(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 378.
#17451 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

I don't know how you manage to watch it without playing!! 170 games for life? I put 200 games in two days when I bought this pinball!! It must be said that at the beginning the games were short... It's hard to have such a beautiful object and to be afraid of damaging it!! You're right, protect it and have fun Otherwise when the scorebit will arrive you will be ridiculed

I bought it 23december, no installed yet, so... 0 Plays from me its CE n°010 !

#17452 2 years ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Je l'ai acheté le 23 décembre, pas encore installé, donc... 0 Joue de moi son CE n°010 !

Ah OK, A real gem!! You bought it from Christophe, I imagine? I called him in mid-December to find out availability for the wonkas and he told me that he was going to sell one of the two in his collection. A great Christmas present, you're lucky.

#17453 2 years ago

A question for beta2 code testers: when the black pearl multiball is activated and I have a ball in the boat, the door closes when another ball activates a contact lower on the board. Which makes the super jackpots even more difficult. For those who are testing the beta2 version, can you ask for a small delay so that the door remains open for at least 5 to 7 seconds even if a ball at the bottom activates a contact? Getting super jackpots on this mode is just hell!! Thanks in advance.

#17454 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Ah OK, A real gem!! You bought it from Christophe, I imagine? I called him in mid-December to find out availability for the wonkas and he told me that he was going to sell one of the two in his collection. A great Christmas present, you're lucky.

Right very expensive... But

1 week later
#17455 2 years ago

Hey folks question for you all. Is there any fact behind a message a fellow pinsider sent me; stating that this game is getting remade and JJP is taking deposits? This is news to me. Cheers

#17456 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey folks question for you all. Is there any fact behind a message a fellow pinsider sent me; stating that this game is getting remade and JJP is taking deposits? This is news to me. Cheers

Nothing has been said to validate that. JJP still showing out of stock on their website with no option for a deposit.

#17457 2 years ago

right that is the same conclusion i came to… I have mine up for sale and this particular person is trying to use this as some sort of fictional based bargaining angle…

#17458 2 years ago

right that is the same conclusion i came to… I have mine up for sale and this particular person is trying to use this as some sort of fictional based bargaining angle…

Don’t sell it to them! That is a crappy person

#17459 2 years ago

You can never say never these days but it doesn’t seem incredibly likely.

#17460 2 years ago

My potc is my daughters favorite out of 30 machines. I picked up a NOS CE playfield cleared by Kruzman, so I don't worry its played now lol.

20210918_185314 (resized).jpg20210918_185314 (resized).jpg20211022_214805 (resized).jpg20211022_214805 (resized).jpg20211022_215105 (resized).jpg20211022_215105 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#17461 2 years ago

How do I collect a constellation bonus on this game? Says on tilt forums to shoot star map and then shoot the random selected shot to collect but not seeing the game indicate what shot to hit.

#17462 2 years ago

There was the pirate image post JJP did last month that people / podcasts speculated it could mean a remake. Rediculous to construd that it is fact?

#17463 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Comment récupérer un bonus de constellation sur ce jeu ? Dit sur les forums d'inclinaison de tirer sur la carte des étoiles, puis de tirer sur le coup sélectionné au hasard pour collecter mais ne pas voir le jeu indiquer quel coup frapper.

Hi, if I'm not being stupid, the objective of the star map changes with each game. From time to time the star map is displayed on the right of the screen and gives you the objective and the number of shots to be made to achieve it. You have to look up at the right time to see the number of shots to be made and the objective too

#17464 2 years ago

A previous owner of one of my JJPs had used, I’m assuming windex, on the invisaglass and left burnt in drip marks in the finish. Many markings all over the glass. I was determined to get it back to looking good.
I tried many experiments with different solutions. Today I gave a product we all have in our pinball tool box. Novus2!
Shazam! The novus2 totally made the etched in markings disappear. I am so pumped! Definitely didn’t want to buy another sheet of invisaglass.
I thought I would share this remedy with my fellow Pinsiders as I am sure there are others who have encountered this terrible result from using the wrong product to clean their Invisaglass.

