(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 378.
#1701 5 years ago

I like the idea of changing the figure that spins but def don't want more Depp. Where are others buying replacements and can they link here?

Getting mine Sunday - super pumped. I ended up spending about $20 at the local pin pub place as I really got into the game, put the music loud and it really opened up the game. Opportunity presented itself and I jumped on it. My biggest concern was the Pirate theme as I don't care POTC but it's really not heavy on POTC - it's more generic which I like. Still wish the powder was Hobit nice but that's fine. It shoots really well, always played fast and now that I know what to do on that ship, I like it. It also has that super satisfying left loop which is rare and I love the secret shots, odd left lane drain and right lane come back.

I just hope the right ramp ship shot doesn't get tedious after a while. More to come.

#1702 5 years ago

Btw all the modes I've seen are shoot X X X shot. Are they all like this with just a varying amount of shots or is there more variety like Hobbit?

#1703 5 years ago

I've had several guys pm me about my suggestion of using a clear base nail polish on the edges of vuk, kickouts, ball trough drop etc. Here are a couple pics of my woz and hobbit. The polish hardener stopped any further damage from happening after I applied it. I applied two thin coats around all edges that the ball contacts. It is completely invisible, and you can't see it at all unless you have really, really look for it. Nobody can see it. It's just a suggestion at least until you can get cliffys. Mine has been on for over a year now with no further wear. You can see where my hobbit started, and this has stopped any further wear. It's also thin enough not to effect any ball travel. If I had a potc right now, I would definitely apply some on my own machine. Just a thought. Hope this helps anybody that was asking.

IMG_20181213_105616356 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_105616356 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_105623038 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_105623038 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_110036151 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_110036151 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_110115879_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_110115879_BURST000_COVER (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_110201010 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_110201010 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_110216920 (resized).jpgIMG_20181213_110216920 (resized).jpg
#1704 5 years ago

I apologize if this was previously covered... But, how are people securing their monitors so they don’t sag on the right side? Am I missing something obvious? I’ve seen a few pictures of your machines doing the same sag.

Thanks

4FBF8A96-6746-4F75-AAA3-351BFBB636F6 (resized).jpeg4FBF8A96-6746-4F75-AAA3-351BFBB636F6 (resized).jpeg

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

how are people securing their monitors so they don’t sag on the right side? Am I missing something obvious?
[quoted image]

Mine is sagging too. I didn't notice it until I had a friend over who pointed it out. Now I can't un-see it. I checked if there was a quick adjustment, but didn't notice anything obvious. Keen to hear what others may have done.

#1706 5 years ago

I haven’t seen this sag personally but there is a locking/latching mechanism on both sides.
Make sure tv bracket is latched on both sides.

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

Mine is sagging too. I didn't notice it until I had a friend over who pointed it out. Now I can't un-see it. I checked if there was a quick adjustment, but didn't notice anything obvious. Keen to hear what others may have done.

9 times out of 10 you don’t have that side actually in the bracket. It is not easy to actually get it latched appropriately. Once you do, it shouldn’t wiggle at all.

#1708 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Thanks for that. Will try that out today.

I am starting to have this same issue. Mostly during multi ball when two of them roll down there, only one comes out. Then I have to nudge the machine till it falls in and registers.
What was your fix? dnaman

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1709 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

9 times out of 10 you don’t have that side actually in the bracket. It is not easy to actually get it latched appropriately. Once you do, it shouldn’t wiggle at all.

I’m just not understanding how the monitor attaches to an upside down u bracket. How does that bracket suppprt the monitor? What am I missing here? I’m feeling exceptionally thick

442BBC88-DB5F-4801-88DD-390A1C43A891 (resized).jpeg442BBC88-DB5F-4801-88DD-390A1C43A891 (resized).jpegAC5FA7A3-286E-412B-849F-8511DC8DC3FF (resized).jpegAC5FA7A3-286E-412B-849F-8511DC8DC3FF (resized).jpeg
#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am starting to have this same issue. Mostly during multi ball when two of them roll down there, only one comes out. Then I have to nudge the machine till it falls in and registers.
What was your fix? dnaman [quoted image]

This has been randomly happening during multi-ball lately. Looks like the plastic is flaring out too far and he used a post to bring it back in line. I do not have post available so i may use a small L-bracket or make a custom one...

