(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 377.
#17101 2 years ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

This is the mod paynemic and I developed to correct the issue. Doesn’t affect gameplay otherwise and is easily removed if you decide you don’t like it: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1305-trumpanche-mods/04977-gate-at-world-s-end-mod-for-jjp-potc

It’s still working well!

#17102 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:It fixed it for me. The front edge of the rubber wears down, the ball starts to slip a little further than it should, and it starts SDTMing. Fresh rubber (I use Titans) fixes it until it wears down again.
Some people have put a thick post sleeve on there but I don't like changing the design intent.

It's been a while since I've done any rubber maintenance in the machine. Do you need to remove the ship to get to this area?

#17103 2 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Do you need to remove the ship to get to this area?

The trunk.

LTG : )

#17104 2 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

It's been a while since I've done any rubber maintenance in the machine. Do you need to remove the ship to get to this area?

Yes you do. I didn't have to remove the trunk, I was able to swing it out of the way. But the boat's gotta get in drydock.

#17105 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep that was me. I have to be REALLY SURE I'm ready to say goodbye to this game before I sell it.

You will regret selling this one as much a i regret not pulling the trigger on ordering one when it was released and missing the boat on it. Still kicking myself for that one and still hoping to one day owning one.

#17106 2 years ago
Quoted from cybevenom:

You will regret selling this one as much a i regret not pulling the trigger on ordering one when it was released and missing the boat on it. Still kicking myself for that one and still hoping to one day owning one.

Yeah I still have it so far

It's interesting, I almost never go for the chapter completions but going for sixes is always a rush.
Something about the colorful banners really incentivizes getting it filled with all 5+Tortuga.

#17107 2 years ago

Me too! I almost can’t focus on anything else, no matter what I start out thinking.

#17108 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the leds lighting the tray and the pearl have a specific voltage? I have two that have burned.

IMG_20210922_223245 (resized).jpgIMG_20210922_223245 (resized).jpg
#17109 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Does anyone know if the leds lighting the tray and the pearl have a specific voltage? I have two that have burned.
[quoted image]

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v?_pos=1&_sid=1f07e014a&_ss=r&variant=29411774726246

#17111 2 years ago

Scorbit just released Achievements with JJP, Starting with Wonka. POTC *is* happening and will be rolled out soon.

Video:

Post to Scorbit topic:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/6#post-6513731

#17112 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Scorbit just released Achievements with JJP, Starting with Wonka. POTC *is* happening and will be rolled out soon.
Video:

Post to Scorbit topic:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scorbit-official-thread/page/6#post-6513731

Well that's cool, some updates at least!!

#17113 2 years ago

It s really amazing scorbit !! We will be able to compete with all the owners of the same game !! It's great

#17114 2 years ago

Got a NOS SE/LE unpopulated playfield and a full set of cabinet decal i am going to be posting for sale but figured i would offer here first. Looking for $1,000 shipped on playfield and $200 shipped on decals but will discount if someone wants both

Update: both are pending thanks

#17115 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Got a NOS SE/LE unpopulated playfield and a full set of cabinet decal i am going to be posting for sale but figured i would offer here first. Looking for $1,000 shipped on playfield and $200 shipped on decals but will discount if someone wants both

HM.... checking how far you are from Toledo...

#17116 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Message sent

#17117 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Video:

Post to Scorbit topic:

Is there no longer a monthly fee to use scorbit?

#17118 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Its free on all JJP games

#17119 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Its free on all JJP games

That's great news.

I was an early preorder supporter of Scorbit with money down.

They later contacted me requesting additional payment along with the news that they'd charge a monthly fee to use it. I requested and received a quick refund.

I never heard they amended their subscription service model for JJP games. Glad to know.

#17120 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

There never has been. Not for JJP.

#17121 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That's great news.
I was an early preorder supporter of Scorbit with money down.
They later contacted me requesting additional payment along with the news that they'd charge a monthly fee to use it. I requested and received a quick refund.
I never heard they amended their subscription service model for JJP games. Glad to know.

Hey folks, just a reminder: Scorbit is free for JJP games. I have read some posts around that people are confused about that... Scorbit has been free for JJP and always as been.

#17122 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

There never has been. Not for JJP.

I understand that now.

It was just never mentioned in the Scorbit email I received that stated there was a monthly subscription fee.

#17123 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I understand that now.
It was just never mentioned in the Scorbit email I received that stated there was a monthly subscription fee.

It's true that if you buy our hardware, there is an annual fee (which is a tiered pricing model) when you provision those. It's part of our operating costs, unfortunately. However, with JJP and a few others soon, the connection to the API is handled by the existing hardware, and that's way more convenient and smoother for the user, and we take that into account with our standard licensing.

Note that the annual cost for Scorbitrons is before promotional pricing and so forth. Most folks who own many Scorbitrons using standard licensing pay a flat rate for unlimited licenses.

