(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 365 of 378.
#18201 1 year ago

Rrrrrrr... New Art Blades Installed

IMG_9364_20230211_170454 (resized).jpgIMG_9364_20230211_170454 (resized).jpgIMG_9367_20230211_170653 (resized).jpgIMG_9367_20230211_170653 (resized).jpgIMG_9368_20230211_170653 (resized).jpgIMG_9368_20230211_170653 (resized).jpg
#18202 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:Rrrrrrr... New Art Blades Installed

Who makes these?

#18203 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Who makes these?

PinGraffix and they even took the time to put the cuts in for the head bolts, as far as I know I think they are the only company who does that for the JJP games.

#18204 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Rrrrrrr... New Art Blades Installed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Arrrr!

#18205 1 year ago

She almost sat sail onto the floor. LOL!

2023-02-11 16.19.21 (resized).jpg2023-02-11 16.19.21 (resized).jpg
#18206 1 year ago

If I only had some Radcals for $500

#18207 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

She almost sat sail onto the floor. LOL!
[quoted image]

Did you have to disconnect any wires to do it this way or were there long enough?

#18208 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Did you have to disconnect any wires to do it this way or were there long enough?

None and it could have even went out a bit further. I honestly don't think I could have installed them any other way without removing the pf, this seemed to work out well but it did make me a bit nervous. hahaha

BTW.... If you are thinking about installing side blades, I HIGHLY recommend a second set of hands more than anything!

#18209 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Do you own a Hobbit? A set just sold for $1600. I wasn't sure of the market value with them but now I know.

#18210 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

None and it could have even went out a bit further. I honestly don't think I could have installed them any other way without removing the pf, this seemed to work out well but it did make me a bit nervous. hahaha
BTW.... If you are thinking about installing side blades, I HIGHLY recommend a second set of hands more than anything!

Nice. I've done a bunch with the playfield up using the wet method but lately I've struggled with a few this way. I need to do them on my WOZ...and may see if I can do it the same way.

#18211 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Nice. I've done a bunch with the playfield up using the wet method but lately I've struggled with a few this way. I need to do them on my WOZ...and may see if I can do it the same way.

Yeah I would not even consider doing them dry, espically the ones I just installed. Don't feel bad though, they are a pain in the ass no matter what. The first time I installed a set on my Iron Maiden I destroyed one side and of course had to buy another set. It was a learning experience for sure and honestly, the Stern ones are the easiest to install. The material is just far superior to any other that I have had to deal with but with a little bit of time and extra set of hands, you'll be fine. Getting that extra room was pretty key installing these. I pulled the pf out to wear it rested on those two little rubber pieces and then I tilted it forward, propping it up in the rear with board. I'm sure you will see what to do but if you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out. Always willing to help if I can.

#18212 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Do you own a Hobbit? A set just sold for $1600. I wasn't sure of the market value with them but now I know.

That’s not a price for me LOL

#18213 1 year ago

That’s not a price for me LOL

The freedom of choice!

I'm honestly in no hurry to sell the set that I have and have seriously considered just installing them, everyone says you can just install them right over top of the olds ones.

I have seen Rad Cals installed on games before and they are AMAZING!

#18214 1 year ago

I bought one of the last POTC machines made. I had JJP install the radcals. It looks great.

#18215 1 year ago
February 2023 Sale (resized).jpgFebruary 2023 Sale (resized).jpg
#18216 1 year ago

They had them forever in their online store for $300. I have a NOS set of the regular art for Pirates, but I had never seen Radcals before, so I didn't buy a set. Really kicking myself for that now after seeing them on my TS4CE.

#18217 1 year ago

I have radcals on my Willy Wonka, and honestly, they're nice, but they don't really excite me as far as something to pay extra for. And I'm a self avowed mods guy.

Just like with butter cabinets on Spooky games, if the sides of your games have limited visibility (as is typical) in a lot of game rooms, I don't see Radcals as being worthwhile. I'd much rather spend the $$$ on other upgrades.

#18218 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

They had them forever in their online store for $300. I have a NOS set of the regular art for Pirates, but I had never seen Radcals before, so I didn't buy a set. Really kicking myself for that now after seeing them on my TS4CE.

