(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 378.
#18051 1 year ago

Just downloaded Beta 5 and nice to have the equalizer in the settings now. The presets had to much bass but the customize your own settings helps dial it in but have some more tweaking to do still.

#18052 1 year ago

Pirates (and a standard no less) for sale on Pawn Stars for 27K!!!

#18053 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It is the more rare one!

#18054 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm sure they asked to see the most expensive game on the floor and add 30% to the price for shock value. Always nice to see some pinball publicity tho.

#18055 1 year ago

I'll sell him my Pirates LE for $27k, lol. I've never been to Free Gold Watch...need to get up there sometime!

#18056 1 year ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Thanks everyone for the belt drive orders! We weren't quite ready to ship which is why I didn't announce yet but we're working on them feverishly to get them ready. We have a small update to the design based on feedback from our testers so once that is complete we'll get them shipped. I would expect within the next several days.

Mine came today in the mail. Can't wait to get it installed over the long weekend!

#18057 1 year ago

harryhoudini I noticed the kit came with 4 gears of varying size. Would you recommend starting with the smallest of the four?

#18058 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

harryhoudini I noticed the kit came with 4 gears of varying size. Would you recommend starting with the smallest of the four?

I ended up using the 2nd to the largest gear with the motor pushed all the way out. It is as quiet as Scott showed in the videos.

#18059 1 year ago

Christmas gift from my son. CO2 laser etched lock down bar.

He made the shooter knob and key chain last year.

E7505656-BF7A-4B91-B552-A8B02862007A (resized).jpegE7505656-BF7A-4B91-B552-A8B02862007A (resized).jpegB2E58B9C-F1D3-4637-B3C8-4994F047A823 (resized).jpegB2E58B9C-F1D3-4637-B3C8-4994F047A823 (resized).jpeg
#18060 1 year ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Christmas gift from my son. CO2 laser etched.
[quoted image]

This looks great!

#18061 1 year ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Christmas gift from my son. CO2 laser etched lock down bar.
He made the shooter knob and key chain last year. [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, those are cool presents! Well done to your son!

#18062 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Wow, those are cool presents! Well done to your son!

Thank you!

#18063 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I wrote on their FB post about the episode. I laughed out loud when the bararcade owner said that.

#18064 1 year ago

New belt drive disc silencer mod is amazing. Literally couldn’t tell it was running! Thanks Pinball mod co!

#18065 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

New belt drive disc silencer mod is amazing. Literally couldn’t tell it was running! Thanks Pinball mod co!

I agree. This is most definitely a "must have" mod

#18066 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yep....I hated hitting a map standup because of that old grating noise ....now I can't hear a thing!

#18067 1 year ago

Happy New Year's Eve everyone - best wishes for a prosperous 2023!

Thanks,

Dan
https://pinwoofer.com/pinwoofer-jjp-super-kit/
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MT, Mon - Fri

New Years 2022 (resized).jpgNew Years 2022 (resized).jpg
#18068 1 year ago

My rear playfield chapter select magnet just started working intermittently. Sometimes it fires sometimes it doesn’t. I did just have to raise the playfield three or four times to work on my machine I’m wondering if I loosened something but I didn’t want to touch anything before asking you guys if anyone has experienced this issue since it’s still working sometimes.

#18069 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I’m wondering if I loosened something

I wondered that too.

Follow the wiring/connectors from the magnet to the I/O board. See if any connectors are loose ? or wires pulling out of one.

LTG : )

#18070 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wondered that too.
Follow the wiring/connectors from the magnet to the I/O board. See if any connectors are loose ? or wires pulling out of one.

Thanks LTG I will check that first thing in the am!

#18071 1 year ago

Is this game goat level? I’ve never had the chance to play it…

#18072 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Short Answer… Yes.

#18073 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yep

#18074 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yes. As soon as I played it I knew I had to have one. Took me about 2 years to find a SE I could afford and had to sell my HUO Tron to swing it. A top 3 of all time for me.

#18075 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

It's in my top 3, as well. Definitely my favorite LCD era game. It's not only a mechanical marvel, it's also very fun and addicting. I'll probably go to the grave with this game still in my lineup.