#17124 2 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

It's true that if you buy our hardware, there is an annual fee (which is a tiered pricing model) when you provision those. It's part of our operating costs, unfortunately. However, with JJP and a few others soon, the connection to the API is handled by the existing hardware, and that's way more convenient and smoother for the user, and we take that into account with our standard licensing.
Note that the annual cost for Scorbitrons is before promotional pricing and so forth. Most folks who own many Scorbitrons using standard licensing pay a flat rate for unlimited licenses.

I’m very interested in Scorbit just for fun, and wouldn’t mind paying a couple bucks a year to use it in our gameroom. But I am thoroughly confused by what you just posted. Is there a fee ? Or no? Or just for non-JJP games?

I’ve read your guys’ website and app description several times now and it is super unclear what the use cases are here. There’s hardware if you need it, but some games won’t like JJP. Is there a service ? Is there a subscription needed? maybe if I was an Op id get it more clearly

#17125 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m very interested in Scorbit just for fun, and wouldn’t mind paying a couple bucks a year to use it in our gameroom. But I am thoroughly confused by what you just posted. Is there a fee ? Or no? Or just for non-JJP games?
I’ve read your guys’ website and app description several times now and it is super unclear what the use cases are here. There’s hardware if you need it, but some games won’t like JJP. Is there a service ? Is there a subscription needed? maybe if I was an Op id get it more clearly

Sorry Rdoyle1978 for any confusion.

• Scorbit is a subscription service that sometimes requires hardware. The use of the app is always free, connecting machines is sometimes free.

• If a game connects to our service directly, without hardware, the basic (standard) cost is nothing. It is a free Standard license.

• If a game uses our hardware to connect to our service, we charge a minimal fee, which drops per machine per month based on the total number of machines you're connecting.

• The hardware we sell at cost (well, below cost), just a necessary evil. Pricing is on the website.

There is also a Pro service for operators. No point in going down that road, but if you're an operator, I'm happy to explain.

Does that answer your question?

#17126 2 years ago

Just joined the club. Didn’t think I would for a long time but spontaneity got the best of me. I got a lot of exploring to do on this machine (but not too fast!)!

1 week later
#17127 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the sound board on this game is interchangeable with the sound board on The Hobbit? I've got an annoying whistling screeching filling sound from all 3 speakers on my Hobbit, which I'm struggling to track down and I'm starting to suspect the sound board itself, so if they are the same between these games I could swap them over and see if it fixes it...

Also, how do you move the display to get to the main box of electronics behind it?

Thanks a lot!!

#17128 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Also, how do you move the display to get to the main box if electronics behind it?

There are two metal latches on each side that hold the display in position on an articulating bracket.

You need to slide the latches up to release it from the locked position, and then pull toward you.

I pull on the right side first, and then the left. Later JJP games got rid of the latches, and replaced them with magnets. The magnets are better.

#17129 2 years ago

Sorted, thanks!

20211010_170617 (resized).jpg20211010_170617 (resized).jpg
#17130 2 years ago

Does anyone know if the sound board on this game is interchangeable with the sound board on The Hobbit? I've got an annoying whistling screeching filling sound from all 3 speakers on my Hobbit, which I'm struggling to track down and I'm starting to suspect the sound board itself, so if they are the same between these games I could swap them over and see if it fixes it...
Also, how do you move the display to get to the main box of electronics behind it?
Thanks a lot!!

The “sound board” is part of the computer itself - very different configurations too. POTC has a smaller computer in the head, Hobbit has a larger scale computer in the body. No likely to be swappable I’m afraid

#17131 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No likely to be swappable I’m afraid

Ok, pity... might have to find another Hobbit owner who'll kindly test my sound board out in his game in that case... Thanks.

#17132 2 years ago

Comparing what I call the sound boards, PotC is much more difficult to extract and, as you say, is quite different from the Hobbit, which looks very easy to take out by comparison... I think, following the wires, that the two lower right connectors on left (smaller) board on the PotC are the left and right speaker connections...

20211010_184327 (resized).jpg20211010_184327 (resized).jpg20211010_185005 (resized).jpg20211010_185005 (resized).jpg
#17133 2 years ago

Upgraded my LE to the CE.
It sure is nice
That ship topper is a lot louder then I thought it would be.

DCCBD1F6-E215-474F-9976-C16822EAC419 (resized).jpegDCCBD1F6-E215-474F-9976-C16822EAC419 (resized).jpegEC75FB13-52E5-4867-A2CA-E80C20FAE1E5 (resized).jpegEC75FB13-52E5-4867-A2CA-E80C20FAE1E5 (resized).jpeg
#17134 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Upgraded my LE to the CE.
It sure is nice
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats well done! I found reducing the default topper speed drastically reduced the sound. Default speed was setup as if it was a speed boat. I light amount of grease on the cam also helps.

#17135 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats well done! I found reducing the default topper speed drastically reduced the sound. Default speed was setup as if it was a speed boat. I light amount of grease on the cam also helps.

I've always had mine turned off. Still waiting on a capable hobbyist to help me mod/fix it.

