(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 378.
#1651 5 years ago

Already done, many times

I'm fairly certain I did it on a stream, but don't know which one.

#1652 5 years ago

I think I might be joining this crazy club......super excited if I do. Been playing this at a local bar and really starting to appreciate all the value it provides. Will need to review all of the fixes although the idea of cutting things has me a little worried!

#1653 5 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

Already done, many times
I'm fairly certain I did it on a stream, but don't know which one.

Dam you! ...Wait, did you do it intentionally? haha

We gotta get some more multiplayer games going and plundering! This is how i feel wanting to play Pirates again...

chappelle.gifchappelle.gif
#1654 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think I might be joining this crazy club......super excited if I do. Been playing this at a local bar and really starting to appreciate all the value it provides. Will need to review all of the fixes although the idea of cutting things has me a little worried!

#Delt31 Good choice and I am certain you will love it even more when you can really dive into it. Just an Opinion but I wouldn't read to much into fears of fixes and issues honestly. Yes a few out of the games needed some tweaks or repair but that can happen in most Any new production item. It is obvious (and appreciated) Eric, LTG, Keith, and JJP are monitoring these issues as fast as they hear them to implement change quickly. They want the game as perfect as we do. After all who Other than me wants to spend a Saturday talking to Lloyd! If you look at early issues/concerns you will notice they have for the most part gone away with the exception for a few that wish to mylar the entire machine for a nuclear fall out?? (Just Joking!!!) I have since helped 4 other friends receive and setup their games and not a Single issue. While not a JJP fanboy this game as a package is absolutely Brilliant! Eric is going to have a Tough time topping this creation but I do hope to see him try! Congrats on your new game!!!!

#1655 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahhhh....much better.
Move over Tortuga Tom, Captain Jack Sparrow is coming aboard!
I love this mod!!!
SDTM Zach’s Bad Ass Jack Sparrow Replacement Mod for JJP POTC LE/CE
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

@ZMeny... you should use this one instead....but what do I know not sure I would want his ugly mug on there twice...

41B7MT5RHKL (resized).jpg41B7MT5RHKL (resized).jpg
#1656 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What did you cut him in half with to get a clean cut?

Like many figurines there is a joint at his waist. I just pulled it off and shaved down the middle portion that was originally attached to the waist (you can’t miss it). The rest of his waist is already a clean, flat cut.

#1657 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Like many figurines there is a joint at his waist. I just pulled it off and shaved down the middle portion that was originally attached to the waist (you can’t miss it). The rest of his waist is already a clean, flat cut.

Above or below the pirate jewels?

#1658 5 years ago

Plastic protectors are going well, Played a bunch of games last night. They did not interfere with the ball at all. As for the colors you’ll have to ask the boss lady about that...

9F455599-0366-4CD2-B8DC-8A8146D8251E (resized).jpeg9F455599-0366-4CD2-B8DC-8A8146D8251E (resized).jpegC0AC2525-CF4F-47A0-B9EE-F023AD4DA447 (resized).jpegC0AC2525-CF4F-47A0-B9EE-F023AD4DA447 (resized).jpegD39D697B-40CC-4C85-85CD-71B863280823 (resized).jpegD39D697B-40CC-4C85-85CD-71B863280823 (resized).jpeg
#1659 5 years ago

I'm assuming the JJP WOZ / Hobbit option on pinball side mirrors will work for this game (for mirror blades)?

#1660 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dam you! ...Wait, did you do it intentionally? haha

We gotta get some more multiplayer games going and plundering!

Ha ha ha yes, it was intentional.

Yes! We do!

#1661 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm assuming the JJP WOZ / Hobbit option on pinball side mirrors will work for this game (for mirror blades)?

To this point, IIRC the only mirrors we've seen on a PotC in this thread came from Freddy's in Germany.

FWIW, at http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de, the same mirror blades are ordered for either Dialed In or PotC ("SB-JJP2").

On that site, part "SB-JJP" is ordered for WOZ and "SB-JJP1" is ordered for Hobbit.

