(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 378.
#17551 2 years ago

I'm in it, close to divorce with this bullshit

#17552 2 years ago

So the Elite Topper went up for sale today, but no picture or video for $2500

#17553 2 years ago

Yeah fucking nuts!

#17554 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:Yeah fucking nuts!

Anyone flip theirs for 5K yet?

#17555 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Yeah fucking nuts!

And it sounds like nearly 100 morons bought it. It doesn't even affect gameplay.

The worst part IMHO is we've justified this form of sales tactic. Shame on elite toppers and shame on us.
We kinda deserve it if they never ship. But I do hope they ship mine soon.

#17556 2 years ago

I have an ij tpa elite toper and the quality is outstanding. Much better than what stern puts out for their toppers. I checked a cart out for one of these as soon as these were available and I’m sure myself and everyone who ordered one will have no regrets.

#17557 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So the Elite Topper went up for sale today, but no picture or video for $2500

The written word is powerful. I was going to buy it at release, went to the doctor and had a couple of meetings and totally spaced it until it was just sold out. It sounds incredible.

Quoted from Reznnate:

And it sounds like nearly 100 morons bought it. It doesn't even affect gameplay.
The worst part IMHO is we've justified this form of sales tactic. Shame on elite toppers and shame on us.
We kinda deserve it if they never ship. But I do hope they ship mine soon.

It's not the FOMO tactic for me. I wished the LE came with the rocking ship. This will be far better. It's not insane to spend that money on it when you know there's a market for it if/when you ever sell.

#17558 2 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

The written word is powerful. I was going to buy it at release, went to the doctor and had a couple of meetings and totally spaced it until it was just sold out. It sounds incredible.

It's not the FOMO tactic for me. I wished the LE came with the rocking ship. This will be far better. It's not insane to spend that money on it when you know there's a market for it if/when you ever sell.

You guys are making me feel better about this impulse purchase. Please don't tell my wife.

#17559 2 years ago

I personally am stoked to spend 2500 on some true craft, and support a group that really takes care in their work, plus lets be honest the LE topper sucks hahaha

Oh and did i mention i dont have 2500 to spend LOL

#17560 2 years ago

Im so glad I bought it! Now.... what does it look like!

rcOCp5a (resized).pngrcOCp5a (resized).png
#17561 2 years ago

I'm one of the morons that's in on this topper. I don't know if Zach already has one and the teaser video is his true reaction to seeing it, but I hope it is. The IJ Elite topper looks awesome, so hopefully it is that good. It sounds like it's that good from the description. The LE deserves a awesome topper.

#17562 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'm one of the morons that's in on this topper.

you've got lots of company

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17563 2 years ago

Here she is! Congrats to those that got one! It’s one of the best ever.

#17564 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Holy crap, that looks awesome!

#17565 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Elle est là! Félicitations à ceux qui en ont un ! C'est l'un des meilleurs de tous les temps.

Huge!!! This is exactly what this pinball machine lacked

#17566 2 years ago

The screen immediatly makes me wonder.... will they release more loops for the screen!!? Love it

#17567 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

The screen immediatly makes me wonder.... will they release more loops for the screen!!? Love it

I hope I can add my own movie clips, need me some more pirate!

Pirates_2005_film (resized).jpgPirates_2005_film (resized).jpg
#17568 2 years ago

I dont know if it does this... BUT if the GI mode colors change in the topper as well that would be amazing

#17569 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

ZMeny How loud is it? This was my main problem with the CE topper and it looks like this one has several motors.

Would love the option to disable the water sculpts movement.

#17570 2 years ago

This topper is SICK

#17571 2 years ago

I too would love to know the noise level

#17572 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

ZMeny How loud is it? This was my main problem with the CE topper and it looks like this one has several motors.
Would love the option to disable the water sculpts movement.

Oddly, my answer initially would be I don’t know. And that’s because I never thought about it, which is the best feedback on servo sounds I can think of. I was at a friend’s last night (where I installed it for the video) and we were talking about the noise of the JJP CE topper and we laughed about the fact that we hadn’t talked about the Elite topper noise because we never noticed it having any alarming sounds. You can hear the echo of my voice in that big garage so any sound would have been amplified and I still didn’t notice. I’m sure they make sounds all servos do typically but I didn’t notice so I don’t really know.

#17573 2 years ago

I dont know if it does this... BUT if the GI mode colors change in the topper as well that would be amazing

The backlighting effects are the subtle game changer in my opinion. Everything else slaps you in the face with how cool it looks, but the backlighting really was the nice touch on this topper.

#17574 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The backlighting effects are the subtle game changer in my opinion. Everything else slaps you in the face with how cool it looks, but the backlighting really was the nice touch on this topper.