#17465 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

A previous owner of one of my JJPs had used, I’m assuming windex, on the invisaglass and left burnt in drip marks in the finish. Many markings all over the glass. I was determined to get it back to looking good.
I tried many experiments with different solutions. Today I gave a product we all have in our pinball tool box. Novus2!
Shazam! The novus2 totally made the etched in markings disappear. I am so pumped! Definitely didn’t want to buy another sheet of invisaglass.
I thought I would share this remedy with my fellow Pinsiders as I am sure there are others who have encountered this terrible result from using the wrong product to clean their Invisaglass.

I’m pretty sure if you novus’d your invisiglass that you probably just have glass now.

#17466 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’m pretty sure if you novus’d your invisiglass that you probably just have glass now.

No. You are absolutely wrong.

#17467 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

No. You are absolutely wrong.

I hope so. But you gotta think the abrasive Novus would remove the anti reflective coating…

#17468 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I hope so. But you gotta think the abrasive Novus would remove the anti reflective coating…

I didn’t caveman it on. I tested an area out of view before putting on other spots. Lightly rubbed it with a cotton cloth. I didn’t cover the whole playfield with it either. I’m pretty sure it would look like leopard glass if the finish was rubbed off
C0E05136-CD21-45CD-AD30-3B807D96A320 (resized).jpegC0E05136-CD21-45CD-AD30-3B807D96A320 (resized).jpeg

Still looks like Invisaglass

#17469 2 years ago

Have had POTC for 6 months and got first ever hat and eye patch on a picture. I honestly thought this was like a “9th green at 9” prank that you guys started. Can’t believe it’s real lol

#17470 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Have had POTC for 6 months and got first ever hat and eye patch on a picture. I honestly thought this was like a “9th green at 9” prank that you guys started. Can’t believe it’s real lol

When I had my game I noticed if I tilted my head down slightly during photo capture it happened more frequently.

#17471 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

How do I collect a constellation bonus on this game? Says on tilt forums to shoot star map and then shoot the random selected shot to collect but not seeing the game indicate what shot to hit.

The star map (behind the chest) will flash a pattern which corresponds with a shot on the pf. For example, the 'stars' could be in the shape of a P which means shoot the P lane. Unless you memorize the vague patterns it's mostly pointless. But, the required shot (P lane for example) will also flash white for a few seconds, so that's how you can know which is the shot to make.

#17472 2 years ago

I rarely, if ever, pay attention to the star map. Too much else to focus on.

I believe 10 shots made qualifies an extra ball shot. I just rely on randomly making these in the course of regular gameplay.

#17473 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I rarely, if ever, pay attention to the star map. Too much else to focus on.
I believe 10 shots made qualifies an extra ball shot. I just rely on randomly making these in the course of regular gameplay.

Ten -star map- shots.

#17474 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ten -star map- shots.

Correct.

#17475 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

The star map (behind the chest) will flash a pattern which corresponds with a shot on the pf. For example, the 'stars' could be in the shape of a P which means shoot the P lane. Unless you memorize the vague patterns it's mostly pointless. But, the required shot (P lane for example) will also flash white for a few seconds, so that's how you can know which is the shot to make.

Yes if you shoot the mode start shot (starmap?) when you haven’t lit a mode yet (and maybe in a mode if that shot is not lit),it will flash the next shot white for you. Then I look at the stars that are lit and try to remember it. It’s like a whole new mini game. I recommend it for a change of pace. Some are quite easy like 2x (two Xs) and 3x etc.

Iirc there’s a setting that makes it easier as the stars linger a little longer so it makes a more coherent picture. Can anyone confirm how to do this?

#17476 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yes if you shoot the mode start shot (starmap?) when you haven’t lit a mode yet (and maybe in a mode if that shot is not lit),it will flash the next shot white for you. Then I look at the stars that are lit and try to remember it. It’s like a whole new mini game. I recommend it for a change of pace. Some are quite easy like 2x (two Xs) and 3x etc.
Iirc there’s a setting that makes it easier as the stars linger a little longer so it makes a more coherent picture. Can anyone confirm how to do this?

