place before they axed Scorebit.

#18396 10 months ago

I don't want "new" code. I just want the Beta code that's been available through convoluted means to be made easily downloadable for all....

#18397 10 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I don't want "new" code. I just want the Beta code that's been available through convoluted means to be made easily downloadable for all....

Yep, it's complete B.S. they way they've said no code updates until the final wizard mode is ready, as though they've been waiting on a back ordered part from an external supplier for 4 years. They're only f**king waiting on THEMSELVES and they're completely okay with that.

Over the past 3 years they should have been able to find enough short moments of time to bulletproof a lot of the stuff in the Beta to the point where those items could be pushed out as a regular code update. But clearly they don't care enough about POTC customers to do that.

Waiting to update code for a final wizard mode which they keep pushing down their priority list is just a kick in the pants to the customers who bought this game from them. F***ers.

#18398 10 months ago

The game with the Beta code is very complete IMO and even though it would be nice to have the final wizard mode in the game, I doubt I would be able to achieve it. Didn't even come close in the several months that I owned it and you know it going to suck anyways I mean because let's be honest here, the modes in POTC in general are not that great, including the wizard modes. Hell when you finish one it does not even stop the ball in play, it's just shows another generic cut scene from the movie and says Wizard Mode complete.

Sooooooooo.... Install the Beta code, enjoy the game and be happy you even own a POTC as most people don't. If you become tired of it or get sick of waiting, sell it. Plenty of other games out there to enjoy!

I love POTC, it's one of my top two favorite games but I decide to part ways with it. A $9,500 NIB game that is now going for $20K+ leaves a lot of room for it to increase or decrease in value IMO.

#18399 10 months ago

Beta 6 just released.
Goodbye Scorbit, goodbye sound issues.

#18400 10 months ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Beta 6 just released.
Goodbye Scorbit, goodbye sound issues.

For real?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 368 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/368 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.