(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 378.
#17951 1 year ago

Also wires off on the upper playfield to switches.
Wire bundle was too tight from the factory.
I clipped the zip ties for some slack.

#17952 1 year ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Chipping around the Tortuga hole is also common. Look to see that a Cliffy protector has been installed. If not, be sure to get one.

I see that Cliffy is now making a lot in Carbon Fiber, any advantages or disadvantages to either?

POTC-MAP-CF001 (resized).jpgPOTC-MAP-CF001 (resized).jpgjjp-potc-complete-set (resized).jpgjjp-potc-complete-set (resized).jpg
#17953 1 year ago

Is the chest lock shot supposed to be makeable from the left flipper? I don't think I've ever actually made the shot from that side. I've assumed this is by design, but just wanted to check.

Also, does the LE's constellation map subtly depict shots to shoot somehow? I thought I read about this but cannot locate info on it now. I haven't been able to decipher it yet. Thanks!

#17954 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Is the chest lock shot supposed to be makeable from the left flipper? I don't think I've ever actually made the shot from that side. I've assumed this is by design, but just wanted to check.
Also, does the LE's constellation map subtly depict shots to shoot somehow? I thought I read about this but cannot locate info on it now. I haven't been able to decipher it yet. Thanks!

Yes you can made the chest shot from the left flipper. It’s very narrow shot as you have to barely miss the upper right flipper to squeeze in. You also may need to turn up your flipper power. All JJP games have the flippers set too weak from factory.

#17955 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Best way to make the chest shot from the left flipper is to stage flip. Push the flipper button so the lower flipper activates but the upper flipper doesn't, that way the upper flipper doesn't block the shot.

Yes the constellation map shows what shot to hit next toward the constellation bonus. Keyword search this thread for "star map" and you'll see info on it.

#17956 1 year ago

X

Quoted from EaglePin:

Best way to make the chest shot from the left flipper is to stage flip. ...

I just time the shot without staging. Not super easy, but not overly difficult either on my game. Just enough power to land it smoothly into the chest and so satisfying!

As well as worthy of a celebratory beverage draw afterwards while the game is paused for a new ball plunge!

#17957 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

X

I just time the shot without staging. Not super easy, but not overly difficult either on my game. Just enough power to land it smoothly into the chest and so satisfying!
As well as worthy of a celebratory beverage sip afterwards while the game is paused for a new ball plunge!

I actually was asking just from a pure power perspective — mine never gets past halfway up scoop. My settings are default.

#17958 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

I actually was asking just from a pure power perspective — mine never gets past halfway up scoop. My settings are default.

My flipper power settings are 24 for left and 27 for right.

Playfield slope is 6.3 degrees.

#17959 1 year ago

Gotta crank that power. My lowers are on 30 and upper on 26. I don't have to do anything special to make that shot. Now, making the Pirate target from a trap on the left, that takes some finesse.

#17960 1 year ago

Crew member coming aboard. #100

Thanks to EaglePin for help with answering some questions privately and everyone else who chimed in so far.

What an amazing piece of machinery!

2022-11-26 16.44.42 (resized).jpg2022-11-26 16.44.42 (resized).jpg2022-11-26 16.44.58 (resized).jpg2022-11-26 16.44.58 (resized).jpg
#17961 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Crew member coming aboard. #100
Thanks to EaglePin for help with answering some questions privately and everyone else who chimed in so far.
What an amazing piece of machinery!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!!!’

#17962 1 year ago

Relatively new owner of a POTC - searched the forum and didn’t see it called out but probably not searching the right term…

My black pearl seems to have a creaking noise (don’t know how to better explain it). It works just fine, but anyone else have this noise and a remedy? Thx.

#17963 1 year ago

Grease the two pivot points ?

LTG : )

#17964 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Relatively new owner of a POTC - searched the forum and didn’t see it called out but probably not searching the right term…
My black pearl seems to have a creaking noise (don’t know how to better explain it). It works just fine, but anyone else have this noise and a remedy? Thx.

If you can post a video of it, it might help someone here give an idea of what it could be. The normal sound of the ship motor can sound a bit like creaking, so tough to say offhand what it could be without more info.

I wouldn't grease anything unless you're more certain where specifically the sound is coming from. The machine was designed and operates very well without grease, so adding some unnecessarily could just gum stuff up down the road.

#17965 1 year ago

Hello everybody,

I would like to introduce you my recent purchase, a crazy nice topper on pirates theme.
The basis of its is that of the JJPOTC CE. Then many changes have been made. The engine noise is not annoying in game as is the case on the original, real wood from old boats was used for the contour of the LCD screen. The toper can be used on any pinball machine, Bally (Black rose for example), Stern POTC ... or can be used in decoration without operating a pinball machine. I am not the designer of this, I just bought for myself and I can get a few ones. It was presented to Eric Meunier during the DPO in Rotterdam in November 2022 and who said he was impressed by the work achieved. A few units have been made and here is the chance to get one for 1350 usd + shipping. For example. 140 usd to the USA, between 25 and 50 euros for most of european countries.
- plug and play whatever is your country
- light and speed of the boat can be adjusted with controler.
- weight included packaging 12 kilos, or around 10 without.
- usb on which you can load up to 5 hours video.
- in the package is provided a video you can see on the link below:

- this project required a lot of energy and challenges according to the creator and I really believe him when seing the product.