I thought the back lighting was a nice touch. It was like the light effects of a storm at night coming through the windows. Really cool!!

#17575 2 years ago

Thanks ZMeny maybe my questions was confusing… so as you know when you enter a mode on the le and ce the gi changes color for the mode your in… green for example… does that topper change color as well?

#17576 2 years ago

Thanks ZMeny maybe my questions was confusing… so as you know when you enter a mode on the le and ce the gi changes color for the mode your in… green for example… does that topper change color as well?

to my knowledge no. The topper taps into the game in two spots. I believe the waves tap into the boat and change speed based on the speed changes of the Black Pearl playfield. And the tentacles tap into the front of the cabinet and are activated more when gold is being collected. Then when the topper lcd display strikes lightening on screen, the backlighting flashes on the wall like ambient lightening strikes.

#17577 2 years ago

250k made in a day……for a pinball topper. Not even going to comment on the paid promotion video (love to be wrong so lmk) but congrats to the guy doing these b/c it’s an obvious success. Can’t deny that. What’s even more incredible is that people bought this without even seeing the topper.

If you’re stern or anyone with half a brain building the actual machines themselves (hello JJP) - you’re kicking yourself for not putting out more toppers. The market on this is just incredible. Capitalism at it’s finest which I fully support.

#17578 2 years ago

If anyone wants out of their spot, let me know

#17579 2 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

If anyone wants out of their spot, let me know

On the lookout for a potc now, but since you mentioned it, I might consider trading the topper for the right b/w

maybe not though, it’s so damn cool!

#17580 2 years ago

dp

#17581 2 years ago

Personnaly i prefer my CE topper far!
A lot of shadow on it due to the screen back... No interrest for me and tooooooooo expensive!

My CE dont it for sure !

#17582 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Personnellement je préfère de loin mon topper CE !
Beaucoup d'ombre dessus à cause du fond d'écran... Aucun intérêt pour moi et trop cher !
Mon CE n'est pas sûr !

Too expensive ??? The CE topper is the only reason there's a $10,000 or $15,000 gap on the sale. You have the right to like yours without problem, but to say that this one is too dark... Lol

#17583 2 years ago

Personally I love the CE topper, its pretty darn cool. But I this one is in a league of its own IMO. Also I don’t get the too dark part?

#17584 2 years ago

I LOVE JJPPOTC and I have an SE, so no topper at all currently, but I honestly don't get the hype with this topper. It has blue strips of bacon that teeter totter up and down, a static all black ship, static tentacles with two that move generically and a screen that shows waves on a loop...for $2500? Why are people tripping over themselves to pay that kind of money for this? Is it FOMO? Am I missing something?

#17585 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

... Am I missing something?

It's the overall effect. Makes you feel like a buccaneer on the high seas! Arrr!

For full info sake, additional features from Elite Pinball Toppers' flyer:

* Flickering candlelight effect inside pirate ship
* Tentacles interact with game play / action button
* Waves INTERACT with moving Black Pearl ship on Playfield
* 220 individually addressable RGB LED’s (in total)
* Custom LED light shows and attract modes
* Lightning effects on HD monitor interact with RGB LED’s to create a stunning 4D effect
* 72 RBG LED’s on the back of the topper create ocean like effects on your wall / ceiling
* Exclusive CNC cut, hand polished, aluminum, numbered plaque
* Hand gilded genuine 24k gold - Pirate Coin (Use as a mod or collector keep-sake)
* Goodie bag with a detailed set of printed instructions, power cables, and all necessary items to install your topper

#17586 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

A real game changer would be more code, and another run of the game itself!

#17587 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Too expensive ??? The CE topper is the only reason there's a $10,000 or $15,000 gap on the sale. You have the right to like yours without problem, but to say that this one is too dark... Lol

I disagree... If there is ONE pinball machine where thé gap is between LE/CE (premium/LE) it is potc

-exclusive topper
-exclusive backglass
-exclusive radcals drawing
-exclusice powercoat
-exclusive barnacles Armor
-excluisve plastics
-exclusive PLAYFIELD

Wow i dont know any pin who beat that!

#17588 1 year ago

Just installed the Pinwoofer GT system on my POTC LE and wow, what a difference! Loving the clarity and the bass hits hard throughout the game now. I forgot what a masterpiece this pin is as I haven't played it in a long time, but it's really something special. There is a faint crackling I can hear in the tweeters when certain sounds play, has anyone run into that and what's the fix? The game also has the Pinwoofer tweeters. I'll try dialing back the gain and volume settings to see if that helps. Game master volume is currently at 21.

