(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 378.
#18301 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Does the beta update still brick or did they fix it? I shut off the auto updates.

That code was pulled, so yes.

#18302 1 year ago

Ahaha update JJP potc with scorbit, 1days After a 2years wait jjp fired scorbit....

#18303 1 year ago

I sworn there was new Beta Code last night and then tonight, gone. shrug

#18304 1 year ago

Scorebit stopped working on my POTC as of last night. I guess that's that.

#18305 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Scorebit stopped working on my POTC as of last night. I guess that's that.

Noticed the same thing...

The only thing that could cure my bleeding heart is a code update with a final wizard mode....

#18306 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

The only thing that could cure my bleeding heart is a code update with a final wizard mode....

Non beta for all of us that are too lazy to sign up for the beta updates LOL

#18307 1 year ago

6378A2DA-5C46-4CED-9913-8E0B1C93520B (resized).jpeg6378A2DA-5C46-4CED-9913-8E0B1C93520B (resized).jpeg
#18308 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Non beta for all of us that are too lazy to sign up for the beta updates LOL

The beta code is 1000000000000% worth updating Scorebit or Not.

#18309 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I could care less about scorebit but the beta code I would like to enjoy

#18310 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Is the most recent still crashing ?

LTG : )

#18311 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is the most recent still crashing ?

Beta 5 is the latest but I swear the two nights ago there was an update. I should have looked at the release notes when it was there but I didn't and now today, it's gone.

Beta 6 was crashing but it was removed a few days after it's release. From what I was told, the file was too big for the hard. When it ran the update, the hard drive would run out of space and the update would not install correctly.

#18312 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Beta 6 was crashing but it was removed a few days after it's release. From what I was told, the file was too big for the hard. When it ran the update, the hard drive would run out of space and the update would not install correctly.

index.jpgindex.jpg
1 week later
#18314 1 year ago

Would someone with a PotC please measure how wide the head is? I’ve had a PotC fit down my stairs, trying to see if another pin will fit.

#18315 1 year ago

BEER

#18316 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Would someone with a PotC please measure how wide the head is?

28 3/4 inches.

#18317 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

28 3/4 inches.

Thank you!

#18318 1 year ago

I honestly don't think there is a better shot in pinball than the extra ball shot on POTC. It just feels so amazing when you hit it!

#18319 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I honestly don't think there is a better shot in pinball than the extra ball shot on POTC. It just feels so amazing when you hit it!

The DI SIM card shot is quite a rush as well.

#18320 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I find the chest ball lock shot to be WAY more satisfying. Probably because I can hit it from either flipper and a lot more consistently than the extra ball shot.

If I hit the latter, it's usually luck.

#18321 1 year ago

Hi all…so my Pirates didn’t turn on this morning. I used the paper clip method to short it and it worked for a bit, but we are back to nothing. Before I look at replacing the power supply (which I suspect is the problem), is there something else you guys think I should check first?

#18322 1 year ago
Quoted from Galooch:

Hi all…so my Pirates didn’t turn on this morning. I used the paper clip method to short it and it worked for a bit, but we are back to nothing. Before I look at replacing the power supply (which I suspect is the problem), is there something else you guys think I should check first?

Call JJP, talk to Brain or Ken. They will pick up the phone and they are both very helpful!

#18323 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I find the chest ball lock shot to be WAY more satisfying. Probably because I can hit it from either flipper and a lot more consistently than the extra ball shot.
If I hit the latter, it's usually luck.

The chest shot is great but it's an easy one. The extra ball shot is hard to hit and satisfying when you do but yeah, some times luck is a factor.

With hitting the chest from either flipper, I can't. From the left I would have to crackup the flippers more and I can't even imagine doing so. I already get some wicked ball bouncing off of the glass during multiball.

1 week later
#18324 1 year ago

So I’m back in the club. Actually bought back my pirates from previous seller! Just missed it and let’s face it - JJP isn’t making games like this anymore. It’s still stunning to look at and such an absolute masterpiece of layout, toys and sound.

As for code, I know the wizard hasn’t been released but i keep on hearing about this beta. Can someone pm me the link to it? This is the one with the new character balancing. Thanks!