#17136 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

I can't hear mine at all, but I have it turned way down speed wise... I hear the Black Pearl rocking more.

#17137 2 years ago

I can't hear mine at all, but I have it turned way down speed wise... I hear the Black Pearl rocking more.

When I turned mine down low, there was too much friction/stress.

There were some early threads relating to reducing this, but I think the main problem is the motor is under-specified.

#17138 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

There were some early threads relating to reducing this, but I think the main problem is the motor is under-specified

Sounds like I've been lucky with mine!!

#17139 2 years ago

Thanks a lot!!

Might be worth checking out the soldering to the speakers. I had some high pitched distorting out sound occasionally on my Hobbit and just unscrewed the sound bar from the top of the backbox and unplugged the rca’s and pulled the bar out and sure enough there was a frayed connection to one speaker, resoldered it and all was well.

#17140 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

I had some high pitched distorting out sound occasionally on my Hobbit

Very interesting! So was it the case that the noise was getting to all 3 speakers on yours even though the problem was on just one speaker connection, or was the noise only coming from the speaker with the frayed connection?

#17141 2 years ago

Very interesting! So was it the case that the noise was getting to all 3 speakers on yours even though the problem was on just one speaker connection, or was the noise only coming from the speaker with the frayed connection?

It was only one side so no exactly the same as you’re describing, but there could be a chance you have multiple soldering issues, I don’t know, just trying to help with ideas.

#17142 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

There were some early threads relating to reducing this, but I think the main problem is the motor is under-specified.

Also try taking out the spring to remove tension from the ship.

#17143 2 years ago

I’m still looking for pirates CE #50 if anyone happens to know where it is

#17144 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

It was only one side so no exactly the same as you’re describing, but there could be a chance you have multiple soldering issues, I don’t know, just trying to help with ideas.

Ok, the interference on mine is at all 3 speakers... it's like the earth shields aren't working at all... maybe the sound board should be earthed somehow and the earth isn't being made on the board itself... electronics is a major weak-point of mine... is it true to say that there are two 'wires' for each speaker and the middle wire (the middle pin on the connector) sends the sound information and the outer wire forms the earthing and also the 'return' for the sound signal? If so, would it be possible to simply earth the appropriate lug on the speaker to solve an earth shielding issue??

If this is a totally stupid idea and will blow something up, it's a testament as to how stupid I am in electronics!

#17145 2 years ago

Ok, the interference on mine is at all 3 speakers... it's like the earth shields aren't working at all... maybe the sound board should be earthed somehow and the earth isn't being made on the board itself... electronics is a major weak-point of mine... is it true to say that there are two 'wires' for each speaker and the middle wire (the middle pin on the connector) sends the sound information and the outer wire forms the earthing and also the 'return' for the sound signal? If so, would it be possible to simply earth the appropriate lug on the speaker to solve an earth shielding issue??
If this is a totally stupid idea and will blow something up, it's a testament as to how stupid I am in electronics!

I dont know if this will help or not I was getting a lot of crackling,pops and weird sounds all the time when I was playing, turned out to be the headphone jack connected to the backbox, once I disconnected, that it fixed my situation.

#17146 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I dont know if this will help or not I was getting a lot of crackling,pops and weird sounds all the time when I was playing, turned out to be the headphone jack connected to the backbox, once I disconnected, that it fixed my situation.

I had the same issue. I got a new headphone wire harness and that didn't solve it. I wrapped it in Copper sheathing and that didn't help. If you move the cable around in the cabinet, it can get better, but for me it never fully went away. I just left it unplugged. Wish there was a solution.

#17147 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I still have it so far
It's interesting, I almost never go for the chapter completions but going for sixes is always a rush.
Something about the colorful banners really incentivizes getting it filled with all 5+Tortuga.

Leaving the POTC club?!

Guess if you got anywhere near your asking price, nobody can fault you though. Congrats on the sale!

#17148 2 years ago

Looks like Zaphx

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Leaving the POTC club?!
Guess if you got anywhere near your asking price, nobody can fault you though. Congrats on the sale!

If he sold his CE for the asking price he can pick up an LE for under 20k and pocket a sweet profit.

#17149 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Looks like Zaphx

If he sold his CE for the asking price he can pick up an LE for under 20k and pocket a sweet profit.

Yes but the barnacles! And the topper! Shiver me timbers...

#17150 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That's another interesting avenue! It's crackling, pops and weird sounds that I'm getting, so this could be the answer... I'm just a bit puzzled by "headphone jack connected to the backbox", my headphone jack in on the front of the cabinet... what do you mean by "connected to the backbox"? This issue if mine seems to have found it's way into the wrong topic by the way, my problem us actually on The Hobbit... I started out asking here if the sound boards are interchangeable with PotC, and it's evolved Maybe your comment it therefore applicable to PotC... my headphone jack in on the front of the cab on both games though... I can disconnect the headphone jack in the cabinet... but that might not be what you're advising...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/343 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.