#1711 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

What was your fix? dnaman [quoted image]

I put a post there

BDCB5A04-5AA2-47FD-A4E1-503343784E29 (resized).jpegBDCB5A04-5AA2-47FD-A4E1-503343784E29 (resized).jpeg
#1712 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I put a post there[quoted image]

This was it, I followed suit and did the same. Not as pretty as this though. Oops, meant to link heni1977

#1713 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw all the modes I've seen are shoot X X X shot. Are they all like this with just a varying amount of shots or is there more variety like Hobbit?

that seems to be the extent of all the modes. i'm hoping via code updates they can add some more varied objectives. plenty of targets on the game to leverage.

#1714 5 years ago

I spent 20 minutes getting the ship back into place last time I removed it. Hey LTG can you give me your step-by-step for getting the ship back in? SOMETHING was resisting me popping it back into place, but I still don't know what. Is it an angle thing? Should I title the ship?

Thanks!

#1715 5 years ago

Duplicate post

#1716 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

that seems to be the extent of all the modes. i'm hoping via code updates they can add some more varied objectives. plenty of targets on the game to leverage.

Interesting bc there are so many if them. Kind of disappointed but i guess it could be added

#1717 5 years ago

That's sort of correct. On the surface, you're right.

But here's the thing: aren't all games with modes just shooting lit shots? Not sure what you're expecting? And in fact, the way the game works, there's over 120 modes, with 25 randomly selected per game. So every time you play, your shooting different shots for each movie's chapters. There's no other game out there that compares.

Then, you add in the layer where character selection changes values, could make modes easier, makes it so you don't have to shoot that character for certain modes, etc...

Added to that, you can change the value of modes by holding their value, completing more modes. There's just so much there...

What's amazing about this game is that there's so many different strategies to employ, due to character selection.

#1718 5 years ago

All the chapters are actual scenes from their associated movie and the shots required for each chapter represent the characters that were actually in the scene.
Not sure how they could add something chapter related since all these shots are already really embedded to their accociated movie/character.

Two areas perhaps where some fanfare can be added would be the depths shot, doesn’t do very much at in the average game played.
The other would be the bayou hole. Other than a super jackpot and that one character, doesn’t seem to do much.

Just my observations so far

#1719 5 years ago

What's really missing with the chapters is the licensed assets. The chapters could have a lot more personality with scenes from movies (considering they're based on the movies, after all). But what this game lacks in cinematics, it more than makes up for in gameplay and rule depth.

I'm more okay with the lack of theatrics than I'd have expected. The A++ music helps.

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

That's sort of correct. On the surface, you're right.
But here's the thing: aren't all games with modes just shooting lit shots? Not sure what you're expecting? And in fact, the way the game works, there's over 120 modes, with 25 randomly selected per game. So every time you play, your shooting different shots for each movie's chapters. There's no other game out there that compares.
Then, you add in the layer where character selection changes values, could make modes easier, makes it so you don't have to shoot that character for certain modes, etc...
Added to that, you can change the value of modes by holding their value, completing more modes. There's just so much there...
What's amazing about this game is that there's so many different strategies to employ, due to character selection.

Check out the Hobbit and how varied the modes are. For example telling you to not hit certain shots and although it has a ton of drop target specific modes, it does a good job to make it seem that it's not just X shot.

I don't own this yet so can't comment for sure just asking based on videos I've seen.

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

I spent 20 minutes getting the ship back into place last time I removed it. Hey ltg can you give me your step-by-step for getting the ship back in? SOMETHING was resisting me popping it back into place, but I still don't know what. Is it an angle thing? Should I title the ship?
Thanks!

I had two frustrating experiences too. First was trying to mess around with that hex screw using an allen wrench. Once I got a longer T-wrench, that became much easier.

There are two pivot points you need to maneuver the underside of the ship onto. If either the front or the rear are too high or too low, it will get hung up. I don't know if there's much of a technique other than practice and getting a feel for it, but I'd be happy to hear suggestions because I'm going to take it out again to mylar the starfield.

#1722 5 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I apologize if this was previously covered... But, how are people securing their monitors so they don’t sag on the right side? Am I missing something obvious? I’ve seen a few pictures of your machines doing the same sag.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Mine's sagging on the right too, I haven't even opened the backbox since I received the game. Let us know if you find the fix for this.