#18325 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I’m back in the club. Actually bought back my pirates from previous seller! Just missed it and let’s face it - JJP isn’t making games like this anymore. It’s still stunning to look at and such an absolute masterpiece of layout, toys and sound.
As for code, I know the wizard hasn’t been released but i keep on hearing about this beta. Can someone pm me the link to it? Thanks!

Friends don’t let friends install betas that potentially brick their POTC.

#18326 1 year ago

Current Beta Code is all good for install. FYI

#18327 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

The chest shot is great but it's an easy one. ...

Yet ... you can only do it from one flipper.

Get back to me when you adjust your game and experience the truly piratey rush from making a left flipper backhand chest shot.

Arrr!

#18328 1 year ago

Had a column of switches go out, located and fixed the issue. Not one but two wires needed resoldered under the mini pf.

20230407_100018 (resized).jpg20230407_100018 (resized).jpg
#18329 1 year ago

Not clear if the beta with the updated character attributes is out yet or is the recent beta just for sound eq?

#18330 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Not clear if the beta with the updated character attributes is out yet or is the recent beta just for sound eq?

What are you considering as "updated" character attributes? The beta code has already included additional character benefits (and still does).

Are there more supposedly coming yet that you're aware of?

#18331 1 year ago

What are you considering as "updated" character attributes? The beta code has already included additional character benefits (and still does).

They did mention updating character attribute information to reflect the recent changes when selecting a character. That would be really useful.

#18332 1 year ago

They did mention updating character attribute information to reflect the recent changes when selecting a character. That would be really useful.

Cool - thanks. I haven't been keeping up with the JJP/beta site discussions for a while now. Just been uploading the new versions after others have tested them a bit.

#18333 1 year ago

Just curious, has anyone ever figured out how to get to the 23 character/pirate or if there is one?

I assume it is some sort of flipper code you enter during choosing your character. This is in reference to the 411411 Kandy Kode from Wonka:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/262547-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory/faqs/78127

#18334 1 year ago

I remember a few years back Eric saying that it exists.

#18335 1 year ago

Sorry - to be clear, I’m referring to the tweaks to character attributes that were rumored and included on this thread. Did that update ever get released in a beta I can grab or is that code still only provided to certain users for testing?

#18336 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sorry - to be clear, I’m referring to the tweaks to character attributes that were rumored and included on this thread. Did that update ever get released in a beta I can grab or is that code still only provided to certain users for testing?

325274360_3318792868385604_6890935700141523516_n (resized).jpg325274360_3318792868385604_6890935700141523516_n (resized).jpg
#18337 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

It is in the beta program. There is a thread here somewhere on Pinside on how to sign up for it.

#18338 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image]

Yep that is it - just need to figure out how to get it!

1 week later
#18339 1 year ago

My spinning disc is grinding and sounding really bad all of the sudden. Whatever is going on it does seem to be impeding movement as well. I already have the modcouple kit installed from way back when I first got the game NIB almost 5 years ago.

What should I be looking to fix/work on to correct this?

#18340 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

My spinning disc is grinding and sounding really bad all of the sudden. Whatever is going on it does seem to be impeding movement as well. I already have the modcouple kit installed from way back when I first got the game NIB almost 5 years ago.

The newest belt driven one looks like a one and done
https://pinballmods.co/spinning-disc-belt-drive-silence

#18341 1 year ago

Sweet I didn't know this existed.

Anyone used this yet? Hate spending the $$ but if it fixes my issues for good I am all for it.

#18342 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I know that me and at least one other person on here had the small gear from the modcouple kit crack and start to wobble slightly. It looks like it's just 3D printed plastic, so possible this is what happened on yours too. I plan to get the belt drive system, but have been back to using the original gear in the meantime.

#18343 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

... Anyone used this yet? Hate spending the $$ but if it fixes my issues for good I am all for it.

Numerous POTC owners have posted that they've installed the Pinball Mods belt drive mod and were pleased with both the ease of doing so and the results. I've purchased it as well, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

I currently have the Mod Couple fix on my game and it has not provided a substantial improvement.