I should’ve got a set earlier but just didn’t for some reason. I have an extra set of original cab decals also. I also have tS4 with Radcals…..they look good but sure not $1500 good. Thanks to freedom of choice as VisitorQ says

#18219 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have radcals on my Willy Wonka, and honestly, they're nice, but they don't really excite me as far as something to pay extra for. And I'm a self avowed serious mods guy.
Just like with butter cabinets on Spooky games, if the sides of your games have limited visibility (as is typical) in a lot of game rooms, I don't see Radcals as being worthwhile. I'd much rather spend the $$$ on other upgrades.

That's kinda the one game I wish I did have with them.

#18220 1 year ago

I noticed that someone posted that they have the Lior's interactive Dauntless ship mod installed on their game but it looks less detailed than the one I have on mine, where there two different versions? Below is a picture of the one that is not mine however if you scroll up and zoom in, you will see the one installed on my pin.

Pinside_market_151138_16 (resized).jpgPinside_market_151138_16 (resized).jpg

#18221 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

If there were only radcals for the GNR LE. I would get them in a heartbeat. Still i hope to own this game one day. It is still my #1. But my GnR ain't leaving ever. Not even for this game.

#18222 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

If there were only radcals for the GNR LE. I would get them in a heartbeat. Still i hope to own this game one day. It is still my #1. But my GnR ain't leaving ever. Not even for this game.

GnR LE doesn't need Radcals, the cabinet decals are already super glossy and beautiful with all of the album artwork. I bought the last full set of POTC LE Radcals from JJP for $400 or so.Still debating whether I want to remove the factory decals and install these Radcals...there's no going back once you start that project. They are stored in a safe place for now

#18223 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

GnR LE doesn't need Radcals, the cabinet decals are already super glossy and beautiful with all of the album artwork. I bought the last full set of POTC LE Radcals from JJP for $400 or so.Still debating whether I want to remove the factory decals and install these Radcals...there's no going back once you start that project. They are stored in a safe place for now

Get you money back tomorrow when you sell them to me today

#18224 1 year ago

Get you money back tomorrow when you sell them to me today

I might still install them...holding onto them for now. I know they look beautiful when installed properly. I have butter decals on my Alice Cooper and they look insane!

#18225 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I might still install them...holding onto them for now. I know they look beautiful when installed properly. I have butter decals on my Alice Cooper and they look insane!

Butter is slick for sure

#18226 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I noticed that someone posted that they have the Lior's interactive Dauntless ship mod installed on their game but it looks less detailed than the one I have on mine, where there two different versions? Below is a picture of the one that is not mine however if you scroll up and zoom in, you will see the one installed on my pin.
[quoted image]

Nope, only version and that's it. The main attraction to it is how the windows light up and flicker along with of course the lighting strip above how it creates lighting and the fire

#18227 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That's awesome to know another set exists! I have yet to find anyone who has a set but me. I keep thinking about installing them myself, I heard you can just put them over top the old ones.

#18228 1 year ago
Quoted from Heater:

Nope, only version and that's it. The main attraction to it is how the windows light up and flicker along with of course the lighting strip above how it creates lighting and the fire

Well if you compare the two pictures, they have A LOT of differences. Since they were handmade is possible they could have all been made slightly different?

#18229 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That's awesome to know another set exists! I have yet to find anyone who has a set but me. I keep thinking about installing them myself, I heard you can just put them over top the old ones.

Yes, if I ever find the time, I might take on the project. If I do install them, I’ll heat and remove the base decals from the game first. Don’t like the idea of installing the RadCals over other decals. They sure are pretty! I’d love to peel the protective plastic from them to see them in their shiny glory, but won’t

1356BE62-155F-42B7-BA5D-019A59950A75 (resized).jpeg1356BE62-155F-42B7-BA5D-019A59950A75 (resized).jpeg1F0FF0FA-D36A-4B85-9EF6-3BEE43FD9E91 (resized).jpeg1F0FF0FA-D36A-4B85-9EF6-3BEE43FD9E91 (resized).jpegF0F58A67-DDA2-4344-A22B-45832E60216F (resized).jpegF0F58A67-DDA2-4344-A22B-45832E60216F (resized).jpeg
#18230 1 year ago

Yup. They look exactly like the ones I have. I honestly think if I ever install them I am just going to over top the old ones. I have personally spoke with people who have done this but to each, their own.

I still have the protective layer on my set as well. I have seen Rad Cals installed on other games, they are very impressive indeed!

ps. If you ever do sell them be prepared for high shipping costs. The person I spoke to who just sold a set said it was over 100 bucks to ship them from PA to CA.

