(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 377.
#16951 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wonder if I could get in on one. I've had my game folded up while we renovated our house, and just noticed some chipping around the left sling. really sucks! I'm going to reach out to JJP

Wish you luck but after the "run on the bank" my distributor told me they are no longer sending any free replacements. Guessing they were seeing how many popped up for sale days after they sent them lol.

#16952 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Wish you luck but after the "run on the bank" my distributor told me they are no longer sending any free replacements. Guessing they were seeing how many popped up for sale days after they sent them lol.

I'm still going to try, but that really sucks.

#16953 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Might as well ask. I didn’t think I would get one being the second owner but they did it

Like you, I’m a second owner and also received a new playfield. It seem JJP is being good about warranty provisions.

#16954 2 years ago

To be honest I won't be keeping my game. Will probably put it up for trade eventually, but figured I would sell the pf separately first. Its a fun game, but still working towards my goal of getting out of the hobby by Dec. In the mean time been trading for stuff I haven't had as a last chance to try.

#16955 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

To be honest I won't be keeping my game. Will probably put it up for trade eventually, but figured I would sell the pf separately first. Its a fun game, but still working towards my goal of getting out of the hobby by Dec. In the mean time been trading for stuff I haven't had as a last chance to try.

Any reason for getting out? Or just over it

#16956 2 years ago

If JJP had some "factory find" JJPOTC playfields, I would get one. The game is a keeper for us.

#16957 2 years ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Any reason for getting out? Or just over it

Games went through the roof. I enjoy pinball but is potc 15k of fun? No. Was led zep le fun? Sure but not 10k of fun.
Finding deals became too cut throat.
Lot of terrible people in this hobby.

I got a dodge viper. Now will fix up my house, sell it for double what i bought it for. Housing market isnt going nuts everywhere. Found out i can buy an amazing ho e with land.

#16958 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Games went through the roof. I enjoy pinball but is potc 15k of fun? No. Was led zep le fun? Sure but not 10k of fun.
Finding deals became too cut throat.
I got a dodge viper. Now will fix up my house, sell it for double what i bought it for. Housing market isnt going nuts everywhere. Found out i can buy an amazing ho e with land.

Thank you for saying this out loud!

#16959 2 years ago

Yeah I definitely got into the hobby at the wrong time, just 2 or 3 years ago could have scooped up these games at a fraction of the prices.

#16960 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Although, from what I hear, the guy that you got POTC from is a pretty good dude…

#16961 2 years ago

I finally got around to getting my Hobbit set up with working WIFI and BT. However, in attempting now 4 times to get Beta 4 to download successfully, the machine every time states 'file failed to verify'. Don't know what's going on with the servers JJP are using, it's slow enough as it is, but even more annoying when the file completes D/L only to give that error every time. I even swapped servers to see if it would make a difference, but all that did was make even slower and still fail to verify.. If I knew where to find a copy online(having scoured the web and check the now defunct JJP Newsgroup even), I could D/L, and I happily would give USB a try since generally that's a bit more reliable.

#16962 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

I finally got around to getting my Hobbit set up with working WIFI and BT. However, in attempting now 4 times to get Beta 4 to download successfully, the machine every time states 'file failed to verify'. Don't know what's going on with the servers JJP are using, it's slow enough as it is, but even more annoying when the file completes D/L only to give that error every time. I even swapped servers to see if it would make a difference, but all that did was make even slower and still fail to verify.. If I knew where to find a copy online(having scoured the web and check the now defunct JJP Newsgroup even), I could D/L, and I happily would give USB a try since generally that's a bit more reliable.

Wrong thread? POTC hasn’t had the wifi update yet

#16963 2 years ago
Quoted from Jsampel:

Although, from what I hear, the guy that you got POTC from is a pretty good dude…

Agreed, but the more money in the hobby the more assholes.

Recently traded my zep le for 3 games.
1 had acid damage and worked intermittently.
1 had outgassing and numetous hacks.
1 was missing the entire lightboard assembly and had fluorescent tubes.

Guy sent only pics that flattered the games. When i asked for others he stalled. It is my fault for not following up but the coward didn't bother to respond when I called him out on it.

Also sick of posting for sale and immediately getting a half dozen low ball offers or what is the lowest you'd go. These always come on thw first day of posting.

Getting shit on for my prices. Getting shit on games that sold within an hour of posting. Funny enough the two that are taking time to sell, no price police to be found.

As you see i am just burnt out.