/Not affiliated, haven't bought, just reporting, hope this helps, etc.

#1662 5 years ago

Did you take it apart yet? I’m curious what it came with. There should be some titans on it from the factory...
This was from Titan_Pinball when I posted on their thread about purchasing titans for potc. Does anyone know which ones would be titan rings? I was thinking it was possibly all the clear rings.

#1663 5 years ago

Quoted from Titan thread
JJP only bought 3/8" OD (mini post), 1-1/2" ID and 2-1/2" ID clear silicone from Titan for the pirates build. The rest of the rubber on the game is someone else's and possibly a mix of more than 2 brands. I did hear that they used regular flipper rubber, most likely Happ-Suzo. I'm sure the 2-1/2" are the slings and the 3/8" OD are in the rocking ship and probably other areas... Not sure where the 1-1/2" goes.
FYI

#1664 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice, those are some cool rules! I updated my post to reflect.
I’d be impressed if someone has intentionally done this. Have any of the JJP guys done this on stream? Paging troz Karl, time to try some fun super jackpot goals

I think Joe K and I have both done it on stream. You're giving me ideas for things to focus on for upcoming episodes though...

#1665 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Plastic protectors are going well, Played a bunch of games last night. They did not interfere with the ball at all. As for the colors you’ll have to ask the boss lady about that...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you decide to do the translucent smoked gray, let me know so I can order.

#1666 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If you decide to do the translucent smoked gray, let me know so I can order.

Me too!

#1667 5 years ago

On the disk where exactly are others putting the white grease?

#1668 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

On the gears below the playfield. One is huge ( the spinner ) one is small ( the motor ) you can't miss them.

LTG : )

#1669 5 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

A little bit goes a long way. The stuff really doesn’t break down so don’t over do it!

And if your having any action button sticking issues, while you have the grease out. Depress the button and put a drop on the shaft of button. 100+ plays since I did this and not a single stuck/jammed button.

#1670 5 years ago

POTC .98 code is live! https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

Change log: http://159.203.76.48/potc/potc_changelog.txt

I also see some printable pricing cards, didn't notice those before so they may be new too.

#1671 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The stuff really doesn’t break down so don’t over do it

What are you using?

#1672 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

What are you using?

White lithium grease. Extreme temps and dirt are the only things that gum it up.

#1673 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I also see some printable pricing cards, didn't notice those before so they may be new too.

Thanks for posting....

#1674 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

White lithium grease. Extreme temps and dirt are the only things that gum it up.

Using this also and working well so far..

#1675 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I picked up the code yesterday off the JJP website. FYI for anyone having trouble updating the code, I initially missed the fine print trying to do the .97 full update first before loading the .98 code.

Don't use a USB thumb drive bigger than 32GB! For some odd reason you need to use at least an 8GB up to 32GB (maximum) USB flash/thumb drive or when you go to power up the machine to load off the USB connector (behind the coinbox) it'll just boot normally and not update.

#1676 5 years ago

Cool new video from JJP about the CE:

#1677 5 years ago

I got the .97 part installed. Should I erase everything from the usb except the delta .98 potc_update or should everything remain on usb when installing final part.

Also, anyone else’s ship rocking crazily after first part of install? Mine was rocking so far and fast to the right the lantern was smacking off the ramp.

Hopefully this self corrects because it was fine prior!

#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got the .97 part installed. Should I erase everything from the usb except the delta .98 potc_update or should everything remain on usb when installing final part.
Also, anyone else’s ship rocking crazily after first part of install? Mine was rocking so far and fast to the right the lantern was smacking off the ramp.
Hopefully this self corrects because it was fine prior!

Yeah, I just re-formatted my USB flash drive after I got .97 installed. Follow the instructions for installing .98, it's much smaller than the .97 ISO process and easier as well.

Yes, after the update, my ship started rocking back/forth very quickly before seemingly 'gassing out'. I assumed it was using up whatever high voltage was left. It eventually gassed out to a stop, but then would start up again when high voltage was applied (closed coin door). The rocking was normal during play. But the boat was still rocking outside of a game. I scavenged around the settings and tried doing a boat calibration in tests. That seemed to have worked...I rebooted the game and now its rocking normally.