#18076 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

My favorite JJP game (of the five I've owned) and in the top 3 in my current collection as well!

Arrr!

#18077 1 year ago

There’s nothing like that rocking pirate ship with the creaking sounds and flickering lanterns. It reminds me of the POTC ride at Disney. First time I played it at PAGG, knew I had to have one! It’s very multiball heavy and arguably unfinished/polished, but I’m confident JJP will eventually come through with final code. The toys in that pin are amazing, especially the spinning map, closing chest mod and firing cannon across the playfield. I’m going to order that new silent belt kit for the spinning map as the noise from the stock gear mechanism is annoying. I always thought it was strange that JJP never centered the factory topper, but those unique things give the game character

#18078 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Mechanically, it's a amazing. It has lots of shoots and is fun to play. I always explain it as being more of a high score game than a mode game. Which leads me to... Sadly the modes are basically all the same, it's biggest down fall IMO. I would not want it to be the only game in my collection but it's great if you have three or more games. The one thing that it does do well is everything is stackable. I mean you can literately have 6 multiball modes running at once, a game mode and something else. When you get it going like that, it's bananas!!!

Godzilla is still the king of pinball for me, it's not as good as that game but it's completely different so it's hard to compare the two.

#18079 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I think there are better pinball machines, but something about this machine is magic. Will never leave the collection.

#18080 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I always thought it was strange that JJP never centered the factory topper, but those unique things give the game character

Oh so its not only my machine? Good to know. I was ready to drill a new hole but thought maybe I shouldn't....

#18081 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Oh so its not only my machine? Good to know. I was ready to drill a new hole but thought maybe I shouldn't....

Mine will not even fit with drop ceilings, problem solved.

#18082 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

My LE had the off-center topper. I drilled a new hole and corrected it.

#18083 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My LE had the off-center topper. I drilled a new hole and corrected it.

I did the same.

#18084 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Godzilla is still the king of pinball for me, it's not as good as that game but it's completely different so it's hard to compare the two.

Totally agree.

#18085 1 year ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

I think there are better pinball machines, but something about this machine is magic. Will never leave the collection.

I know the feeling. I have it with my GnR. And this other game from Eric Meunier is still on my list to add to the collection and never let go. Some games just click with me that way. It will be pricey to get this one but i know i will get it at some moment.

#18086 1 year ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

I know the feeling. I have it with my GnR. And this other game from Eric Meunier is still on my list to add ...

You never know. My appreciation for POTC cemented my pre-ordering GnR. Unfortunately, the same level of gameplay enjoyment wasn't there for me and GnR has since left.

#18087 1 year ago

Maybe it is just me but what in the hell is up with the spotlights in this game? I see the prior owner used hot glue to hold the lights in their sockets but it seems like no matter what I do, especially the one that focuses on the Black Pearl seems to flicker on and off. I am not sure if the bulbs are garbage or the sockets? Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Not sure if there are better fitting bulbs or maybe I need to replace the spotlights all together... I have two that are giving me issues but one is worst than the other... Starting to drive me nuts!

#18088 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Maybe it is just me but what in the hell is up with the spotlights in this game? I see the prior owner used hot glue to hold the lights in their sockets but it seems like no matter what I do, especially the one that focuses on the Black Pearl seems to flicker on and off. I am not sure if the bulbs are garbage or the sockets? Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Not sure if there are better fitting bulbs or maybe I need to replace the spotlights all together... I have two that are giving me issues but one is worst than the other... Starting to drive me nuts!

I don't think they are ever meant to flicker. I swapped mine out with Comets. They are glued in from the factory, but they can still be pried out if you are careful. Even just bending the contacts on them and putting them back in might solve the problem.

#18089 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I don't think they are ever meant to flicker. I swapped mine out with Comets. They are glued in from the factory, but they can still be pried out if you are careful. Even just bending the contacts on them and putting them back in might solve the problem.

No I know, they are not meant to flicker... EVER! I'll swing by Cointaker, he is local to me and grab some from him to try. I have dicked around with mine too much already... However I did not know they were glued in from the factory, good to know. When you stuck the new bulbs in yours, did you glue them back in or no? Did you switch colors with any of them?