#16964 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Agreed, but the more money in the hobby the more assholes.
Recently traded my zep le for 3 games.
1 had acid damage and worked intermittently.
1 had outgassing and numetous hacks.
1 was missing the entire lightboard assembly and had fluorescent tubes.
Guy sent only pics that flattered the games. When i asked for others he stalled. It is my fault for not following up but the coward didn't bother to respond when I called him out on it.
Also sick of posting for sale and immediately getting a half dozen low ball offers or what is the lowest you'd go. These always come on thw first day of posting.
Getting shit on for my prices. Getting shit on games that sold within an hour of posting. Funny enough the two that are taking time to sell, no price police to be found.
As you see i am just burnt out.

Who was it? Sounds like a local guys move here in Michigan that no one will deal with because of it so he does more shipping and out of state stuff

#16965 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wrong thread? POTC hasn’t had the wifi update yet

Yeah duh. Lol, I defaulted to my subscribed owners list and jumped on here instead going to dig up the hobbit thread. But also wondering like everyone else wtf POTC will get the wifi update etc seeing as now an older machine even has it..

#16966 2 years ago

Yeah duh. Lol, I defaulted to my subscribed owners list and jumped on here instead going to dig up the hobbit thread. But also wondering like everyone else wtf POTC will get the wifi update etc seeing as now an older machine even has it..

Exactly. What is the hold up ?

#16967 2 years ago

The whole thing with the POTC code is weird. There must be some kind of legal hurdle with the license. I think it's gone beyond JJP just not having time to update the code, especially since a beta release already exists.

#16968 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The whole thing with the POTC code is weird. There must be some kind of legal hurdle with the license. I think it's gone beyond JJP just not having time to update the code, especially since a beta release already exists.

Whatever the reason, it sucks not knowing

#16969 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yeah for such a big title (even standing beside GNR), it has had the pathetically little done with it's code compared to pretty much all the other JJP titles.

#16970 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

According to Keith Johnson on a podcast last year, he doesn’t want to do another update until the final wizard mode is finished. I don’t think it’s a license issue to finish the game. If that ever happens. But it’s been literal years now, this whole thing is so disappointing. After having bought every game (sometimes twice!) and supporting JJP for all these years, it is really a letdown

#16971 2 years ago

I just joined the club, #40 CE. Does any other CE owners mind sending me a scan of their certificate, I bought the machine from the owners daughter who had died of cancer and the family lost the cert. I wanted to recreate it and hang it near the machine.

JJP said they don't have the files anymore to recreate the certs. Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20210718-132859_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210718-132859_Gallery (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#16972 2 years ago

I finally got in the club. Standard Edition. Would love to buy a cool shooter and topper for it. I can't seem to find either in the market. Please let me know if you have one to sell or if you have a lead on one. Thanks!

#16973 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I finally got in the club. Standard Edition. Would love to buy a cool shooter and topper for it. I can't seem to find either in the market. Please let me know if you have one to sell or if you have a lead on one. Thanks!

Other then the CE topper which is not available (yet very cool) the standard plastic sign was not worth looking for from JJP lol. Cool find Congrats!!!

#16974 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Other then the CE topper which is not available (yet very cool) the standard plastic sign was not worth looking for from JJP lol. Cool find Congrats!!!

Just ordered a bunch of your mods for it yesterday. I was picturing your wife saying "I am still having to paint all this POTC stuff?" Would prefer to find a cool aftermarket topper, but I don't know if anyone made them. Been searching for 72 hours. Love the game way more than I did at EXPO 3 years ago.

#16975 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I just joined the club, #40 CE. Does any other CE owners mind sending me a scan of their certificate, I bought the machine from the owners daughter who had died of cancer and the family lost the cert. I wanted to recreate it and hang it near the machine.
JJP said they don't have the files anymore to recreate the certs. Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

jake35 send me a PM I have the original CE files from JJP for the certificate. Just write in your own number after printing.

#16976 2 years ago

Anybody re-created the ship in the bottle -topper for the SE/LE? Please post some pics of your topper creations for inspiration!

#16977 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

jake35 send me a PM I have the original CE files from JJP for the certificate. Just write in your own number after printing.

Thank you so much, I sent you a PM

#16978 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Anybody re-created the ship in the bottle -topper for the SE/LE? Please post some pics of your topper creations for inspiration!

Wouldn't that be something? Come on mod creators!

#16979 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Anybody re-created the ship in the bottle -topper

I thought about it but never got to it. 5 gallon plastic carboy for brewing beer. Ship kit off of Ebay that would fit. Though I was going to make it viewable from both sides rather than cut it in half and make it one sided.

I was thinking an Erector Set motor ( older model ) runs on AC and goes forever. Figure a way for front of ship go up and down and a couple waves going back and forth. A switch under the ship to set off bright flashers for lightening when the whip goes up and down.