#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Cool new video from JJP about the CE:

Love that music....I hope I hear that eventually in the game.

#1680 5 years ago

Look what just showed up from the Mod Couple. Made some alterations and took off the left side railing. We will see how it holds up.

51979AFB-BDD9-4088-9D07-112E2E104C62 (resized).jpeg51979AFB-BDD9-4088-9D07-112E2E104C62 (resized).jpeg
#1681 5 years ago

Yeah I dig that music too.

This game desperately needs some attract/game over music or at a minimum Gibbs callouts to attract you.

I like hanging in my game room hearing Indy playing intermittently or Star Wars, makes myself and guests walk over and play a game when we are just hanging.

#1682 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Look what just showed up from the Mod Couple. Made some alterations and took off the left side railing. We will see how it holds up.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome. Yes I was going to revise the website image to show with a simple snip you owner could remove the left rail if the preferred that look. Just wanted to make sure everyone’s tastes were covered. Thanks for posting and Thanks to everyone for your support and interest. Such an amazing game to work on and we have other concepts in the works we think most will like.

#1683 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks awesome. Yes I was going to revise the website image to show with a simple snip you owner could remove the left rail if the preferred that look. Just wanted to make sure everyone’s tastes were covered. Thanks for posting and Thanks to everyone for your support and interest. Such an amazing game to work on and we have other concepts in the works we think most will like.

How about a 'Jack the monkey' mod? I've imagined him either rocking on the left side of the ship or maybe attached to one of those ramps (to the ship).

#1684 5 years ago

Cool video! No wonder they're taking so long to come out, Hogbog is building them all himself

#1685 5 years ago

Speaking of jack the monkey, is he even in the game anywhere?

#1686 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Speaking of jack the monkey, is he even in the game anywhere?

I think Eric said in one of the streams that they tried to get the dog and the monkey and the animals agents wanted more money. So I don't think that is happening. Would have loved a Monkey Mode.

#1687 5 years ago

You’ve gotta be f’ing kidding me, I think I’ve heard it all now!

#1688 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

How about a 'Jack the monkey' mod? I've imagined him either rocking on the left side of the ship or maybe attached to one of those ramps (to the ship).

You sir are a mind reader. Jack the Monkey is in process. No game is complete without the monkey sidekick!! As long as he’s not handzie. Lol

#1689 5 years ago

I’ve played two games since updating the code and noticed something odd, happened both games.

Say you have a multiball lit and your in the middle of a chapter with one character remaining.
In my case at worlds end lit and final character to collect is Elizabeth.

I hit the shot in both games, multiball starts but does not award the character.

Is this a bug?

#1692 5 years ago

I don't really fancy myself a hardcore doll collector, but I just thought this hot toys figure was way too awesome to not put on top of my machine.

IMG_6677 (resized).jpgIMG_6677 (resized).jpg
#1693 5 years ago

I think Eric said in one of the streams that they tried to get the dog and the monkey and the animals agents wanted more money. So I don't think that is happening. Would have loved a Monkey Mode.

We asked him about the monkey in our interview with him

#1694 5 years ago

Any distros have any LEs ready to ship now? I want one...

#1695 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Doc Pinball in Indianapolis had one in stock. Not sure if it is gone yet.

#1696 5 years ago

PinballSTAR do you have one ?

#1697 5 years ago

[quoted image]

That's how I see it, just crickets when I mentioned it though Now if it were only curved to follow the ship's deck shape.

Waiting for our coins etc... those look cool!

#1698 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You’ve gotta be f’ing kidding me, I think I’ve heard it all now!

I think that now would be the time for someone to approach Depp. This would be his time to solidify his presence in the franchise, as he is on the way out.

#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What about the clear(er), 'synthetic grease? What's the difference between the white lithium and the cler synthetic?

#1700 5 years ago

Can always buy a used one for more then new from none other then gap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/34?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.