#18090 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No I know, they are not meant to flicker... EVER! I'll swing by Cointaker, he is local to me and grab some from him to try. I have dicked around with mine too much already... However I did not know they were glued in from the factory, good to know. When you stuck the new bulbs in yours, did you glue them back in or no? Did you switch colors with any of them?

Just remember that these are not the usual 6.3v LEDs. 6.3v LEDs will melt. These JJP spot lamps use 12v.

I did not bother gluing the new lamps in, but haven't had any trouble with them. I did try experimenting with some different colors, but utlimately I ended up using white Comet lamps with a green filter over the bulbs. I used green silicone lamp covers similar to these ones marco sells, and this gave off a really nice seafoam color.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8063-2

pirates1 (resized).jpgpirates1 (resized).jpg
#18091 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Just remember that these are not the usual 6.3v LEDs. 6.3v LEDs will melt. These JJP spot lamps use 12v.
I did not bother gluing the new lamps in, but haven't had any trouble with them. I did try experimenting with some different colors, but utlimately I ended up using white Comet lamps with a green filter over the bulbs. I used green silicone lamp covers similar to these ones marco sells, and this gave off a really nice seafoam color.
[quoted image]

I found this out the hard way... "Wow....so realistic....there is smoke under the glass...."

#18092 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

[quoted image]

Which ones exactly did you buy? I think the ones that are currently in mine look like this but the prior owner may have already replaced them, I would need to pull one to be certain.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v?_pos=2&_sid=a6c7e1555&_ss=r

#18093 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Which ones exactly did you buy? I think the ones that are currently in mine look like this but the prior owner may have already replaced them, I would need to pull one to be certain.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v?_pos=2&_sid=a6c7e1555&_ss=r

That is the correct ones and/or thats what is on my LE.

#18094 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

That is the correct ones and/or thats what is on my LE.

Yup, that looks like the ones I used. Maybe they are even the exact same lamps that JJP uses, not sure.

#18095 1 year ago

Great. Thanks Guys

#18096 1 year ago

Just a FYI guys... For anyone who may need to adjust or tighten uneven flippers on the Black Pearl mini PF, you do not need to remove the mini PF to do this.

For the right side, simply loosen and remove the lantern plastic (two nuts). It's a bit tricky because it's hard plastic and it is not very flexible but once removed, you can access the nut to adjust the flipper position. I also recommend loosening and pushing back the bracket (second picture) that the spotlight is on to give a little more clearance when removing the lantern plastic. The plastic lifts up and off to the side. You do not need to disconnect any wires, you are just moving it to the side to get access to the nut for the flipper.

I did not need to adjust the flipper on the left side but the process would be the same unless the nut is accessible without removing anything.

I wanted to take time to post this because the sticky post in this thread has you removing or loosening the whole mini PF, this is NOT necessary!

2023-01-09 16.03.16 (resized).jpg2023-01-09 16.03.16 (resized).jpg2023-01-09 16.16.00 (resized).jpg2023-01-09 16.16.00 (resized).jpg
#18097 1 year ago

Hey all, my Black Pearl deck stopped having full range of motion. Is still moves an equal amount left/right but not all the way down on both sides. Anyone had this issue and have a suggestion?

#18098 1 year ago

First I'd check if wire harness is trapping it.

#18099 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

First I'd check if wire harness is trapping it.

Nothing seems to be in the way. Is the motor supposed to spin the bracket 360 degrees to create the full motion? Right now it just moves it a little back and forth in short motions.

#18100 1 year ago
Quoted from Dano:

Nothing seems to be in the way. Is the motor supposed to spin the bracket 360 degrees to create the full motion? Right now it just moves it a little back and forth in short motions.

IIRC I think the motor just rocks the ship back and forth. I don't think it spins 360 to create the motion.

A couple things possibly to check:

1) Have you gone into switch test to see that the black pearl motor optos are reporting correctly?
2) Have you gone into the "Ship Test" in the menu to see if the ship tests correctly?
3) Check again that nothing is blocking it, like maybe the plastic tube behind the playfield that the wiring harness goes through or something under the ship.

Just thought I'd throw a couple ideas out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 362 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/362?hl=cybevenom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.