LTG : )

DSC00717 (resized).JPGDSC00717 (resized).JPGcarboy (resized).jpgcarboy (resized).jpg
#16980 2 years ago

I have a problem with my maelstrom ramp, the ball jumps and hits the ball deflector. Suddenly the ball goes into the hole while I am not at the start of multiball. There is a bump in 1, I don't know if it was there before or if the ramp is deformed. Can someone tell me if this bump is present on their ramp?

IMG_20210806_213854 (resized).jpgIMG_20210806_213854 (resized).jpg
#16981 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

I have a problem with my maelstrom ramp, the ball jumps and hits the ball deflector. Suddenly the ball goes into the hole while I am not at the start of multiball. There is a bump in 1, I don't know if it was there before or if the ramp is deformed. Can someone tell me if this bump is present on their ramp?
[quoted image]

My ramp looks the same

#16982 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

[quoted image]

Can't tell from your picture but is the spring present (behind the hook) that holds that diverter up? Looks a bit low.

#16983 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

[quoted image]

I can't tell in your picture where the bump is you're saying in area #1. Mine seems to look the same as yours. Have you tried lowering flipper power?

#16984 2 years ago

Thank you for your answers, if your ramps look the same That's it already. Yes there is the return spring, I held the diverter in my hand and threw the ball several times to try and it looks better. It is true that it depends on the force with which I send the ball. I will try to stretch the spring to the maximum, I just noticed that the diverter does not return to the high position each time. I'll turn down the drummers to see. With this problem it's just unplayable. Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.

#16985 2 years ago
Quoted from Stef95:

Thank you for your answers, if your ramps look the same That's it already. Yes there is the return spring, I held the diverter in my hand and threw the ball several times to try and it looks better. It is true that it depends on the force with which I send the ball. I will try to stretch the spring to the maximum, I just noticed that the diverter does not return to the high position each time. I'll turn down the drummers to see. With this problem it's just unplayable. Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.

When I first got mine, the diverter would sometimes stick in the down position. I had to loosen the two screws on the top of the diverter and move it ever so slightly away from the ramp, towards the funnel.

#16986 2 years ago

The problem is solved, I panicked a little for nothing I think. The deviator did not return to the high position each time quite simply. I put a little wd40 in 1 and it works great. When I was doing my tests, I threw the ball in my hand and suddenly it was much too strong, that's why the ball jumped. Thanks again

IMG_20210807_205621 (resized).jpgIMG_20210807_205621 (resized).jpg
#16987 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Hi did you get my pm? Please send to [email protected] it is very much appreciated!!

#16988 2 years ago

Shipping took forever with an overseas package and the height of COVID, But, nearly a year later, haha, I received my ship in the bottle with wooden mount, finally.

This item is still in its packaging, but I have since sold my machine. I had envisioned this to be an amazing topper, which it would be.

I'm going to list this on the marketplace later this afternoon, but wanted to put this here in this thread in case there were any JJP POTC interested parties.

Please see the link below for this item. I will be listing it for best offer.
If interested, send me a PM.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/983641911/pirates-of-the-caribbean-2011-jack?ref=search_recently_viewed-1&frs=1

#16989 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Shipping took forever with an overseas package and the height of COVID, But, nearly a year later, haha, I received my ship in the bottle with wooden mount, finally.
This item is still in its packaging, but I have since sold my machine. I had envisioned this to be an amazing topper, which it would be.
I'm going to list this on the marketplace later this afternoon, but wanted to put this here in this thread in case there were any JJP POTC interested parties.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/983641911/pirates-of-the-caribbean-2011-jack?ref=search_recently_viewed-1&frs=1

$100

#16990 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

$600

#16991 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:L'expédition a pris une éternité avec un colis outre-mer et la hauteur de COVID, Mais, près d'un an plus tard, haha, j'ai enfin reçu mon navire dans la bouteille avec monture en bois.
Cet article est encore dans son emballage, mais j'ai depuis revendu ma machine. J'avais imaginé que ce serait un topper incroyable, ce qu'il serait.
Je vais énumérer cela sur le marché plus tard cet après-midi, mais je voulais le mettre ici dans ce fil au cas où il y aurait des parties intéressées par JJP POTC .
Veuillez consulter le lien ci-dessous pour cet article. Je vais le lister pour la meilleure offre.
Si intéressé, envoyez-moi un MP.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/983641911/pirates-of-the-caribbean-2011-jack?ref=search_recent_viewed-1&frs=1