Yep, page B-31 in the manual lists a few adjustments available for it:

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC_Manual%202_0%20November%202018.pdf

#17477 2 years ago

For any POTC fans on the beta who use Scorbit, we're pleased to announce that Scorbit v1.2 is here, with some major changes to challenges and playing flow.

Check out the details in the Scorbit thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/11#post-6788938

1 week later
#17478 2 years ago

Deleted…wrong thread. I meant to post in the JJPPOTC troubleshooting thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/69#post-6802674

#17479 2 years ago

I have a cup holder that goes great with the theme. If anyone has any interest PM me. The cup holder can be mounted on the left or right by flipping the bracket.

169B2866-B02A-4649-BB4B-448D132BB543 (resized).jpeg169B2866-B02A-4649-BB4B-448D132BB543 (resized).jpeg1BF4E122-9D87-4871-8881-19074806A9F4 (resized).jpeg1BF4E122-9D87-4871-8881-19074806A9F4 (resized).jpeg4B73323E-D627-43ED-9283-0021F70FDDCD (resized).jpeg4B73323E-D627-43ED-9283-0021F70FDDCD (resized).jpeg
#17480 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:I have a cup holder that goes great with the theme. ...

Arr! We be drinkin' our POTC grog from a barrel now!

Thank ye matey!
POTC barrel cup holder 2 (resized).jpgPOTC barrel cup holder 2 (resized).jpg

#17481 2 years ago

Thank ye matey!
[quoted image]

Looks great! Nice line up

#17482 2 years ago

Thank ye matey!
[quoted image]

If anyone else wants one I have one left on hand and can have more in a few days. These also look great on hobbit, Medieval Madness, LOTR and Octoberfest.

#17483 2 years ago

bug of the year!!

IMG_20220226_000258 (resized).jpgIMG_20220226_000258 (resized).jpg
#17484 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

bug of the year!!
[quoted image]

Ah oui quand même

#17485 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

bug of the year!!
[quoted image]

Is that on Beta code?

#17486 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

C'est sur le code bêta ?

No this is not the beta code, this is the first time this has happened. The score corresponds to the mode "at world's in wizard mode". On the other hand, it appears correctly when the high scores are scrolling on the screen. Score to beat lool

#17487 2 years ago

Okay had sometime today and thought I would tackle this project I have had for many years even before owning this machine.
I got the DVD At Worlds End display from a local grocery store. Had it in my game room for along time, but was taking up space. Took it appart and saved the outter characters and name. Thought it might be cool to add it sometime to a top of a pirate pinball machine.
Well...today was the day. Just moved into our new home in December and my game room now has the ceiling height to accommodate my idea.
Note: the cardboard display is stapled to a 2x2 wood and is just sitting on the top. It's easily removed.
Okay pirate collector's, what's your thoughts? Cool, awesome, looks great and/or too big, overbearing etc. Let me know,
Thanks Mike

20220310_144725 (resized).jpg20220310_144725 (resized).jpg20220310_144737 (resized).jpg20220310_144737 (resized).jpg20220310_144751 (resized).jpg20220310_144751 (resized).jpg20220310_145132 (resized).jpg20220310_145132 (resized).jpg20220310_145136 (resized).jpg20220310_145136 (resized).jpg
#17488 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

... Okay pirate collector's, what's your thoughts? ... too big, overbearing etc. ...

I salute your creativity, but ... yes. (IMHO)

Sorry.

#17489 2 years ago

Okay had sometime today and thought I would tackle this project I have had for many years even before owning this machine.
I got the DVD At Worlds End display from a local grocery store. Had it in my game room for along time, but was taking up space. Took it appart and saved the outter characters and name. Thought it might be cool to add it sometime to a top of a pirate pinball machine.
Well...today was the day. Just moved into our new home in December and my game room now has the ceiling height to accommodate my idea.
Note: the cardboard display is stapled to a 2x2 wood and is just sitting on the top. It's easily removed.
Okay pirate collector's, what's your thoughts? Cool, awesome, looks great and/or too big, overbearing etc. Let me know,
Thanks Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

that looks awesome

#17490 2 years ago

Thanks Mike
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool.