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Mine's sagging on the right too, I haven't even opened the backbox since I received the game. Let us know if you find the fix for this.

Open the back box and see if the display is latched. Chances are it came loose in transport.

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Hey ltg can you give me your step-by-step for getting the ship back in?

I don't really think about it. Just hold the ship, lower, and push towards the front. If you get the front and rear bearing right, it slides right it.

LTG : )

#1725 5 years ago

How does this, ‘latch’ to this?? Could somebody take a picture of how these 2 ‘latch’, please?

I just don’t think there is any support for the monitor in the upside down toungue and groove ‘latch’ system, please prove me wrong.
262F0D27-1C6B-4813-9FB0-EEB115ADD6DE (resized).jpeg262F0D27-1C6B-4813-9FB0-EEB115ADD6DE (resized).jpegC55AF6C3-C300-450F-8815-BFD394DE202B (resized).jpegC55AF6C3-C300-450F-8815-BFD394DE202B (resized).jpeg

#1726 5 years ago

My monitor was leaning to the right as well. To fix it I ended up loosening the bolts attaching the monitor to the bracket arm. Made a slight tilt correction then locked the bolts back down.

#1727 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Check out the Hobbit and how varied the modes are. For example telling you to not hit certain shots and although it has a ton of drop target specific modes, it does a good job to make it seem that it's not just X shot.

I think for me a good example would be my favorite mode in LOTR vs my least. Favorite - Gandolf vs Saruman- Shoot ramp shots to attack Saruman, shoot tower to get Saruman trapped on top, shoot ring tell the butterfly to go get the eagle, shoot tower to rescue with eagle. Least Favorite - Warg - shoot all lit shots to kill wargs.
Similar with IMDN - Favorite - aces high - shoot lit shots to take down fighters, shoot ramps to lock on bomber, shoot pharaoh to shoot down locked on bomber within timer or re-lock, shoot roving shot to take down fighter ace. Least favorite - Icarus - combo ramp shots to shoot at Icarus before he flames you.

The shot variety that progresses the mode makes for a great game that never gets old. Spamming the same shots over and over gets stale. I am not familiar with the rules of POTC yet, but am highly interested in adding on to my game room. I'm hoping the most of the mode shots are more like the ones I like and not the later.

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I think for me a good example would be my favorite mode in LOTR vs my least. Favorite - Gandolf vs Saruman- Shoot ramp shots to attack Saruman, shoot tower to get Saruman trapped on top, shoot ring tell the butterfly to go get the eagle, shoot tower to rescue with eagle. Least Favorite - Warg - shoot all lit shots to kill wargs.
Similar with IMDN - Favorite - aces high - shoot lit shots to take down fighters, shoot ramps to lock on bomber, shoot pharaoh to shoot down locked on bomber within timer or re-lock, shoot roving shot to take down fighter ace. Least favorite - Icarus - combo ramp shots to shoot at Icarus before he flames you.
The shot variety that progresses the mode makes for a great game that never gets old. Spamming the same shots over and over gets stale. I am not familiar with the rules of POTC yet, but am highly interested in adding on to my game room. I'm hoping the most of the mode shots are more like the ones I like and not the later.

Great explanation but the modes are just like the modes you do not like. Their are so many different modes tho I do not know how they could make them all like the modes you like.

Maybe they will try to mix it up in a code update.

The black pearl is still on its way tho .

#1729 5 years ago

None of the chapter modes offer progression per se. It's all a checklist of shots.

The added dimension is multipliers and enhancements. You build the value of the chapters by hitting the skull (movie) shots. Character selection can make the shots easier (which comes with a multiplier decrease) or spot you shots.

I haven't played any of the 5 movie wizard modes yet. Presumably those are more ... theatrical.

#1730 5 years ago

Can't seem to find the settings for the mystery/tortuga scoop, I know it's covered somewhere in this thread.

#1731 5 years ago

I've never seen the movies and don't own the game, but the character choosing makes me wonder if more theme integration and depth can be added to the chapters by adding pingolf-style challenges during them that are based on story events specific to your chosen character.

Attempting, passing, or failing chapter character challenges would award bonuses or penalties, or maybe just neutral if not attempted or failed, immediately and/or as you play further chapters. There could be multiplayer effects too.