So first come first get, no second run can be done.
Contact me on whatsapp if you want details, videos, pictures. 00352621616922

So this is your unique chance to get a topper at a very good value for money.

Thanks to all for having taken the time to read.

Christophe.

pirates (resized).jpgpirates (resized).jpg
#17966 1 year ago
Quoted from vulcano:

Not in my budget. Does look really amazing !

#17967 1 year ago

I got this repair kit with my game and was wondering if there are instructions as to where everything goes? I know about the sling shots but what about the rest?

2022-11-26 13.11.42 (resized).jpg2022-11-26 13.11.42 (resized).jpg
#17968 1 year ago
Quoted from vulcano:

Hello everybody,
I would like to introduce you my recent purchase, a crazy nice topper on pirates theme.
The basis of its is that of the JJPOTC CE. Then many changes have been made. The engine noise is not annoying in game as is the case on the original, real wood from old boats was used for the contour of the LCD screen. The toper can be used on any pinball machine, Bally (Black rose for example), Stern POTC ... or can be used in decoration without operating a pinball machine. I am not the designer of this, I just bought for myself and I can get a few ones. It was presented to Eric Meunier during the DPO in Rotterdam in November 2022 and who said he was impressed by the work achieved. A few units have been made and here is the chance to get one for 1350 usd + shipping. For example. 140 usd to the USA, between 25 and 50 euros for most of european countries.

- this project required a lot of energy and challenges according to the creator and I really believe him when seing the product.
Christophe.
[quoted image]

That’s truly awesome! Well done!!

#17969 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

what about the rest?

Only 6 star posts in your kit. That would take care of the slingshots. Replace metal posts with black washers and star posts.

Your kit doesn't have more than that in your picture.

#17970 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only 6 star posts in your kit. That would take care of the slingshots. Replace metal posts with black washers and star posts.
Your kit doesn't have more than that in your picture.

My bad, for some reason when I looked at the picture before I thought I only saw 4 posts in there.

#17971 1 year ago
Quoted from vulcano:

Hello everybody,

Christophe.
[quoted image]

Hmmm….looks exactly like the Elite Pinball Topper’s LCD, including the same looping rough seas video…..w/ a different foreground.

https://elitepinballtoppers.com/products-usa/ols/products/elite-pinball-topper-100-units-worldwide

P.S. I own #23

#17972 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

Hmmm….looks exactly like the Elite Pinball Topper’s LCD, including the same looping rough seas video…..w/ a different foreground.
https://elitepinballtoppers.com/products-usa/ols/products/elite-pinball-topper-100-units-worldwide
P.S. I own #23

I think it looks better than Elite's topper and it's half the price. Unfortunately it's still too rich for my blood.

#17973 1 year ago
Quoted from vulcano:

Hello everybody,

Christophe.
[quoted image]

Vulcano ? Really Christophe you are so hot ?

#17974 1 year ago

Ordered and received one. Great product.

3B03A048-A304-42AB-A7DD-9A1330955A3F (resized).jpeg3B03A048-A304-42AB-A7DD-9A1330955A3F (resized).jpeg
#17975 1 year ago

Hey Pirates, just finished the first round of Barrel Spotlight covers, hand painted with real twine. These slide on and snap-fit your existing spotlights. NO GLUE! PM me if you need to hide those unsightly spots!

Price is 38 for one or 68 for 2

IMG_8479 (resized).jpgIMG_8479 (resized).jpgIMG_8480 (resized).jpgIMG_8480 (resized).jpgIMG_8482 (resized).jpgIMG_8482 (resized).jpg

#17976 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey Pirates, just finished the first round of Barrel Spotlight covers, hand painted with real twine. These slide on and snap-fit your existing spotlights. NO GLUE! PM me if you need to hide those unsightly spots!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job!

#17977 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Have any pics of them installed in the game?

Thanks

#17978 1 year ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Have any pics of them installed in the game?
Thanks

And a price?

#17979 1 year ago

Free

#17980 1 year ago

Does anyone have the latest Beta code for POTC that I could download and install via USB?

Also to use pirates with Scorebit, what do I need? Just the Wifi dongle?

This?

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Mini-Wireless-Supports-10-9-10-14/dp/B07PB1X4CN

#17981 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Just the Wifi dongle?

Yes, that. And the one in your link will work.

#17982 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

P.S. I own #23

Hi,

You are an owner of expensive Elite's topper, and you understand now that you paid a lot.
Look at the differences with my topper and other's one.