#18231 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Yup. They look exactly like the ones I have. I honestly think if I ever install them I am just going to over top the old ones. I have personally spoke with people who have done this but to each, their own.
I still have the protective layer on my set as well. I have seen Rad Cals installed on other games, they are very impressive indeed!
ps. If you ever do sell them be prepared for high shipping costs. The person I spoke to who just sold a set said it was over 100 bucks to ship them from PA to CA.

The bigger the box the bigger the price. Shipping costs have become ridiculous. USPS Is the cheapest option.

#18232 1 year ago

The bigger the box the bigger the price. Shipping costs have become ridiculous. USPS Is the cheapest option.

It's insane but the problem with these things is they are just so BIG. It's not that they weight a lot it's the problem that they can't be folded or rolled, they must be shipped flat.

#18233 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

'Butter' is decals? I heard or read or maybe made it up that butter was a direct cabinet printing process. Any info is appreciated.

#18234 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

'Butter' is decals? I heard or read or maybe made it up that butter was a direct cabinet printing process. Any info is appreciated.

Your correct, it is a direct print for the butter cab. NO DECAL

#18235 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I doubt it's printed onto the cabinet, but I could be mistaken. Whatever it is, it looks incredible. Probably the sexiest cabinet artwork on all of my pins.

#18236 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I doubt it's printed onto the cabinet, but I could be mistaken. Whatever it is, it looks incredible. Probably the sexiest cabinet artwork on all of my pins.

It's direct print with clear coat

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/2#post-4788716

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-s-butterwhat-le-s-ce-s-should-aspire-to#post-6348633

#18237 1 year ago

Beta 7 is out, DO NOT UPDATE!!!

#18238 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

More info please?

#18239 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Sarcasm, perhaps

#18240 1 year ago

#7 beta has an error and is bricking the game. You have to reinstall an old iso to fix- but some people are also having issues getting a usb keyboard to work to access bios. Jjp is working on a correct version. New Wonka beta seems to have the same issue.

#18241 1 year ago

Beta 7 does not have errors but it is too big for the hard drive and is causing the system to error when updating. If you try to update to beta 7, it will fail in doing so and you will have to go back to the original beta or an earlier version of the code.

#18242 1 year ago

Any fix on this yet? What is different in the new beta?

#18243 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Beta 7 does not have errors but it is too big for the hard drive and is causing the system to error when updating. If you try to update to beta 7, it will fail in doing so and you will have to go back to the original beta or an earlier version of the code.

Unbelievable, but unfortunately also totally believable.

#18244 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Any fix on this yet? What is different in the new beta?

Final wizard mode?

If we get a larger ssd and clone it from the old one, then apply the update, is that a safe option?

#18245 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Final wizard mode?
If we get a larger ssd and clone it from the old one, then apply the update, is that a safe option?

No final wizard mode. No new game code. Just EQ and system stuff.

#18246 1 year ago

Yikes, thank you for the heads up re: the software update!

That is really unfortunate. I saw the "code update" on my game yesterda and thought "better wait". Guess I was lucky!

#18247 1 year ago

My monitor on POTC LE is displaying patterns of snow. Has anyone else seen/found a fix for this?
To date I have tried power cycling the game and unplugging and replugging the connectors at the computer and monitor, but neither action helped.

#18248 1 year ago
Quoted from fnosm:

My monitor on POTC LE is displaying patterns of snow. Has anyone else seen/found a fix for this?
To date I have tried power cycling the game and unplugging and replugging the connectors at the computer and monitor, but neither action helped.

Yes. Check your cables in the backbox. Mine did this and I noticed the cables to the monitor had shifted down the adjuster arm and was pulling the plug in the backbox. It was tugging it crooked causing a not so great connection. Hence the snow.

Hope this helps

Shiny Balls Arcade

#18249 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yikes, thank you for the heads up re: the software update!
That is really unfortunate. I saw the "code update" on my game yesterda and thought "better wait". Guess I was lucky!

Yeah. It looks like they have since removed it, mine is no longer saying I have an update.

#18250 1 year ago

New Super-Bands Goodness

2023-02-19 17.21.01 (resized).jpg2023-02-19 17.21.01 (resized).jpg2023-02-19 17.27.33 (resized).jpg2023-02-19 17.27.33 (resized).jpg2023-02-19 17.27.42 (resized).jpg2023-02-19 17.27.42 (resized).jpg2023-02-19 17.29.25 (resized).jpg2023-02-19 17.29.25 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 365 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/365?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.