2000.. Loool

#16992 2 years ago

My potc keeps getting played less and less. It’s kind of typical especially with getting new pins. Shadow and Lotr are our favs/longest owned pins and we haven’t played them in months but still love them. Potc i always think I could sell or trade plus cash for something but then I play it and I just can’t do it. I know I’ll never own it again. Some nights I play it and it just seems ok but others I have a game and love it all over again. I’m not sure if others are mixed like me but there is just something about this pin. I am hoping they update the code as that would really freshen it up

#16993 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My potc keeps getting played less and less. It’s kind of typical especially with getting new pins. Shadow and Lotr are our favs/longest owned pins and we haven’t played them in months but still love them. Potc i always think I could sell or trade plus cash for something but then I play it and I just can’t do it. I know I’ll never own it again. Some nights I play it and it just seems ok but others I have a game and love it all over again. I’m not sure if others are mixed like me but there is just something about this pin. I am hoping they update the code as that would really freshen it up

I still have a lot of fun playing it regularly. Even with how crappy I think it is that they haven't done anything on code in over 2 years, I couldn't see getting rid of it for a different machine. It's so unique with the Maelstrom shot, the chest lock & chest to inner loop shot, the layout of the pops, the extra ball shot, and so many more things and also of course a fun rocking mini PF that shoots at a target hole. It doesn't have a lot of flow but for me that's just another aspect o the game that sets it apart from other machines and makes it different and fun to play. And the job done on music and sound effects is amazing.

It is just a shame though that every time I first hit the start button on it I can't help but think how it stinks that JJP hasn't given us POTC customers anywhere near the attention on code for this game that their other games have received and that they've let it sit unfinished and unimproved for this long. That thought quickly slips away as I play, but it stinks that the thought is there. It's a great design and very fun to play, but unfortunately it was pushed into the rearview mirror pretty early on by the company that built it.

#16994 2 years ago

I never play mine anymore and still have a bunch of mods to install including full Radcals set. It’s just a huge money pit and dust collector at this point, I’ve thought about selling it and may soon. Frankly, the game is too valuable now to play and I don’t have a spare playfield. If JJP ever finishes the code, I may start playing it again. Let’s hope it comes, eventually

#16995 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I never play mine anymore and still have a bunch of mods to install including full Radcals set. It’s just a huge money pit and dust collector at this point, I’ve thought about selling it and may soon. Frankly, the game is too valuable now to play and I don’t have a spare playfield. If JJP ever finishes the code, I may start playing it again. Let’s hope it comes, eventually

My God man - you are missing out! Just sayin' as we seem to have similar tastes in games and my POTC is just WAY to fun to play to worry about code updates or future value. You bought it to play and enjoy right?

#16996 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

My God man - you are missing out! Just sayin' as we seem to have similar tastes in games and my POTC is just WAY to fun to play to worry about code updates or future value. You bought it to play and enjoy right?

The fiancé and I played it a bunch after I unboxed it and finished fixing all of the issues out of the box and installing tons of mods. I haven’t turned it on in at least a year, but it sure is pretty to look at. I’ve been waiting for the final code update that seems to never come, but hopefully good things come to those who wait. It is a blast to play

AD1F827D-588E-42B8-A3BF-0220F2F12A47 (resized).jpegAD1F827D-588E-42B8-A3BF-0220F2F12A47 (resized).jpegCADE4C09-9A65-4A62-9521-712BE78D84B5 (resized).jpegCADE4C09-9A65-4A62-9521-712BE78D84B5 (resized).jpeg
#16997 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have only had my POTC for about a year now, but I still play it daily. I have added 4 other machines since I got it, but I find myself playing Pirates most of time. For whatever reason, this game just grabs me. I got to Treasure Hoard for the first time a few weeks ago by accident, and now that I know how it works, that's given me something new to shoot for. I mean, it is still a mere pinball machine and I'm sure I will eventually cool off with it like any pin, but what other pin could really take it's place? If nothing else, I think this is currently the best representation of a JJP game I could have in my lineup.

#16998 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I got to Treasure Hoard for the first time a few weeks ago by accident, and now that I know how it works, that's given me something new to shoot for

How do you get to treasure hoard mode ?

#16999 2 years ago

I am looking for radcals, a pistol shooter and Lior's LCD frame mod. Willing to pay top dollar for any of those any of you may be willing to part with. Just send me a pm. Jim

#17000 2 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am looking for radcals, a pistol shooter and Lior's LCD frame mod. Willing to pay top dollar for any of those any of you may be willing to part with. Just send me a pm. Jim

Jjp sold out of radcals? I thought they had them for sale still but haven’t checked in a while

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/340 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.