- engine noise is not annoying in game as is the case on the original
- real wood from old boats was used for the contour of the LCD screen.
- The topper can be used on any pinball machine
- Can be used in decoration without operating a pinball machine.
- light and speed of the boat can be adjusted with extern controler or directly on the dimmer.
- in the package is provided an video on as usb key but download the one you want up to 5 hours.

I think mine is really much better value for money.

Sell your Elite's one and buy two of mine

Christophe.

#17983 1 year ago

Do any of these toppers interact with the game? I've seen the Elite Topper in person and didn't really see it doing so from what I could tell but I could be wrong... Sorta rinse and repeat.

#17984 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Do any of these toppers interact with the game? I've seen the Elite Topper in person and didn't really see it doing so from what I could tell but I could be wrong... Sorta rinse and repeat.

Elite topper interacts with the game when the lock down button is pressed. The tentacles move for about 20 seconds when it is pressed. Collecting gold, changing the pirate lanes award, etc sets off the tentacles movements.

#17985 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Elite topper interacts with the game when the lock down button is pressed. The tentacles move for about 20 seconds when it is pressed. Collecting gold, changing the pirate lanes award, etc sets off the tentacles movements.

Meh.

For the price that it is, it should... Well you know.

#17986 1 year ago
Quoted from vulcano:

Hello everybody,

Christophe.
[quoted image]

This is fantastic, such a good variation on the CE topper! It would be cool if the waves in front of the ship moved as well, as with the CE. Inserting other clips in the background would be fun.

#17987 1 year ago

Does anyone make art blades for pirates that has holes cut in them for the bolts like Stern does??

#17988 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Grease the two pivot points ?

What would you suggest for grease?

#17989 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

What would you suggest for grease?

Any light grease. I use a grease for the chain on garage door openers.

Just a tiny dab.

#17990 1 year ago

For those who have the mod where the chest opens and closes, did you trim this piece to get it to fit correctly? It seems there is no way to install it without trimming it because it interferes with the arm that opens and closes the chest.

2022-12-03 16.39.03 (resized).jpg2022-12-03 16.39.03 (resized).jpg2022-12-03 16.39.16 (resized).jpg2022-12-03 16.39.16 (resized).jpg
#17991 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

For those who have the mod where the chest opens and closes, did you trim this piece to get it to fit correctly? It seems there is no way to install it without trimming it because it interferes with the arm that opens and closes the chest.

I didn't do any trimming on mine. The arm comes very close to tapping the bottom side of that plastic, but doesn't quite hit it. Maybe your chest is leaning forward slightly?

#17992 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I think its different for everyone, since it depends on the adjustments you make when installing the chest lid to the hinge (whether you installed it forward/backward/left/right, etc).

There is a pic somewhere here on the thread where it looks like someone hacksawed/dremeled theirs to make the cutout larger so it wouldn't hit. Would be easy to do.

#17993 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I didn't do any trimming on mine. The arm comes very close to tapping the bottom side of that plastic, but doesn't quite hit it. Maybe your chest is leaning forward slightly?

Not sure. Mine came with the mod already installed and that cover in the coin box. I think the easiest thing to do is just trim mine a bit to fit, I was just wondering if anyone else did the same. My chest opens and closes perfectly so I don't want to mess with the mech..

#17994 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

For those who have the mod where the chest opens and closes, did you trim this piece to get it to fit correctly? ...

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I didn't do any trimming on mine. The arm comes very close to tapping the bottom side of that plastic, but doesn't quite hit it. ...

Same for me.

I had to fine tune the rod length and servo connection location. Well worth the effort as the chest works great and really enhances gameplay - a MUST ADD Pirates mod in my book!

#17995 1 year ago

You did or did not trim?

#17996 1 year ago

I did not have to trim anything

#17997 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

For those who have the mod where the chest opens and closes, did you trim this piece to get it to fit correctly?

No trimming required on mine.

#17998 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

You did or did not trim?

I trimmed the rod length as I recall (it has been a while), but I did not need to trim the clear plastic piece behind the chest.

#17999 1 year ago

I have an opportunity to pick up a CE as part of a several game trade, its not something that im personally interested in keeping
its huo. one owner with 400 plays, if anyone is interested or knows of someone looking please let me know by PM
Id be willing to pallet and ship

#18000 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Can anyone that has the chest mod installed who did not trim the plastic piece post a picture please, I what to compare it mine and how it looks. Like I said, it's an easy fix one way or the other but if there is any tips for getting it into place, I'm all ears...

Thx

On a side note I caught this picture elsewhere, this is NOT my game but leads me to wonder if anyone else has wear like this on their game and if yet this is another place that we should be protecting with mylar?

b84d61588d1a2888f298c8a0ed3d15487d60a9d8 (resized).jpgb84d61588d1a2888f298c8a0ed3d15487d60a9d8 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 360 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/360 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.