#18344 1 year ago

Numerous POTC owners have posted that they've installed the Pinball Mods belt drive mod and were pleased with both the ease of doing so and the results. I've purchased it as well, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.
I currently have the Mod Couple fix on my game and it has not provided a substantial improvement.

I helped test the belt drive for Pinball Mods and I can't tell you how well it works. You literally cannot hear it with the glass on. Took 10 minutes to install. Like I said earlier, this is a must have just like the chest mod!

#18345 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

The pinballmods belt driven mod is the answer. I installed it and it is leaps and bounds better than the old silencer kit. I can still hear it, but it is MUCH quieter and no longer sounds like it is tearing itself up!

#18346 1 year ago

With the Pinball Mods option, can the game be put back to stock if one would ever desire to do so?

#18347 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

With the Pinball Mods option, can the game be put back to stock if one would ever desire to do so?

Very easily, just don't throw the motor gear away. You have to drill a very small hole to attach the new gear to the disk but unless you take it all apart, you will never see it. Once you put this on, you will never want to go back to the the noisy disc again

#18348 1 year ago

Hi guys. Just picked up my 2nd PotC today from a friend. I hope it never leaves this time. Unfortunately I am having so issues.

This is the error message I am getting. Note that this is not the Maelstorm switch past the diverter, it’s saying there’s another switch at the entrance?? Is this switch in the subway? Please see the picture for the error message #2.

I also had an error message about the ship target bullseye (not just the moving ship) but I just reached into the ship and activated the switch and the message has gone away.

Finally, and most concerning, is that there is a lot of static coming from the speakers all the time … whenever the game is on, even in attract mode. I located the mic cable that’s on the right side of the head of the machine and connected to the green Jack on the “computer” and disconnected it the sound decreased significantly but still there … and of course this isn’t a solution because I get no audio at all this way. Funny enough, if I put the mic Jack in my hand I can hear a radio station through the speakers. Haha Anyways does this mean I need to replace this mic cable? It looks kind of weird/twisted but I think maybe that’s how it’s made? Please see the picture #1.

Anyway help would be great. This is the my all time favourite game!

0A13CA91-93AD-4DC0-9A03-99E1FC52219C (resized).jpeg0A13CA91-93AD-4DC0-9A03-99E1FC52219C (resized).jpeg989F403F-373F-4E9E-B846-16C1FF570083 (resized).jpeg989F403F-373F-4E9E-B846-16C1FF570083 (resized).jpeg
#18349 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Anyway help would be great.

#87 is an opto near the ramp entrance. About even with the rear of the upper left flipper.

One side or the other probably came loose.

#18350 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Hi guys. Just picked up my 2nd PotC today from a friend. I hope it never leaves this time. Unfortunately I am having so issues.
This is the error message I am getting. Note that this is not the Maelstorm switch past the diverter, it’s saying there’s another switch at the entrance?? Is this switch in the subway? Please see the picture for the error message #2.
I also had an error message about the ship target bullseye (not just the moving ship) but I just reached into the ship and activated the switch and the message has gone away.
Finally, and most concerning, is that there is a lot of static coming from the speakers all the time … whenever the game is on, even in attract mode. I located the mic cable that’s on the right side of the head of the machine and connected to the green Jack on the “computer” and disconnected it the sound decreased significantly but still there … and of course this isn’t a solution because I get no audio at all this way. Funny enough, if I put the mic Jack in my hand I can hear a radio station through the speakers. Haha Anyways does this mean I need to replace this mic cable? It looks kind of weird/twisted but I think maybe that’s how it’s made? Please see the picture #1.
Anyway help would be great. This is the my all time favourite game!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The ship bullseyes target is normal, it will alert if jot hit for a certain time. If you activate it and goes away should be all good
For the noise, dpis your machine equiped with pinwoofer?
There is two things you can do, change the ground loop isolator from the headbox, it s a rectangle black little box connected to the audio out of the motherboard.
Second thing, disconnect the headphone connector from the motherboard, this was my issue onmy potc. Downside, you will loose the optionto connect a headphone...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 367 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/367 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.