For example, maybe you raise the sails during the chapter and avoid the bad situation for the character in that movie scene, or shoot a certain combo and get some immediate bonus plus an advantage in a future chapter, because you "found the magic item" or "avoided the trap" or whatever actually happened to that character in the movie scene.

To the degree those passes/fails can be used strategically as you progress through the game would add yet another layer of depth. Because there's lots of characters and lots of story, I think it would add immersion to focus on your character's part in each chapter, at least when that pairing suggests interesting challenge possibilities that are integrated with the story in appropriate ways.

Not every chapter a character was in would necessarily include an opportunity for such situations, but when the character and the story allow, and the challenges and consequences are theme-integrated, I think it would add value in a number of ways.

I'm talking about a lot of design and assets here, I realize......

#1732 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Great explanation but the modes are just like the modes you do not like. Their are so many different modes tho I do not know how they could make them all like the modes you like.

I certainly wouldn't expect all of them to be that way, just as the games I mentioned have some I really like, some I don't as much, and the rest are in-between. However, it would be a major plus if it had a good mix of shot depth and basic spamming shot modes. For 10k, I'm hoping this is a game I would keep around for a long time. On the surface and from the play I've put on it so far, its a winner for sure, but I'm not sure on the rules yet. For that amount of cash, it must have it all!

#1733 5 years ago

Its official I sold my POTC LE!!! I'm Out!! And called Christoper at King Pin Games and bought a CE!! Dam you Eric this game is too Awesome I had to have it!!! Technically ordered a few CE's from Kingpin but I bet he can get a few more. Awesome buying experience and a Great guy! I am officially BACK in the club. What a Christmas.

#1734 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Can't seem to find the settings for the mystery/tortuga scoop, I know it's covered somewhere in this thread.

Page B-37 in the manual ( download from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support - Downloads ) - Bumpers VUK Strength specify the firing strength for the tortuga VUK coil.

In Settings - Coils.

LTG : )

#1735 5 years ago

Re: modes:
I wouldn't think of the "chapters" as modes. They are their own thing, or maybe you could think of them as all one mode. The wizard modes are more like the modes in a traditional game, they are very varied and there's 5 of them. Add to that the 5 different multiballs, tortuga, arrrgh frenzy, pirate lanes, liar's dice, plundering, etc. etc. - I wouldn't worry about not having enough varied content in this game.

#1736 5 years ago

best video to watch to get a better understanding of the rules? Looked at Bros and some others but curious what people like....

#1737 5 years ago

We have a few LE’s that just arrived for stock if anyone is interested PM me. Also we have a few CE’s left for preorder.

#1738 5 years ago

Hello! First time poster and just received my LE. My topper led strip is flickering...is this a creepy effect that's supposed to be there or an issue with the light?

#1739 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

best video to watch to get a better understanding of the rules? Looked at Bros and some others but curious what people like....

+1

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from xo4all:

Hello! First time poster and just received my LE. My topper led strip is flickering...is this a creepy effect that's supposed to be there or an issue with the light?

Supposed to be there.

#1741 5 years ago

Have you guys checked the jjp Twitch?

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Have you guys checked the jjp Twitch?

How do you find the videos they did? Everytime I go to their twitch page nothing comes up.

#1743 5 years ago

Looks like they took them down. Try this.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-wyrXBG6hubXIzT4uaYtqw

#1744 5 years ago

man is there a better combo than DI and POTC? Standard size with top right flipper and wide body with top left flipper. Now should I spread the JJP love and keep them sep or put them next to each other?

#1745 5 years ago

Sweet thanks! So far I've found their videos and Buffalo pinball to be so informative. Great resources

#1746 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Sweet thanks! So far I've found their videos and Buffalo pinball to be so informative. Great resources

Check out buffalo pinball recents. They had early access and did a .98 code stream.

#1747 5 years ago
Quoted from Outlanes:

Check out buffalo pinball recents. They had early access and did a .98 code stream.

great call - haven't seen yet.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/347483309

Buffalo pinball kicks ass. Love those guys

#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

How do you find the videos they did? Everytime I go to their twitch page nothing comes up.

I have them loaded too. www.kingpingames.net

Take a look, they are great videos. Really helps to get a better handle on the layers of code written for the game.

#1749 5 years ago

Well, temporary insanity must have hit, because I've now got an LE on order and paid for.

#1750 5 years ago

The features matrix says this game has movie clips. Is that a lie?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/35?hl=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.