#17589 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:Just installed the Pinwoofer GT system on my POTC LE and wow, what a difference! Loving the clarity and the bass hits hard throughout the game now. I forgot what a masterpiece this pin is as I haven't played it in a long time, but it's really something special. There is a faint crackling I can hear in the tweeters when certain sounds play, has anyone run into that and what's the fix? The game also has the Pinwoofer tweeters. I'll try dialing back the gain and volume settings to see if that helps. Game master volume is currently at 21.

its the headphone jack that runs from the back head to the front coin door. Disconnect it from the back head , same issue with mine.

#17590 1 year ago

I tried disconnecting the lower rightmost connector on the board behind the display and then the game would then report the coin door was open and I couldn't start a game. Turns out a lot of the crackling/hiss was due to the volume knob setting on the PinWoofer amp being turned too high. I dialed it back some and set the game volume between 28 to 30 and now it's a LOT better. There's still a faint crackling from the tweeters when the game over music plays, but it's nowhere near as bad now. If you have a picture of the connector you disconnected on the board for the headphone jack, I would still like to give that a try. Doing this seems to have helped others and I don't use headphones on my pins. Thanks

#17591 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

I disagree... If there is ONE pinball machine where thé gap is between LE/CE (premium/LE) it is potc
-exclusive topper
-exclusive backglass
-exclusive radcals drawing
-exclusice powercoat
-exclusive barnacles Armor
-excluisve plastics
-exclusive PLAYFIELD
Wow i dont know any pin who beat that!

I agree, POTC was their best handling of CE and LE. The POTC CE really stood out with it's unique art package and stuff mentioned above.
And the LE included all the toys and played EXACTLY the same. GNR was close, but they should have shipped the COMA lock with the LE.

So, I'm hoping JJP don't limit the gameplay features on the next game.

#17592 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

its the headphone jack that runs from the back head to the front coin door. Disconnect it from the back head , same issue with mine.

Mine too! That fixed it for me, but no headphones. JJP even sent me a new cable and I ran it down the other side of the machine, same results. I wrapped it in a copper sheathing, same results. Disconnected, good to go. Crazy stuff.

#17593 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Mine too! That fixed it for me, but no headphones. JJP even sent me a new cable and I ran it down the other side of the machine, same results. I wrapped it in a copper sheathing, same results. Disconnected, good to go. Crazy stuff.

Where exactly did you disconnect the headphone jack cable? That's what I'm missing. Glad to hear that should fix the issue for good, the tribal knowledge in Pinside is amazing.

#17594 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Where exactly did you disconnect the headphone jack cable? That's what I'm missing. Glad to hear that should fix the issue for good, the tribal knowledge in Pinside is amazing.

Hey darkryder ! I believe below is what you did but perhaps you can double check since it is notorious on Pirates:

https://pinwoofer.com/blog/jersey-jack-pinball-how-to-fix-popping-audio/

There are other things we can do just give a shout if you need further assistance.

By the way I agree, Pirates - what a masterpiece!

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

#17595 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Disconnecting it just at the coin door didn't fix it for me. I had to disconnect it from the main board inside the aluminum box inside the backbox, bottom RH corner area. "If" I remember correctly, it has the same connector on both ends of the cable.

#17596 1 year ago

Wow, thanks guys. That's precisely the info I was looking for! Will remove that single wire from the connection to the motherboard and report back when done.

I may do this on my Hobbit, WOZ and Wonka as well if it makes a noticeable difference. I'm curious what that wire is for if it's not essential to begin with?

#17597 1 year ago

What's the best way to install a set of inner cabinet art blades?

Is there enough length on the harness to pull the playfield out and put it to the side of the cabinet?

Thanks for any help.

#17598 1 year ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Is there enough length on the harness to pull the playfield out and put it to the side of the cabinet?
Thanks for any help.

Windex, roll of paper towels, and a credit card. Spray the adhesive side with the windex to keep the adhesive movable then slide your blades in (no need to remove the playfield) one side at a time. Get them properly positioned then squeegee out the remaining windex wiping up the excess with paper towels. Once the windex has been pushed out the blades will stick in place just fine.

Jeff

#17599 1 year ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Thanks for any help.

I remove the playfield for this. It's easier for me, still a 2 person job for less effort. While the playfield is out, I take the opportunity to install other mods and cliffys, and clean/wax the playfield.

#17600 1 year ago

Got lucky and my brother was here so went with pulling the playfield and setting it on a table. made it really easy.
Did the Chest mod yesterday and that is awesome. Going to give this a few hours and do Pinstadiums later tonight if not tomorrow for the last of the mods for now.

20220419_190642_HDR (resized).jpg20220419_190642_HDR (resized).jpg20220419_193820 (resized).jpg20220419_193820 (resized).jpg20220419_193828 (resized).jpg20220419_193828 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Wanted
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 352 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/352?hl=sunsfan23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.