#17491 2 years ago

bug of the year!!

I experienced a similar bug, in official v0.99 version, after playing 'At worlds end' wizard mode.
The game allocated the 'escape the locker champ' to the player (#2) who played the 'At worlds end' wizard, however the 'escape the locker' score was not beaten during the game.
In addition, the first player (#1) was given the 'At worlds end' wizard mode score as its final score.

Something wrong with how 'At worlds end' wizard mode is coded related to the high scores.

I reported here with screen shots
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc/page/9#post-6595387

#17492 2 years ago

I experienced a similar bug, in official v0.99 version, after playing 'At worlds end' wizard mode.
The game allocated the 'escape the locker champ' to the player (#2) who played the 'At worlds end' wizard, however the 'escape the locker' score was not beaten during the game.
In addition, the first player (#1) was given the 'At worlds end' wizard mode score as its final score.

Something wrong with how 'At worlds end' wizard mode is coded related to the high scores.

I reported here with screen shots
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc/page/9#post-6595387

#17494 2 years ago

Hello pirates, obliged to post this new record. Made in two shots in super X6!! 9 million 200/ shot (tortuga and chest)

IMG_20220316_195921 (resized).jpgIMG_20220316_195921 (resized).jpg
#17495 2 years ago

I had my game up for trade/sale but going to give it another shot. My frustration with the game were the cheap drains from the mode start ball drop hitting the gold targets and going straight to left drain and the left sling popping the ball straight to the right drain, any tips on pitch or sling settings to cut down on these would be appreciated.

#17496 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I had my game up for trade/sale but going to give it another shot. My frustration with the game were the cheap drains from the mode start ball drop hitting the gold targets and going straight to left drain and the left sling popping the ball straight to the right drain, any tips on pitch or sling settings to cut down on these would be appreciated.

Replacing or even spinning the rubber ring on the left side of the starmap area can help with the SDTM drains. I was getting drained out a lot until I replaced that ring. You could also try adding a fatter rubber ring to the post on the left. If all else fails, someone used to sell a little gate that would make the ball roll more to the right, but I'm not seeing it listed anymore.

As for the slings, I don't think I ever had the exact issue you mentioned. Replacing the sling rubber may help there too. I have my slings set to 20, FWIW. I still have the rare wild sling hit where it sends the ball airborn against the side of the cabinet or into the plastics. I see this happen on every modern game from every manufacturer, though. Not sure why this happens, because older games never do this.

#17497 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I still have the rare wild sling hit where it sends the ball airborn against the side of the cabinet or into the plastics. I see this happen on every modern game from every manufacturer, though. Not sure why this happens, because older games never do this.

I get this wild left sling catamaran shot to the right side of the cabinet every couple of games also. Seems to only happen to me during multiballs. I am on the beta code, but it happened on the previous code also. The right sling doesn't seem to ever do that.

#17498 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I get this wild left sling catamaran shot to the right side of the cabinet every couple of games also. Seems to only happen to me during multiballs. I am on the beta code, but it happened on the previous code also. The right sling doesn't seem to ever do that.

I have it happen on both slings, but it only happens maybe once every 10 games or so. I am still on .99 code. This happens on every SAM or Spike system Stern game I've had too. I had a Metallica Pro back in 2013 that was doing it a lot, and I remember people on here were experimenting with installing resistors on the sling coils. It's crazy that almost 10 years later this is still an issue on modern games.

#17499 2 years ago

Do most of you turn the ball save on for start of ball/plunges? This game has so many ways of screwing you until you can get the multiball stacking going which for me it's usually ball three.

#17500 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Do most of you turn the ball save on for start of ball/plunges? This game has so many ways of screwing you until you can get the multiball stacking going which for me it's usually ball three.

Yep - typical set up on my games is 10 sec ball save (unless unavailable as with my Bally EBD) and 3-ball play w/ standard code extra ball(s).

My POTC will screw you, but nothing too blatant and seems somewhat fitting with the scurvy dog pirate theme. Arrr!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 350 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/350?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.